together | ethan

By bronzethan

sequel to bestfriends. carter is finally back from australia to seek a fixing in her relationship with ethan... More

disclaimer
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
inspiration
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one

four

12.3K 315 488
By bronzethan

Unedited

3:03am | same day

Ethan's pov

I sigh, finishing up cleaning the kitchen until it was spotless. I got rid of the glass shards, as well as the spilled alcohol.

My mind is everywhere. I'd never seen Carter break down like that, and it scared me. I didn't know what to do.

She's currently sitting on the couch in our living room, wrapped in a white, fluffy blanket.

Not wanting to avoid anymore conversation, I slowly make my way towards the couch in which she's sitting on.

Her head is laying back, and her eyes are shut. But I know she's awake. Her breathing is steady, and her legs are curled up to her chest.

"Carter," I whisper, circling around the couch, and sitting next to her. Immediately, her body scoots closer to mine with her head lying on my shoulder.

I take one of her hands, holding it, tracing circles. She doesn't say anything, but I don't either. It's complete silence that filled the air, but for some reason, after all that had happened, it wasn't an awkward silence. Not at all.

It was a comfortable one.

"Kenzie's really lucky," Carter says, barely above a whisper. "She's got everything I've ever wanted since I got here," she adds, making me suck in a breath.

"What's that?" I ask, acting completely clueless, although I knew she was talking about me.

"Happiness," she whispers.

Oh, wasn't talking about me in particular, but whatever.

"Where's your happy place. Just take yourself there," I say, hoping I'd lighten up the mood, knowing I'm not a motivational speaker.

She closes her eyes, taking in a deep breath. After a few moments, I see her lip tug upwards out of the corner of my eye.

"Where is it?" I question.

She doesn't answer at first, making me think that maybe she hadn't heard me. I almost repeated myself until she replies with, "Senior year," She pauses for a moment, hesitating to say the next part.

"When you loved me."

----

"Kenzie, I know you're at a family thing, but I miss you. Call me back," I say, finishing up the voicemail I had just left her. I left her three voicemails, and I know that's not a lot, but I didn't want to seem clingy, although I strangely am.

I let out a breath, setting my phone down on the night table next to me. The amount of stress I'm putting myself through is ridiculous.

I met Kenzie because Lexi had told me that I needed to get over Carter, and that she'd never be coming back. She set us up on a date. Kenzie was there for me for the months and months I had spent without Carter. And funny thing is, when I was with Kenzie, I completely forgot about Carter, and I was happy.

But... Now Carter's back. I don't know what for, or how long she's staying, but I want to make the most of it. When she left, I wouldn't leave my room. I wouldn't even eat.

That is, until I met Kenzie. Who is a really good person when you think of it. She can kind of be bitchy, and she'll sometimes laugh bitterly at something you had done, but I swear; good person.

I'm not sure if Grayson likes her, but I haven't even asked for his opinion yet. And if he doesn't, I honestly don't want to ask.

Kenzie makes me happy.

But not as much as Carter did.

I'm with Kenzie now.

But you want Carter back.

I like Kenzie.

You love Carter.

__________

END OF CHAPTER 4

Barely even a chapter lol. This is a filler guys. But I'm rlly lazy, I can't even write rn.

Check out my new book. It's called happy. It's an Ethan fanfic, cause I'm a hardcore Ethan girl. Well, idk. I'm a grethan girl, but I'm weighing more on the Ethan side.

IDK ITS COMPLICATED

Anyways, sorry for short chapter. Until next time ✌🏻🌶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 1K 17
What if when Odin ordered Frigga out of the room when her son was at his trial after the events of "The Avengers", Frigga refused to leave. She deman...
958K 40.3K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
220K 8.5K 41
"We are like parallel lines: always close, never together." Book 1. In which two completely different people always seem to end up finding a way tow...
1.7K 50 30
WATTYS 2022 WINNER {Original story} Imlie a regular country girl got trapped in a story of destiny and faith that leaves her in sadness and pain. Im...