Ran away and have a great life

By sziszkaaa7

Run away AU Is there anything more to say? :D WILL BE FINISHED! - 2019. 07. 27. I do not own httyd or the... More

01. Running away
02. A day later
03. A year later
04. Two years later
05. Three years later
06. Four years later
07. The real story is about to begin...
08. Preparation
09. The Queen
10. I need help
11. Rescue
A/N
12. We need food
13. Night
14. Mission
15. Chilling
16. Late dinner, or early breakfast?
18. Always go for the kill
19. War
20. The day of action
20.5 The action continues
21. Whispers in the dark
22. Hiding and hidden
23. Traitor
24. Fresh air
25. Roars
A/N - PICS
26. Drag-On, Drag-Off
27. The end is where it begins
28. What's going on someone tell me pls
29. Open wounds
30. Time of dying
31. Somewhere I belonged
32. I'm not on my own
33. New day
34. Hit me one more time
35. I wonder
36. New day
37. Not gonna die
38. Trouble
39. More and more
40. Alliance
41. Failure
42. Spending time1
43. Spending time 2
44. Rough day
45. Race
A/N
I'm back!!!
46. What's the meaning of it?
47. Future or past
48. Moving ahead... maybe
49. Talk no.1
50. Talk no.2
51. Talk no.3 or not
52. Actual talk no. 3
A/N

17. Sunrise flight

2.9K 83 13
By sziszkaaa7

Astrid's POV

After meal we all fell a sleep. I personally didn't wanted to do that, but I couldn't help myself, exhaustion took the hold of me.

I woke up by the sound of a nightfury screech not far from me. The mysteries pair was missing from beside me so I got up which woke up Stormfly too and we both followed the sound.

Close to our current camp I found them. Um. We.

I saw the night fury circling around... the Rider! Who was doing push ups. When he collapsed, the dragon shot at him, scaring the boy back up... and continued.

*Rider* - 967, 968, 969, 970.... - He counted. Does he really train right here? And why does the dragon push him further? They repeated it the last incident a few times, when he finally finished at 1000, he collapse for good. He rolled on his back, and petted his dragon who hung his head above him. - Thanks bud... I don't know where would I be without you... - the dragon responded with a soft(!) purr(!) like growl. - Yeah... yeah... probably we still be meeting in the forest and trying my best to hide you. - The dragon growled again. - Nahhhh. A bit more break? Just a little...? - GROWL! - Okay, okay. - With that he started to do some other exercise.

It's logical, he has to train a lot to be the best. I sighed. When I was about to turn back, they both stopped and jumped up... they stared the horizon, than run of! We followed them close, when the nightfury shot up to the air, but this shot wasn't like any I've seen. This one exploded high up in the starry sky, than covered everything in blue for a moment, there was a lot of dragons! They wasn't even shaken by the shot, instantly nosedived towards them. The Rider and his companion run up on a bigger rock on the beach, where they were more visible.

The first three was changewings, they took a few circle around them, than as they landed they got petted. Few nadders and an unknown dragon followed them closely... the others remained a bit further ... they all were saying hellos?! Probably. The unknown one, gave something to him, that he happily accepted. What is it?

It took me a bit of time to realize what it was. Another tail fin for the nightfury. In a blink of an eye it was already placed on, he hopped in saddle and checked how the new tail working, than took off with the others.... WHY I'M IN THE AIR?!

Stormfly grabbed me, as she followed them. She threw me on her back?!

We followed the crazy nightfury high up in the air, where nobody else followed them! They were spinning, so Stormfly did it too... the world spun with me, I've totally lost what was happening and the next thing I knew, I was falling. I screamed, I totally failed to keep my cool, but I'm so high up! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!

Hiccup's POV

I was so happy when we got an another tail. I got used to spend so much time in the air, I was already missing it! As soon as it was on, and checked everything we shot up, to do some stuns, ending it with a nice a free fall. Higher and higher! We reached for the stars, the air cooled down, and when we both shivered from the cold, we didn't had patience for more. We fell in to the depth, enjoying the feeling. We both felt so alive! I love it. We love it!

A scream.

Suddenly I couldn't place what was going on, only when I saw. Ohhh shit.

Astrid was few feet below me, Stormfly not so far panicking as well.

I closed my arms, made myself smaller, so I fell faster, and with my balance I could go towards her direction. After awfully few long-long second I was near enough to grab her arm, I hold it firmly, my bud just arrived next to me as well, with a shared look I've got on his saddle, taking Astrid with me, who somehow had enough composure in herself, to take a hold on my back as we both managed to safely take a sit on Toothless.

It will be a rough finish of this, but nothing dangerous.

The wings opened up, but didn't slow us down enough, we was still heading towards some dangerous rocks...

- COME ON BUD!

With a click we both know what was coming. Some cool dodging! A last time dodge to right with a spin, then two to the left, than through a narrow hole, turned to our side, than a twist up to around a rock. As we arrived we both shouted in euphoria. We did it. WE DID IIITTTT!!!!

Heavy breaths.

- Hey, Astrid, are you okay?

- WOULD YOU BE OKAY, AFTER GETTING KIDNAPPED WITH A DRAGON, THAN FELL INTO YOUR DEATH?!

- Um... to be honest, yeah.

- WHAT!

- Some everyday stuff in my life you know...

She was processing what she heard. Her hold unconsciously tightened.

- ...how can you feel so safe with them?!!

Deep in thought her voice was barely audible. Is she really curious? ...Hm... Maybe worth a shot.

- I'll show you.

- What...?

- Toothless, let's show our world!

- NO! Just take me back!

Toothless opened his wings more, slowing us further and we gained some height really slowly. She didn't say a word afterwards.

I let Toothless to do his thing. I know his every move, every habit, everything he can do, even I know what is it like having wings... but I'll never reach his level off instinct. Not like it could be taught, his knowledge is something I'll never get to know... not like I as a human do not have trait he won't get to experience. Ever. However it's not necessary to learn. This is why we have each other. To be each other's another half.

The Sun's first rays of light changed the colour of the world, the quickly changing red fluffy clouds surrounded us, we could literally reach them. A soft gasp behind me was the proof I made the right decision.

The sky and the earth did not bond us anymore, they frequently swapped, and so did the right and left.

Above the trees, the leaves became an ocean we ducked down near to the ground, when the forest run out of ground it could grow on, we flew off a cliff down to the water surface, Toothless let his wing edge onto it, creating a sweet fresh sound.

- How do you like it?

- ... amazing - she whispered - No wonder you enjoy being on the back of a night fury!

- It's not a night fury. He is THE nightfury, Toothless, my best friend...

I spotted Stormfly a bit further, looked guilty... poor one.

I set Toothless' tail on automatic and as soon as we reached her I jumped. Astrid screamed as I landed on the very depressed dragon.

- Hey girl... you did nothing wrong...

- But she fell off! I wasn't flying well?

- You flew perfectly as you would alone. You just need some practice how to do things with someone on your back. And you have to more careful, don't try any dangerous move. Yet. At least not with a beginner rider. Come follow my lead.

We followed Toothless and a very stunned Astrid. Knowing her, she is amazed how easily I could handle the wild dragon. Although she can't tell I was having some difficulties because a wild one is not used to caring someone on her back.

We stared the sunrise, when she spoke up.

- I probably won't have any more chance for this question... but you said you wasn't always a dragon rider. I assume your home wasn't dragon friendly either.

- ...it's true.

- Why didn't you kill?

- I... couldn't.

- That's not an answer.

- Why is this so important to you all of a sudden?!

- Because I want to remember what you say...

- OH for the love of...! I was a coward, I was weak, I wouldn't kill a dragon!

- You said wouldn't that time...

- Errr... whatever! I wouldn't... three hundred years and I'm the first Viking who wouldn't kill a dragon...

- First to ride them though.

I sighed.

- I wouldn't kill him because he looked as frightened as I was... I looked at him... and I saw myself.

Now I realized everyone was around us. I sighed again. The old wounds of the past burnt again. We've never talked about it before... it was something we both avoided, and the others never asked.

*Widow* - Wow.

- We should go. Let's get moving.

We've been above the camp, I jumped on Toothless while he was landing, I stood over the girl. No. I'll keep myself to my own promise. Nobody from Berk. She dismounted without a word, she clearly still prefers both of the feet on the ground.

I looked at my new dragon pack, the nadder was right, I can not leave them with these murderers. I roared.

- Wake up, and follow me! - Everyone woke up battle ready, but I didn't wait. We raised up to the air, the dragons tried to bring their riders. - The humans are staying!

They complained but did not go against my words. I saw Stormfly hesitating, she landed beside Astrid, who surprisingly hugged her head, than the nadder left halfheartedly. I looked down for the last time, than we bolted straight home. The newcomers sorrow eyes were hard to hold, but I still can't work with Berk. I can not fall back to those dark days of mine. I know I'm just running from my past, but I don't want to face with it. Later. I'll do it later.

Maybe never.

(A/N I hope you like my version of Stormfly... she'll be doing better after a bit of training, but now she is unexperienced how to handle a rider... xD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 9K 33
this takes place after httyd2! It does not include spoilers for httyd3, I came up with this before the trailer of httyd 3 came out Y/n y/l/n is an 1...
676K 13.8K 25
Y/n is a night fury. Thought to be the last one of her kind. And then things changed. Y/n met Toothless. And hiccup. And the twins. Life changed into...
69.5K 3.4K 21
Everyone knows the story of Hiccup and how he trained a dragon. Ever know how the dragon trained him? Ever wonder the Night furies past? Well, that's...
33.2K 1.1K 61
Most of my life I have been hiding from everyone and everything. Without my best friend, though, I wouldn't have survived. One seemingly normal day...