My Mafia Husband {ManxBoy} [C...

By lostboys_lostgirls

HIGHEST RANK: #3 IN ROMANCE 18 year old, Liam Spencer's life changes drastically when a sexy, mysterious man... More

My Mafia Husband
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Covers
Valentines Day Special
Marco and Ortiz Story

Chapter 24

84.6K 3.2K 434
By lostboys_lostgirls

Song is If I Get High by Nothing By Thieves. I don't think it goes with the chapter, I just really like the song :)

Like always, sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

L I A M

Enzo had been gone for three days and would be on his way home the next. I kind of, no, really, missed him, though I acted like I didn't.

Osvaldo came over everyday at the same time, in between breakfast and lunch, requesting I play the piano before lunch, which I did. And every day at the dinning room table, he would tell me a story about his late wife or Enzo and Niccolo. I enjoyed those stories a lot.

But on the third day, we had just finished lunch and Osvaldo was in the middle of his story when Marco and Ortiz rushed into the room.

"Mr. Di Mercurio, you and Liam need to get into the safe room. There is someone on the property, he is seen as a threat. Take this with you just in case." Ortiz said, handing Osvaldo a hand gun which he pulled from his waistband.

Osvaldo nodded and walked me to the safe room, but not before I gathered Oliver, Callie and the kittens.

Once we got settled down in the safe room Osvaldo continued his story, as if our lives weren't endanger.

He noticed my discomfort stopped, "Liam, you will be safe in here, so listen to the rest of the story." He said. I knew he was trying to get my mind off of the fact that someone was trying to kill me and get their ten million dollars, but I didn't truly feel safe unless Enzo was with me.

I sighed and ran my hand down Oliver's back. Callie was curled up with Osvaldo and he finished his story. Simba batted at the string of my hoodie and Minx and Luna played with each other and Bella was curled up sleeping in Osvaldo's lap.

After he finished his story his phone went off. He pulled it out and answered.

"...Calm down, he's fine." Osvaldo said, I was assuming it was Enzo on the phone, "Would you like to talk to Enzo?" He asked after a few short words with his son.

I nodded, "Yes, please." and he handed me the phone and I placed it to my ear, "Liam?" His voice was soft and calming.

"Please tell me your coming home early." I said lightly, trying not to sound scared.

"I'm afraid not love, there's a few more things that have to be done before your safe. I'll be home as soon as I can, my father, Ortiz and Marco won't let anything happen to you. Trust them like you trust me." He was asking for the impossible.

"But-" I was cut off by faint popping sounds that I could hear just outside the walls.

I looked over at Osvaldo and he held a finger to his lips.

"I've got to go." I whispered.

"Call me as soon as you can." He said and I hung up.

I hushed Oliver who was growling deeply at the unidentified sound.

We waited, staying painfully quiet.

I jumped at the loud banging on the door.

"It's Ortiz." He said through the thick door.

Osvaldo waited to open the door until Ortiz said, "The threat had been neutralized. Liam is safe." I realized then that it was their pass code, to make sure there was no threat on the other side of the door with Ortiz. But Osvaldo kept his gun raised as he opened the door.

Once we saw it was just a beaten Ortiz and Marco he lowered his gun.

"Who was it?" Osvaldo asked.

"Someone coming to kill Liam and take the ten million." Marco answered bluntly.

"Is it clear?" He asked.

"Yes," Ortiz answered this time, "This should be the last time you are in danger, if all goes well where ever Enzo is."

"Thank you." I smiled and we walked to the living room where the maids were cleaning up what I was assuming was blood, from the carpet.

I asked to see Osvaldo's phone when we settled down in the couch. I dialed Enzo's number and he answered on the first ring.

"Is this Liam?" He asked.

"Yes."

There was a sigh on the other end, "I take it you're safe now?"

"For now, I guess."

I heard a faint yell from the other line, "Enzo!"

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Everything's fine, love. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and hung up. It left me a little uneasy but I knew Enzo could take care of himself.

Osvaldo and I didn't talk much the rest of the time he was over, I decided to take a nap and he read.

When I woke up from my nap Osvaldo had gone and it was past midnight so I decided to move to the bedroom instead of sleeping on the couch. Oliver tiredly followed me up the stairs and jumped on the bed with me.

I went to sleep with Enzo on my mind, I was ready for him to come home.

* * *

I decided I wanted to surprise Enzo at the air strip, where he would be arriving later that day. Osvaldo agreed to go with me.

So the whole day I waited impatiently until we could finally leave.

Finally Osvaldo, a few guards and I piled into a car.

Once we got there the grauds got out and scanned the area before I could get out.

When the jet landed it took a minute for the doors to open. Enzo's men out out first, checking the area, then Enzo walked down the stairs. He scanned the lot and his eyes widened slightly at the sight of me. And I had to tame the smile that threatened to split my face.

I never knew how much I would miss him until he was gone, as cliche as it sounds, it's true. It didn't help that someone tried to kill me while he was away.

I began walking towards him and but I wasn't getting there fast enough so I began running until my arms were wrapped around him and his arms were around me. I finally felt safe.

"If I would have known you'd miss me this much I would have done this before." He chuckled.

"So I'm safe now? No one is going to come out of the woods and shoot me?" I asked, trying to make light of the situation.

He smiled and pulled away to give me the sweetest kiss ever, "You're safe from immediate danger, but you're never safe in my line of work."

The answer was good enough for me, for now. No one was targeting me, instead the target was back on Enzo.

"Let's go home, Liam." He said and we walked back to the car Osvaldo and I arrived in.

He gave his father a hug, "Thank you for protecting him."

"You're welcome, but I must go now. I'm sure I will be back with Niccolo soon." He said and got into the car, his driver taking him home.

Enzo and I got in one if the other cars brought to take home everyone.

"How did you do it?" I asked on our way home, "What did you have to do to cancel the bounty?"

"A few people had to die and others persuaded. All you need to know is that you're safe now." He pulled me into him.

I smiled slightly. When we got home Enzo was tired and so was I so we went straight to bed after checking on the animals.

As we laid in the bed, arms around each other as if the other would disappear.

"Enzo?" I asked.

"Hmm?" He hummed his response, too tired to use words.

"I... I just wanted to say... that I love you." I whispered.

He was still and quiet for a few seconds before his arms wrapped tighter around me and he kissed my forehead, smiling, "I love you, too."

I felt myself smile and get comfortable in Enzo's arm.

Being with him, in his arms felt so right and so safe. It's hard to believe I was forced into this and hated Enzo in the beginning. But now I love him. I guess a handful of life threatening situations does that to people, brings them closer together.

Sorry it's short.

I don't really like this chapter, I might rewrite it in Enzo's point of view. But I don't know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713K 32.7K 35
Book 1 of The Secret Series Kacper had been counting since he was a ten year old boy. Subtracting years, months and now the countdown was almost over...
2M 50.7K 48
•BL• RATED 18• THAT MAN TRILOGY 1• ─────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦ "He's a possessive man that doesn't like sharing anything or anyone that he owns...
62.3K 2.1K 7
Xaviar Salvatore, a typical unlikeable self-loathing mafia boss who was used to always having his way, finally met his match when a small business ow...
1.3K 41 11
24 year old Joshua Moore had an amazing childhood where he meets his best friend Luciano. Luciano is an Italian son of a Mafia boss who is now the th...