The Man From U.N.C.L.E: The T...

By LyraFaith

"He stole more than her past life..." Napoleon Solo, Illya Kuryakin and Gaby Teller are back as undercover ag... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Last Night In Belarus
Chapter 2: Meeting With Saunders
Chapter 3: Mrs Solo
Chapter 4: A Letter To Mother
Chapter 5: The Morning Before Leaving
Chapter 6: The Train
Chapter 7: Midnight Train
Chapter 8: The City Of Moscow
Chapter 9: The Royal Russian Hotel
Chapter 10: Death Threats
Chapter 11: Russian Winter
Chapter 12: Knocked Out
Chapter 13: An Owed Explanation
Chapter 14: The Kosygin's
Chapter 16: Delaying The Mission
Chapter 17: The Kuryakin House
Chapter 18: Apology
Chapter 19: That Night
Chapter 20: An Urgent Call
Chapter 21: A Fire Lead To A Kidnap
Chapter 22: Interrogating Lyudmila
Chapter 23: Sergei Salnekov
Chapter 24: A Friendly Visit
Chapter 25: More Information Needed
Chapter 26: Lyudmila's Phone Call
Chapter 27: The Moscow Kremlin
Chapter 28: Mr and Mrs Solo
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Bar Talk
Chapter 31: Man To Man
Chapter 32: Going Solo
Chapter 33: The Note
Chapter 34: Public Execution
Chapter 35: The Gunshot
Chapter 36: Saving Kosygin
Chapter 37: The Kosygin's Saved
Chapter 38: An Hour Before
Chapter 39: Reunited
Chapter 40: Terrorism
Chapter 41: U.N.C.L.E. Redeemed
Chapter 42: Needed In The States
END OF BOOK

Chapter 15: The Motives

454 16 0
By LyraFaith

MOTIVE ONE

"My father is a politician," Lyudmila started. "We often go to rallies in towns to spread our politics to the people of Russia. The most obvious motive is that they don't agree with my father's politics or have a problem with the way the country is being run, so they are targeting him."

"Sounds like a strong enough motive," Gaby agreed, nodding along to all of Lyudmila's words. "Are you suggesting this could be one particular person or group you know?"

"No. Not everyone's going to agree with what I say, obviously. This could be any one of these people." Kosygin replied.

Illya raised an eyebrow. "This could be multiple different people sending letters just to scare you."

Lyudmila's eyes widened. "Do you mean this could be people who don't know each other sending letters to us?"

"Maybe." Illya replied.

"The handwritings the same though." Solo laid the letters out. "It's very particular. I analysed it closely yesterday, and it's nearly impossible for different people to have the same exact handwriting."

MOTIVE TWO

"There are a lot of people who would kill for my position." Kosygin shivered when he thought about it. "I'm the chairman, meaning I control the rest of the council. I know a lot of people who could want to take my place."

"Interesting," Solo rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "That's not an uncommon motive for assassinating a politician."

"It would have to be someone who's able to get away with it." Illya added. "Someone rich who knows a lot of people."

"You're describing most of my colleagues, Agent Kuryakin, unfortunately." Kosygin sighed. "You'd have to interview everyone."

MOTIVE THREE

"A rebel group."

Illya sighed. "We're used to those."

"There are many in this country: especially in Moscow." Lyudmila added. "They're more dangerous and fearless than other rebel groups, Mr Solo."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rebel group." Kosygin agreed with his daughter.

Gaby stopped scribbling down the motives and turned to them. "Have you ever thought it could be a couple of these motives into one?"

"Maybe," Lyudmila thought about it. "Of course it could be."

Solo got up from the table. "It was nice meeting you, Mr Kosygin and Miss Lyudmila." He shook both of their hands, as did Gaby and Illya. "We'll leave you if that's OK. We have a few things to think about and we have new motives to analyse."

The U.N.C.L.E. group hastily left the house. Solo turned to them both. "We need to set up a plan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 1.5K 37
"There is no such thing as a traitor. Just an undercover agent." We join the team of U.N.C.L.E. as they carry out their newest mission in Istanbul. N...
1K 21 11
"Mother, I am back." "Sano Manjiro...you're that fucker's son too?" It was all just unfortunate, perhaps their bad luck, but it is finally time to pu...
71.4K 3K 66
๊งโ€ขโŠนูญ๐™ฐ ๐™ฑ๐šž๐š—๐š๐š˜ ๐š‚๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐šข ๐™ณ๐š˜๐š๐šœ ๐™ต๐šข๐š˜๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐™ณ๐š˜๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šœ๐š”๐šข ๐™ต๐š’๐šŒูญโŠนโ€ข๊ง‚ "I think you're so busy worrying about how you've escaped your met...
2M 81.5K 79
Galina Ivanov was now truly without any family. Her grandmother, Zoya Erin, had just passed away and when Galina received a registered letter summon...