Jake

_kellygalea által

Haven is an over-achieving beautiful popular seventeen year old riddled with a sad past and bizarre dreams. H... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Dreams
Chapter 2 - Dangerous
Chapter 3 - Tom's
Chapter 4 - Return
Chapter 5 - Hudson
Chapter 6 - Realization
Chapter 7 - Tradition
Chapter 8 - Whitney
Chapter 9 - Fate
Chapter 10 - Injured
Chapter 11 - Aftermath
Chapter 12 - Attack
Chapter 13 - Answers
Chapter 14 - Cousins
Chapter 15 - Imelda & Aldrek
Chapter 16 - Brothers
Chapter 17 - Threat
Chapter 18 - Selenite
Chapter 19 - Facts
Chapter 20 - Mackay & Dean
Chapter 21 - Power
Chapter 22 - Redemption
Chapter 23 - Revelations
Chapter 24 - Blaine
Chapter 25 - Trust
Chapter 26 - Wind
Chapter 27 - Curatio
Chapter 28 - Tara
Chapter 29 - Plan
Chapter 30 - Run
Chapter 31 - Fixed
Chapter 32 - Truce
Chapter 33 - Showtime
Chapter 34 - Alive
Chapter 36 - Death
Chapter 37 - The end of the Beginning

Chapter 35 - Bloodshed

31.9K 1.1K 86
_kellygalea által

Markus' grip slowly released on my arm, his eyes intent on the prize as he stared ahead at Catarina, alive and well, rough and rugged, but alive.

"She's alive..." I muttered making my first and last mistake as I waited for Hudson to pick up on it.

"You knew about Catarina did you?" Hudson shortly piped up as he stopped in front of me, Markus now moving himself completely from my side as he rushed towards a terrified Catarina.

"Please, don't" She spoke, he black hair sticking to her face with sticky blood.

"You're safe now" Markus spoke towards her attempting to ease her mind on the situation.

"No!" Catarina shook her head unsure as she wept, the man's release on her arm pushing her roughly towards Markus as she collapsed into his arms.

"I'm here to help you, I'm here to give you your life back" Markus softly spoke to her holding her up as he stroked the back of her head.

I was astounded she was still alive, but why?

My eyes suddenly turned back on Hudson who watched me intently.

"I have my own little tricks Haven. I knew how this would play out, and ta-da! I win!" Hudson spoke excitedly.

"How?" I mumbled as my position froze.

"My cousin, he can kind of tell the future" Hudson proudly revealed.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint, but he's way off" My voice suddenly changed along with the rest of my attitude. My back straightened up as I saw Markus rush Catarina from the scene determined to keep her from any further harm.

My eyes became narrow on Hudson, my fear non-existent as I watched him carefully. His threats were scary, but I knew there was no chance of him getting a handle on me and the look on Hudson's face quickly changed dramatically as I listened to a growl erupt behind me. I knew instantly it was Saxon in his wolf form.

Hudson's expression told me he hadn't been expecting it, but he was quick to cover it up with and uninterested gaze.

"You think I didn't bring my own decipals?" Hudson raised an eyebrow

"I don't doubt that" I shot back.

"You think because you're friends with a wolf pack now that makes you strong?" Hudson shot amused as gradually three wolves appeared from behind the trees where Baxter stood their eyes gleaming red.

"No. Knowing just how pathetic and weak you really are makes me strong" I remarked with a slight smile, the battle beginning as I listened to another set of paws appear from behind me.

Hudson jerked his head sideways taking in the growing numbers as more wolves appeared from behind him as well.

"Game on" Hudson smiled back at me as he took a step back gracefully.

It was then at least a dozen wolves appeared from behind Hudson, eyes intent on me and the growing numbers behind me. I wasn't afraid, I knew I was safe, I was however worried for the others, someone would get hurt, I didn't doubt that.

I took a step back bring me side to side with who I assumed to be Saxon coated in a deep grey ash colour coat to my left, to my right was Aldrek, black and deathly eager to eat at Hudson's army which continued to grow. For the next ten seconds, Hudson's army appeared by the dozens as well as my own as Blaine's crew slowly appeared, their faces roaring out beside me as they created a line and snarled towards their enemies, the numbers seemed to even out, but the power was no doubly in my favour. I was quick to take in Julian two spots down from Aldrek, his coat shining back golden orange through the full moon's lifting light above.

I expected to see Jake first thing off the bat, but I couldn't seem to find his distinguishing white coat anywhere in sight and it made me nervous.

From then on, it was a tension filled waiting game as the side's waited to see who would make the first move, who would step the first paw out of line. Snarls erupted from around me, the seriousness of the situation fully involving me as I took in just how much chaos my existence alone had created.

Hudson then spoke, flinching at my skin as my eyes darted back to him standing beside Baxter rigid and intent on me.

"You're mine" He whispered coldly as Baxter beside him suddenly erupted from his bare skin into a tall bulky brown wolf, his teeth sharp and intimidating as he growled in my direction, Saxon and Aldrek stepped forward as Baxter howled upwards before his feet began to pound towards me. I flinched afraid as I watched him dart towards me with snapping teeth.
And that's when it began.

I felt my arms rush over my head, expected to be knocked over by the sudden shake of the ground as wolves rushed past me in defence of Saxon and Aldrek who took charge at Baxter immediately. It seemed to be a one way fight as Baxter was thrown to the ground, but that was until the rest of Hudson's decipals began to charge straight towards the scene in front of me. I tried to keep an eye on the situation, unsure of what to do as I stood helplessly amongst the chaos. Each time a wolf caught sight of me, their intentions changed as they noticed I was open and unprotected and with that in mind their pounding paws came racing directly towards me for the kill.

I wanted to run, but something told me not to move, just as the angry wolf was about to reach me an unfamiliar deep black mixed with brown wolf jumped in front of me, its stance taller than any wolf I'd ever seen. Its head flipped up and instantly it took the attacking wolfs head clean off as he roared loudly to let the others know who was on top. Some of the wolf's heads turned in pure shock giving what I assumed to be my side the advantage of attack while the distraction lasted a short second. I could see Julian ripping apart another red wolfs throat violently thrashing it around as though it were a chew toy.

I was now guarded, the large wolf standing directly in front of me with a risen head as it searched the field for potential threats.

I knew exactly who it was, why the others had stopped to look when he howled.
Blaine.

"Haven, here!" A sudden small voice shouted from behind me as I turned in time to see Imelda throw a bow and set of arrows towards me, her feet not stopping as she continued back into the trees with her own bow and arrows in hand.

I stood shocked and out of breath as I fumbled around with the equipment. I now had a weapon, I wasn't confident with it, but it was all I had, and I was going to take anything over nothing. I set my bow up and pulled an arrow into place, I kept my eye on the fighting in front of me, watching as I searched for Julian, Saxon, and Aldrek, at any sight of them being in trouble, I would take a shot.

It was then I caught sight of Julian, his back against the ground as a larger wolf stood over him snapping at his struggling neck. I panicked and moved around Blaine to get a better aim. I leaned down on one knee and pulled back, my breathing rough and rigid as I shook uncontrollably. I remembered what Imelda had said, what she had taught me. I breathed in roughly and held it tight before slowly releasing. My eyebrows crossed as I concentrated and released my grip as the arrow flew straight ahead on aim, within seconds the poison steel end penetrated the wolfs shoulder sending it flailing and rearing back off Julian who took the advantage to attack the struggling position.

A sudden shoot of confidence shot through me as quick as the arrow had hit the strong wolf.
I could do this.

Just as I caught another glimpse of trouble, my eyes noticed another charging flash of brown race towards me, but before it could hit, Blaine was there leaning down before pouncing up to throw the animal back against a pine tree as it cracked under the weight.

"Thanks" I called as I returned to protecting my friends. I leaned forward squinting as I pushed another arrow into place. I aimed directly towards the fight Aldrek seemed to be having a tough time with, but before I was about to release my second arrow, another arrow shot straight threw into the wolfs thick skull sending it howling backwards as Aldrek pounced. My head shot up towards the direction when I remembered Imelda would be placed at the highest point of sight. I smiled and moved on, my eyes in search of a new target.

My eyes were still eager to find Jake who seemed to be a no show, I was concerned, worried, where was he?

I didn't allow my head to think too deeply about it amongst the chaos around me, I needed to focus. I turned my head towards Blaine who was now on my left taking on two nearing wolves at once. I was open, and another wolf was quick to notice turning his head towards me as he growled. I spun around in his direction and pulled my next arrow back ready to shoot at him before he reached me, but the moment I was about to release my grip something crashed hard into my side sending me flying sideways onto the cold hard wet ground. My bow and arrows scattered out of reach as I forced myself to push back up despite my now aching spine.

I knew I was about to be attacked, but the determination in me told me to get straight back up and dive for an arrow to use as a weapon if needed.

The slimy mud beneath me made it difficult to transition smoothly from being flat on my back to up on my feet, but I managed as the snarling wolf jumped at me once again, my arms flailed up in defence as I felt its teeth rip through my arm. I fell backward once more with the wolf on top of me, its teeth inches from my face as its hot breath ran over my face. I pushed my arms as hard as I could against his neck keeping the small distance between our faces as I kicked my legs out attempting to push my boot through his gut. I was struggling, and it seemed as though everyone else was too busy in their own fight to help me.

"Off her now" I listened to Hudson demand as his figure came into view beside the wolf on top of me.

I shoved one last push at the neck of the beast just as he complied with Hudson and pulled back.

Quickly I forced myself back to my feet, unsteady and bleeding but strong as I stared back at Hudson who eyed my bow and arrow on the ground.

"Neat trick" He tilted his head, impressed.

"You're dead" I whispered towards him as I eyed an arrow about a foot away from my feet.

"I wouldn't" Hudson warned as he shook his head disapprovingly.

"I would" I snapped back as I took the moment to move and scoop the arrow up. But Hudson was faster, his body colliding into mine as he wrestled the arrow from my grip quickly taking advantage of my weakness as he pushed the arrow's tip tight against the middle of my chest.

"I said, I wouldn't, I really don't want to kill you, but if I have to, I will" He clicked his tongue as he dug the arrow in deeper, the tip pushing into my flesh as I winced.

I was worried he would actually kill me, he had the opportunity and it seemed I was far from being protected until a swift whoosh sprayed past my ear and my next blink revealed Hudson struggling to keep composure as he hissed out his teeth, an arrow hanging out of his shoulder seeming to have just missed his heart.

"That bitch" Hudson hissed as he pushed the arrow into my skin, hot blood beginning to seep as I squeezed my eyes and pushed through the pain.

I waited for him to collapse, for the poison to reach his system and defeat him, but it didn't.

"How?" I stumbled.

"You aren't the only one with tricks" Hudson replied with a grim smile

I was now waiting the moment he violently pushed the arrow deep into my chest, stopping my lungs from pulling air in and out instantly.

I closed my eyes and prayed for something to happen, I couldn't move, I could hardly breath, my short determination of strength was gone, over, I was stuck. It seemed as though my prayers were immediately answered as I listened to a growl followed by a thud, my eyes shot open and the arrow on my chest was gone, fallen to the ground as a flash of white ran past my view, its viciousness frightening as I took in the scene in front of me.

It was Jake.

Hudson had been struck down, his arrow snapped in half as he stumbled to his feet before quickly bursting out of his own skin into a dangerously large deep black wolf with a single white foot. His teeth were baring and sharp, dripping with saliva like a rabies infected dog as he and Jake began to circle each other.

I took that second to take control back of my situation to help Jake take Hudson down. I forced my body to concentrate on the small gaping hole in the middle of my chest and pushed every part of my energy into closing the wound, it hurt and the pain was more intense than the time I'd healed my leg, but it worked within a minute. My eyes darted open, wild and eager as I swiftly scooped my bow and arrow back up clasping my shaking fingers around the contraption to pull an arrow in place. Hudson's huge red eyes noticed instantly as he took the moment to tackle Jake to the ground, their teeth in fast forward as they snapped at each other angrily. I tried to aim at Hudson, but the rapid moving of their bodies made it impossible to get an ideal shot. I groaned and rambled through my brain for another plan of attack. My head turned towards the others, the sight of growing bodies piling up around the area as blood began to soak into the running rain and mud on the ground creating sludge of crimson black.

Blaine was easily taking on anyone who dared take him on; his head was large enough to throw them yards away within seconds. Julian seemed to be doing just as well, his body racing through an assortment of wolves as he snapped his sharp angry teeth at their necks, blood scattering in the air like paint bombs. Aldrek seemed to be struggling, two deep brown wolves taking him on at once; Saxon threw another along beside him in the air before turning to help Aldrek. There was no sign of Markus, but I couldn't blame him, he had what he had been searching for, I would have believed anyone to do the same in his situation. I could see arrows flying down one by one towards the fighting, each of them hitting a different wolf each time they soared down with their gruesome purpose. I turned my head back towards Jake and Hudson, knowing out of all, he was the one I wanted dead, he was the one causing all of the fight, he needed to be killed.

I took aim once again eager to find a perfect shot, I closed one eye and kept the other firmly on the target as Jake pushed him up off of his body, Hudson stumbled but was quick to find his feet before slamming his weight towards Jake, but Jake was quicker as he bowed his head and the second Hudson's head was above Jake's, he lifted his head and slammed the top of his skull into the bottom of Hudson's jaw. A loud crack sounded, proving Jake had done some damage as Hudson yelped in pain. I kept my line steady before finding a second long enough to release an arrow. If the poison wasn't going to work, I'd need to place enough arrows into him to start rapid blood loss. Easily, the arrow shot into Hudson's side, his eyes taking note of what I'd done and what I was preparing to do again. I pulled back and followed my gaze releasing another as Hudson watched me with anger and shock of my persistence. Jake wasn't paying attention to me a few meters away, throwing his body back into Hudson just as my fingers slipped and the arrow went shooting ahead to what would have been Hudson's neck. Instantly my eyes watched the arrow take its new target deep into the shoulder, the white flesh spurting with blood as I watched in slow motion. My mind was racing, but I knew that the poison inside my arrow would be already spreading through Jake paralysing him within minutes. Now was the only opportunity I had to take Hudson down while Jake was still conscious. I pulled back another arrow as Jake stumbled out of my aim; Hudson grew pleased with how it had played out despite his injuries. I took aim and threw yet another arrow at Hudson, the tip penetrating deep into his hindquarters as I loaded another and pulled it back to send it flying into his body, this one pushing its way directly into his face, the arrow skimming across his nose as blood escaped and the arrow went past to smack hard into another wolf behind him who yelped. Hudson turned angry as his head snapped in my direction.

His eyes were now set on me as I lost gaze of Jake who was probably feeling the effects of the poison. I needed to get to him, and fast before it killed him, but first, I needed to get Hudson away from his new line of glare.

I pulled my arm back again as Hudson growled and began to walk towards me, blood dripping down his muzzle as it splashed into the puddles beneath him.

"You will never have me" I whispered to myself, loud enough for Hudson's ears to prick up, my fingers releasing my seconds last arrow as it zoomed towards Hudson's face.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the arrow to take Hudson down once and for all, I waited for the sound of a yelp, a scream, but it didn't come, instead, I felt my body being thrown back teeth digging into my chest as two large cuspid's buried deep into my chest penetrating straight through my vest and into my chest cavities. I screamed out in pain as I felt every dig penetrate deep down into my blood stream until the force and pressure was removed as quickly as it had happened and it was then I heard a yelp before a loud thud bouncing through the ground.

Rain splashed down on my face as I lay frozen, impaired as blood ran freely out of the gaping holes, one snapping straight through my left ribcage, the other directly below my chin to my right. My lungs were punctured as I fought for breath. I could barely see through my blackening eyes let alone being able to concentrate on healing myself.

The rush of fighting around me was in slow motion, my eyes staring blankly up at the sky as I felt my heart slowing dramatically, my limbs grew cold, numb as I stumbled for air. Blood could be tasted in the back of my throat as I choked and spat what now released from my mouth, the blood dripping from my lips down my chin. I was dying.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

81.5K 3.8K 30
Eighteen-year-old Kailee Wolf is done. With her family dead by the hands of vampires, becoming a rogue overnight, and losing her pack, she's running...
46.2M 1.2M 37
Zoe is a rogue who is forced to attend a school for werewolves for a year thanks to a new law. There she meets her mate, a certain Alpha who holds a...
56.3K 1K 29
Blake was your average teenage werewolf until she found her mate Christian the alpha of the pack. Blake thought they would live happily ever after. B...