The Secret Diary of Belle (Gr...

By AtomicNicky

This book was found in an old, abandoned mansion in France. It appears to be a diary kept by one Miss Belle D... More

Entry One
Entry Two
Entry Three
Entry Four
Entry Five
Entry Six
Entry Seven
Entry Eight
Entry Nine
Entry Ten
Entry Eleven
Entry Twelve
Entry Thirteen
Entry Fourteen
Entry Fifteen
Entry Sixteen
Entry Seventeen
Entry Eighteen
Entry Nineteen
Entry Twenty
Entry Twenty One
Entry Twenty Two
Entry Twenty Three
Entry Twenty Four
Entry Twenty Five
Entry Twenty Six
Entry Twenty Seven
Entry Twenty Eight
Entry Twenty Nine
Entry Thirty
Entry Thirty One
Entry Thirty Two
Wattpad Block Party - Summer Edition II
Entry Thirty Three
Entry Thirty Four
Entry Thirty Five
Entry Thirty Six
Entry Thirty Seven
Entry Thirty Eight
Entry Thirty Nine
Entry Forty
Entry Forty One
Entry Forty Two
Entry Forty Three
Entry Forty Five
Entry Forty Six
Entry Forty Seven
Entry Forty Eight
Entry Forty Nine
Entry Fifty
New Book Alert - Alice Logs Into Wonderland
Entry Fifty One
Entry Fifty Two
Entry Fifty Three
Entry Fifty Four
Entry Fifty Five
Entry Fifty Six
Entry Fifty Seven
Entry Fifty Eight
Entry Fifty Nine
Entry Sixty
Entry Sixty One
Entry Sixty Two
Entry Sixty Three
Entry Sixty Four
Entry Sixty Five
Entry Sixty Six
Entry Sixty Seven
2018
New Cover

Entry Forty Four

1.5K 191 5
By AtomicNicky

As we walked back toward our coach, after leaving the Ball, I became overwhelmed with happiness.

"It's such a beautiful night," I said, exiting the the grounds. "We should walk home, Geroux. Please say yes!"

"Belle, it's not a good idea," began Geroux, "The forest —"

""Is not safe, it's dangerous," - yes, yes, I have heard it all before. But Geroux - a moonlit stroll home - so romantic!" I interrupted. He looked up at the moon, then down to the ground, contemplating this idea.

"Tonight is our night. It's perfect. Nothing will go wrong," I said. "The worst of the evening is over."

With a heavy sigh, Geroux walked over to our coach. He spoke briefly to the driver and with a quick flourish of the reigns, the horses set off without us aboard.

Geroux came over, took my hand and led me into the forest.

* * *

"Is there something on your mind, Belle?" he asked, as if there was a simple answer. There were a thousand-and-one things swirling around my head.

"What were you drinking earlier... at the house?" I asked, hoping for some clarity. "I could not help but see. I do not mean to pry, it's just that, I know how Papa was with his drink and I wish to never go through that again, —"

"— It was not alcohol," confirmed Geroux.

"Then what was it?" I asked.

Sighing, Geroux looked over to me, "It was medicine."

"Oh my, are you still sick? Have you been to a doctor recently?" Geroux did not seem ill at all, this I knew, but I could not help but think this was related to the secrets that Geroux had mentioned before.

"In a manner of speaking, I am unwell... sometimes," he began. "It's a preventative concoction that I need to take regularly, that keeps me being myself," he said nonchalantly as we walked along. "Unfortunately that was my last vial and the little apothecary that makes it is quite a journey away."

"How far away?" I wondered.

"Let's just say it's much further away than it is to find roses," he replied with a grim smile.

As we walked along in comfortable silence, I thought about it some more.

"You're still taking that special medicine? How serious is this? I wish you would have talked confided in me about this more - it's nothing to be ashamed of. Have I yet to earn your trust?" I wasn't being pointed, I was genuinely interested in why now he decided to tell me the truth and not earlier.

"It is not because I don't trust you," he said, "it's also not because I'm being deceitful, but rather the information I have withheld from you is quite difficult to explain."

"I fear that even a person with the most impassioned heart and intellectual mind would not be able to understand," he added. I contemplated that thought.

"If I were to explain, you would think me a crazed man," he continued, "Well, more crazed than your current perception of me."

"Please try, Geroux," I pleaded. "Please."

I let the words sit for a moment. The night was so beautiful I was almost instantly distracted until Geroux pulled me back to reality with his words.

"In order to explain, I first need to tell you about my late wife," he said tentatively.

I did not expect that.

"Go on, then," I said, encouragingly.

"When I met Josette, I knew there was something more to her. She was a smart, beautiful woman, but I could see there was something else at work within her. It was her eyes, they gave her away," Geroux looked up to the full moon.

"She was cursed. Of course, I did not know at the time, nor would I have been able to comprehend the enormity of such a thing, until I became cursed myself. You see, she thought we were meant to be together. That I was the one for her and she was the one for me. Now, although I had strong feelings for her, I knew in my heart that it was not true."

"She felt that you two were soul mates, but you did not?" I asked for clarification. Geroux nodded and continued.

"Josette knew that I did not feel deeply for her and realised there was one big factor separating her and I - the curse. She thought that if I were cursed too, I would see not only the world differently, but her too and then would be able to feel as connected to her as she felt to me."

"So... she cursed you?" I asked, feeling somewhere between intrigued and mortified.

"Yes, she did," said Geroux. "With my permission, of course. I so wanted to believe it to be true. That there was some cosmic, magical puzzle-piece that would suddenly fall into place and open my heart up to feel the love of my life."

I had a range of emotions swirling at all these revelations including, to my surprise, jealousy. But, I let Geroux continue talking uninterrupted.

"After the painful, almost deathly process that one must endure to become cursed - nothing changed. I mean, my body changed but my heart remained the same - she was not my true love."

"What happened then?" I asked.

"She fell to pieces. Josette felt guilty over turning me for no reason at all," Geroux began.

"Turning you?" I asked, but Geroux did not hear me.

"And she felt an unrelenting sadness, the depths of which I never wish to know," Geroux said, clearing a low hanging branch out of our way. "I told her that I loved her and would continue to love her, but it was futile. She said she could 'feel' my love and that it was no match for her love of me."

"She succumbed to the sadness..." said Geroux, letting the words hang in the night air. "But, in her death, she granted me a gift. I cannot say what the gift is, for I do not wish to jinx it."

I did not understand the relevance or significance of whatever the "gift" was that Geroux spoke of, nor did I wish for my mind to juggle another cryptic clue about his past life. Besides, I was not sure what to say.

"While there always will be a part of me that will love her with a warm reverence and respect, I can assure you that I have moved on," he said, almost pointedly.

"Geroux," I began, looking at the ground as I spoke, "if there is something you wish to say, please do say it."

Geroux took a deep breath.

"I wish I could take that night back, Belle. I wish I had not been consumed with rage and greed and used you as a bargaining chip. But if I had not acted so foolishly, our paths may never have crossed. And from the moment I met you on that godforsaken night, I finally understood exactly what Josette was talking about," he said, looking up at me, his eyes glowing in the night sky.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Geroux came close and took my hands in his.

"I have never felt for anyone the way I feel for you, Belle Desrosiers," he said, gazing into my eyes. "And I believe you may feel the same way."

He was not wrong.

"I find myself drawn to you in a way like I have been drawn to no other," I said. Since we were being honest about ourselves I felt it only right to speak my truth.

I turned to face Geroux.

"This may be very forward of me, but under the light of the moon, on this wondrous night, would you afford me the absolute pleasure of a kiss?" I asked with a hint of softness.

"Oh Belle, my most beautiful Belle, I have waited so long for this moment," he said, leaning in closely.

One arm moved around my waist, while the other made its way up my arm, cupping my shoulder. He closed his eyes, while I kept mine open. Our lips were merely an inch away from meeting...

When, all at once, Geroux stopped. His eyes opened wide, like a crazed animal. The mood changed instantly.

He sniffed the air, rapidly inhaling.

"Geroux? Geroux? What is it?" I asked, concerned. My entire body was covered in goosebumps.

For a moment he was very still, completely calm.

Then his head snapped to the left, as if he suddenly saw something - only nothing was there.

I could hear the distant sound of bushes rustling.

He turned to me and yelled with dire urgency.

"BELLE - RUN."

_____________

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote and comment ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 46 5
❝ we all live and we all die. so fucking what? ❞ It all started with a Diary. Six girls with secrets. A single diary with everyone's secret. No on...
692 125 49
Dear diary, Life isn't like the Disney fairy tales, with the lost slipper and hell of a cute prince charming. Life is bittersweet, cruel and hurtful...
22.6K 239 40
Cherry is in France with her parents and she meets a young woman named Belle and they become fast friends. However, one night is kind of different fo...
173K 7.7K 29
"He was a beast by all standards, a horrific sight to behold." The town of Vell knows fully well the monster that lurks within the halls of Rose...