Arrogant Alpha. Joshaya.

By taylorcochran93

Maya is a rogue and left her pack willingly when she was 12 years old. After 6 years of living alone and bein... More

Chapter.1.Rogue.<3
Chapter.2.First Meeting.
Chapter.3.A Simple Game of Chase.<3
Chapter.4.Make Mate Happy.<3
Chapter.5.They Do NOT Sparkle in the Sun.<3
Chapter.6.I Don't Share.<3
Chapter.7.Punishment.<3
Chapter.8.Punishment II.Josh's POV.<3
Chapter.9.Reality of Consequences.<3 Riley's POV.
Chapter.10.Jax.<3
Chapter.11.Enter Vanessa.<3
Chapter.12.Shut Your Beautiful Face.<3
Chapter.13.Mine.<3
Chapter.14.Truth.<3.
Chapter.15.Routine.<3
Chapter.16.A Male and His Female.<3
Chapter.17.Made for Me.<3.
Chapter.18.Feather Filled Rectangle.<3
Chapter.19.Date.<3
Chapter.20.Threat.<3
Chapter.21.A Female's Love.<3
Chapter.22.Fighting Fire with Fire.<3
Chapter.23.Attack.
Chapter.24.Reunited.<3.
Chapter.25.Who.<3
Chapter.26.Physical vs. Emotional.<3.
Chapter.27.Seer.<3
Chapter.28.Breaking a Bond.<3.
Chapter.29.Building a Bond.<3.
Chapter.30.Going Home.<3.
Chapter.31.Welcome Home.<3
Chapter.32.Projection.<3
Chapter.33.Finding the Mole.<3
Chapter.34.Where Your Loyalties Lie.<3
Chapter.35.Welcome the Beta.<3
Chapter.36.Enter Arabella.<3
Chapter.37.Guardian Kris.<3
Chapter.38.Lighting The Damn Match.<3
Chapter.39.Oh My Mate.<3
Chapter.40.Heat.<3
Chapter.41.Rescue Mission Part 1.<3
Chapter.42.Rescue Mission Part 2.<3
Chapter.43.Drones.<3
Chapter.44.Push Your Limits.<3
Chapter.45.I'm Going to Kill You.<3
Chapter.46.Captive.<3
Chapter.47.Broken.<3
Chapter.48.Howls of Sorrow.<3
Chapter.49.Please Remember.<3
Chapter.50.Progress.<3
Chapter.51.Waiting with Patience.<3
Chapter.52.Smackle's Story.<3
Chapter.53.Preparations.<3
Chapter.54.Sharing the Burden.<3
Chapter.55.Next.<3
Chapter.56.Once and for All.<3
Chapter.57.They're Here.<3
Chapter.59.Everything's Silent.<3
Chapter.60.The Aftermath.<3
Chapter.61.Made for one Another.<3
Chapter.62.Princess or Future Beta?<3
Chapter.63.To Happiness.<3
Chapter.64.I'm Being Selfish.<3
Chapter.65.Epilogue.<3
Arrogant Alpha One Shot.<3

Chapter.58.Save It.<3

1.3K 52 7
By taylorcochran93

"Baby girl, they're here."

Fear fluttered through me like never before. I've been in a lot of situations that required more than the average level of fear. I've faced Kermit more times than necessary, and came out alive no matter how hard my heart was thundering against my chest. I've faced several rogues at once, and never teared up. I've taken on a bear who had no human nature what so ever and still can't remember feeling this amount of dread. Probably because I know what he's capable of, if I get caught it will only be worse than what I've already experienced.

If that were possible.

Now I know it is best that I don't go to the battle field. "I need you upstairs baby girl. Lock the door to our room, and you get in the safe room if you have to. Do you remember the code to get in through our closet?" With my chin trembling and eyes welling up with tears, I nod. The date we met. "Don't you cry baby girl. Please don't cry." He envelops me in his arms and pecks my temple several times. "I love you, this is over, tonight we end this." My mate cups my face, Jax is beginning to take over. The true Alpha in him is coming to light. "Do you understand?"

"Yes Alpha."

He growls and presses his lips firmly against mine and moves them in a fervent manner. This isn't a goodbye kiss because like hell is he going anywhere. "I have to go."

"Go." I whisper knowing he needs to lead the wolves, he needs to lead three packs. After kissing me one more time he sprints back up the steps. Gulping and gathering my emotions, I get to work. After flipping the safety on, I shove both guns into my jeans and grab a duffel bag before loading it down with silver bullets. I even managed to grab a rifle with a scope for more accuracy. Never used one of those before, fingers crossed I won't have to.

'Riley, it's about to go down. Keep everyone calm and distracted but be prepared.'

Walking with an unmeasurable amount of determination I make my way through the pack house. Orders are being thrown everywhere as wolves flee towards the front of the house. I make brief eye contact with my mate who watches me saunter up the stairs, his gaze follows me all the way up to the top floor. When my fingertips touch the cool brass of the door knob, I feel his eyes fall from me. The hyperawareness I feel whenever he is around or watching eases, I can't feel the heat from his stare and my heart slows to a normal pace. 'I fucking love you Maya.'

'Come back to me Josh. Come back to me and show me just how much.'

Amber growls at me, 'we won't let anyone touch him'

I have no doubt that if he were in danger that she'd take over entirely and handle the situation. She isn't super happy about staying out of this fight anyways. Opening the door to our bedroom, I rip off my leather jacket and slide on one of Josh's tee shirts. With the window open so I can shoot, I don't want to risk anyone scenting me. My hair is thrown into a ponytail and I load all of my guns and prepare a few extra mags I had packed. My mate takes the point, his brother and my grandfather flanking him, Alpha's in their rightful place. Allen and Lucas flanking them, followed by the Gammas and then Xander and Xavier along with their groups. Where the hell is Kris?

Oh yeah, the plan.

Duh.

Slowly inching the window up, I watch as people emerge from the woodwork. Thunder claps and clouds hang heavily in the sky, threatening rainfall. My mother always said that when it rains the Moon Goddess is sad. Is she sad because she'll be welcoming home so many wolves to the moon tonight? It's not their time, as Luna to this pack I'll feel it. I'll feel the emotional connection I have to them detach. Damn it, I can't think this way.

Taking the point of the intruders is of course Kermit, side by side with a man I've never seen before. Scratch that, I have never seen him before but the red hair and bright green eyes are hard to not place. From the crackling at his fingertips, I realize he's the wizard. I also know he's related to Arabella in some way shape or form. Shit, Arabella?

"Arabella?" She's due tomorrow morning. We weren't expecting them to attack the moment they made it to our territory. We thought for sure they'd want to rest. Surely she'll come though, she should already know what's happening. She knows all.

I smell the rain before I actually see it falling. My heart pounds heavily against my chest as I see Kermit walking carefree towards my mate. My mate however is the opposite of carefree, I can see his tense shoulders and clenched fists from here along with a few veins protruding from his neck. I can tell the difference between our pack members and his brothers or my grandfathers. Mine are chomping at the bit, practically itching to tear into the intruders. Not just because of them trespassing, but for me. I'm not being conceited, I can feel it in the bond.

Not to mention the few mind links I receive.

'This is for you Luna.'

'For our Luna.'

"What the hell are you doing here Kermit?"

"It's Alpha to you, pup!"

Josh growls and prevents himself from taking a step forward. "You lost all respect the day you kidnapped my mate and tortured her you sick bastard." My mate continues before Kermit has a chance to speak. I'm sure he's hoping to end this war before it's started. "Thomas has found his mate, they'll die together. You have no use for Maya. I suggest you leave and choose to live another day."

"Not happening."

Stubborn bastard. "It's your funeral Kermit. I'm not preventing you from making a stupid decision not just for your sake but for your packs. Because after tonight you will have single handedly run them into the ground and for what? What will you have had to show for it? An alliance that still wouldn't have made any difference in pack ranks?" He's so sexy when he's being smart.

'Not that I don't agree Maya but it's best to not think about that stuff right now.'

'Point made. Sorry Amber.'

Inhaling deeply I focus back on the task at hand. Completely dismissing everything my mate has said, Kermit glances at the wolf to Josh's right. "William, what a lovely time to see you again. Seems as if age is finally catching up with you."

My grandfather nods, his face remaining impassive but I can tell seeing Kermit again is tearing him up inside. It's all in his eyes, which thanks to my wolf I can still see perfectly in the dark so far away. "You will pay for everything you have done. To my daughter and granddaughter Kermit. I may be old but you forget, I am stronger than you. Always have been, always will be." Goddess I hope that's true.

"Whatever you say." He snorts and glances to Eric. "Shadow Pack? Interesting choice, pup."

Eric sneers and takes a step forward, "You need to leave Kermit. You'll not be taking Maya, you won't be getting near her." Josh tenses at the mention of my name, I'm sure he was hoping to leave me out of this. That will only make him lose control.

Kermit chuckles and a few of the men I recognize from my capture laugh along with him. "I have no doubt that Alpha Thomas is held, I have no doubt your intention is to put him to death. My intention here is to kill every single wolf that means something to her. And once I do that, I'll be taking Thomas and Maya. The wedding will go on as planned, if he has found his mate I will kill her."

"He won't survive, not again." Josh mutters, "Not that it matters because your dream will not come to fruition. I am going to capture you Kermit, Maya will be the one to kill you and a special friend of ours will ensure that even in the afterlife you never make it to the moon. You will never be at peace Kermit."

Rain pours down steadily now, I find myself leveling out my breathing. My mate is in danger, in fact he's leading it and throwing himself into it. I so desperately want to be down there to protect him. But seeing as I'm practically shaking, it's best that I'm here. I'm hoping once everything begins my fight or flight instinct will kick in. And I always, always fight. "I've seen everything you've done to her. I've felt what you've done to her and if your pack knew the monster that you truly are, they wouldn't be following you so blindly." His focus diverts to the wolves behind him, "HAS HE EVER TAKEN LASHES FOR YOU?! No, he's been the one dealing them out. Maya, Maya has defended and taken punishment for an Omega directly from the wolf who claimed to be her father."

"SHUT UP PUP!"

He's striking nerves, whether it's intentional or not I'm not quite sure. "YOU STOLE LUNA KATIE AWAY FROM HER ALPHA MATE – KILLING HIM IN THE PROCESS – AND SHOWCASED HER OFF AS IF SHE BELONGED TO YOU! BUT SHE NEVER BELONGED TO YOU, SHE'S AT THE MOON WITH HER TRUE MATE RIGHT NOW!" Josh's voice becomes dangerously calm as he takes a step forward, "You won't be doing the same thing to Maya. No one else will claim what is mine and you will die for even trying."

As soon as Kermit takes a step forward, I know he's moving to attack. "NOW!" Josh yells at the top of his lungs. Two thirds of our forces sprint towards the enemy with one collective goal, kill. Bodies collide together, people are tackled to the muddy ground, growls and grunts are heard from afar. My finger rests on the trigger as my eyes continue to scan the battlefield looking for a wolf that could use our aid. The heavy drops of the water and the gusty wind will make any shot difficult.

Not impossible.

But difficult I'd have to account for wind variation and because of the rain, longer range shots will be less likely. Though I'll do what I have to for my pack. I watch – almost magnetized – as my mate avidly searches for Kermit. The wizard stays off to the side, seemingly bored. Why is he even here? Josh strikes down another wolf in his path when his eyes set on the man, no he isn't a man. When Josh's eyes set on the being that is Kermit. Aiming my gun directly at Kermit I watch as my mate sprints his direction, shifting into his wolf mid stride. I didn't think anything could take my eyes off my mate and what he's about to do. Until I hear the distinct sound of Lucas. Wildly my eyes roam around the massacred field, 2 wolves hover over a still human Lucas. Gritting my teeth, I rise to my full height and take aim.

Once.

Twice.

Everyone who isn't our pack freezes giving us an obvious advantage. Call us old fashioned, but wolves don't normally bring guns to these fights. Lucas stands up and luckily doesn't find me with his gaze. However, someone does find me. Emeralds stare up at me, eyes filled with humor as he brings his hands up as if he's about to snap. "Oh shit." I whisper, grabbing my gun I back up into the far corner of my room.

"Arabella." I mumble under my breath knowing that she's going to be the only one who could possibly save me at this point. I can hold my own but not for long.

As soon as I see a figure appearing before me, I'm holding up my gun and firing. Once.

Twice.

Three times.

It seems to be doing no good. Well damn. He chuckles as he fully appears and grins wildly. "Real smart. In all my years, I thought wolves would have had some sort of respect."

"We aren't in the fucking 1800's anymore where each side takes turns shooting one another." I mumble and stuff the gun in the back of my jeans again. "And don't begin to lecture me on respect. Working for the man who killed my mother, and the man who tortured me to the brink of becoming nothing. You're the last one who should be handing out words of wisdom. You are just as guilty."

He shrugs as if what he's done has no consequence. Oh if only I could give it to him. "I have my reasons. Not that a lowly wolf could understand."

"Lowly wolf? Weren't you mated to a wolf?" When his normal gaze flickers towards a glare quicker than I can blink, I realize I've hit the nail on the head. Josh's assumption on Arabella being a hybrid were in fact true. Her witch side had won out. "From the look in your eyes, she was anything but lowly."

As soon as I see the electricity on the edge of his fingertips, I know I have to keep moving to avoid getting hit with whatever it is he's planning on doing to me. "You are coming with me."

"Like hell I am." Sprinting in a zig zag motion I make it to him free and clear, my fist connecting to his face. Even I know I'm not as strong as I used to be. I can feel how brittle my bones were in that one hit but I don't stop to linger on it. Taking another swipe at his ribs, I find myself full of pride as he hunches over and my knee connects to his face. Wrapping my left arm around his neck, I jump and snake my legs around his shoulder, and pull his arm backwards with my right hand. Shouts of pain echo off the walls as I apply pressure to his shoulder. "I am never going back there, never again." With the final word, a sickening crack reverberates in my ears.

I don't even know how he does it, but I'm rammed into the wall and falling to the floor. I know I have to get up and fast, a snap of his fingers and he's healed. Before he can even lift up his hand I'm tackling him to the floor again. I can already feel my energy fading and fast. "You're becoming quite the nuisance." Obviously Kermit wants me alive or I would be dead by now.

"It's what I'm known for." My knee connects hastily to his groin, my fist attacking his ribs several times. He lands a hit on me, knocking me down for 2 seconds. I know I'm screwed when I hear two snaps.

One from him and the other from his shoulder healing. We both rise off the floor, I'm trying to map out my next move. I can't make it to the safe room, I don't understand why bullets wouldn't work on him and I don't know enough about witches to know what their weaknesses are. And this is what I get for not going to school for 6 years. "I see I've underestimated you."

"You must also see my resilience. You must also see my unwavering ability to fight until I take my last breath. I've been doing it for many years, and I am very, very good at it. The only way you are going to get me out of this room is by killing me."

As if he has better things to do he simply shakes his head, "No that won't do. You're pretty important." When his eyes flicker towards my fists that are clenching he clicks his tongue. Admonishing me for being mad? Damn it, I have more than a right to be mad. "You won't get past me again. I've taken it easy on you up until this point." I have no doubt about that, if he's stronger than Arabella then he should have no issue with me.

Does he enjoy toying with me? "I don't need to get past you. I just need to kill you."

"That won't happen either. Find a new conquest."

Shaking my head, I take a shaky step forward. "I won't' be able to. The moment you bring me down there to Kermit, I die.

"That's not my problem."

Gritting my teeth together I lash out, my claws flying from my fingertips as I jump.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

For the longest time I didn't know how I was going to die. I more so knew who was going to kill me, who would have to live with the guilt of washing the blood off of their hands. Actually there would probably be no guilt.

I never knew what to expect as I was dying.

I just knew that I was going to die at the hands of Kermit. Funnily enough, I'm dying at the hands of the right hand man to Kermit. Things were going well until I lost my temper.

'That's not my problem'

If I thought it would help I'd say 'like father like daughter'. Anyways back to the situation at hand. I'm dying. He's not supposed to kill me, I'm aware but when I'm constantly drifting in and out of consciousness. Two things happen. One, you think to yourself 'how the hell do I get out of this predicament'. That thought lasts for mere seconds as it registers in your brain that you don't. Secondly, for me at least, I shut my eyes and remember all the people of whom I loved. I was able to save Lucas, my death won't be in vain. I fought for as long as possible but he used his stupid magic so he's out of fist throwing and leg kicking range.

I'm several feet off the ground now, my face I'm sure turning an unnatural shade of ugly purple. "Why are you doing this?" My voice is coming out all girdled and broken but he catches the drift of my question.

"Family. I'm protecting the only family I have left."

My fingers work to remove the pressure off my throat with zero to no luck since the hold is invisible. Ugh, so infuriating. "I understand." And I do. The things I'd do for Josh, Riley and a numerous amount of people are insurmountable.

Feeling a gush of wind, I pray to the Goddess that it's someone who can save me. And my prayers have been answered. There in all her glory stands Arabella, her eyes a dangerous shade of lilac, her flaming red hair has a certain glow, and her fingers crackling at her side as she glowers at who I'm assuming is her father. Thank you Goddess. "If you want her father, you'll have to get through me. I am not the 10 year old that you once left behind."

"Arabella –

"Save it." She snaps before slamming his body painfully into a wall.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

So how is everyone feeling about Arabella?

This is only part 1 of the battle. I know I said this like 10 chapters ago but this story is almost finished. I just keep finding ways to prolong it so I do. Anyways, I hope you loved it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 52.6K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
501K 17.9K 53
There are 12 werewolf packs in the United States: six of them are called peaceful and the other six are called bloodthirsty. In the six bloodthirsty...
2.7K 207 35
Kyleigh has always been a wild child. A past filled with neglect, sexual addiction, alcohol/drug abuse, and a minimized sense of self worth haunts he...
91.3K 6.1K 77
**Be warned this Book is for people 18 years and older.** Igor Pack, or better known as the Rogue Pack. They are dangerous. Unpredictable. Chaotic. W...