The Best Thing For Me

By LaurenJ22

#1 Romance | #1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | Watty Awards winner for 2012 Romance Emma Ross is a hard-work... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty -- FINAL CHAPTER --

Chapter Eleven

456K 3.9K 282
By LaurenJ22

-----------------------------------

Dedication: Dorean for voting, commenting and fanning. Thanks for writing on my message board and personal messaging me. I really appreciate your support. Also, since apparently we're twins. <3

------------------------------------

I was floating. Yep, that's right. Up in the sky somewhere. The clouds were like giant candy floss bundles that you could eat on your fly by. It just started showering rainbows and lollies when a hand touched my arm. 

My eyes snapped open and I jumped, knocking my head on my wall. 

I winced in pain. After I got over grumbling at the wall and noticed the thing that had touched me and almost screamed.  

Someone. Was. In. My. Bed. 

Maybe if I got out slowly, grabbed a phone and sprinted over to Mel's and called the police, I'd be safe. My eyes finally registered who the person was. My heart settled down from panic to nervousness in a whole of three seconds. I had completely forgotten he'd stayed over. 

When did he hop in my bed? 

I couldn't remember. My brain was still in a muddle of morning fog. I rolled out of bed, barely making it on my feet. I dragged my legs with me to the bathroom. I washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I tried, unsuccessfully, to brush the knots out of my hair. I did a massive stretch, emerging from the bathroom. I then realised what I looked like. 

I ran back into the bathroom and slapped a little bit of foundation on my face, just under my eyes and near my chin the most. I tried to smooth my hair so it kind of looked okay. I went and through on a loose top and some denim shorts, ditching the skanky pajamas. I suddenly felt better and more comfortable. 

Now, what to do? 

Do I wake him? 

And if I did, what did I do then? 

I'd never had a boy stay over before...

Was it much different to having a girl over? 

I sprayed some perfume on me and added some lip gloss. I texted Mel, warning her to not come over as I had a guest. Of course she then bombarded me with questions, demanding to know every little detail of what had happened. Which was nothing, of course. 

I wandered around, not watching, texting quickly and I stubbed my toe on my drawer.  

"Mother fudge cake!" I cried, cradling my foot to my chest and doing some funky dance trying not to fall over. Jason rolled over and rubbed his face. He sat up slowly and squinted at me. I would be amused by his bed hair, if I wasn't writhing in pain. His blond mop stop up in odd angles and he ran a hand through it, as though noticing my stare.

I collapsed on the bed in pain, wriggling around.

"Er- You okay?" he asked, trying to keep the laughter from escaping.

"Um, yeah, I'm cool. Just kicked my toe. Sorry to wake ya." 

"That's okay." 

He slowly got up and disappeared into the bathroom. I semi-rolled on the bed, trying to sooth the throbbing in my toe. He came out with a lazy grin on his face, running his hand through his hair again. 

"So..." I began. "Want some breakfast?"

He gave me a smile in answer.

We'd eaten, watched a movie, went for a swim, watched another movie and took a walk on the beach before we began our walk back to my place. It had been a really nice day. We just hung out and it was good. 

"I'll drop you off," he offered. 

"Oh, that's okay." I insisted. "I don't want to make you go out of your way." 

"It's fine." 

I smiled gratefully. I tried not to stare. His face was extra swollen today. His cheek was a brilliant purple and his eyes had black underneath them. 

"My face hurts." he said, for the fifth time. 

"I think you've said that already," I teased. 

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah." 

"Are you going to ring your Mum? Tell her you're okay?" 

"I'll just pop into Jenn's." 

"Okay." 

We walked in silence as we climbed the hill up to my place. I tried not to pant, it was a bit of effort, you know. It was exactly just on a slant, I'll tell you that much. It was one of the steepest hills in the area.

"Well. I had fun." Jason said, once we reached the top, near my house. I planted my hands on my hips, trying not to show my breathlessness.

"Me too," I smiled, facing him.

"I'm glad I came last night." he told me. He raised his hand and gingerly patted his face. He winced and I made a face. Poor guy. It looked really painful.

"Me too," I repeated. 

And that's when it happened. I hadn't even realised he'd come closer to me, as I had been so absorbed in watching his bruises. He got closer, leaning in. 

Oh my Goodness. 

This was it. 

No interruption this time. 

None whatsoever. 

I got so excited that I tried to speed up the leaning in process. 

Worst. Decision. Ever.

He began moving faster at the same time I did and instead of our lips meeting, our foreheads seemed to. We smacked into each other and I gasped, recoiling. I can't believe it! We bumped foreheads!

"Ouch!" I said out of habit, even though it didn't really. 

He just laughed. He then couldn't stop. He doubled over and smacked his thigh, absolutely cracking up. I just stared at him in shock. How did he find this amusing? I wanted to go bury myself into a pit and disappear for a few months. Or years.

My face flamed redder then beetroot. I was horrified. 

"You're such a klutz!" he cried, doubling over again. His face was almost as red as mine, but obviously not for the same reason. I frowned at him, disliking how funny he found this. I  pursed my lips at him disapprovingly.

"I know." I huffed, folding my arms across my chest. "Man, I stuff everything up!" 

He was still laughing and was wincing at the same time. He gave me an awkward pat on the shoulder. I wrinkled my nose as it felt like someone would pat their dog. Oh God, he didn't think of me like that I hope. Maybe now after that.

"This whole kissing thing just isn't working." 

"Don't say that!" I automatically blurted.  

I just wanted to kick myself. Repeatedly. Why was I so weird? And awkward? And just plain, ugh! I made myself so angry.

I cleared my throat. "Er- I mean..." 

He just kept laughing. "Emma, Emma, Emma. What am I going to do with you?" 

He pulled his arm around my shoulders and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. My face got mooshed up against his chest and my nose flattened out, almost painfully.

"We'll just stick with that for now, yeah?" he suggested, trying not to laugh again.

I smiled weakly, reeling back slightly and looking up at him. My face hardly came to his shoulders he was that tall. Well, I was just that short. He was probably only a bit taller then the average height. I, on the other hand, was not.

"Okay." 

He grinned and we parted ways. I was so angry at myself for letting myself do that. I was never going to get kissed!

Why, why did I have to keep stuffing everything up? 

Maybe it was for a reason. 

Since all things happen for a reason, right?

---------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 32.1K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...
14.9K 1K 57
Even in the darkest moments, the beginnings of love can be found. Jayna Chacon is stuck in a rut. Her job is interesting, but she doesn't have any fr...
820 71 15
*DISCONTINUED* "Why do you do this?" "Because it takes the pain away." "No it doesn't. It just distracts you. Distracts you from what you're 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘭...
36.1K 783 33
Okay I know I might be over exaggerating but I'm seriously forever alone. I mean I'm 16 and I've never had my first kiss! Guys don't even look in my...