Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

125 Tirr's End

28 1 0
By Mysi85

Yuna's head broke through another concrete slab. She had lost track of how many floors they had devastated by now. Tirr beat her all over the many floors through the building, but now and then she could land a hit on him. His blows were by no means as strong and precise as they were at the beginning of their battle.

She coughed and spat out concrete splinters as she struggled to her feet. As her opponent also reached this floor, he slipped and had to cling on to the ground. Oh, yes, he too had a lot of trouble. He pulled himself up and stomped, heavily breathing, towards her.

"How about a break?" he asked exhausted.

"Don't tell me you're getting tired."

"I think I'll just tear off your damned head."

"If it only was that easy, right?" Pissed off, he gritted his teeth.

The girl was further beaten up until she broke through the roof. Immediately, the rainwater flowed through the breakthrough. An avalanche of gravel rolled through and thundered into the floor below. She rolled over the wet gravel and licked a few drops of water from her lips. She was dying of thirst, which she hadn't noticed so far.

Tirr's pranks reached through the hole and tried to find halt in the gravel. He pulled himself up to the roof. He had indeed lost all caution. Like a child, he struggled to climb up. That was her chance. She clasped the sword, straightened herself, and hurried over to him.

He hurled a handful of pebbles at her, but they bounced off like bullets from her. Yuna couldn't be stopped. Now to cut off his head would end this thing. She took out and slammed, but the sword stopped at his neck.

"Muscles ...", Yuna thought disappointed and annoyed about herself. He grabbed the blade with his free hand and hurled the huntress over him. She bounced head on into the gravel and slid across the ground. She got up and marched back to him. Meanwhile, Tirr had pulled himself to the roof and stood up. Both were panting for air.

"I'll throw you ... from this fucking roof," Tirr gasped.

Yuna took a deep breath. "Whatever."

They shuffled towards each other. She had wounded his left hand, both knees and the left elbow. His leather clothes had cuts and cracks everywhere. Her school uniform, on the other hand, was still unharmed. Dirty but undamaged. She had some scratches and bruises on the head and the free forearms. And her stockings also were ripped at some spots, but she had more of them. Sweat ran from her forehead and burned in the scratches, but that was all right. Soon it would be over.

Tirr took out and swung his left fist in her direction. The girl ducked and pushed the sword tip into his left armpit. The Oni growled, but all elan had left him. The huntress swung the sword above her head, but missed him.

They staggered apart and gasped. The monster stepped towards her, hit her and hurled her back a few yards. He took a deep breath and wiped his face. The girl came to her feet and stared at him, full of hatred. She needed only one well-placed hit, then she could kill him.

"Why won't you die, you fucking bitch?!" he yelled in a shrill voice.

"Why won't you die, you miserable bastard?" Yuna replied dryly.

He rushed towards her. Apparently he still had a few reserves, because he moved again a lot faster. But what good did this for him? He could hardly wound her.

Yuna clenched her hand around the handle of her father's sword. No. The handle of her sword.

She gathered all her strength, cried out, and rushed at him with her sword raised. She just had to hit his head, then he'd be done.

A lightning tore the sky apart as they met. Tirr's right hand wrapped around Yuna's neck. She missed his head again. To her surprise, she noticed that he didn't stop, but ran on. She was convinced that madness would sparkle out of his eyes if he had anymore. With a widened eye she stared at the tumors in his face. He really wanted to throw her off the roof. She fished with her left hand for the Wakizashi, tore out the blade and rammed it sideways into Tirr's skull. Abruptly he stopped.

"Shit ..." he murmured.

"I've got you."

"Looks like it."

An undefinable feeling swept through Yuna. She had won. She had defeated Tirr. She had succeeded. The nightmare was over. She could go home. She could enjoy her bath and her chocolate and the kisses of her lover.

Yet, Tirr didn't loosen his grip.

His totally disturbed, cackling laughter came from his throat. "Do you know what, little one?"

Surprised, she opened her eye. "What?!"

"If I have to go, I'll take you along."

Panic took possession of the huntress. Tirr started to move again and stormed on. Why the hell didn't he fucking die already? She tore the Wakizashi out of his head and stabbed him again.

"Forget it." They reached the roof edge and he jumped down with her.

"Shit ... shit ... shit ..."

When he heard the flutter of her hair, he began to laugh. "Fuck you, whore. You're dying too."

"Why won't you fucking die?!" she yelled, tugging at the handle of the Wakizashi.

"I'm probably tougher than I seem."

Yuna tore the Wakizashi out again and drove it back into his skull. The monster laughed furiously. She looked down over her shoulder. She couldn't even see the ground, surrounded by all the rain. They plunged into a gray background, while the brightly colored Oni mists danced around them. That was way too high. Not even she could survive this fall. Except ... Her gaze was fixed on the face of her opponent. She had to kill Tirr somehow before they hit the ground.

This time she pushed the blade into his neck. His resistance was broken. That was her chance! While she clung to him with the Wakizashi, she put the Katana on his neck and began to saw.

The insane Oni laughed about her efforts. Desperately, she hacked on his neck. The floors on their side passed them faster.

"Urg ..." Blood ran out of Tirr's mouth. Yes, she did it. She could do it. "You're really ... unique ..." Tirr's head broke loose from his body and his laughter disappeared in the roar of the wind.

Yuna stared at the grinning grimace hovering above her. "For real? That's it? All my efforts for nothing? Do I have to die now?"

Tears came to her eye. She had given everything. Everything. For what?

She thought of Wataru. He would probably lose her. It broke her heart to think about what he had to go through. And she would never see her sister Yui again. There was no more chocolate from Me for her, and Nisha would lose her new friend. Ayumi would have to bury another sister. And she hadn't apologized to Hikari.

She had saved everyone and had to give her life for it. She was probably a real heroine.

"That's so unfair."

Resigned, she stowed both her Katana, as well as the Wakizashi in their respective sheath. She didn't let Tirr's remains out of her sight. Was this monster still alive?

The body of the Oni began to dissolve. Bright and colorful radiant sparks left behind a dazzling tail in the sky. The particles circumnavigated the girl as she continued to race to the ground. She held out her arms to the light.

"Please ... don't let me die. I don't wanna die. I want to live. I want to see my friends again and just lead an ordinary life."

A smacking sound accompanied her as she hit the soaked ground. Her body drifted into the ground and darkness took possession of her.

It was over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928 144 30
Most people assume Miu is a timid, shy girl, but actually she's quite a down to earth kind of gal. She grew up in the Hyakuya orphanage alongside wit...
15.1K 786 82
-Tokyo Revengers! but I don't tell you the love interest. -Only a small amount of the population has been brought into a strange new world where murd...
1.8K 455 17
*No-Dah-chee* Book One in the Warrior of Dreams series! She moved so quick that her aura left behind afterimages, causing a blue spider web-like scen...
8.4K 358 10
A story of a boy this is. A boy who only knew all his life was about nothing. Paying off a debt he never knew how he got it. Constantly the top fight...