Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi

21 1 1
By Mysi85

Yuna shut down her power. The pain in her heart grew in intensity. She began to tremble and sob harder. More tears pushed from her eye and mingled with the blood on her face.

Comforting, Shinji put his hand on hers. Then he entered into her thoughts and looked for the memories of last night.

He saw how she had given everything to protect her friends from Tirr. How she'd talked to the monster as if it was the most normal thing in the world. How they'd shared the sunset together.

Then everything became hectic as Yoshiro appeared. Within seconds, the situation changed for the worse and then they plunged into the depths.

***

Yuna stretched her hand out with all her might. There were only two or three centimeters between them, but to her it seemed like an endless, insurmountable distance. She reached again for him, but it was not enough.

"Forgive me, uncle."

They hit with a thud on the roof of the adjoining building. The girl heard the breaking and splintering of bones. She was pitched sideways, staring directly into Yoshiro's face, which was facing hers. A pool of blood began to spread beneath him. Tears gathered in her eye and her breathing sped up.

"Yoshiro..."

She pushed herself up. Tirr's screams could still be heard from the roof, but then he suddenly stopped. She looked up. Had he fled? They had only fallen like six stories. Fortunately, Tirr had thrown her over one of the buildings close to the Takagi-Tower. Her left arm, which had taken up most of the impact, was throbbing.

A groan came from the mouth of the Oni beside her.

"Uncle!" The girl forgot her pain and squirmed on her knees over to him. "Yoshiro!" She didn't dare to touch him. She didn't want to cause him even more pain.

"Yu... Yuna..." The glow of his eyes appeared when he opened them.

"Uncle!" The tears ran down her cheek. He lived! Thank God.

He took a shallow breath. "Are you all right?"

"Yes. What should I do?"

He squinted. "Tirr?"

"Vanished. He's gone."

"Good..." He exhaled, grimacing. A coughing shook him and blood splattered on Yuna's knee.

Intimidated she recoiled and looked at the stain, which ran from his mouth to her kneecap. "You need help. I'll get Kitsune."

"No..."

"But he can help you. You will be healthy again."

He gasped for breath, while more blood dripped from his mouth. "I'm dying..."

Despair took possession of the huntress's heart. "No! You can make it!"

Tormented, Yoshiro opened his eyes. "I'm dying..."

"You can't die!" The flow of her tears became more intense. "You can't!"

"I'm... glad... you're... all right..."

"Don't leave me!"

Trembling, she stared at the Oni. Uneasy she shifted her weight back and forth, while she searched for a solution for this scenario. Yoshiro seemed to gather himself. He took a few flat breaths, then he stared directly into Yuna's eye.

"Kill me!"

The girl flinched shocked. "What?!"

"Kill me."

"No!" She shook her head.

"You need to!"

"No!" Yuna shook uncontrollably. Her breathing was irregular and she felt at the same time hot and cold. The fine hairs on her bare forearms stood up alarmed.

He closed his eyes and gasped for breath. "You need... my power..."

"I'll get help!"

"Too... late..."

"No! No! You're lying!" She slammed her fist on the concrete beneath them. "YOU'RE LYING!" More tears slid down her cheek.

"I beg you..."

"No," she breathed with a tearful voice.

His voice was only the shadow of a whisper. "Kill me... take my... power."

"I can't." Yuna started crying bitterly. "Don't do that to me."

"I beg you..." The blue-haired looked at him, while the tears rolled down her cheek. Incredulous she shook her head. "Please... let me... continue... to help..."

She hit her left hand over her mouth to stop her sobs. She shook her head. "No..."

"Please..." He opened his eyes again. Despite the pain he had to bear, and the knowledge that he would die, the look in his eyes was clear. "Please..."

"I can't do this. I need you. I need you alive." With a trembling hand she stroked his head. "Please... tell me how I can save you. Please..."

"There's no time..."

Yuna grabbed her braids and yanked on them. Desperate, she gritted her teeth and cried out in pain. Completely overwhelmed, she stared at the dying man who meant so much to her. Sobbing and crying, she stroked him again.

"He's right."

"No!"

"Take his power. It will make us stronger. Then we will kill Tirr."

"I can't do this!"

"That's okay."

A jolt went through the girl. Yuna turned her head and looked for the knife on the roof. She had it in her hand, during the fall. She discovered it about a meter beside herself. She crawled over and picked the knife up.

"No! No! No!"

"You can't stop me. You're weak."

With the knife in her hand, she crawled back to Yoshiro. "Yes... do it..." More blood flowed from his mouth.

The girl nodded. She turned her mentor on the back. Tormented, the Oni moaned loudly and opened his eyes wide, while bloody foam gathered in front of his mouth. The huntress placed the knife over Yoshiro's heart. She raised the blade above her head and then stabbed him.

"NO!!!" The blue haired screamed in her mind, in her head, but no sound came from her lips.

The knife struck on his chest and buried itself deep inside. Yoshiro groaned tortured. Hot, red blood gushed from the wound.

"NO! NO!" cried Yuna and ripped the knife out. "NO!"

"Thank you..." breathed Yoshiro.

"Yoshiro! I love you!" Chattering landed the knife on the roof. She reached for his face and stroked it impetuously. "I love you! I'm sorry!" Her mentor had a relaxed smile on his bloody mouth. The red glow of his eyes extinguished. "I love you!" The girl rubbed her bloody hands over his face. An unstoppable flow of hot tears pushed from her eye. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

The Oni wasn't breathing anymore. Shocked and upset the girl stared at her mentor. What had she done? She had killed him. She had murdered her mentor, her own 'uncle', her only ally.

She waited for him to dissolve, but nothing happened. Was he possibly still alive? A glimmer of hope stirred in her.

"Uncle?" sobbed the blue-haired. Out of sheer confusion she even stopped crying. Carefully, she reached out with her right hand and touched him on the shoulder.

"Uncle?" She shook him a little and sniffled.

"Yoshiro?" The glimmer of hope faded and finally vanished. The tears flowed on again. She shook him more. "Yoshiro..."

She stared on at him. Slowly his appearance altered. The horns dissolved. His yellow skin became normal. The pointed teeth disappeared from his mouth. What stayed was his human body. What happened to him?

The girl leaned over him. She broke down and cried, destroyed by despair and grief.

***

"Are you all right, Shi-chan?" Worried looked Kenji at his friend. Yuna stared at the floor.

The telepath blinked a few times and gasped for air. He had been completely passed out, as the memories of the girl had swallowed him. The undertaker touched his face and noticed that he had started to cry. The violent emotions of the girl had deeply shocked him. "Yes..."

"So?"

Shinji looked over to the huntress. "I'm very sorry for what you had to go through." The girl nodded absently.

"Did she kill him?"

Slowly nodded the undertaker. "Yes."

"FUCK!" The pyromancer touched his head and walked upset in a circle. Sparks rose up from the fur of his unclothed forearms.

"Calm down, Kenji-kun."

"I should calm down?! She killed Yoshiro!" Flames glowed from his eyes.

"It was not her fault."

The fire-starter grunted dismissively. "Great. Then he was killed by a stupid accident. That doesn't make it better!"

Shinji gave him an angry look. "Shut your mouth! You have no idea what she had to go through!"

"I'm sorry that I can't read minds!"

The red-scaled waved. "We must report to Haruka."

"She will kill her."

"I don't think so." The undertaker rose from the sofa and buttoned his jacket. He wiped the tear residues away with his hands, then turned back to the blue-haired. "It was correct to take his power. It would have been a waste if he had simply died like that."

"No. It was wrong. I killed my best friend. My only friend in this world," stammered Yuna.

"We are also your friends, Masuda-san. We are on your side," assured the telepath.

"No. I have no friends. Everyone who comes near me dies."

The red-scaled Oni showed a reassuring smile. "I know. Right now you are not receptive for advice. Mourn for now. Can we do anything for you?"

The girl shook her head in disgust. "No. Just leave me alone."

"Should we contact someone for you? Your roommates, perhaps? They are very worried about you."

The huntress shook her head again. "No. They're better off without me. Everyone is better off without me."

"Yuna-chan..." Kenji wanted to tell her something encouraging, but he lacked the words.

"It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for what has happened." Shinji's voice rang with conviction.

She looked at the undertaker. "How could it not be my fault? I rammed the knife into his chest."

"He would have died anyway. If anyone is to blame, then Tirr. Only he is to blame."

"Just go already. I want to be alone."

The two Oni exchanged a gaze. "We will keep you up to date, Masuda-san. Please be good to yourself. You have suffered so many terrible losses in the past month."

"Shut up!" Yuna stared at him. "Stop listening to my thoughts and leave me alone!"

Kenji intervened. "Yuna-chan... we only want to help you."

She began to cry again. "Just leave me alone."

"Okay. Get well soon, Yuna-chan. My condolences."

"I agree with him. We will inform Haruka and then we'll see. Don't hesitate to call us if you should need anything. We want to help you, Masuda-san."

"JUST GO ALREADY!" cried the girl.

"Don't do anything rash, okay?"

The two Oni left the blue-haired behind and exited the warehouse. Silently, they walked across the square to Shinji's car.

"Do you think it is wise to leave her alone?" Kenji asked uncertainly, when they reached the vehicle.

"She must be able to mourn. We can't do anything at the moment for her. You drive. I'll call Haruka and inform her."

They got into the car and the pyromant started the engine. He looked up into the sky. "Looks like rain."

---

So, the final ten chapters are coming, then 'Onihunter Yuna' is finished. Fortunately 'Onihunter Yuna 2' is right around the corner and I'm planning on continue to publish right away. ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 43 36
The devil is him...and she fall in love with the devil him self. • ~~~~~~~ • Zhyke Yakuri, daughter of a great swordsman and...
46.7K 1.2K 21
|| 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 || 𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 本物の悪魔 ⬎ "𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚒𝚜 �...
1.8K 455 17
*No-Dah-chee* Book One in the Warrior of Dreams series! She moved so quick that her aura left behind afterimages, causing a blue spider web-like scen...
928 144 30
Most people assume Miu is a timid, shy girl, but actually she's quite a down to earth kind of gal. She grew up in the Hyakuya orphanage alongside wit...