You Will Always be Mine

By lailamehtaab

"I will not go against my parents for a person who abandoned his morals and humanity for power." Her voice ma... More

Prologue
To Readers
As Promised
Chapter # 1
Chapter# 2
Chapter# 3
Chapter# 4
Chapter#5
Chapter# 6
Chapter# 7
Chapter #8
Chapter# 9
Chapter #10
Chapter# 11
Chapter# 12
Sorry Readers
Chapter# 13
Chapter# 15
Chapter # 16
Chapter # 17
Chapter # 18
Chapter # 19
Author's Note
Chapter # 20
Chapter # 21
Chapter # 22
Chapter # 23
Chapter # 24
Chapter # 25
Chapter # 26
Chapter # 27
Chapter # 28
Chapter # 29
Chapter # 30
Chapter # 31
Chapter # 32
Chapter # 33
Chapter # 34
Chapter # 35
Chapter# 36
Chapter # 37
Chapter# 38
Chapter# 39
Chapter# 40
Chapter# 41
Chapter# 42
Chapter# 43
Chapter# 44 (The End)
Author Note
Be Mine

Chapter # 14

24.1K 1.3K 248
By lailamehtaab

Salam and hello everyone!

Dedicating this chapter to all passengers of flight PK-661. Who lost their lives in the plane crash, may Allah forgive them and they rest in peace. My salute to the pilot and co-pilot, for taking the plane away from the populated area as their last effort, saving many lives. True heroes. And a special tribute to Junaid Jamshed who also lost his life in the crash. Thank you, JJ for giving us 'Dil Dil Pakistan', you will always live in every Dil (heart) of Pakistan. :(

All JJ fans, always remember his massage

Hamain rehna hai apni sarzameen ka paasbaan ban kar
Nabi ki hai dua fath-e-mubeen ka ek nishaan ban kar

__________________________________

A strange feeling kept Kanwal restless the whole time from the Walima venue to home, yet she didn't ask the question which became the cause of this state. On the other hand, Ahad was rather enjoying himself. He was aware of Kanwal's condition but didn't try to clear her confusion. He rather liked her being in this situation. Her puzzled expressions clearly show her concerns, giving Ahad a satisfying feeling. The bitterness from this morning is completely faded because of a simple stupid comment Ahad made to irritate Yawar. He didn't think it would affect Kanwal more than its original target, but Ahad is glad.

He didn't approach Kanwal after coming home and Kanwal silently went to sleep after being irritated on her own restlessness.

"Silly girl." Ahad murmured, sitting beside her on the bed and kissed her forehead. When he pulled back, he found Kanwal looking at him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you up." Ahad said, stroking her hair.

Kanwal stared into his eyes for a moment before turning to the other side and close her eyes.

Little patience...

Ahad thought, inhaling a deep breath and wrapped his arm around her after lying beside. Kanwal's body stiffened and relaxed slowly when his arm remains in the same place. Watching her relaxed, Ahad buries his face in her back and close his eyes.

The line between hate and love is thin and Ahad had already made his mind to bring her back to his side of the line, back to him.

~*~

"I want to call home." Kanwal said during breakfast with Ahad.

Kanwal woke up early in the morning and searched every corner of the mansion but found no sign of landline phone, nor had she seen her phone after coming home from convocation. Kanwal wanted to call home and Maaz too. The promise she had made him kept was to convince her parents to leave Shareefabad, even better if they leave the city. Take away Alina from a place like this and send her to a boarding school if necessary, because as a sister, Kanwal doesn't want Alina to have a future like hers.

"Why?" Ahad paused for a moment before asking.

In response, Kanwal looked at him like he had lost his mind.

"I want to talk to her." Kanwal kept her eyes on him but Ahad didn't even glance at her.

"About what?"

"What do you mean about what? I want to know how is everyone." She frowned.

"Everyone is fine."

"How do you know?"

"That's a quite silly question when you know the position I hold in Black Eagles." Ahad answered calmly.

Kanwal cringed at the name of Black Eagles, "So you really keep eyes on my family?"

"And what is wrong with that?" Ahad's eyes met Kanwal's.

"It's... I want to hear my Ami's voice."

Ahad inhaled a deep breath before saying, "You cannot talk to them."

"WH-?... why?"

Kanwal waited for his answer which wasn't meant to come.

"Why am I not allowed to call my mother?"

Ahad felt the change of tone in Kanwal's voice and he could guess that she will start crying at any minute but he kept his focus on the food.

"I am asking something." Kanwal raised her voice.

"There is no use of crying or raising your voice. It is the rule from the start that the people Black Eagles pick from colleges will not contact or meet their family ever again. And the same applies to you. I will not bend the rules for you." Ahad said, looking at her teary eyes and got up.

"You should've listened to me when I came to you before." He said, wiping her tear with his right thumb and left after grabbing his hot tea.

Ahad isn't the type of person who could handle a crying woman, so he stayed in the other room, trying to avoid confronting Kanwal. He is aware that if he allows Kanwal to call her family or meet them, Moosa wouldn't mind at all. Yet, he stopped himself from doing so. Perhaps there is a part of him which still wants to punish her for refusing him and making him suffer.

Am I this low...???

Ahad asked himself and got irritated.

~*~

As soon as Ahad's car stopped on the porch, a guard came marching towards it and opened the door for him. Ahad stepped out the car and with a curt nod and answered the guard's Salam.

Ahad wasn't planning to leave the house today. In fact, he planned a whole day of outing with Kanwal. But after the morning conversation they had, Ahad doubts that she would want to talk to him or go anywhere. So instead of sitting home and do nothing, he came to Moosa's house, the main base of Black Eagles.

Coming inside the house, he directly made his way to Moosa's study on the third floor. Reaching the door of the study, a small smile creeps upon his face as he saw Yawar who was also making his way there.

As soon as their eyes met, Yawar murmured Salam and the smile on Ahad's face widened while answering him. Yawar glared at him and open the door saying, "Elders first."

"Thank you." Ahad chuckled before saying.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" Moosa left his seat and greeted Ahad with a smile.

"Wallaikum Assalam. How are you?" Asked Ahad.

"Alhamdullilah." Moosa answered, leading him to a sofa at the corner.

"Did you do something about the favour I asked you on the phone?" Ahad asked, settling himself on the sofa.

"I did mention it to her." Moosa looked at Yawar and said, "Yawar, tell Shahina that Ahad Bhai is here to talk to her."

Yawar who was listening to their conversation silently nodded on Moosa's command and leave the study.

"Couldn't you find a better person for this job?" Ahad said as soon as the study door slammed closed.

"He needs to learn to control his emotions." Moosa said in a monotonous voice while looking out the window.

Ahad only smirked and refrained himself from saying anything. He has seen the professional side of Moosa. Ordering around his men, kidnappings, to torturing and even killings, but he has also seen him smoking packs of cigarettes after coming back from any rescue missions. Putting aside the work, Moosa's emotions have a firm grip on him. Unlike Ahad, who has the ability to put up a nonchalant face, even if he is shattered to pieces from the inside. Ahad doesn't let himself to be carried away by his emotions. He tends to sit back and curve the situations slowly into his favour. And when it's the right time, he easily gets hold of what he wants.

Perhaps it was one of the reasons why Moosa chose him to handle the social side of Black Eagles.

Not long after, the door of the study opened, revealing Shahina holding a tray of tea and some snacks, followed behind was an annoyed-looking Yawar.

"Assalam o Alaikum." Shahina mumbled like she is holding back her tears. On hearing her voice, Moosa and Ahad's heads shot up to Yawar, who got startled and quickly took a seat at the corner.

"Shahina, come here." Moosa said, pointing towards the sofa beside him. Shahina timidly moved and sit cautiously on the sofa beside Moosa.

How is this girl going to live her life...???

Ahad often thinks that whenever he watches Shahina. According to Moosa, she has shown much improvement since the past year as beforehand, she was a girl who was afraid to talk or smile.

As second in command of Black Eagles, Ahad knew about Shahina's past. How, when and from which place and circumstances she was rescued from. But he couldn't imagine the torture she had been going through. Therefore, Ahad had always been extra careful in addressing this timid looking girl. Although she is Moosa's favourite kid, even more than Yawar, she has never tried to step out from her shell. That's why Ahad thinks that a girl like her could be a great diversion of Kanwal's attention for a few days.

"Your Ahad Bhai needs your help." Moosa carefully chose his words. Shahina raised her head towards Ahad and lowered again. Taking it as a hint, Ahad and Moosa switched their places and now Ahad is the one who is sitting beside Shahina.

Ahad turned his face to Yawar and giving him a wink, he turned his attention to Shahina.

"Shahina, why didn't you come to my Walima? I was waiting for you to introduce Kanwal to you." Ahad said politely.

"Hmm?" She raised her head, looking completely lost.

"You know I am your custodian now, right?" Shahina nodded in answer.

"It means you are my family too, just like you are to Moosa and Nats." Ahad was explaining it like she is a five-year-old kid.

"So, I have been thinking to introduce you to Kanwal today. She is missing her little sister so much. You think you can give her company for a while?"

"Moosa Bhai will be coming too?" Shahina asked, looking at Moosa.

"No. You will be going with your Ahad Bhai." Moosa, who was drinking tea, replied. He deliberately used 'Your Ahad Bhai' instead of 'Ahad' to make her clear that he is her brother, someone who could be trusted.

"Kanwal and I will drop you here after dinner." Shahina didn't deny of going. Instead, she asked about Moosa. Therefore, Ahad gives another shot.

"It will be a few hours and you will be back home."

There was a moment of silence and then Shahina asked hesitantly, "Should I change my clothes?"

And both Moosa and Ahad burst out laughing, making her squirm more in her place.

"Sorry Bache (kid), we weren't laughing at you." Moosa said, smiling at Shahina.

"Wear your favourite dress, I am only giving you fifteen minutes." Ahad said, looking at his wristwatch. Shahina nodded quickly and left.

After a few minutes, Moosa said in an authoritative tone, "Yawar report."

"Everything went smoothly, the material is in perfect condition. I have settled the final deal for tomorrow. It is up to you to sign the final documents, but... I think they need to be taught a good lesson in keeping their mouth closed and minding their own business. They are trying to take advantage of us for being the only provider of our shipments."

"Hm..." Moosa said, lighting his cigarette.

"Let me deal with them this time." Ahad said.

"But you can't sign any deals related to weapons or governmental work." On this, Ahad gave him an impressed look and Yawar rolled his eyes.

"Good! I am happy that you're doing your homework properly." Ahad said to Yawar and turned back to Moosa, "You see, Nats' and my choice was right about him."

"I still don't like dragging Yawar into this. Anyways, you think you can spare some time tomorrow?" Moosa asked Ahad.

"Sure, it's better to stay at home and be the target of Kanwal's hateful gaze." Ahad said in a carefree style.

"Her reaction is inevitable."

"I know, but ..." the knock on the door didn't let Ahad finish his sentence.

"Come in." Said Moosa. Soon after, the door slightly opened and Shahina peeked inside.

"I am ready." She mumbled awkwardly.

Ahad chuckles and said, "I am ready too. Okay Moosa, see you at night."

Both of them shook hands and Ahad left the house with a reluctant looking Shahina.

~*~

On reaching his house, Ahad opened the car door for Shahina by himself. Don't want her to get scared of his scary-looking guards.

"Come." Ahad said politely and lead the way.

Coming inside the house, Ahad saw the same facial expression he saw on Kanwal's face when she first came.

"You like the house?" Asked Ahad and Shahina nodded.

"Good. Now come, I'll introduce you to your Bhabi."

Shahina fastened her steps behind Ahad, he led her into the kitchen where Kanwal was busy in making tea. On hearing footsteps, Kanwal turn towards the sound and Shahina halted instantly. The person Shahina saw in the kitchen wasn't very old from her, but what caught her attention was the person's red, swelled eyes.

Shahina glanced at Ahad and then lowered her head, mumbling Salam.

"Kanwal, this is Shahina." Ahad announced, but before he could tell the details, Kanwal left the kitchen in a rush and soon they heard a loud door slamming sound.

____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 518 20
To all the girls who were broken by boys but want to get loved by men ____________________________________ She spoke up,"i am sorry i can't be mother...
232K 8.8K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...
475K 58K 83
"Anee place your hand here" he said using his index finger to point to his chest and I slowly place my hand there feeling his heartbeat in fast motio...
10.5K 536 7
"Murtasim believe me", Meerab requested with tears in her eyes. She closed her eyes tight when Murtasim came close to her, she shivered looking into...