Impossible love- a harry styl...

By Joharrisx

Molly Boulton is a normal girl, living in Cheshire, England. Her life is as normal as anyone else's. That is... More

Chapter 1- mr styles
Chapter 2- private tutoring
Chapter 3- dreaming
Chapter 4- hiding
Chapter 5- reality
Chapter 6- not so secret admirers
Chapter 7- breaking
Chapter 8- more than friends
Chapter 9- goodnight kisses
Chapter 10- grandmas house
Chapter 11- harry and freddie
Chapter 12- christmas day
Chapter 13- boxing day
Chapter 14- regretting
Chapter 15- waking up
Chapter 16- niall's escape
Chapter 17- harry and molly
Chapter 18- free again!
Chapter 19- back to school
Chapter 20- love potion
Chapter 22- love songs
Chapter 23- harry or finn?
Chapter 24- its not the potion...
Chapter 25- harry's songs
Chapter 26- visions
Chapter 27- going into town
Chapter 28- finn's question
Chapter 29- days before the disco
Chapter 30- does he know?
Chapter 31- the disco
Chpter 32- running away
Chapter 33- harry picks us up
Chapter 34- dan
Chapter 35- silence
Chapter 36- finding harry
Chapter 37- harry finds out
Chapter 38- the party
Chapter 39- the bridge
Chapter 40- the river
Chapter 41- back in time
Chapter 42- saving harry

Chapter 21- the truth

139 3 2
By Joharrisx

Finn's POV

I walk out of the room and sit onto the couch. I hop my brother doesn't find out about this because I know that he'll never stop worrying. My brother gets so scared whenever Anything happens. It's probably because he was the most affected when mum died...

"Finn are you okay?!" haz asks, concerned. As If he doesn't have enough to deal with? I still feel sorry for Molly though, who is starting to dart through my mind. I'm beginning to think that this potion really does work and I'm not just kidding myself.

"Molly... Have you got any more? I haven't used it all have I?" I ask, seeing molly's face. My face goes bright red. I try to hide it but it comes through all the same... Even though I can't see it, I know it's there because I can feel it.

"it's okay, Finn" she says to me and I manage a smile. "I have loads more... And even if I didn't, it wouldn't matter, as long as you're okay. It probably won't work anyway" I give her a sad, small smile. I know that it's already working and I have to tell her that. I need to do it soon as well, before it takes full affect and I don't remember taking anything.

Molly walks off back to her room, but Harry stays at my side all the time. I knew he'd be like this if he found out, thats why I didn't want him to worry. He stays with me all night. He says he'll stay up the whole time but, after a while, I hear him snoring. I end up falling to sleep too, quite unwillingly, as I want to stay awake incase something weird happens during the night.

...

"Molly?" I shout the only name I can remember. My mind has completely cleared everything that has ever happened apart form molly's face. I shout again. Remembering what happened just moments ago. Molly had died. Why am I even screaming for her If she's dead?! I think I'm just coming to terms with the fact that she passed away on the floor just a few minutes ago.

"Finn? Are you alright?!" I think I must be dreaming. I block my ears, hoping to get away from the sound of Molly. It must be a ghost... She can't possibly be real...

"you! You died! You're not here, Molly. I'm dreaming!" I call out into the dark. I cant see anything because it's so dark, which

Is why I must be dreaming. The voice seems so realistic though... I don't want to have the pain of listening to the deceased Molly... Who I think I actually loved... I hear some clashing in the other room and the sound of glass. Suddenly, I feel water splash onto my face and my memory begins to clear. I remember the potion and what I just thought in what must have been a very real and very bad dream. I gulp down the water and Molly turns the light on. I see her light hair flicked over her face. It's messy, but perfect as usual.

"Molly?" I ask her but she tells me to be quiet. However, I don't care if she wants me to talk or not. I'm telling her what I need to tell her. "no, Molly. I think... Well, maybe the potion works?" I gulp and she backs away, turning off the light. I don't see her for a few seconds but I hear the door shut and another light switch turn off. Oh no...

...

"Finn, are you still alive?" I hear my brother's voice over my head and my eyes flicker open. There is a shaft of light coming through the lines and right into my eyes. Haz hugs me. How could he think I was dead?! "come on, bro, let's get ready for school" bro? Why the hell did he call me that? I get up, anyhow, and walk slowly to the kitchen, realising I am still wearing my school uniform from yesterday. I must have fallen asleep in it. I sit down at the kitchen table, where Molly is waiting. I feel a surge of excitement go through my body. Oh yeah, I forgot, that potion is making me fancy Molly, a thing I didn't originally want to do. She looks at me, tiredly and I can tell it's because I woke her up.

"I couldn't get back to sleep" Molly whispers sort of angrilly in my ear and Harry bends over.

"what are you two whispering about?" my nosy brother asks and I scowl at him. It's none of his business anyway. He smiles, placing toast in front of us. Molly picks at it while I just stare at it. I'm really not hungry, to be honest. After what I told Molly last night, I'm sick to even think about it. Harry stares at me the whole time, his green eyes watching me eyeing the toast but not touching a single crumb.

"what's wrong? Why aren't any of you eating your breakfasts?" he asks, a frown on his face. He looks confused, looking out of the window and the back to us. He opens his mouth to speak but then closes it again, thinking it better not to say it. I look at Molly, who is sitting next to me, her light hair flopped over her shoulders. I think she's just brushed it. Her eyes sparkle in the most extraordinary way, I've just noticed. However bad, this potion has really made me realise how wonderful Molly is... And how unmistakably pretty. I look away, breaking from the gorgeous smile of my friend who, because of a love potion, I now fancy.

"Finn... Do you still..." Molly asks me as soon as Harry leaves the room to get his coat and books for the day. "mean what you said..." she finishes, looking around to make sure that Harry isn't lurking somewhere around us. She seems edgy and awkward around me, like I've done something wrong.

"yeah..." I admit, looking down to the ground. She looks up at me and I follow her gaze as she looks behind me and then at me, a sort of disappointed look on her face but still managing to smile at me.

"it's okay" she tells me, placing her hand on mine. My heart begins to race, sweat is already beginning to drip down my back and I can feel my head getting hotter. "it wasn't your fault... It's the potion" I remember taking the potion and I look down, removing my hand from hers. I don't really love Molly, it's just the potion... It'll be over in a few days and I'll think all this is stupid. I'll go back to looking at Molly just like she is any other person and not one I am helplessly in love with, because, right now, it is beginning to feel that way.

"I think I..." I begin but think it better to stop before saying anything I regret. Molly laughs, surprisingly. At a time like this, in the situation were in, the last thing you would expect someone to do was laugh. However, Molly is Molly, and Molly is unpredictable, as I have come to know from many experiences.

"shh, Finn! I bet you're so worked up form being around me... Does your heart start racing when I do this..." she looks at me, placing her hand on top of mine again. I start to heat up. "I can see..." she puts her hand on my forehead, feeling the dampness of my skin and looking at her hand. "just as I thought"

"can you please treat me normal still... Not like I'm weird..." I plead, not wanting this to ruin our friendship. She nods, smiling that unforgettable, beautiful smile of hers which lights up my day more than anything in the world right now. She walks out behind me, brushing me slightly as she tries to squeeze past. I follow her into the living room, and grab my rucksack from the sofa, slinging it on my back. She gets that massive, blue bag she carries in her arms and parades out of the door with it. I guess we'll have to walk today, as Harry has already seemed to have gone and molly's mum isn't back yet to take us.

"Finn?" Molly says as we walk across the road, Molly checking there are no cars coming before we go. "I know this is really awkward but... How much do you like me on a scale of 1-10?" she asks me and I feel myself blush slightly. I run my fingers through my hair as I think, knowing the answer but pretending to take a long time thinking about it.

"about a 5" I lie. I think she knows full well that I like her more than that and she wants to get me to prove it. I'm not doing anything though because I know that in a few days, I will feel so stupid that I will never be able to set foot anywhere were Molly is...

"really?" she looks at me, raising her eyebrows. I can see she's playing with me.

"okay, okay! 10 you got me... Whatever" I admit and I catch a small smile on molly's pink lips. She knew all along, she just wanted me to say it. "Molly" I say after a short pause. She nods her head, looking at me with inquisitive eyes. "do you think this potion will last long?" I ask. Molly stops for a moment, thinking about the question, I think.

"erm, Harry said this morning that, with the chemicals we used, it would last a maximum of about a week, if not sooner. He also said that it was very hard to make a love potion as it has only ever been done once by a pupil in this school and he'd be very impressed if I did it" she says, making me wonder.

"what are you trying to say?..." I ask her, peering at her. What exactly does she mean when she says that it probably won't work anyway.

"I was just suggesting that maybe it isn't the love potion... Maybe it just you..." she says. That thought has never actually crossed m mind since the moment I drank that juice. Maybe I am in love with Molly without realising that it was not the potion. It can't be though, the affects kicked in just after I drank It.

"I can't be... No..." I deny the idea. All this can't be true... I don't really fancy Molly. If I did, I would have noticed before. I can't help but notice the little flash of sadness in molly's eyes when I tell her. However, I don't know why she'd be sad because there's got to be guys out there that are hotter and more interesting than I am. Why would she even be bothered what I think?

"well... Let me ask you some questions to see how much you fancy me With the love potion" she asks and I reluctantly nod my head, doing it to make Molly happy and not make things awkward. "would you go out with me?" she asks me.

"yes" I say through gritted teeth. I would absolutely die to go out with Molly at the moment, but I don't want her to start falling for me because I know the potion won't last. Molly giggles and blushes. I want to tell her not to get excited because it's not real but I don't have the heart to.

"do you have dreams about me?" well, she obviously knows the answer to that because of last night! Of course I have dreams about her, otherwise I would never have woken up, screaming her name. I am still wondering how it didn't wake Harry, even if he is a deep sleeper. I nod slowly and she laughs again. Girls really do like playing these games and I've found that I actually, really don't like it.

"we'll finish it on the bus" she tells me as we come up to the bus stop. Those Anya and Fran girls are there and a few boys. Emily and Josie are stood there too and Lauren. I don't want them hearing about my fake crush on Molly, who I could be related to, technically, I guess. Okay, maybe not but I went out with her cousin, it'd be a bit weird to move straight onto her. The thought makes my heart sink. What if I did go out with Molly... That sends my heart beating again. I smile, looking at Molly, who is talking to Emily and Josie. I stroll over.

"hey, guys" I say and Josie smiles at me. Emily raises her eyebrows and smiles, looking me down. I edge closer to Molly. That Emily girl is a little bit creepy if you ask me. Molly bites her lip.

"hey, Finn" Josie says to me, her warm eyes showing that she is happy to see me. I nod at her and she nods back, looking over to where the bus is meant to appear from. As soon as she looks away, I see the big, White coach coming past the trees and turning into the bus stop, which is actually a roundabout for buses to turn around so it's quite convenient really. The bus Stops and everyone clambers on. Molly sits next to micy and Emily sits next to Heather. I guess I'll have to sit next to Josie then. She sits on the inside and I take a seat on the outside, which I've learned is the best seat. Molly mouths the word 'sorry' at me but I just shrug. I don't mind, Josie's nice.

"hey, Josie" I say to her and she smiles at me. I've come to realise that Josie is a very smiley person, unless it's just around me, but I don't think so because Molly says she smiles a lot.

"hiya Finn. Can I ask you a question?" she asks and I nod at her, returning a smile. "how exactly do you know Molly and... Are you related to mr styles or who Molly calls 'harry'?"

"well" I begin. Why does everyone have ti be so nosy and ask everything about me? Oh well, I guess it's better than not having anyone interested in me at all. Anyway, it doesn't bother me so I shouldn't complain. "I am one of molly's family friends and I went out with her cousin, Ciara" the name makes me remember how much fun we had together. I look up again. "and, well... I used to live with her family in Ireland while my brothers worked to get money. At Christmas, when we all met up at maddie's castle, I finally realised that I didn't love Ciara, because she was too young, almost two years younger than me. I broke up with her, and therefore got sent back to England. Now I live with my brothers which are actually, Harry and Freddie, haz is one of molly's teachers. But sometimes, like last night, I spend at molly's house, which is why I came down with her" I say, just thinking that now Josie might spread that I slept over at molly's house last night. She wouldn't do that... Would she? Maybe she would, I don't really know her.

"ohh" she sighs, looking to the side of me. I look behind, seeing what she's looking at. Heather, who always seems to be on the outside, is talking to micy about something. "are you two going out then?" she asks and I shake my head, wishing I could nod my head but knowing that it will never happen.

"oh... Okay" she replies. Why does everyone want to know that. Why would they even think that? "do you like her then?" I roll my eyes. The truth is... Well yes of course, because of that annoying potion. It feels alright now. Wait a second, if everyone thinks I like her... Is it obvious that I do? The torturing thoughts of people mocking me for the fact that I accidentally started fancying her fly through my mind and I close my eyes, shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts.

"I don't fancy Molly" I lie, feeling the warmth run into my cheeks. If she can't tell that I like her she must be pretty dim. Josie smiles, tapping her nose. "please don't tell anyone, Josie" I plead, knowing that she can already tell that I like her.

"is okay, I won't... And you can call me Jo. Sit next to me on the bus tonight so we can talk more cause you see Molly after school anyway" she says kindly and I smile at her. She is grinning at me, probably Pleased that she knows a secret that nobody else apart from Molly is meant to know. I look across to Molly, who is sitting in her seat, everything about her is perfect and beautiful. I sigh sadly, knowing that she will never like me, however much she knows that I Like her...

"okay... Jo" I smile and she raises her eyebrows to my crush, who is doing a handshake with micy. "does she know yet?" she asks, a cheeky grin on her face. I look at her, then back to Molly, half smiling at her.

"yep... Because she was the reason it started" I tell her and Josie frowns, a little confusion showing in her chocolate eyes. I guess that would be a little hard to understand. "she made a love potion" I tell her and a small smile begins to appear, turning into a laugh. "I accidentally drank it, thinking that it was blackcurrant.

"I bet you did that on purpose, just so you could have an excuse for fancying her? I mean, a love potion?! How stupid can you get? Finn, there is no such thing as a love potion! I've heard of people creating it but I can't see how it could change someone's feelings with a few chemicals. It's impossible!" she states. She has kind of repeated the same words as Molly said earlier, but with a stronger message.

"it can't be... I didn't like her before. The potion is real and I know it!" I tell her, confidence in my voice although doubt is starting to seep into my apparent theories. Josie laughs.

"I know what's happening, there is no love potion, Finn. It's got to be your own mind..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 78 26
Just a normal girl who lives in London with her friends. She is a very good student that is given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that changed...
1.6K 21 26
Elizabeth Jones is a normal teenager. She lives in Cheshire and dreams of being a forensic scientist. But when it comes to her midnight kiss with her...
2.3K 32 15
Sam Is an ordinary girl age eighteen who has an extraordinary job,she works as an assistant for the boy band known as One direction.However,they are...
16.2K 280 27
Anna is just a typical girl at summer camp until she meets her new bestfriend, Harry Styles. Harry and Anna end up living together in a small Flat in...