Intent 2: Fight or Flight [Wa...

By ccalianese

This is the sequel to Intent. *** Even when everything is telling you it's over, is it really? Can Emma and H... More

A Little Teaser...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 14

3.8K 135 55
By ccalianese

Back For You - One Direction

Harry

Getting my sorry ass to Ireland was much harder than you could ever imagine. After I grabbed the bare essentials from my flat I jumped in my car and started making my way to the airport.

But, as my shitty luck would have it, I blew a tire halfway there, it started to rain while I was changing it, and then the bloody spare tire got stuck in it's holster in the back of my car and it took me 15 minutes to get the damn thing out.

It was a bloody nightmare.

When I finally got the damn thing changed and made it to the airport I found that things at the airport weren't going to be any better.

As it happens, with the crappy weather, almost all the flights were either delayed or canceled. I couldn't find a bloody plane to take me to Ireland.

It's crazy, for a place so close, there were literally no flights I could get.

After what seemed liked hours of arguing with the woman behind the desk they finally found a seat for me. To my dismay I still had to wait ages before it took off but in the end it got me into Ireland at 6am on Valentine's Day.

Today.

The plane ride was no easy trip either.

My seat was broken, the kid behind me kept kicking my seat, and the turbulence was horrific.

But I'd go through it all again to be in the position I'm in right now.

Finally I'm here and now I have to make a choice.

Do I go straight to Em's mums house or try my luck with Niall. It's still pretty early so it would be a convenience to either of them. But I need to at least try.

Without further thought I hail a cab and give him Andrea and Steve's address.

I hope she is there. It's no secret Em has been spending time with Niall but I'd hate to see her actually staying with him.

Niall seems like a good guy. He is the one who told me where she was after all and even when I was here over Christmas Em said he had her best interests at heart. So if she needed to be with someone else, I'm glad she was with some like him.

Still stings though.

But who am I to judge. I was in bed with Jessica a few weeks ago so I can't say anything if she has chosen she'd rather be with Niall.

At this point I just want to see her. After all these days without my girl I have felt myself slowly fading away. She was so intertwined in my life, having her disappear entirely is gradually kill me from the inside.

We don't even need to talk or touch. I just want to be close to her. To feel her around me. To know she is alright.

When the cabbie pulls up in front of her family's house I nearly make him keep going down the road. My nerves getting the better of me but I push forward. I need her more than I'm afraid of her reaction. The pain of having her is far worse than anything she could sling at me.

Whatever happens next, whether I find her on the other side of the door or get clocked in the face by Steve, it will be the right move. I'll at least be getting closer.

With my heart in my throat and my stomach twisting in knots, I take the few steps up to her door step and ring the doorbell.

At first it seems as if no one if home. That's impossible, it's only half past seven, someone has to be home.

Oh god, what if I'm waking them all up? Not the best way to start things off, by making every member of her family pissed at me.

After another moment the door swings open and my eyes go wide.

"Harry?" Steve says, not angry to see me but he isn't happy with my sudden appearance either.

Losing all sense of social expectation I blurt out, "is she here?" I sound timid and desperate, but why even lie at this point? He could probably read how I feel on my face, there's no hiding it.

He sighs at me, not making any move to let me in or answer my question. Then we both hear someone move around inside.

Emma?

Whoever it is has snapped Steve out of his passive state and he looks back at me and very clearly says. "Harry I really think you should leave."

"But I need to..." just about ready to beg on my knees in front of Em's stepfather.

"I don't say this because of Emma, okay." Well that's not what I was expecting to hear. "I'm telling you because my darling wife and overly confident son hate you at the moment and I'm certain their reaction to you will be far worse than hers."

A sliver of hope.

"I understand but I only want to talk to Em. Please." My voice cracks as I dig my hands deep in my jacket pockets, my bag weighing down on my shoulder.

I honestly don't care if the rest of her family hates me, I hate myself and they have every right to but I only care what Emma thinks. She probably hates me too but Steve didn't mention Em so...

"Don't mean to be harsh but it's true and apart from them, I'm not too happy with you either" Steve explains further.

And there is it.

"Sir I'm so sorry but–" And as I try to continue I see his face harden, the roadblock between Emma and I getting more difficult to bypass.

"What was the first thing I asked you when you were here at Christmas?"

"A lot happened at Christmas." I say quietly, trying to give myself enough time to gather my thoughts.

"I asked you if Emma was in good hands and you said she was."

I have nothing to say in response. I have absolutely no excuse. He's right. I did say that and I went back on my word.

"I know" I say quietly. "But I'm trying to fix that now. Please."

"Steve, who is it?" I hear a female voice from within but it's too muffled to know who exactly it belongs to.

Without a word, I watch as Steve peeks his head around the door to look at whoever it is. He says something I, unfortunately, cannot hear.

If it's Em please let her come out.

She doesn't. No female does in fact.

Then I see Em's little brother is standing behind his father.

The last conversation I had with the four year old comes to the forefront of my mind and I suddenly feel worlds guilty.

With all that's gone on between Emma and I, I haven't only betrayed her trust in me but I've fractured the relationship I had with her family, especially Lucas.

I promised him I wouldn't make his sister cry and I couldn't stick to my word.

Fuck I'm awful.

But I can't keep that from trying to mend fences.

"Lucas I'm–" I start but before I continue Lucas takes a step forward, his face red with anger, and with one swift kick, his foot makes contact with my leg and I buckle over.

I guess he hasn't been taught to not kick someone when he's down because Lucas does it again but pairs it with a surprise punch to my gut.

Now, he's only four but the spontaneity behind his actions catch me completely off guard and the whole assault knocks the wind out of me.

Thankfully Steve steps in and pulls Lucas back before handing him to someone within.

Gradually, I straighten up and catch my breath. And then I hear her. She's comforting an obviously distraught Lucas just on the other side of the door. I can't see my girl but I can hear her clear as day.

I can just picture her now. Her brother in her arms while she tries to suppress a smile what how he just fought for her.

She is so close. I can literally feel her presence on the other side of the door, the feeling almost has me pushing past Steve and confronting her but I don't.

I stay still, an invisible and unknown force keeping me from rushing in to her.

It's not right.

"Harry." Steve addresses me for the first time since his son's actions. I swear he looks a little proud. "I'll tell her you came but–"

"I know" I save him the trouble of explaining further.

Without another word I walk back to the road and start walking toward town.

I thought I could do this on my own but I don't think I can. It's time to talk to Niall.

The ride to the familiar pub doesn't take long and I'm happy for that.

It's a little strange just showing up at a stranger's flat to ask for help but at this point Niall is the only one on my side. He's the only one willing to help.

His text told me a lot, including that.

"I was wondering when you grow some balls and show up." Niall says when he opens the door.

"Nice to meet you too." I simper sarcastically.

"Sorry but you can imagine how frustrating this all is. You and Emma are just as bad as each other."

"Thanks?" I say as I follow him into his flat.

"Yeah well..." I watch as he moves around the living room and grabs an envelope before handing it to me. "You're going to be needing this mate.

I look at him, puzzled.

What the hell is this?

"Emma left this behind in case I had a change of heart before her plane takes off, but I'm not the one she wants. She doesn't believe that and I told her not to but... well you know Emma." I hate how familiar he is with her, far closer than I am at the moment.

I still have no idea what he's going on about so I open the envelope and find one single ticket inside. I'm speechless.

My Emma was going to go on our trip with someone else?

The true effects of what has happened, their consequences and how Em is trying to cope, by running to a place I gifted her funnily enough, hits me hard and I stand stark still.

Thankfully my new best mate, Niall here, has strength enough to speak.. "Look mate I know it's a shock but the plane doesn't leave for a few hours, you should be able to make the same flight as her." My head snaps up at the prospect.

Hastily he gives me her flight details, thankfully he offered to call the airline and confirm everything, and I'm out.

It's finally time to get my girl.

Emma

I could have sworn I heard the doorbell ring. Who in the right mind would be here this early in the morning I have no idea but I'm awake now so I might as well go see who it is.

Wrapping my robe around me, I walk through the hall and start heading downstairs, Pebbles hot on my heels.

It's sweet, it's like he knows I'm hurting because he's rarely left my side. I'm glad for the company. Of course I love Lucas and Sara but it's far easier to sit silently with their dog than it is with two toddlers.

I get half way down the stairs when I see Steve standing with the door half open, talking with whoever is on the other side.

"Steve, who is it?" I ask, taking him by surprise.

When he peeks his head around the door I am met with a very worried expression and something inside tells me exactly who is standing on the other side.

But it can't be.

Then Steve confirms it. "Harry," he mouths and I nearly faint.

Of course, I knew I would have to face him one day but I never imagined he would show up at my bloody house.

Fuck.

Why is he even here?

In every scenario I've cooked up in my head I just assumed he and Jessica were together, living and loving life blissfully without me back in Oxford. I never once thought he would bring his happy life to my doorstep.

Do I have this entirely wrong?

Lucky for me, when Steve turns back to talk with Harry I hear him say he can't come in. He's pulling out all his protective dad cards and I couldn't be more grateful to that. The last thing I want is for Harry to see me with my pillow hair and in my robe.

Then, before I can stop him, little Lucas walks right to the door and steps outside. Next thing I hear is a deep seeded groan from Harry followed by two more.

Did Lucas just hit him?

I make my way down the final few steps, ready to take Lucas from Steve when he pulls him away from Harry.

Instantly, I can tell he's got himself worked up and I make quick work of calming him down. After last time I never want to see Lucas get like that.

Luckily, he does settle and I'm filled with pride.

Not ashamed to say I can't help but smile at my little brother. What he just did makes me happier than I could have ever thought possible. Completely inappropriate actions for a four year old but entertaining and warranted all the same.

I'm glad Lucas got his moment to get back at Harry, he more than deserved it.

I give him a quick kiss on his flushed cheek and whisper, "thank you buddy." When I pull back he has the biggest smile on his face. He goes to speak but with Harry still at the door I stop him.

Then I hear Harry clearly for the first time. "I know." Is all he says. His voice so low and desperate. It really does pull at my heartstrings, I have half a mind to go out there but I don't. I'm nowhere near ready to see him.

Suddenly the fact that I'm leaving for St. Barts in a few hours is even more appealing now that Harry has shown up in Ireland.

How did Harry even know to come here?

Lina was the only person I told and I know she wouldn't tell him. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sure it's not a huge jump to guess that I went to my family but if he assumed that I was in Ireland shouldn't he have been here last week? Shouldn't Harry have chased me down the second he figured it out?

Maybe that's what happened but it doesn't seem likely?

Perhaps Jessica dumped him and he's crawling back to the one person he thinks will take him back. Well to hell with that. If he thinks it's going to be that easy that he's got another thing coming.

Whatever his reason that won't be happening. He was with Jessica the same night we broke up. I can't forgive that. Catching him with anyone else, maybe. I could of gotten past seeing him with someone else, but not her.

Harry has chosen Jessica time and time again and I'm not having it anymore. All those other times I eventually let him get away with it because I thought we were in love with each other, albeit I hadn't admitted it to him but I know deep down he knew I loved him.

Well none of that matters now.

I'm off to a luxurious and completely peaceful vacation in St. Barts, I shouldn't be worrying about any of this anymore. In a few hours I'll be flying miles and miles away with him. I shouldn't worry.

A few hours later I find myself, finally, sitting in the comfy first class seat waiting for take off.

Mum was still dubious on whether I should go. She tried to tell me to wait a few more days, spend some more time with the family but I reassured her that I'd be back and she begrudgingly let me go.

Lucas and Sara weren't to happy with me either. They soon changed their tune when I told them I'd be coming back with gifts.

Harry really went all out with this trip. I've been looking through the confirmation email I received when I finalized all the details and this package has everything. A private villa on the beach, meals included, a couples spa package (I'll be turning that into a solo one as soon as I get there), and even the choice to charter out a boat for a day and explore the ocean life.

It really looks like paradise and I couldn't be going at a better time. I need some unbridled TLC, no questions asked and nothing to stop me. For the next week I just want to lay out on the beach, read a good book, soak up the sun, and blissfully forget about the boy I was supposed to be sharing it all with.

I hadn't really thought when I confirmed the flight that flying mid afternoon to a tropical island in the middle of the work week would be an odd time to fly but it is. The plane isn't full. Not that it matters. Even if I did care it wouldn't matter. Like I said, Harry has splurged and I'm one of only a few people in first class. Luckily the seat beside me is empty so I have even more room to relax on top of the ample room I already have.

"Now, just as our final passengers come on board we will soon be on our way" the flight attendant announces.

I look up as the last few people walk down the aisle, ecstatic that no one sits beside me. I lean back, close my eyes and wait for lift off.

"Sorry I'm late love" I hear a low raspy voice say to the flight attendant in the distance and my eyes open immediately.

No that can't be right, just my brain playing tricks again.

Still, knowing with every fiber of my being that it can't possibly be true, I lift my head up and see the very last person board the plane.

A tall brown haired, green eyed, dimpled boy turns the corner and meets my bewildered gaze.

I go breathless, chin hitting the floor as he takes the few steps to stand next to me. In an instant he's towering over me with his bag slung over his shoulder, a coffee in hand, and a pair of sunglass keeping his short hair out of his face.

To my dismay, he is the epitome of cool and my insides sing with excitement.

No! I should not be reacting to how bloody attractive he is.

This man broke my heart. Said vial things to me, he doesn't deserve any of it.

Of course my body doesn't listen as I become more aroused as we just stare at each other.

This is ridiculous.

I shouldn't be this affected. I'm not a teenager, I should be able to control my hormones.

But, alas I can't seem to control anything as I slightly press my thighs together, my breath catching in my throat.

Why is he here?

Maybe I'm dreaming. Yes... that's it. I fell asleep and I'm dreaming he's here. I just need to wake up.

Unfortunately when I open my eyes again he's still standing before more with a slight smile.

Harry... he's really here.

Before I have time to think of what to say, anything would do to be honest, he beats me to the punch.

"Happy Valentine's Day Em."

It's only been a few weeks but it feels like years since I really heard his voice. It's a heavenly sound and I nearly smile myself, nearly.

Harry's smile slowly grows and I suddenly realize one thing I hadn't even thought of since he boarded my flight.

Ahh fuck.

Without a doubt I know where he's sitting. 

___

A/N: A little Valentine's Day treat. Harry and Em are reunited. 

I know I have been updating rapidly but that was to get to this point by Valentine's Day. Next update should be ready in the next couple days. 

Hope you like it. A lot more to come. 

VOTE + COMMENT

All the love, C. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 74.7K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...
29.5K 1.6K 75
Anna Styles, an accomplished and well known architect, is stepping back from her high-profile job to focus on the family that she and her husband, Ha...
15.3K 342 44
*COMPLETED* *UNDER MAJOR EDITING* *EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION* Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ma6Obs8Cqo I didn't think that som...
284K 5.7K 44
[COMPLETED] Nothing is louder than the silence between two lovers that aren't lovers anymore. *** Why am I running away from him ? He's the on...