hurricane // bridgit mendler

由 hakuna_

[book one of the hurricane trilogy] In which a girl is forced to be with a boy // copyright © hakuna_ 更多

hurricane
[prologue]
[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
Contest Time!
[seven]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty-one]
[twenty-two]
[twenty-three]
Author's Note: PLEASE READ
[twenty-four]
[twenty-five]
[twenty-six]
[twenty-seven]
[twenty-eight]
[twenty-nine]
[thirty]
[thirty-one]
[thirty-two]
[thirty-three]
[thirty-four]
[thirty-five]
[thirty-six]
[thirty-seven]
Very, Very Exciting and Important Note!
[thirty-eight]
Eeeek! Trailer!
[forty]
Author's Note

[thirty-nine]

408 6 1
由 hakuna_

Hurricane Chapter 39

Bridgit's POV

Thanksgiving Day

I exhaled deeply as my knuckles rapped on the white wooden door thrice. I looked behind me and saw Harry standing there, hands in his suit pant's pockets.

It was my mom who opened the door.

She flushed as she saw me. I haven't talked to her in just about two or three weeks, ever since she scolded me in the car.

"Hi Bridgit," she said sheepishly. I sighed and pulled her in for a hug. It didn't matter what happened, I missed her.

"I'm sorry, Mom," I sincerely apologized.

"No, I'm sorry Bridge," she replied, kissing my forehead as she released me. "You're 21 years old and you're allowed to do what you please, even if it's traveling."

"I should visit more," I admitted.

"You visit just enough," she replied, smiling. "And your brother is inside, waiting to surf for the biggest slice of pie."

I grinned. I was wearing my light purple skintight surf suit and I was ready to kick my brother's arse.

"And, Harry honey, your Mom called and said that she and Gemma plan on coming over. They should be here by three. But, until then, Bridgit's dad is in the living room watching football."

"American football," I whispered to him. "And root for the Redskins, never the Giants. He'll murder you and throw you in the ocean," I warned him as my mom led the way into the house.

"I'll take note of that," he replied, a bit nervously. "I don't even understand American football."

I laughed. "Well, then, you'd better Google it." I kissed him before he reluctantly joined Dad in the living room. I went straight to the kitchen, where it already smelled like food and love.

"Hi Nick," I greeted my little brother happily. However, he looked more happy than I did as he pulled on his surf suit. "What's up, you look like you've just seen Ariana Grande."

He laughed and shook his head as he pulled his arms through his surf suit. He pointed to the wall where our surfboards were. "I have some news, Bridge, and you're gonna love it."

I looked questioningly at my mom, but she just shooed us off to the front door.

Once we were out of the door and jogging to the shore with our surf boards, I turned my head to stare at a still-grinning Nick.

"You look like the cat from Alice in Wonderland, Nick, what's up?"

He looked back at me as we reached the water. "Mom said I can go."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Mom said I could go with you to England!"

I smiled widely at him. I thought that Mom wouldn't actually take Nick's request seriously, but she said yes. Yes!

We decided on best of 5. This time, Nick got 3 wins and I got 2 wins.

"Yes!" He exclaimed happily, running down the beach. "What pie is it tonight? Apple? Hell yeah!"

I laughed and I saw Harry pacing our patio. Nick looked at me as we neared him and I shrugged.

"Where's my dad?" I asked. He stopped and acknowledged me with his eyes.

"Dani," he said, biting his lip.

"What?"

"Dani's here! And Perrie and the boys are supposed to come with Lola and Shane in a couple of hours."

"So?" Nick passed us to go inside, not wanting to hear my boyfriend's ranting.

"And Sophia, Bridgit! Sophia and Liam?! Liam and Dani ended months ago and she....how does she even know where you live?!"

I shrugged. "I might've told her this address once. Where is she?"

He nodded his head towards the house. "In there with your mum."

My eyes flickered to his worried face and sighed. "It's fine, Harry. Dani's a hot dancer. She probably has a boyfriend already."

He looked down at me. "You're right."

"Of course I am. Now, could you please help me take this suit off so I can go inside and get ready for all of our...guests."

I turned and brushed my hair away from my back. It's gotten a bit longer than it was when I cut it.

Harry zipped the zipper down and I pulled the surf suit off, leaving me in my bikini.

"I like your two-piece," Harry whispered into my ear as his hands ran up and down my shoulders. I shuddered involuntarily.

"My parents are inside and my dad's probably looking for you," I reminded him, turning around. I went on my toes and kissed him softly. "And I have to talk to Dani."

He gave me a strained smile and walked into the house. I followed closely behind him. We split once we reached the living room. He went back on the couch to entertan my all-too-friendless dad and I entered the kitchen.

"I didn't believe Harry, but here you are," I said in surprise as I looked at Danielle Peazer. Her curly brown hair framed her face perfectly. She was the kind of pretty that made you think, 'Give me your skin NOW.'

Dani was Italian, English, and...Guyanese? Yeah, Guyanese. And she was a dancer. And a model. And a cheerleader. And a ballerina. As I stood there, thinking about all of the things that made this girl perfect, I couldn't help but truly wonder, 'Why did Danielle and Liam break up?'

"Hi Bridgit!" She exclaimed brightly, hopping up to give me a hug. I hugged her back.

"Hey Dani...what brings you to my side of the world?"

She pulled back and a huge smile was present on her face. "Perrie invited me. The wedding's in about two months and we have dresses to buy, etc. etc."

(A/N: GODDAMMIT, THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED IN 2015 IN REAL LIFE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!)

"I thought the wedding's in Fiji," I said. "At least, that's what Zayn told Harry."

"It is. But, we're going to do all of the planning over the phone. Now, where is she?"

Just then, I heard the doorbell ring.

"They're early," I commented as I moved from the kitchen and opened the door. Lola, Shane, Zayn, Perrie, Liam, Sophia, Louis, Niall, and Leigh Anne all stood there.

"Where are the rest of the girls?" I asked, looking from Leigh to Perrie.

"Jade and Jesy both have family here, so they're spending Thanksgiving with them." Leigh responded.

"Oh," I said and began to usher them in. That is, until I realized why that wasn't such a good idea. "You all- wait here," I said before starting towards the living room. I saw Harry and Dad watching the game.

"Harry, we have a situation," I said. He looked up at me, confused. But, after a moment, he realized what I was talking about and got up and followed me to the front door. However, Dani was still there, hence the awkward silence and stares.

"Dani, Perrie, Sophia, Leigh...shouldn't we all just go an work on the wedding plans?" I asked lightly, not immediately realizing that I just suggested that Sophia and Dani be put in the same room together. And, even if Sophia didn't know Dani, Dani definitely knew her.

"Yeah, and Bridgit's dad is in the living room watching American football," Harry added. We went our separate ways.

Harry's POV

"Harry...why in the hell is my ex here?!" Liam asked, panicked. Shane had already left for Bridgit's dad, uninterested in our relationship drama.

My phone buzzed, showing a text from Bridgit.

"Perrie wants to go over wedding plans and apparently, Dani's a bridesmaid."

"What? But Sophie's a bridesmaid! Is your fiancée out of her bloody mind, Zayn?"

Zayn's eyes flickered to Liam. "Don't put this on us, Liam. You and Dani...you guys broke up on weird terms earlier this year and that is NOT our problem."

There was silence as we all stood awkwardly in the hallway. I didn't really know why Dani and Liam broke up, not officially. All I knew was that things weren't 'working out' between them.

"What really happened?" Niall asked for me.

"Nothing," was all Liam was able to reply before Mrs. Mendler poked her from the kitchen.

"Boys, I know you don't care to accompany my husband in the living room for his exaggerated remarks towards the game, so come here and give me a hand."

---

After a couple of hours of laughing and burning food, Thanksgiving dinner was finished. Mrs. Mendler called the girls and Mr. Mendler into the kitchen.

Dani arrived first. She was visibly sour and avoided any eye contact with Liam. Then came Perrie and Leigh, who were chatting and laughing. She sat down at the table between her and Zayn. Next, Lola and Nick came in. And finally (and this was a surprise), Bridgit, Jonas, Shane, and her dad arrived. Bridge and Shane seemed to have patched things up and Bridge wasn't kidding when she said that her dad likes Shane.

"Aah, Nick Number Two, I see you've cared to join us," Ms. Mendler remarked brightly.

"Yeah, there's a snowstorm back home, so I couldn't spend Thanksgiving with my family. As you guys are like my second family, so why not?"

Bridgit grinned at his comment. "Well, I'm glad you're here. We have much to catch up on. For example: where's Selena?"

Jonas flushed, so Bridge waved off the question for his benefit.

We all sat down as Mrs. Mendler distributed the food onto the table, we said our graces, and we began to eat.

"So, Liam, how long have you and Sophie been together?" Bridgit's mum asked. I gave Bridge a sideways glance and she shrugged at me. I don't even think Mrs. Mendler met Liam before today.

I saw Dani tense as Liam open his mouth to respond.

"A couple of months, ma'am. About three or four to be exact."

"That's nice."

The table was silent, so Bridgit piped up so that the tension would fade. "Perrie and Zayn's wedding is going to be in Fiji, guys. How cool is that."

Zayn took the bait. "Tomorrow, we're going to go tux shopping; the Best Man and groomsmen and I, I mean."

"And my Maid of Honor-" Perrie smiled at Bridge. "Bridesmaids and I are going to go dress shopping."

"Just don't pick out the white one," Leigh joked. "God knows you've crossed that bridge already...multiple times."

We laughed and Dani seemed to have relaxed, because she was the next one to speak. "Too bad Ellie's not going to be here." She instinctively looked to Louis.

"She has classes for the rest of the term," he told us again. "She sends her apologies."

"Well, she should send her dress size, too because she's coming to the wedding even if I have to drag her by her hair across the Pacific," Bridgit threatened.

"Who's Ellie?" Sophia asked, confused.

"Eleanor; Louis' girlfriend," Liam told her. His arm was around her, making Dani look down and pick at her food. I heard Bridgit sigh and put her hand on her head. A moment later, she rose.

"Dani and I have to talk for a second," she said, pulling Danielle up and leading her to the hallway.

Bridgit's POV

"Dani..." I started, a sad look on my face.

"No," she interrupted, putting her finger up. "You're looking at me like I'm the sad, lonely ex. Which I'm not."

"Of course you're not," I quickly agreed. "But, you came, which was awesome, but Liam and Sophia are here and you're just riding out the emotional twists that you must obviously feel inside."

"Of course I do. How we broke up earlier this year-" She was cut off by Nick sticking his head in the hallway.

"Hey, sis, come on and cut the pie. I get the biggest piece, remember?"

---

Sorry it was a bit late guys. I have to start studying if I want to take AP classes next term -_-

Anyways, there will be two more chapters (more or less), I don't know if I want to do an epilogue since City Lights is coming out afterwards. AND I might be making a trailer, I don't know because I have an English project due Monday and a Global Studies test Tuesday. So, if I do, it'll be over Thanksgiving break.

And the cover, I will release that soon along with the trailer and the summary.

Please vote and comment!

xoxo

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

2.2K 87 27
her soul entwined with his the girl terrified of storms and the boy with stormy eyes between us series book I (will be rewriting soon)
48.4K 1.1K 51
* Book 1 in The Harry and Izzy Series - originally written in 2015. * "A lump or swelling in either of your armpits, which is what you found of cours...
949 94 30
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...
2.4K 76 14
[book three of the hurricane trilogy] In which a girl and a boy pass the point of no return // copyright © hakuna_