Radioactive (An Avengers Fanf...

By MaddieTehFangirl

Lyla Davidson was just a normal 14 year old girl. Emphasis on the was. After her mother died from cancer caus... More

Chapter One- The Accident
Chapter Two- Close Encounters with the Annoying Kind
Chapter Three- SHIELD isn't just armor
Chapter Four: Best friends in Saugus
Part Five: The Musical Super Freaks and Goldy Locks the God
Chapter Six: Water Bending, Losing the Moose and Marathons
Chapter Seven: What's going on?!?
Chapter Eight: Find My Victims (The Best Selling App)
Chapter 9: Jeo? Lemma? Fitsimmons? Fitsimmons.
Chapter 11: Emma Blackery and Nightmares
Chapter 12: They're Coming
Chapter 13: Plans Unfold
Chapter 14: Vatican Cameos
Chapter 15: Angry Girlfriends and Bad News
Chapter 16: So Maybe My Dad Does Work at Aperature Science
Chapter 17: Dia
Chapter 18: Everybody's Got A Darkside
Chapter 19: We Interrupt You Normal Story...
Hello!
Chapter 20: The Chapter Where Everything Goes Haywire
Chapter 21: ...
Chapter 22: The Life of a Dead Girl
Chapter 23: I Try to Save the World and I Embarrass Myself
Chapter 24: From out of the Darkness...
Chapter 25: ... And Into The Light
Epilogue
Chapter ~: And One Last Thing
Book 2 is UP!

Chapter 10: Engineer, Biochemist and Avenger

13K 484 219
By MaddieTehFangirl

-Entry created on: 5/19/2013-

"They don't," Jemma confirmed as we arrived at the lab.

"We're just geniuses," Leo stated with just a hint of cockiness.

We entered the futuristic lab, Jemma and Leo each going to a table. The lab itself was entirely silvery white, with big two big windows with sliding glass doors facing the two corridors to the left and right. There were various types of equipment on the tables and the walls, all looking high tech and brand new.

"This is so coo-" I was cut off as I felt like I was being pulled down to the ground.

It barely bothered Jemma and Leo. "The helicarrier must've just taken off," Leo explained, not looking up from what looked to be a Wii U controller.

A small, flying robot launched itself off the table, hovered, then flew up to my eye level.

"Did you make this?" I asked, admiring the small robot.

I reached out to examine it, but when I touched it, it went tumbling to the ground. I quickly grabbed it.

"Sorry!" I apologized quickly.

"Yes, it's fine, just a prototype. I only came up with the idea last week. I want to build a whole fleet of them, so they could analyze things for me," He rambled as I handed it to him.

"That's awesome," I admired. "Did you use a micro-exciter to heat the fuel inside it to create thrust?"

(Disclaimer: Micro-exciters don't exist. Yet.)

"Yes... How did you know?" Leo asked, looking at me slightly bewildered.

"Well, water is typically used as a cooling agent. I am currently basically water, there for, my touch would cause it to cool and stop moving," I explained my thought process.

"See! I told you she wasn't born with it!" Jemma suddenly exclaimed.

"How can you tell?!" Leo yelled back, frustrated.

"She said currently! If she was born with it, she would have said 'I am', but 'currently' implies she hasn't had it for long!" Jemma deduced. "She's probably only had them for a week!"

"Wrong," I stated simply. "About 8 hours."

"SuperWhoLockian?" Jemma asked with a small smile.

"Duh," I smirked. "Now, enough about me. All I know is your first names and that you're geniuses."

"Leo Fitz, engineer."

"Jemma Simmons, biochemist."

"Biochemist. Huh. Actually, do you think you could help me figure out how the heck I am controlling water?" I asked.

"Of course. But first I need to know what happened exactly."

-

"You could've been more gentle," I whined, rubbing my arm where the needle Simmons had impaled me seconds earlier.

(AN: wined is treating people to dinner. Whinnied is the sound a horse makes. Whined is complaining. Get it straight.)

Jemma just rolled her eyes as she studied my blood inside the syringe.

I had explained what happened to me, all the way from my first encounter with Loki to the battle on the way to the

The blood she had taken was from just below the large gash where the chemicals had originally got in. Jemma originally wanted to take it from the wound itself, but even touching the needle to it caused extreme pain.

Jemma handed me a syringe filled with a ocean blue liquid.

"What is this?" I asked, studying it.

"This is your blood... In the eight hours, the chemicals you spilled entered your bloodstream and altered it drastically. Fascinating," Jemma analyzed.

"So it's completely integrated into my bloodstream?" I asked, absentmindedly moving my blood in the syringe with my powers.

"To put it simply, yep," She replied, taking it back.

She put a few drops onto a microscope slide, pressed a piece of glass over it and slid it into the microscope.

While she silently studied it, Leo and I talked.

"I'll bet you'll never work on the helicarrier after this, huh?" I guessed.

"What do you mean?" Leo looked up from his robot, slightly confused.

"Welp, you did just get threatened by a superior officer at gun point," I pointed out.

"Fair point, but Jemma's here, and where ever she is I'm happy. Besides, I can't really blame him. It wasn't him doing it. It was that bloody scepter," Leo admitted.

Even though my entire fangirl being was screaming to me that Leo just professed his love for Jemma, there for sailing my ship (which I have named FitzSimmons), I focused on his last sentence.

"You mean it was Loki."

"No, I mean the scepter."

"Which is Loki's."

"Trust me, this sounds as crazy to me as it does to you, but I honestly don't think Loki is acting on his own will," Fitz looked me in the eye and admitted it.

Let me just give you a little view into my head at this point:

NO. NOPE. NUH UH. NO WAY. HORNS OF DOOM IS A JERK. RIGHT? MAYBE? SORTA?

So far, I had just thought of Loki as an evil villain, like a Dalek. No remorse, no feelings, no chance that there was more to him than met the eye.

I remembered the unsettling blue eyes Loki had when we first met. Was it possible that his real eyes weren't blue? That he was under a spell of his own?

The more I considered this, the more I doubted my opinion on, well, everything.

Maybe Daleks were only evil because they were forced to become torn up mutations incapable of emotions to be able to match the Doctor... No. I can't afford to think like that.

"I... But... Holy crap.... I have to go find Thor. Stay here!" I yelled, starting to run towards the door.

"Wait! Hold up... Um, what's your name?" Leo called after me.

"Oh! I forgot. I'm Lyla Davidson, Avenger," I smiled, using the title for the first time.

Leo looked at me, awestruck, before I ran off to find Thor.

I ran around the helicarrier, completely lost. That thing is absolutely huge.

"THOR?!? WHERE ARE YOU?" I yelled, completely giving up on trying not to call attention to myself.

"Lady Son of David?" I heard Thor ask from behind me.

I turned around to face the Asgardian, who was in the small kitchen behind me double fisting two packs of poptarts.

"Have you been here the entire time? I ran past this six times..." I groaned as I entered the doorway.

"Yes, I have. I wondered why you kept running past," Thor unintentionally made fun of me.

"Funny question, what color are Loki's eyes?" I asked, pretending it was casual.

"You have seen them, certainly. Why must you know?" He implored.

"I have. When I saw them they were blue. Just double checking," I shrugged, leaning against the doorway.

"Blue? I assure you, they are green."

I jerked up straight, unable to believe what I was hearing.

"Green? Are you 100% sure?" I asked, getting excited.

"Of course I'm sure. I'm his brother," Thor stated, with a hint of sadness. "You think that he might be under some kind of spell, don't you?"

I nodded, hoping I was right. "Thor, if you're sure his eyes are green, this could mean he isn't guilty. That none of this was him! That it was no one's fault!"

"I entertained the possibility myself, but there is no way. As much as I wish it were true, Loki has acted out of his own will," Thor sadly shot down Leo's theory.

"But Thor-"

"Lady Davidson, listen. There is good and evil in everyone. Though you may not want to believe it, my brother acted on his evil. No spell could make him do such a thing. Plus, there was no time. From the point he learned of his parentage to the point he attempted to take over Midgard, there was no time for this to have come to be," Thor explained, then walking past me out of the room.

I thought about what Thor had said and realized he was probably right. It was his brother, and I had no right to try and make guesses about him. He would know long before I would, right?

Wrong. I just didn't know it yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.2K 40
🚨[HEAVY EDITING (editing on hold)]🚨 DISCLAIMER! This story was made in 2020 so any information about future Marvel works will be as if the reader i...
10.8K 191 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
27.3K 573 11
A year after S.H.I.E.L.D. has fallen, Freya and Steve's relationship is stronger than ever. Completely in love and true best friends, they won't let...
3.7K 79 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...