Shadow Demon- Shadowhunters

By ladyoliviarb

Echo Fairchild, older sister to Clary Fray, knows about the Shadow World. The day that Clary turns 18, is a d... More

Cold Fire
Disappearing Ruin
Plan of Action
First Secret
Alec's Arrows
Jealousy
First Change
Downworld Rave
Greater Demon Ruin
Mama Lightwood
Sparing
Family Picture
Maryse and Echo
Second Change
Shocking Cup
Glowing Green
Scars
Episode
Valentine's Experiment
Twenty-Two
Idris Past
City of Dark
Prepping
Guilty
Hodge
Ex-Circle
Rogue
Book of the White
Total Transformation
Characters
Season 2! Season 2!

Pandemonium

29.4K 683 57
By ladyoliviarb

Echo, dressed in black pants and a white top, found Clary and Simon with Maureen, sitting on top of Simon's van. They were stationed just outside of Pandemonium. When Clary saw her sister, she smiled.

"Echo!"

Echo strode up to the van and looked up at her sister, "Hey, fancy meeting you here."

Clary gave a short laugh, "You knew I would be here."

Echo gave a sly smile, "Yeah, I kind of did. You planning on going in?"

Clary shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe. I still have to paint the van."

Echo folded her arms, "And what's the new band name?"

The trio sitting on top of the van glanced at each other with a smile.

"Rock Solid Panda." Simon's smile reached his ears.

Clary giggled, "Well I'm feeling inspired."

The trio slipped off of the van and Clary took a can of spray paint and started to get to work on her new art piece. Simon, Maureen and Echo stood behind her and watched. Soon, Clary stepped back and examined her work. When Echo eyed the art she noticed the symbol that Clary drew in her sketchbook earlier that day.

Maureen noticed, "What tag is that?"

Clary was confused, "Whoa, I didn't even mean to draw that. That's the second time today."

Maureen slowly walked back to the van and Echo watched as Clary stared at the symbol. Echo shifted her gaze so that she was looking at the various people walking into the club. Nothing seemed out of place to her; that was until she heard Clary complain.

Echo whipped her focus back to Clary. Clary was standing in front of a blond guy dressed entirely in black. But what concerned Echo were the markings on his skin.

"You can see me?" the blond asked Clary.

Simon and Maureen looked at Clary as if she were crazy.

Clary had her flirt face on, "Yeah, that's kind of the point."

Echo hurried over to Clary just as the boy answered her, "You have the sight?"

"Wait, the what?" Clary said as Echo put either hand on Clary's shoulders. Echo looked right into the boy's eyes.

The blond eyed both of them before his attention was momentarily distracted, then with one final glance at both Echo and Clary he hurried into the club. Echo removed her hands as Clary turned to Simon and Maureen still with confused looks on their faces.

Echo gave a sigh and felt the weight of her Stele in her pocket as she watched the blond Shadowhunter run into the club. She swallowed and turned her attention to Simon as he spoke.

"Where are you going?"

Clary threw her jacket at Simon, "To get some answers."

Echo's eyes widened as she realized what Clary was doing. Simon closed the van's doors and followed Clary into the club with Maureen and Echo hot on his heels.

The club was overly crowded with people and Echo hoped that Clary would lose the Shadowhunter in the sea of people, but she had been wrong. She was less focused on the fact that Simon had offered to get Clary a drink and more focused on the fact that Clary was about to get herself into a situation that she couldn't explain.

The blond walked into a curtained off area of the club and Echo saw Clary search for a plan. Clary slipped her arm threw a man's arm and Echo hurried to follow her into the curtained area. Echo replaced the man and Clary momentarily looked up at her before her attention was on the Shadowhunter who had just pulled out a Seraph blade.

Clary pulled from Echo's grasp and shouted at the woman to watch out as Clary pushed her to the ground. The Shadowhunter's eyes went wide and he pushed Clary back with force. Echo's body went ridged as it always did when she was ready to fight. Echo hurried past the demon to Clary who had picked up the Seraph blade the Shadowhunter had dropped and had it pointed out in front of her.

Before Echo could pull it away from her a demon was pushed into the blade and Clary gasped as the demon shattered. The blond Shadowhunter pulled the blade out of her hands and Echo pulled Clary back. They both watched as two Shadowhunters sliced at a demon. With shock Clary pulled away from Echo and went running out of the area. With a final glance at the Shadowhunters, Echo followed her sister and watched her get into the back of a cab.

Echo cursed to herself and hurried back to her apartment. When she entered the living room she saw Jocelyn hold a Stele over her arm and a rune appeared on her skin. Clary looked horrified. She backed away as Jocelyn stood up.

Dot suddenly pushed past Echo and into the living room.

"Jocelyn, they're here."

Echo turned to Dot, "The circle?"

Dot nodded and answered both Jocelyn and Echo, "They found you."

Echo shook her head, "No, not today. Not now!"

Jocelyn tried to comfort Clary who was angry and scared. Echo watched as Dot opened a portal and Jocelyn pushed Clary in front of it. She pulled at Echo's arm as well and positioned her next to her sister.

"Where's Luke?"

Clary held onto Echo's hand, "At the police station!"

Echo closed her eyes as her mother told Clary and her that she loved them and as soon as Jocelyn pushed them through the portal, they were being thrown down onto hard tile.

Clary gave a slight shout and Echo blinked away the haze. Echo heard footsteps coming up the stairs and hurriedly pulled Clary up to standing. A woman, whom worked with Luke, Captain Vargas, walked up the steps and noticed Echo and Clary.

She smiled, "Echo, Clary. What are you doing here? It's two AM."

Clary tried to speak but nothing came out. Echo smiled, "Luke told us he would give us a ride home."

Captain Vargas gave a smile, "Still doesn't trust those cabbies?"

Echo gave a fake laugh.

"Well, Luke is finishing up interviewing a few witnesses."

Echo grabbed Clary's shaking hand, "We'll wait in the cafeteria. Thanks Captain Vargas."

Vargas smiled and walked off as Echo pulled Clary away. But as soon as Vargas was down the hall, Clary ripped away from Echo's hold and ran out of sight.

Echo swore under her breath; She made sure that her Stele was still in her pocket before rushing after Clary. Echo found Clary sitting on a step with tears in her eyes. Before Echo could ask what was wrong, Clary whispered for their mother and was rushing out of the precinct.

"Clary!" Echo whisper shouted before she ran after her.

Echo followed Clary outside into the pouring rain, "Clary!"

Clary didn't wait for her sister; she trudged through the rain and soon made it back to the apartment.

Echo, who was drenched from head to toe making her white shirt see through, found Clary hunched over a pile of trashed glass and antiques. The sight scared Echo, Dot was always so careful about her merchandise. Both Echo and Clary knew that something was terribly wrong.

Echo was about to put a hand on Clary's shoulder, but Clary pushed herself up to her feet and picked up a very antique and very real Ax off of the ground. Echo's eyes went wide as she followed her sister into their trashed apartment.

"Oh, my god."

The living room was a disaster. Every piece of furniture was in the wrong place and glass littered the rug.

"Clary."

Both Echo and Clary turned to see Dot standing with a worried expression on her face. Clary dropped the Ax and took a few steps toward her.
"They took her. They took Jocelyn."

"Who? Who took her?"

Echo pushed her drenched hair out of her face and looked around the apartment. The clouds outside didn't do much to light the living room. There were new shadows that taunted Echo. She took a step toward the kitchen just when she heard Clary shout.

Dot, who wasn't Dot at all, shifted into a demon. The demon lunged at Clary and scratched at her shoulder. Echo pulled the Ax off of the ground and hit the demon across the back. The demon rotated its head toward Echo and pulled its body toward her. Echo was knocked onto her back with pieces of glass piercing through her skin.

Echo used as much of her strength as she could to keep the demon off of her, but she was unsuccessful as the demon scratched at her vulnerable arm creating a large, deep gash. Before the demon could do any more damage, there was suddenly a blade tip piercing through the demon, making the thing shatter.

Echo looked up and saw the blond Shadowhunter from the club hold out his hand. Echo took it and he pulled her up. Echo pushed past the Shadowhunter and rushed over to Clary who was pushed against the wall with shock.

"What, no thank you for saving your life?"

Echo looked back over at the Shadowhunter, "Thank you."

"Why is the room spinning?"

Echo's focus was back on Clary as she clutched onto her older sister.

The Shadowhunter walked over to Clary and looked at her demon bite, "Demon venom."

Clary let her head tip to the side, "Is that a bad thing?"

Clary suddenly slipped from Echo's grasp and was caught by the Shadowhunter.

Echo watched as Clary's limp figure became distorted, "Damn it."

The Shadowhunter held onto Clary so she wouldn't crash to the ground, but he focused his gaze on Echo.
"Did you get scratched?"

Echo held onto the pillar and nodded. The boy hissed, "Can you walk?"

Echo momentarily let go of the pillar and to her surprise she stayed up right. She slowly nodded, but the movements made her head spin again. She put her hand on the pillar again.

She was suddenly aware of the Stele in her pocket. She slowly pulled it out and the Shadowhunter's eyes went slightly wide, "You're a Shadowhunter?"

Echo gave a short nod, "Yes, but I don't know what rune to use."

The boy gently set Clary down on the floor and moved closer to Echo.

Echo's vision was becoming much more disoriented; she could barley make out the shape of the front door. The boy took the Stele from Echo's hand and burned, Iratze, the healing rune, into Echo's skin. He had expected Echo to make a sound, but the venom was moving fast and she closed her eyes.

Echo could faintly feel the burning sensation in her forearm as the Shadowhunter runed her. As soon as the rune was finished the Stele was back in her pocket and she could start to feel herself become stronger. When she opened her eyes, the room was no longer a blur of colours. She looked down at Clary, then up at the Shadowhunter.

"I'm Echo, Fray."

The boy looked at Echo in her green eyes, "Jace Wayland."

Jace waited a beat before he spoke again, "How do you feel? Can you walk now?"

Echo let go of the pillar and she felt steady.She nodded and watched as Jace picked up her sister and walked out of the apartment.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 61 7
Taylor Fray. Clary's fifteen year old sister. The day of her older sister turns eighteen, her whole life turns upside down. Her mother disappears and...
668K 14.3K 36
The lives of the twins Brielle and Clary Fray take a 360° turn when they decide to go to the Pandemonium club in NYC for their 18th birthday. They bo...
952K 22.2K 50
Camille Fray has a normal life. A young mother, a young sister and a father who died when she was child. Graduated from high school and 2 years into...
328K 7.5K 36
Almost seventeen years before Clary Fairchild came into everyone's lives, a young girl around one year old showed up on the steps of the New York Ins...