Gaining Control || Isaac Lahey

By makenziedevereaux

"It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you. If you allow it." Hayley St... More

*Disclaimer*
Living in the Dark - Chapter One
Mind Games - Chapter Two
New Found Confidence - Chapter Three
Pranking 101 - Chapter Four
The Text - Chapter Five
Unbelievable - Chapter Six
Being Rejected - Chapter Seven
Left For Dead - Chapter Eight
False Reality - Chapter Nine
Voices - Chapter Ten
The Wolves - Chapter Eleven
Fighting Distractions - Chapter Twelve
Figuring it out - Chapter Thirteen
Lie To Me - Chapter Fourteen
In Your Head - Chapter Sixteen
Until I Break - Chapter Seventeen
The Missing Banshee - Chapter Eighteen
Game Changer - Chapter Nineteen
Heal - Chapter Twenty
The Connection - Chapter Twenty-One
Wolf Den - Chapter Twenty-Two
In Your Arms - Chapter Twenty - Three
Moment Alone - Chapter Twenty - Four
No Connection - Chapter Twenty - Five
The Menticus - Chapter Twenty - Six
Her Scream - Chapter Twenty - Seven
Back To Normal - Chapter Twenty - Eight
Dead Wolves - Chapter Twenty - Nine
Back Home - Chapter Thirty
Party, Party - Chapter Thirty - One
Sacrifice - Chapter Thirty - Two
Helping The Enemy - Chapter Thirty- Three
Free Periods - Chapter Thirty - Four
Taking A Break - Chapter Thirty- Five
Vacation - Thirty - Six
Mistakes and Pancakes - Chapter Thirty - Seven
Long Talks- Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chaos - Chapter Thirty - Nine
The Final Goodbye - Chapter Forty
Authors Note
Epilogue

Power Overdose - Chapter Fifteen

1.6K 50 5
By makenziedevereaux

---
---
I anxiously stood next to Derek as I watched my friends slowly turn into werewolves without having any control. Their eyes were all glowing yellow and they all stared at Derek and I with kill  being the only thing lingering in their eyes. I felt myself gulp as I saw Boyd and Erica viciously growl and yank at their chains trying to escape, "Derek, what are we going to do if they escape?" I asked him

"Haven't really thought that through." He honestly replied and I shook my head with fear.

"Great..." I drifted off and looked at Isaac who looked as if he is having a mental battle with himself.

All of sudden Erica's headlock snapped and her and Boyd were soon free. I let out a scream and hid behind Derek, who extended his claws and began to fight them. I turned around and saw Isaac growling at me. I was petrified about if I was even going to make it out alive tonight.

Erica pounced at Derek and was thrown away by him. He didn't have time to recover because Boyd lashed out at him. I walked backwards as I saw Erica begin to focus on me instead. I was the weakling in the pack and she could probably smell the fear radiating off me anyway.

I stood there like a deer in headlights as she jumped over the seats and stood in front of me. She growled at me and I hesitantly looked over at Derek who was occupied with an angry Boyd. I threw a punch at her that hit her right in the jaw.

I shook my hand in pain, and the look of anger that appeared on her face made me regret punching her. Her claws swung at me and I quickly ducked and jumped over a pair of seats, trying to distance myself from her.

There was no escape for me. I crouched down and closed my eyes waiting for the impact of Erica's rage to hit me, but it never came. Instead I heard her growling at something else.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Isaac's figure standing in front of me. He threw her outside the sub. I stayed crouched down in the corner as he turned around to face me. He looked at me and I knew I was about to die. He would be much so much stronger than Erica.

He looked at me and I saw him nod his head at me before racing out to deal with Erica. He controlled it, but how? Derek seemed to be battling down the other end of the sub. Suddenly, an idea popped into my brain. Maybe I could control their minds to give them control over their werewolf rage.

It was a risk, but I had to try. Walking out to where Isaac was fighting Erica I yelled out. "Isaac try and hold her back so I can try and give her control!" 

He turned around and nodded at me before he grabbed Erica and pinned her up against a wall. I rushed over and took a deep breath.  Looking into her eyes  I tried to connect myself to her, but for some reason it wasn't working.

"It's not working!" I angrily stated and felt my stomach drop.

"You can do it okay, I know you can." Isaac encouraged me. I shrugged back my shoulders and focused on what Isaac had said to me, he believes in me maybe I just need to believe in myself.

I suddenly connected to Erica, "Erica, gain control. You are trying to kill everyone. This isn't you okay! Focus on my voice and gain control." I calmly instructed her.

I slowly watched as she stopped trying to struggle out of Isaac's grip. Isaac slowly released her as the glow in her eyes faded away, "Thanks," she said and smiled.

I heard Derek yell out in pain and we all rushed inside to see Boyd about to rip Derek's throat out. Isaac ran over and hoisted Boyd out of the way. Erica then took action and grabbed Derek before she moved him out of the way.

"I have him for now. Quick Hayley do your thing again." Isaac panted. As I went to walk over my head started to swirl with dizziness. I shrugged it off and tried to focus on Boyd. I felt the connection to his mind and commanded him to gain control. It took a little longer than Erica, but eventually he took control. 

"Good job Hayley, you really saved us." Derek praised me and groaned in pain a bit. He was almost healed but some of Boyd's damage still remained on his body.

We exited the sub and stood in the station. "Hayley are you okay?" Isaac asked me and put a hand on my shoulder. I could feel the colour draining from my face. My head was pounding, and I felt completely and utterly drained. I shook my head at Isaac and I felt my body go limp before I collapsed on the ground.

---
---

My eyes bolted open and I woke up in the comfort of my own bed. "You're awake," Erica chirped as she sat down on my bed.

I sat up and rubbed my tired eyes, "What happened?" I asked her.

"After you helped Boyd and I, you just collapsed. So why don't you tell me what happened?" She giggled.

I combed my hair with my fingers and began to explain to her that I overused my powers and completely drained myself. "That makes sense, you need to be careful okay? We were all worried about you." She smiled.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I got out of my bed and walked into the kitchen with Erica following me.

"The guys are out helping Scott. The Mental Wolves were going hostile, killing everything in sight again." She sighed. I looked out the window and saw the moon slowly going down. I didn't sleep for that long.

"Okay," I tiredly replied and stared out the window.

"Since we are alone and no boys are here I am desperate to ask you something. What is going on with you and Isaac?" She asked with a raised brow.

I walked out of my room towards the couch in the living room, before I sat down on it. Erica was stilling staring at me waiting for a reply, "What are you even talking about?" I questioned her.

"Oh come on clearly something is happening between the two of you."

I rolled my eyes, "There is nothing going on."

"Bullshit, You should've seen Isaac. He didn't want to leave you after you collapsed, he was the most worried out of all of us. That to me means something."

"He was?" I asked her and pulled my knees to my chest on the couch.

"Yeah, so please inform me what's going on? Do you two like each other?"

My eyes bolted open, "You are crazy, there is nothing going on between us."

"You're heartbeat sped up, you're lying." She stated quickly sitting down beside me. Damn those werewolves and their super hearing.

"First of all, I don't know what I feel for Isaac. I know he doesn't like me he just thinks of me as a member of the pack." I confessed and looked at my knees, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

I heard her scoff, "So you do kind of like him?"

"Maybe," I said and looked at Erica, "okay fine, I like him okay!" I admitted and stood up running my fingers through my hair. I then realised what I said. I finally admitted to Erica that I liked Isaac, but I also just admitted to myself that I liked him as well.

"Okay, tell me everything." She giggled and I sat back down next to her on the couch and began to explain to her from him worrying about me, to him taking away my pain. I even told her about the night he comforted me and then lied to my face. "Why would he lie to you?" She questioned me.

I shook my head, "I'm just as confused as you are, it makes no sense."

"Unless he is trying to hide the fact he is starting to get feelings for you." She smugly grinned.

"That is definitely not it," I watched Erica's ears perk up. "What is it?"

"They just got back and they are getting out the car now." She informed me. I nodded and walked over to the kitchen to get an apple. It amazed me how well she can hear things.

The three of them walked in and I looked over. Isaac and I made eye contact immediately, before he quickly came over to me. "How are you feeling?" He quizzed me and put his hands on my shoulders.

I smiled at him, "I'm fine, I just had a power overdose." I looked over at Erica who was smirking at me. I already knew what she was thinking without having to read her mind.

My head suddenly began to pound, and I knew what this familiar feeling meant, "I'm about to get a vision!" I yelled out to them all and clutched my head. With my visions came pain sometimes.

I saw myself standing in the animal clinic with a few others who I couldn't quite make out. I heard a girls voice say, "Mentis imperium," that was all I saw before I zoned back into reality and saw Isaac looking worriedly at me.

"What happened?" Derek asked and folded his arms.

I shook my head, "I was in the animal clinic and heard someone say a random phrase," I tried to explain. I've heard that phrase before somewhere, I think it was actually in my book. My thoughts were soon interrupted when the sound of my phone rang.

It was Scott, he told me the Mental wolves were outside Stiles house and we needed to get there ASAP. "It's the wolves they are at Stiles house, we have to go." I informed them and we were out the door within minutes.

Something about my abilities didn't make sense. Why would it show me someone saying a stupid random phrase, instead of something actually important, like the Mental Wolves at Stiles' house.

---
---
We pulled up and I saw two Mental Wolves. I didn't know if I would be much help, I was still pretty much drained from the full moon scenario. We piled out and rushed to Scott's aid. Scott was attacking one of them. I looked over at Stiles who seemed to have been in shock. He wasn't moving as a wolf approached him.

"Dad?" He mumbled and I saw his eyes fill with shock and fear. The wolf growled and was about to claw at him. "STILES!" I sprinted over to him and pushed him out of the way. His body fell to the ground with me covering him. Isaac and Derek began to fight him.

Scott had called us and said we needed to capture one of them if we were going to have any idea on how to cure them. I watched a Mental Wolf soon run off in fear and Derek and Isaac transformed back into their human selves. I looked over at the other wolf and realised Stiles Dad had been the wolf to run off.

I let out a sigh hoping he wouldn't of as we might've been able to heal him. I focused back on Scott who was dodging the reckless swings of the wolf, but he wasn't fighting back. "Scott, what are you doing?" I yelled out to him.

"I don't want to hurt him, we have to capture at least one of them." He replied as he ducked.

I looked around trying to think of a way we could capture him, I looked over at Allison who was aiming her bow at the wolf. "We need to weaken it somehow?" I called out to him.

"You all need to sink your claws into the wolf, then let Allison shoot it's legs that will weaken him for a while." Stiles blurted out as he walked over to me, hurt still written all over his face.

"If he is injured he won't be able to heal until the arrows are removed." Derek added and gave Stiles a proud nod.

I looked back over at Stiles, "Good thinking,"

"Can we do it now, he is getting pretty pissed off!" Scott panted at us. All of the werewolves extended their claws and ran over, before sinking their claws into the Mental Wolf. "Now Allison," Derek commanded, and Allison perfectly shot two arrows in each leg of the Wolf.

It let out a cry of pain and fell to the ground, we had weakened it, and now hopefully there will be a way to cure it.

---

---

I stood in the animal clinic as I intently watched Deaton study the Mental wolf. It was currently laying on the ground, and Derek, Scott, Isaac, Erica and Boyd were all sitting down beside the Mental Wolf , with their claws still stuck inside him.

"So, is there something we can do?" Scott asked as he looked up at his boss.

Deaton put his hand on his chin, "I'm not quite sure," He replied and continued studying the creature.

Stiles was standing beside me, looking at the wolf. All I could see in his eyes was hurt. He was in pain after seeing his Dad, it was slowly eating away at me how bad I felt for him. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it in reassurance. He turned to me and gave me a weak smile.

"You can all release the wolf, it won't be leaving anytime soon, these creatures don't heal as fast as normal werewolves." All of them carefully released their hold on the wolf and stood back from it.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this but, there is nothing we can do to fix these beings. Our only option is to kill them before they kill everyone."

My eyes bolted opened, "NO, there has to be something we can do!" Stiles snapped.

"I can't lose my Dad too," I heard him think. I gulped after hearing his thought.

Deaton shook his head, "There isn't anything we can do Stiles, these Mental Wolves are still going to cause destruction with whatever enters their path. It is putting peoples lives at risk." He informed Stiles and folded his arms.

Everyone in the room was silent, and filled with utter disappointed.

It then hit me, and I felt my head snap up.

Before we left the loft I grabbed my book Deaton gave me, to check something I thought I had read before in hopes to help cure the wolves. "Actually, there is something we can do to heal them." I stated.

Many heads jolted towards me, Deaton's eyes widened clearly knowing what I was talking about, "No, it is too risky Hayley." He sternly replied.

"Wait, what is it?" Erica curiously wondered, as her eyes locked with mine. Everyone's eyes were trained on me, waiting for my response.

I took a deep breath before saying, "I'm going to go inside his head..."

---

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 115 10
You've heard of Alex's sister and Alex's past, but what if Alex had taken Amber with him to Seattle? Starts from A Hard Day's Night to the end. Sim...
624K 15.9K 33
κ’° 🏹 κ’±Ψ˜ ࿐ ΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ dr. spencer reid attempts to do everything in his power to distance himself from the new...
256K 7.8K 45
** COMPLETED ** Ivory Lahey was bitten in sophomore year along side her brother, except she isn't exactly the same as him. But when he stayed in Fran...