Judge

By liddlegwb

Jullian Judge is a 16 year old college student who has been causing trouble for her parents since before she... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 4

8 0 0
By liddlegwb

The next morning I rolled out of bed a little earlier than usual as I decided last night that I would make an effort into my appearance. I put on slight mascara, covered up the bags underneath my eyes and put on some pink lip gloss. I looked into my mirror and I smiled in approval of the look achieved with minimal effort. 

When I got to school I made my way to maths class where I saw Harry standing outside.

"Why are you out here?" I spoke from behind him.

"Because, I don't wanna go in" he replied, not facing me.

"Why not?" I stepped closer.

"I hate maths."

"I hate school" I replied.

"I hate life" he turned to me and smiled.

"Okay you win Harry," I laughed. "Well you can't just stand out here for an hour, come" linking my arm through his I began leading him down the hall. I was very aware of Harry's gaze on our arms.

We walked out of school and Harry took us to his car. He began driving without either of us speaking another word. 

"You look different today" he stated simply.

"What do you mean?" I turned to him, his attention on the road.

"Are you wearing makeup?" he turned to examine my face slightly before turning his attention back onto the road.

"Yeah I am, tell me it doesn't look completely horrible" I groaned.

"Not completely," Harry grinned, a contagious grin that had me smiling back at him.

"Gee, thanks friend!" I rolled my eyes sarcastically. 

"We shouldn't be doing this" he tone changed.

"Doing what?"

"Bunking."

"How'd you figure?"

"Your mum."

"Why do you care what my mum thinks?" I laughed.

"Because," he started then sighed.

"Right.." I looked out the window.

"It's my birthday today" he said and I faced him again.

"What? Really! Well happy birthday Harry!" I cheered.

He smiled.

"What are you doing for it and how old are you turning?"

"Probably just hang with my family and 18" he said still focusing on the road.

"Oh, are you repeating?" I guessed.

"Yep," Harry replied.

"Look are you free today? You might not be cos it's Friday and all.." Harry wondered off.

"What are you getting at?" I said sitting up from my slacked position on the passenger seat.

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to come to the dinner my family's having tonight, I guess. It's gonna just be me, my parents and my sister. And you if you decide to show up."

"Why do you want me there? Won't it be awkward?" I bit my lip, slightly worried. I wasn't the best at impressing adults. Most of them took one look at the way I dressed in ripped jeans and baggy shirts with my hair in a high messy bun and already assume i'm a trouble maker. I guess that's why I behave the way that I do, people already assume that I am going to behave a certain way so I might as well just behave the way they expect of me, right?

Harry only shrugged in response. "I don't want my mum to think that I have no friends at this school." He admitted. 

"But you do have at least one friend at this school," I felt the need to reassure him. 

"Exactly, and I need that friend to come today."

"Alright. What should I wear?" I began biting at my lip.

"Wear whatever. My parents won't be expecting a cocktail dress" Harry laughed.

"Fair enough," I sighed.

"What you're wearing is fine,"

"What, no it isn't," I laughed.

I glanced down to Jake's white t shirt I had on, my faded nike jogging bottoms and my white air forces. 

"Well we're here" he shrugged.

"What?" I sat up and looked ahead to see probably the biggest house I had ever seen in real life, a mansion. "Woah," I breathed "no way you live here," I turned to face Harry but once again he only quickly nodded. "Your family must be loaded." I looked around at the massive green land which lay in front of the house. 

"My parents are," Harry parked the car and climbed out.

"Harry seriously I can't meet your parents looking like this" I released my hair from it's pony tail and tried to untangle the frizzy mess, wishing I was the sort of girl who bothered to make an effort in her fashion sense during the school week. How do some girls their tight skinny jeans or like boots or like fancy tops... it's school. 

"Why do you care what my parents think?" Harry quirked an eyebrow.

"Because," I smirked.

"Just come on," Harry hesitated for a moment "friend."

I smiled at his words and followed him up the driveway. Once we reached the entrance door Harry swung it open and I looked up to see chandeliers on the ceiling, the ceiling was high and as Harry spoke everything echoed.

"Gem!" Gem! Gem! Gem, gem.

Not long after Harry's words a girl that looked only slightly older than us came walking down the hall, adjusting her leather jacket. 

"Hello birthday boy," she squeezed Harry's cheeks.

"I missed you," Harry picked her up during their embrace and I smiled at their affection. I had assumed that she was Harry's sister?

"Missed you too Curly," she ran a hand through his hair and I burst out into a fit of laugther.

They both faced me and I bit my lip trying to contain myself but once again burst into a fit. Once I had calmed down I wiped a small tear from underneath my left eye. "I'm so sorry just carry on talking. Sorry," I folded my lips and looked away from them both. 

The girl laughed and gave me a quick hug.

"Hiya, I'm Gemma, Harry's older sister."

"Cool, I'm Jullian, Harry's best friend in the whole wide world." I smiled widely.

"Oh," Gemma smirked then turned and began walking down the hall. Harry followed and so did I. "So why aren't you two at school?" Gemma sat on a stool by the kitchen counter.

"Oh we uh-" I began and looked to Harry.

"We had maths first lesson and I didn't wanna go in so I brought Judge here." Harry's truthfulness always seemed to amaze me.

"Judge?" Gemma looked to me.

"Oh that's just my surname," I smiled.

"Oh yeah, Harry tends to do that" she whispered and popped her lips. Okay?

"So urm why do you and Harry miss each other? Did you just come back from somewhere?" I changed the subject.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I just returned home from Dubai, I was on holiday with a few friends"

"That's amazing! How was the trip? Are Dubaian boys hot? Did you have a little Dubaian romance?  Was it good weather? How long where you there for? Did you get t-" I rambled on but was brought to a halt once I heard the sound of both Harry and Gemma's laughter. "What?" I smiled.

"'Omg how was it? Dubaian romance! Hot Dubaian boys!'" Harry attempted to imitate my voice which resulted in Gemma laughing even harder and louder. The huge grin on Harry's face as he watched Gemma hold onto her stomach as she laughed even more was breathtaking. The way he used his right hand to brush his hair back and he rested his forehead on the counter in laughter and threw his head back suddenly, squeezing his eye shut and covering his face with his huge hands. 

"Ah she's a keeper Haz!" Gemma spoke once she'd finally composed herself.

"Oh we- me and Harry aren't- we-" I stammered.

"Trust me, she knows we're not together," Harry finished.

Gemma flushed "Sorry if I've made it awkward."

"It could never be awkward with my bff! Right Haz?!" I went on my tip toes to put an arm around his neck and pretended not to notice his glare.

"Rightio, well I actually need to pop out for a bit and neither mum and dad are home so can I trust you bff's to behave?" Gemma laughed.

"Yes Gem, go" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Lovely to meet you Jullian. I hope to see you at Harry's birthday dinner tonight, dress nice" she smiled and said a final goodbye to both of us before leaving the house and leaving us to ourselves.

"She said dress nice Harry," I turned to face him.

"And?" he shrugged and I rolled my eyes in slight annoyance of his constant I don't care attitude.

"This" I gestured to my clothes "is not exactly what her definition of 'nice' is it, Haz?" I teased.

"Don't call me that." Harry groaned.

"Why not?"

"It's babyish. Only Gemma can call me that."

"But I thought be were bff's?" I pouted and Harry smiled as he stared down at my lips. He stayed silent and licked his as I released my lips from the pout.

He suddenly got up and began walking out of the kitchen.

"Harry!" I groaned walking after him. "You seriously need to stop just walking away."

"Oh I forgot," he apologised and I brushed it off.

"What now?" I said as we both propped down on the couch in his enormous living room.

"Do you not want to go home and get changed?" Harry began to remove his bomber jacket.

"Are you saying that there's something wrong with what I'm wearing?" I slapped Harry's arm playfully.

"Not exactly saying it but it wouldn't hurt for you to get into a long skirt and button up shirt" he winked teasingly.

"Ugh," I scoffed then laughed, Harry joining in too "I guess you are right. Do you mind taking me?"

"Not at all." Harry stood up and led me to his car.

* * *

I sat down on the floor in front of my closet and sighed. I had nothing at all to wear, I had no idea why but I really, really wanted to impress Harry's parents.

There was a knock on my door "Come in!" I shouted and my mum entered.

"Look at this mess!" my mum spoke, stunned at the mess of clothes scattered on my bedroom floor.

"Mum it's Harry's birthday and he's invited me over for dinner with his family but I have nothing at all to wear!"

"What's wrong with what you have on?" My mum asked referring to the choker band tee dress I tried on earlier.

I scoffed before I replied "Mum, you should see his house. It's like the mansions in movies!" I stressed.

"Right, and Harry already wants you to meet his parents, hmm?" she sat on my bed with a cheeky grin on her face.

"What do you mean?" I looked back at her. 

"Oh nothing, nothing." she got up and began to search through the closet. "Here you are" she threw a tight black dress at me which had no straps and stopped right above my knee.

"I don't think this is appropriate attire to meet someone's parents for the first time, mum" I laughed "wayy too much cleavage." One thing I loved about my mum was that she was young and very stylish, but her fashion sense might be a downfall in this situation. I was hoping to go for more of a modest look. 

"Darling his parents will like you, because Harry chose you as friend. I mean I wasn't too keen on him when he showed up to my door yesterday but now I've just learnt to accept him, mostly because you have" she laughed.

"Thank you mum." I smiled and she left the room.

Sighing once more I decided on black high waisted jeans with a band tee which i tucked in my jeans, I put my hair into a high bun and applied red lipstick to the makeup I had on all day when my phone beeped.

From Harry: I'm outside.

I raced down the stairs, kissing my mum goodbye and climbed into Harry's car.

"I'm scared" I admitted immediately.

"Why's that?" Harry began to drive down the street.

"Your parents, what if they don't like me, I'm afraid they'll be the snobby type," I bit my lip and tweedled my thumbs.

"They are the snobby type." Harry laughed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442 9 8
Lauren Nedriss, 16, is stuck in a sticky situation. She's by herself, her friend has left and her mother could care less. Lauren has fallen deeply in...
334K 6.3K 48
**this story is going though editing** 18 year old Demi, is Harry's styles younger sister. Demi is very close with the boys, and is dating Niall. Bad...
10.9K 619 54
Selena has been through a rough break up and still can't get past that her ex boyfriend, Justin, cheated on her. She says that she can't take it any...
700K 20.9K 15
The story of a ten hour flight in which Frances finds herself trapped next to the famous and obnoxious rock star Harry Styles. All rights reserved...