Protector

By Piper_Noell

A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is fu... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen

133 16 0
By Piper_Noell

Outfit above is what Harper wears for training ^^^^
Harper's P.O.V

Opening my eyes a blinding light scorches my eyes as I groan and turn around reaching my arms out to hug Amelia. Noticing the bed is empty i sit up in a panicked mess.

Wait I fell asleep on the balcony with Amelia.

Scanning my room desperately I see a note placed on my desk. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed the air prickles my bare skin as I walk over to the note.

Harper,

Last night I came to see if you were back and found you and Amelia asleep in the balcony. Goddess knows why. I carried you to your bed and took Amelia back to her room.

Remember what the doctor said and get breakfast when you wake up; we don't want you close to fainting again do we now? ;-)

See you soon beautiful!

Cal xx

Shaking my head I put the note back down on my desk and head to the shower. Turning the shower on I look in the mirror while I wait for the shower to warm up.

My hair is a mess as always but I surprisingly don't look so run down. The old bags under my eyes and practically gone and my skin has more colour to it. Smiling to myself I hop in the shower and think about when were suppose to start training.

Thinking about it my packs not done training recently so we should probably start training again.

After doing all the necessary things I hop out the shower and wrap a towel around my body and a towel around my hair. Walking over to my closet I decide to train the pack today and pick out a workout outfit.

Throwing on some underwear I slip on some grey and black shorts with a Calvin Klein workout top. Slipping in some grey trainer socks I put on some white Nike trainers and head over to my vanity. Taking out my hair drier I quickly dry my hair before growing it in a messy high pony tail. Looking in the mirror I put on a bit of lip balm and head outside my room.

Walking in to the kitchen I see a couple of members from Xavier's pack and head to the cupboard grabbing some shreddies. Making a bowel of cereal I sense Xavier's pack members gazes on me as I sit down.

Before I can even take a bite of my cereal I'm lifted of my seat as someone spins me in a hug. "Stop hogging her!" A voice known as Scott hollers before snatching me out of Cal's arms and giving me a hug of his own.

"Damn guys calm down" I tell them laughing as k break away from Scotts hug and take a bite out of my cereal.

"Where did you go last night?" Scott asks slumping down in the seat next to me grabbing a apple as Cal made a coffee and sat next to me.

"The beach" I reply bluntly knowing Xavier's pack members are listening to out conversation.

"I didn't know there was a beach nearby?" Cal pipes in taking a sip out of his coffee.

"There isn't" I reply stealing Cal's coffee and taking a sip out of it making him pout. "I must've ran pretty far" I tell them as they nod in agreement.

Finishing my cereal I out my dish in the sink and stretch my back out. "So what's got you in that outfit then" Scott asks drawing attention to what I'm wearing.

"Were training out pack today" I tell them getting a glass of water.

"What about Xavier's pack?" Terry came in joining the conversation.

Shrugging I gulp down the rest of my water. "We'll start their training tomorrow. Today I want to focus on our pack and if Xavier's pack member want they can watch our training to see what they're getting themselves into"

"You could've told us that" Mason said snidely as he walked in along with Jake and Xavier. Although Xavier just seems to be checking me out.

"Well now you know" I reply back before walking out.

I really am not in the mood for assholes today.

Running back up to my room I mindlink the whole pack and tell them to meet me at the pack training grounds in ten minutes. Walking into my room I grab a mp3 player to sync with a speaker to play music in training.

Walking back down I jog to the pack grounds seeing Cal, Scott, Terry and Dylan already there. "You guys are eager for training" I joke plugging in my mp3 player.

"We always are" Dylan tells me with a wink as I roll my eyes at his behaviour.

Soon enough all the people from my pack capable of training are here all lined up awaiting my orders. Standing infront of everyone Cal and Scott flank my sides as per usual.

"Okay as of now we will start training again. We will train all week apart from Thursdays and Sundays. Weekdays we will train between 4-7 in the afternoon due to some people having to go to school. And on the weekends we will train 6-9 in the morning. Is that clear?" I ask as everyone nods in understand.

"Okay we'll start out with stretches in groups of four" I order as everyone breaks up in to groups of four and begin to stretch. Turning on the music I tell Cal and Scott to go get the weights and punching gloves and pads.

While their doing that I walk in between the groups checking to see if everyone's okay. After 5-10 minutes of stretching everyone's back in lines and some of Xavier's pack members have come to watch.

"Okay so we all know we will be fighting  vampires. Yes?" I ask making sure everyone knew as pretty much everyone nods their heads. "Okay so as everyone knows knows, vampires are fast. And they means we need to get faster. So were going to do some punches and routines in a little while but to they you warmed up I want you all to run around the territory at least five times" I order them as everyone immediately sets of running.

Cal and Scott stay behind with me and Xavier, Mason and Jake have came out to watch us. "Come on boys, I'll race you!" I joke before beginning to run

Pumping my legs faster and faster I overtake some pack members as Cal and Scott are try to catch up. Smiling to myself I pick up the pace and feel the wind whip through my hair and the leaves crunch under my feet. Over taking more pack members the sound of birds chirping hit my ear drums softly as the trees softly blow in the wind.

Overtaking more pack members I become the first in line as I finish my first lap. Astonished faces of Xavier and his pack members imprint themselves in my sight as I laugh to myself.

'Thats right bitches!' Aurora yelps happily in my mind. Picking up the pace more the calf's and thighs burn but it only pushes me to go further. Footsteps behind me cause me look behind as I see Cal and Scott getting closer.

"Bye losers!" I shout back to them and increase my speed into a sprint. Jumping over fallen logs and dodging branches and twigs I over lap pack members and finish my second lap making Xavier and his pack members look dumbstruck.

'Okay stop playing around. Pick up the pace!' Aurora tells me loving the feeling of running.

Laughing to myself I push myself to the limits and soon finish my fifth lap as others are justing starting their third. "Come on guys! Push yourselves!" I yell at pack members as they run past.

Scott and Cal finish their laps and rest their hands on their knees catching  their breathe as I continue to yell at pack members passing by. "We did better. Only one lap behind!" Cal and Scott shout enthusiastically high fiving each other.

Soon enough everyone has finished their laps and I am now faced with red faces and the air is filled with pants. "Alright, were going to work on differnt punches now. I want everyone to pair up and grab one set of punching gloves and one set of pads and then await further instruction.

Turning to Cal and Scott their faces full with dread as they predict the question I'm going to ask. "Who's my partner to demonstrate with then?" Faster than the sped of light Cal pushes Scott forward and throws a pair of pads at him. Scott grumbles and slips on the pads as I laugh and put on the punching gloves.

"Okay for the first part we'll work on upper cuts. Does anyone know advantages of using the upper cut?" I ask. When training I prefer my pack knows what certain moves can do so they know when to use them.

A couple of hands raise up to answer the question and I nod towards Noah to answer the question. "Using a upper cut it can break someone jaw and knock their teeth out and possibly kill them" He tells me as I nod and more of Xavier's pack members come to watch.

"To complete a upper cut with your partner the one with pads are going to raise their hands up about the height of their head like so" I tell them as Scott does what I just said. "To complete the actual punch you need to raise your fists infront of face and punch the opposite pad your punching hand is. So for example with your right hand you're going to punch the left pad and with your left hand you're going to punch the left pad" I tell them and complete a uppercut with my right hand knocking Scott of guard causing everyone to laugh.

"But for the love of goddess make sure your partners ready before you punch" I laugh as everyone starts to practice their upper cuts.

*
*
*

"Okay everyone is to report here tomorrow at 4 in the afternoon since its Monday. Dismissed!" I dismiss everyone and they all begin walking back to the pack house chatting happily.

Turning around Cal and Scott lay on the floor covered in sweat. "You alright boys?" I ask with my voice laced with amusement.

"You made the training harder!" Scott yells as he pulls himself to his feet.

Laughing I turn around and head back to the pack house, not forgetting my mp3 player, only for Xavier, Mason and Jake to fall in step with me.

"That was your idea of training!?" Jake asks astonished as I bluntly nod.

"Thats torture not training!" Mason shouts making me scoff.

"Please that was nothing. It's gets harder every week"

"What!?" Mason and Jake shout in unison while Xavier stays quiet.

"What if our pack can't keep up?" Jake asks.

"You guys are suppose to be the strongest pack in America. But if your pack can't keep up then they can take a small break when they feel the need to but I don't want anyone slacking off or they'll be forced to do the extreme training' I tell them simply.

"What's the extreme training?" Mason asks curiously.

"Trust me you don't want to know" i tell them before walking into the pack house and up to my room to take a shower.

***************************************************************

1923 words
Unedited
Bit of a short and filler chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 5.5K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
4.5K 300 31
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...
1M 43K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
21.1K 1.9K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...