The Shadows in Our Hearts (Ro...

By OftenLostInMyHead

Y/N Eucliffe is a powerful member of Fairy Tail. When she is told that she is participating in the Grand Magi... More

Dedication
I: Announcement of the Games
II: Crocus
III: The Battle when you Whup Bacchus' Butt
IV: Long Lost Siblings
V: Swimming at Sabertooth
VI: The Next Nightmare
A/N (sorry)
VII: Well This Was Unexpected
VIII: Um, This Is Awkward
IX: The Wedding
Another Stupid Author's Note
X: Oh, That Clever Boy
XI: Water Wyvern Wonderland
XII: Coffee and... Well, Mostly Just Coffee
XIII: Sulking
XIV: Sweet Dreams
XVI: New Year
Saddest Author's Note
XVII: Wow, Some Hangover

XV: Christmas!!!

2.3K 78 42
By OftenLostInMyHead

You wake up early, and run over to your window to see a light snow falling outside. It's finally snowing on Christmas! You smile, feeling like a child again for just a moment. Everything suddenly seems so magical. You scoop Desert into your arms, and she snuggles into them tiredly. You rub her head gently as she dozes in your hold.

Just as you try to decide what to make for breakfast, a knock comes from the door. You answer it cheerily. Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Happy all stand outside.

"Happy Christmas!" a chorus of voices greets as you wave your friends inside. You grin.

"Hey guys! Come in, come in, I was just going to make breakfast," you say, and they all pile into your house. You throw some oatmeal on the stove (you make sure it's enough to feed your crazy friends) and join them by the couch. They all have gifts for each other and you, and you giggle at their excitement. You grab their gifts from under your bed.

"Are we going to have breakfast first, or are we going to open gifts?" Lucy asks. Natsu and Happy vote to open presents first, but everyone else wants breakfast. You stir the oatmeal as it finishes cooking. You evenly put scoops of it into bowls for each of your friends, Desert and yourself. You bring the food over to where everyone is sitting, and they thank you. You turn on some holiday music to listen to as you eat breakfast together.

"How did I ever get such crazy, amazing friends?" you think to yourself, giggling as they argue over who has the best tasting oatmeal. You shake your head, taking another bite.

"We're going to the Magnolia Christmas parade later, right?" Gray asks. You nod.

"I was planning on it," you reply, and the others agree.

"We should go sledding!" Natsu exclaims suddenly, and you laugh.

"Definitely," you agree, and Lucy groans while the others cheer happily.

When you all finish your breakfast, you exchange gifts and open them eagerly. You get an enchanted sword from Erza (you'll probably never use it), a new skirt from Lucy, ice skates from Gray, a rock from Natsu (okay...?), a fish from Happy (what else were you expecting?), and a warm scarf from Desert. You love the gifts you got, and you're glad that your friends like the things you got them. You check the time.

"We better get going if we want to get good spots for the parade," you inform your friends, and you throw on your coat and boots, as well as a hat and gloves (it's pretty chilly out).

"But we're all still in our pajamas!" Lucy complains and you giggle.

"Exactly!" you cheer, and Erza and Natsu agree. Gray doesn't say anything (why should he care, he's always in his boxers anyway), but he laughs. Your friends slip on their coats, and you all head out to the Main Street.

     As you walk outside, you feel like a snow princess as glittering snowflakes cling to your eyelashes and gently kiss your cheeks and nose. You twirl in the snow, laughing happily.

     Arriving at the Main Street, your group wrestles its way near the street as the Christmas parade begins. You enjoy the festivities, and laugh at funny floats, oohing and aahing over the ones you think are the best. Glittering fairy lights line the crowded streets. People's misty breath rises into the air, lost into the snowy clouds. The parade ends with a display of fireworks, and everyone cheers.

     "This is one of the best Christmas parades we've had," Erza yells over the cheering crowd, and your other friends agree.

     You guys quickly leave, heading to a hill perfect for sledding right on the edge of Magnolia. You drag a few sleds over from the guild hall, and begin your afternoon of sledding.

     It starts out as casual sledding, of course: going over jumps, trying to get downhill the fastest, trying to go the farthest. Of course, with your friends, it escalates quickly. Soon, you're all attempting to "surf" on the sleds and knock each other off. It can't get much worse, right? You're wrong. All hell breaks loose when magic gets involved.

Let's just say that after some explosions and a few magical outbursts, that sledding hill on the outskirts of Magnolia wasn't much more than a pile of icy ash.

Walking back to your flat, you laugh with your friends.

"It was mostly Natsu's fault, he was the one who went all out with the flames," Gray accuses.

"Well, I wasn't the one who decided to freeze the hill to make it more slippery," Natsu retorts, tucking his arms behind his head. Happy and Desert fly overhead, swooping down to you every once in a while. Lucy drags her feet, a sweat-drop on her forehead.

"That was not as fun as I was hoping," she mutters. You fist-bump Erza and laugh as Natsu and Gray argue while Lucy tries to tear them apart.

When you get to your flat, you thank your friends for spending the day with you, and they all hug you before leaving. You go inside with Desert in your arms again, and take off your snow clothes so you're in your pajamas again. You make yourself some hot chocolate and snuggle into your couch with a book.

     After reading for a while, a knock comes from the door. You look up; who could be knocking at this hour? It was extremely late, and all of your friends were probably at the guild party (you never liked it, there was too much alcohol involved for your taste). You shove yourself out of your sofa crease and open the door. Rogue stands outside in the snow.

     "Oh, um, hey!" you greet, letting him inside. He grins at you.

     "Hi. I can't stay long, sorry, but I wanted to bring you this," he explains, and hands you a box wrapped in decorative paper with a bow.

"Oh, thank you!" you exclaim. You feel kind of bad because you didn't get him a present, but then again, he ruined your first date. You unwrap it and open the box; inside is a small music box, intricately carved with little gems inlaid in the trimming. You gasp.

"It's gorgeous," you breathe, carefully taking it out of the box. You wind the small gold key on the side and open the box. Inside is a bunch of little fairy figures that light up and flit around. A pretty slow song plays. Rogue takes it and sets it on the counter, grabbing your hands and moving closer. With a smirk, he spins you around and the two of you dance for a moment to the music coming from the box. Even though you still feel slightly angry at him, you close your eyes and smile, enjoying the moment. The music ends and you giggle for a moment before he begins to head for the door. You follow him and he wishes you a Merry Christmas before he leaves. You watch him walk down the stairs to the road.

"Rogue!" you call after him, running down the snowy steps in your bare feet and pajamas. He turns and you tackle-hug him into the snow. Surprised, he falls to the ground with you on top of him, but he laughs and wraps you in his arms.

"Happy Christmas to you too," you respond quietly. Your cheeks are pink from the cold and the clouds from your breath mingle with Rogue's in the air. You stare into his eyes, and he looks back at you. Your eyes flutter and the falling snow dances on your lashes.

Suddenly, you stand and offer him a hand, helping him off the snow-covered street.

"Thank you again," you say graciously, and he smiles at you before turning and leaving quickly. You watch him go, fading into the shadows of the fairy lights lining the road. With a small smile, you head back inside. You cuddle up on the couch once more, and wind up your new music box, letting the tune play. You gather a sleeping Desert in your arms and lay back, closing your eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Desert," you sigh peacefully, letting the music lull you to sleep.

~~~~~

Happy Christmas! I wrote this at 4 in the morning because I couldn't sleep, and because you all deserve a wonderful Christmas present in the form of another update! <3 I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas (sorry if you don't celebrate it, have a wonderful whatever-you-celebrate)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 100 15
Anna Lyn, was a terrifying shadow, who plagued many villages, and towns, and stole many lives. Her reason? Being possessed by a demon who took contro...
3.4K 104 42
(Y/n) wakes up one day not being able to remember anything. When she was at her supposed home something didn't seem right, so she left. While trying...
367K 10.3K 60
The seven-year gap changed everything. Fairy Tail is mocked by the townspeople, Guilds now fight for power titles, And an innocent little fairy that...
17.3K 196 39
Akira Suishou Mizuno has been taken back by her former dark guild, Dark Star. Everyone is devastated by the loss of their little sister, and friend...