Rose And The Mafia (Editing)

Por _Secrets_89

(Book 1) Rose valezquez is a regular seventeen year old girl. You know happy, moody, beautiful and the list g... Más

Rose And The Mafia
Chapter 1: A Day to Remember (edited)
Chapter 2: Green-eyed Stranger (edited)
Chapter 3: The visit (edited)
Chapter 4: I Choose Him (edited)
Chapter 5: Graduation (edited)
Chapter 6: Together Forever (edited)
Chapter 7: I hate you (edited)
Chapter 8: A New Beginning part 1 (edited)
Chapter 9: A New Beginning Part 2
Chapter 10: I Want To
Chapter 11: Stress Free
Chapter 12: The Final step
Chapter 13: Apologies, Confessions, and Deals
Chapter 14: His Jealous Girlfriend
Chapter 15: What goes on, goes on
Chapter 16: Never Expected To Be Interested
Chapter 17: His true colors
Chapter 18: You Don't Just Trust Anyone
Chapter 19: Rose
Chapter 21: The Texts
Chapter 22: Unexpected Deal
Chapter 23: We're Done
Chapter 24: The Dressing Room Kiss
Chapter 25: Men in Black
Chapter 26: Not Your Typical Night
Chapter 27: The Four Boyfriends Story
Chapter 28: The Big News
Chapter 29: Tired and Cranky
Chapter 30: Fortune Cookie
Chapter 31: Uncompleted Mission
Chapter 32: A henchmen job
Chapter 33: I'm WHAT
Chapter 34: I'm in control
Authors Note

Chapter 20: Didn't Know He Could Like Someone

4K 109 22
Por _Secrets_89

A/N: Can't believe that this is the twentieth chapter!! Hopefully there will be many more!! And I have so many views, thanks everyone, I really do appreciate it....alot. Enjoy!!
~~~~~

If two boxes of the merchandise is one-thousand and we're buying eight and he's taking away some money because he owes me than it'll be less that what we are suppose to be paying ...... ah of course, how smart am I?

Math is my favorite subject. Always was and always will be. I do the sales, graphs and the statistics. And I question the what if 's.

Of course we don't always get what we want. There are families who are allies with us and people who are neutral; we don't mess with them and they don't mess with us. For example, the Morreti's are neutral.

I'm aware that I shouldn't be talking to Giovanni, but hey, I could use him somehow. I just need to earn his trust, it'll be hard knowing that his family is as deadly as ours, but he made a fool of himself when he let the fbi from the club, in. He had no clue who she was, but I had my people.

Creo que estoy mas inteligente que el. (I think I may be more intelligent than him.) A/N: It's Spanish just in case you were curious. And if you dont know spanish.

I chew on the end of my pen, while Francisco talks about the upcoming deals, and hotels...and so on. But I'm not paying attention because my thoughts keep taking me to the night of the club. He hasn't called me, ugh I sound desperate. I can't let him get me, he's probably going to use me too.

Does he always look professional, always wearing a suit? Although I don't mind, he definitely looks good in it and looks dominant, especially when his sleeves are rolled up to his elbows, showing us his bulky muscles. But I'm not stupid. I know he's been with many woman; his reputation consists of sleeping with women, well not on the newspaper, because that'll ruin him. My guess is that he threatened anyone who wrote bad about him. I mean who wouldn't threat those id-

"Lana!"

"Huh?...I mean--...sorry sir, I was just trying to uh..." I look down on my notes and reread what I have written, "oh yeah, the aftermath of the merchandise is will probably be fourteen thousand, though we'll see."

Francisco nods, approving of my lie, well not really a lie if the aftermath is correct.

"Alright I have some news. I'm not sure if you all remember, except Lana, but Camilla has come back from Italy," this catches my attention and just when he says her name, Camilla walks in. "and she'll be here permanently, until she is told to go back."

She wears some blue jeans and a white button up, with some ankle black boots and her wavy brown hair falls down to her shoulders. She's slender and she also looks a little bit older than me. Hell, everyone here is older than me, some are even 30, yet they don't look it.

She hugs everyone at the table, except for Chris. Something flashes in chris's eyes, though it quickly goes away. It looked like anger and confusion.

How come I've never met her, or heard about her?

She looks at me with confusion and I stand up to greet her, to show her how mature I am.

"Lana." I say politely, with a small smile.

"Camilla Romano. May I ask what you are doing here?" She asks me after she shakes my hand. She still has that smile on her face but I know better. Her eyes say differently. You know how people say that eyes are the windows to your soul or some shit like that, well I think its true.

"I rece-" I start to say but Chris interrupts me.

"She got recruited on here Camilla." he says her name bitterly and stands up, going around the table to stand in front of her. "She's a made ma- well woman I guess." He shrugs, and Camilla's head snaps to Fransisco.

"How can she be a made ma-women, you can't just go from associates to a soldier that quick. I've never heard of her. Wh-" This time she gets interrupted by Fransisco.

"She's not a soldier." At this Camilla relaxes and nods, throwing me a smirk. But I give her one too. "She's a Capo." He says coolly, and sits back down on his brown leather chair, crossing his arms. As if saying, try me.

She keeps quiet for a moment and is fighting with herself, whether she wants to say something or keep her mouth shut. But unfortunately, her mouth gets the best of her. "Questa è la Cosa più stupida che io abbia mai sentito! (This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard!)" She throws her hands around fustrated and I narrow my eyes at her. She's pushing my buttons. "Capo, non puoi essere serio? (Boss, you can't be serious?" She still speaks in Italian, and there's really no use, but I'll just let her be.

"ENOUGH! You do not question my decisions Camilla!" He yells and Camilla shrinks back. I'm not even going to lie, I did too. "Am I really becoming that soft? Because there are so many people disrespecting me. Everybody get the fuck out of my face!" His voice echos throughout the room and everybody rushes out as if Fransisco was holding a gun at them. I stay back, along with Fransisco's two men, and I slowly rise from my seat.

"Boss, do you need something? A scotch or maybe... some rest?" I ask already shrinking in case he yells. Okay I'm ready. Go ahead....Why don't I hear yelling?

"No." He says sternly and looks deep in thought. I know when something is wrong, like I said I'm good at reading people. "Maybe some sleep but I can't afford it right now." He sits down in his chair, closes his eyes and rubs his temples.

"Sir may I ask what's wrong? And if you dont need my company I'm sorry if I have wasted your time." I apologize and turn on my heel to leave.

"Fine I'll say, but close my doors." He says softly. I close the doors shut and catch a glimpse of Camilla. I don't bother giving her a stink face so I shut the doors. "The other families are getting suspicious, asking about how and where do we get the money? I mean we're suppose to share some of the money but ...." he shakes his head and slumps back in his chair. "They want to hold a meeting at the.. I don't know a building down town."

I frown and sit down, near the boss. It feels weird calling him that. I always call him Fransisco, but he's right. He should be respected, he is the boss after all. "Soo... you're anxious maybe because you're not going to walk out alive or...?" I wait for him to give me his answer but it doesn't reply.

Mhm.. I have to do something, I saw how cruel the other families are. They're vicious and greedy for money. You definitely don't want to get on their bad side. Maybe I should go, I am the one who makes the most money. It's like a competition almost. You're suppose to get money someway, somehow, and give some to the boss and you keep the rest. It's easy really, but it's not always easy, especially for the people who want to become apart of the family. The beginners.

"I'll go with Chris and figure something out, don't worry about it. Io sono il capo, sapranno che cosa succede se fanno qualcosa per me.
( I'm the boss they'll know what happens if they do something to me.)" He looks too confident for my liking but I don't say anything. "You can go Rose. Send me Chris please, and I apologize for Camilla she's the consiglier by the way." He informs me and I give him a small smile.

"It's fine." I leave and close the doors. I head to the living room where everybody is talking but I don't see Chris so I head to the kitchen.

"You probably just went to sleep with every guy there, huh?" I hear Chris say with rage in his voice. I scoff softly and roll my eyes. Since when does he care about his exes sleeping with others. I didn't know he got jealous too.

"Trust me when I say that I only cared about my job and nothing else. I mean yes, I went to bars but only for drinks." I hear a female voice say, Camilla, and I stay where I am, nowhere to be seen by them, snooping. "So tell me Chris, how my girls have you slept with since I've been gone?" She asks with disgust, clearly in her voice.

Mhm. Not a surprise that he probably slept with her and she's jealous, but Chris doesn't deserve this so I step in. "Hey Chris, the boss needs you." I say coolly like if I didn't hear anything.

He sighs and nods. He goes behind Camilla and whispers something to her ear and leaves. Yes, he leaves, leaving me with Camilla. Great, I'll just leave too.

She stands next to the kitchen island and stands still, looking down, with her fists clenched. I go behind her in order to get a water bottle out of the fridge and make sure that I don't touch her. Women like her make me sick. They have no respect for themselves when they date manwhores. I wouldn't say that Chris is one but... he doesn't exactly respect the women that he dates.

"So you're cousins with Chris?" She says with no emotion. I narrow my eyes and nod, slowly turning towards her direction. "No wonder you got in the mafia so easily." She mumbles under her breath, but I can still hear it.

"And you're another slut who dates Chris?" I remark, with a smug look. She glares at me, and after about a minute of intense staring she sighs heavily.

"You got a really good position in the mafia so obviously you make good money and you're worth being here. I'm sorry for fighting with you. I think it was just the plane ride." She smiles and chuckles, though the smile doesn't reach her eyes. She has sadness in them.

Maybe because you called her a slut. My conscious states. I internally roll my eyes and sigh.

If anything I hate apologizing, it just shows you your mistakes and it shows that you're weak.

"Sorry," I mumble. "I didn't mean to call you a slut. Half of what I say is trash, although some are facts." I ramble on.

"It's fine. So I guess I wont be the only woman, here. It gets lonely." Is she bipolar or something? She was just yelling at me and throwing glares my way ten minutes ago. Now she's saying that we should hang out.

I almost reply to her but my phone begins to ring. I check for the caller, and it shows me the name as unknown. Mhm. "Sorry, I've got to take this, it's probably important." She smiles and nods, then walks out of the kitchen. I open the door to the back and close it.

"Hello?" I say.

"So is the business thing still on or what?" I instantly know who it is and I smile without meaning to. Giovanni.

"I've got things to do but...maybe I can work something out. How about we meet up at ...." I try to think of some place but my mind is in a frenzy and my heart won't stop beating fast. Why am I feeling like this. The only time I felt like this was with... Liam. When I think of Liam I almost gag and I instantly get rid of the feelings I was just getting a minute ago. I remember now, how it is with men.

"How about we just meet up at the Luigi's. The one.." he suggests and I am in a mood for some Italian food.

"I know which one. I'll meet you there at 11." I almost hang up but he interrupts.

"Wait, wait, wait. Why so late?" He argues.

"Do you have a curfew or something? Like I said I'm busy. Either you go or you don't. Bye." And with that I hang up.

I admire the scenery in front of me. Why haven't I been in the back yard? It's Soo huge. There's a big pool, with a waterfall and the grass is greener than green itself and the bushes are trimmed into different animals. Well more like predators.

"Who was that?" I jump at the voice behind me and I find Chris closing the door, coming to stand beside me.

"Um it was Ethan. It was nothing." I shrug and he nods slowly, almost as if he doesn't believe me. What if he heard the whole conversation?

"Hey, did Camilla tell you anything..." he slowly says with a glint in his eyes.

"Um.. besides telling me that we should hang out, no, I don't think so." He nods and turns back at me with a frown.

"Why does she want to hang out with you?" He spits with a little anger, laced in his voice. What the fuck he can have her all he wants, I'm not the one who suggested hanging out would be fun.

"Look don't get angry with me. If you want her that badly you could go into the living room and sweet talk to her just like you do to the other girls that have slept with you." I roll my eyes and open the door to get inside but Chris closes it and pulls me back. Damn his stupid muscular arms. I really have to go to the gym again.

"Sorry, it's just that.." he scratches the back of his neck and kicks the tiny pebbles that lay below his feet. He's nervous! For a girl! Never have I seen that. "I actually do like her. She didn't throw herself at me like the others did. You know?" I don't know if I can contain the joy that's dying to escape.

"Again as you keep asking. I don't know how it feels to heartbreak other guys hearts. And secondly why don't you let's see..." I tap my finger against my chin, showing him that I'm thinking. "Oh I know, maybe you should stop sleeping with other women. And stop with your ego. Nobody needs that. Let's see sto-"

"I got it." He snaps and I raise my hands up.

"Well you can take her on a date or something." I say softly. Im being to rough on him. Since when did he ever like a girl? "Just show her that you care. Talk to her, cause the conversation ya'll were having in the kitchen was not good." I snicker and he rolls his eyes.

"Thanks" he smiles and I come closer giving him a hug. He backs away and pushes his arms out, creating some distance. "No I don't need a hug."

"Come on, don't be such a baby. Come on" I press on and I start running towards him with my arms open and laughing the whole way.

This reminds me of when we were kids, and we always ran playing tag. Or hide N seek. So much has changed.

He runs faster, throughout the whole yard and I finally reach him, giving him a tight hug.

"Ughh." He grumbles. He hugs me back and I'm filled with joy. I've never been this happy since my parent were around. And my little brother. Oh how he would have loved running in this big yard, but it's not like I would have had this. I don't think being in the mafia was on my goals or bucket list.

We finally pull back, he has an evil grin on his face, making me suspicious. I start backing away and he takes a couple steps towards me. I step back one more time but I don't feel any grass or anything hard really. Next thing I know I'm surrounded in water. I had forgotten that the pool was behind me. Now I feel stupid, thank god I put my phone on the patio table near the door.

Chris laughs and I narrow my eyes. I throw my arms around and pretend to drown. "Chris! You know I can't swim! You know about my fear with the water!" He sobers up and starts to panic. Ha! He wasn't there when I finally learned to swim, I could always swim, but I did always fear the deep. Though the pool didn't scare me.

He takes out his phone and jumps in the pool. His head pops out of the water and I push him down, laughing so hard that I have to clutch my stomach. He comes up for air and I'm still laughing, making my way out the water.

"Oh no you don't." He yells playfully and he swims towards me at lighting speed. I start to panic and I jump out the water. But not fast enough because Chris grabs my leg. I freak out and I kick his face on accident. He let's go of my foot and holds his nose. Oh my gosh, what did I do? I just made him bleed!!

I quickly reach for his arm and pull him out.

"I'm sorry, I panicked." He mutters curse words under his breath but not directly at me. I lead him inside the house and I find everybody in the kitchen, chatting.

"Oh my God! What happened!" Camilla gasps and runs towards us, in a blink of an eye. She sits Chris down and grabs napkins for him.

I smile sheepishly. "Oh he'll be fine." I wave my hand.

"Why are you and him wet?"

"Exactly." Daniel says, with a confused face.

Are there people out there trying to attack you?" When Camilla says this the guys rush on getting out the door.

"No, no. There's no one out there it's just tha- look it's a long story." I say fustrated and I flush, it's embarrassing to be honest.

"Yes it is a long story, now can you get me some towels and an emergency kit?" Chris hisses and Camilla goes through the kitchen drawer, taking out a band aid kit. He was actually demanding me, but Camilla was the one helping.

I laugh and point at him. "You sound like squidward." I mock him and he throws me the napkins with blood on it and I jump around whining. "That's disgusting."

After about thirty minutes, I tell everybody bye and rush upstairs to take a shower. I don't want to get a cold, plus I have someone to meet and I can't afford to look like a zombie, whose wet. I might look like the girl from suicide squad, Enchantress.

I don't know why but I get excited. I need to fucking get rid of that. I'll test my feeling today, and I have to be sure to not get caught leaving, or else I'm D-E-A-D...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

130K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...
4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
956K 23.8K 54
💕 LOVING SERIES BOOK 1 💕 (cover credit in prologue) Christiano Romano is an Italian man with a lot of issues. Whether it's from his past, his life...
245K 4.1K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...