Artemis Fowl: The Olympian Ca...

By ProdigyZar

=An Artemis Fowl-Percy Jackson(World) crossover= A year after the events at Berserker's Gate, Ex-criminal and... More

A. Note
Ia: Ab Ovo
Ib: The Third Party
IIa: Misunderstanding
IIb: A Jump Gone Wrong
III: A Not-so Typical Camp Night
IV: Minerva's Resolve
V: Artemis and the Barn Owl
VI: The Mortal in a Business Suit
VIIa: Meet and Greet
VIIb: Artemis and the Beauty
VIIc: Death, the Sorceress and the Hammer
VIId: Welcome (Mortals)!
VIII: The Genius I Love
IX: Who are the Fowls?
Xa: The Armory
Xb: Capture the Flag
IMPORTANT A. Note
XI: Struggle
XIII: 'Them'
XIV: Camp Assault!
XV: Demands
XVI: Decisions
XVIIa: Where We Fall
XVIIb: Where We Stand
XVIII: Awakening
XIX: Artemis and Athena
XXa: Athena-Artemo Polias
XXb: Crossroads
XXI: The Vision
XXII: The Prophecy
XXIIIa: Imprisonment
XXIIIb: "Reunion"
XXIIIc: The Ireland Incident
XXIVa: A Spar Gone South
XXIVb: The Path of the Gods
XXIVc: Rage and Storm
XXIVd: The Water Elemental
XXVa: Just Koboi Things
XXVb: Sisters
XXVI: Twisted Truth
XXVII: The Past that Binds Us
XXVIII: I Name You
XXIX: Athena-Artemo Ergane
XXX: A Surprise in Dublin
IMPORTANT A. Note
XXXI: The Past and Its Shadows
XXXII: The Depth of Grief
XXXIII: Honest Thoughts
UPDATE

XII: The Nature of Things

1K 36 1
By ProdigyZar

Holly had never felt so alive.

She had been saying that to herself ever since she entered this world, as if her inner being had given a sigh of relief–a connection so long forgotten but suddenly found once more. She had been trying to understand it and find reason for being so tuned to this new version of Earth. So much so that she hasn't been herself lately, being all withdrawn and out of it, only coming to attention when called for.

It was the same in the game of Capture the Flag, where she simply let her body flow out of reflex as she intercepted the hidden demigods, even obtaining a wicked gun in the process. While she knocked down one kid after another, her mind wandered to the sound of the trees, the hum of the distant winds...

SQREEEEE!!!

"AArgh!" Holly snapped back to Earth while she pulled out her hearing aid, the roar of battle and clashing swords fill her being to the now. Radio interference?

Before she could think more into it, an arrow zipped past her arm, nearly impaling her shoulder if not for her combat reflexes. Oh, it's on, Robin Hood!

Holly cranked up the Leozer, which surprisingly had similar functions as her Neutrino–only it was combat-built to kill monsters with more than just shock. She activated her stealth and tried out Artemis' custom-made wings, classified as "Hummingbird" after the bird it was inspired and copied from. Made for reconnaissance and infiltration, it's functions replicated that of its code name; the wings vibrate in such a fast motion that flight control was similar to that of a helicopter, allowing maximum mobility while retaining an incredible output for speed due to an attached propulsion jet. It's primary weakness is that it could overheat due to prolonged use, and the estimated limit would be 12 hours, which in itself a technological marvel! Truly a work of a genius.

Holly hovered around the group, electrifying demigod per demigod to unconsciousness as they looked around in confusion. After a few minutes of this constant farce, a triumphant horn blared to life as Ms. McLean was seen being lifted in a mass of demigods, the blue flag in her hands and solidifying Artemis' plan of victory. Over at last, Holly sighed as she descended, the wings automatically folding back into the bag the moment she was safely on land. She decided to keep her stealth on, wanting to watch the show without her involvement.

Holly approached the group gathering together, arriving just in time to spot Annabeth storming into the fray with a scowl, "Alright, alright–where in the gods name is Fowl!?"

The group chuckled a little before backing away, not wanting to be on the way; the pride of a child of Athena truly runs deep, and no one wants to get caught in that storm. Here we go, Holly smiled helplessly, expecting the grand entrance of this overconfident Mudboy...

A few seconds passed...

10 seconds...

"FOWL! Get your sorry behind, front and center!" Annabeth fumed, glaring at the crowd who were confusingly looking around. Odd, was he scared?

Holly shook her head, knowing that no matter the foe Artemis was always in the better end when it comes to negotiations, threats, and all around flaunting his 'benevolence'–if you can call it that. He wouldn't back down as this was a matter of his own pride too, regardless of who he faced. But time flew, everyone now awkwardly uncertain of the situation while Annabeth boiled in rage and eyed at each camper. This isn't right...something is off for sure...

Then it clicked to Holly, remembering the screeching noise in her comms where she merely disregarded it as radio interference in the spur of the moment...

She was immediately alert, activating her wings so fast her stealth was discarded, startling the demigods.

"ARTY!!" she yelled out as she sped towards the red flag, recalling their group to have been far larger than the ones gathered. Meaning, the guards from the flag hasn't regrouped...

She arrived at the scene as the demigods had begun patching up, nymphs and satyrs amongst them and trying to help as much as they could. This troubled Holly more, worry turning to dread as this may just be her chalking up another failure in doing her job as guardian.

"D'Arvit!" she cursed and was about to speed away and begin her search when her eyes locked onto the nature magic performed by the nymphs and satyrs...

Sigh.....

The wind blew in a gentle manner, the trees seem to hum like a tuning fork as Holly's eyes glazed, feeling once more her oneness with her surroundings...how they make her breathe and feel anew...

Her vision suddenly became sharp with a tinge of green, the roar of the Earth seem to rise like the force of an orchestra. She glared around her, seeing all the roots, the leaves, all in deep detail...until she noticed depressions and footprints trailing away from the group. She made haste, not questioning what was going on with her and more on the priority at hand.

She arrived at the area where she easily deduced as a scene of struggle, a set of footprints seem to branch away towards the camp border and one set of footprints led to camp, which Holly instantly recognized as Artemis'. As she trailed the tracks of the Mudboy, she remarked how the steps seem to be random at first, then seem to go in an even pace but very close together. Could he be injured?

At that, Holly sped up her pace, noticing the further she went, the steps seem to sink even deeper to the ground, as if burdened by a weight. It is possible that he may be carrying Minerva, but based on how deep these footing were, she must have weighed at least a car, which of course she wasn't. So...what? Added dumbells?

Holly then spotted the armory and she immediately speculated a rough idea of what happened: the signal must have been some sort of jammer set up by the attackers, then one thing led to another that Artemis had to look for something to cover his ears, and since the armory was the closest infrastructure to the forest and the most equipped to supply such needs, it was all logic to go here. But...if the entire time he had to walk this good distance with nothing to protect him for the Mist...

Creak!

The sound of the wooden porch gave Holly fear in thinking that she may have been too late. The door was already opened, so she stormed in, her eyes darting around. She saw Minerva slumped to a corner and was by her side in an instant, checking her vital signs. She seems fine, only unconscious; a bruise here and there but otherwise nothing serious...

"But where is-"

Holly spotted Artemis sprawled on the floor a fair distance away, blood dripping from his ears that were stuffed with a pair of earplugs and facing the ground. He was convulsing and twitching like mad!

Holly quickly did a second check-up on Minerva then moved on to Artemis. Immediately she identified multiple bruises and a swelling on the left eye, a sprain on his right foot too. His muscles were strained and was sweating profusely, his skin tinge with red as if he had ran miles nonstop.

"Heal!"  Holly chanted as once again tendrils of nature magic encase Artemis in a dazzling green light, and in a couple of minutes he was stable, his breathing becoming even and the blood dried and wiped. She then checked his eyes as first aid protocol and she yelped!

What in the Havens!?

She hesitated, clearly baffled on what must have happened during her absence. Before she could check again, the sound of wings fluttering in came it nestled beside Artemis. Atry the barn owl hooted once, then looked straight at Holly, and she suddenly had the urge to back away. This bird...

Holly lifted both Minerva and Artemis easily onto her arms and headed for the infirmary, remembering the piercing gaze of Artemis' eyes that made her shiver.

Eyes like that of an owl...

=====🗣=====

Promised 750-read chapter! Next goal: 1.5k-reads! There will still be a chapter released this Friday so yeah!

And as always, thanks for reading! 🦉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.1K 14
OLD STORY CHECK 'The Moon's Guardian (2018)' FOR THE NEW STORY! Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon. two time savior of Olympus. Defeater of Kronos, su...
69.8K 1.8K 39
No one thought that Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase would die on his way to a date during a vacation in Boston. No one thought that Percy would en...
7.4K 178 33
Artemis Fowl is suspicious of the events of the Titan War. So he investigates the happenings and is close to finding out the truth about the Greek Go...
1.7K 33 27
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING RELATED TO PERCY JACKON UNIVERSE, IT IS ALL PROPERTY OF RICK RIORDAN. NOR DO I OWN THE ART. I DON'T KNOW WHO MADE I...