Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

105 Date Night: Wataru

31 2 0
By Mysi85

Yuna smiled. "Are you scared?"

Uneasy swallowed Wataru. "A little bit."

"Good. Otherwise I would send you home."

Interrogative, he looked at her. "I don't understand."

"You must be aware of the fact that Oni are dangerous. They are beasts.", she explained.

"Can't we do something else?"

The girl placed her hands on her hips. "You said whatever I want."

"Yeah, but I thought of ... I dunno ... something harmless."

"You're right." Relieved Wataru breathed out. "It was a cool date. I'll see you at home."

Irritated, he stared at her. "What?"

"I'm going to hunt and you go home."

He shook his head. "No! I want to spend time with you."

"We did. But I have other things to do now."

Her boyfriend looked hurt at her. "Come on. Let's do something together, Yuna-chan."

She tensed up a little. "Man. Don't you get it? I'm not a normal girl. I can't hang around all day long with you. I have a purpose in my life."

"Sure ... but ...", hemmed the singer.

"No buts. Actually, I had absolutely no desire to go on a date with you, but now I had fun.", admitted the blue-haired. "And now I have to do my job."

Wataru pressed his lips together. "Okay." He grabbed Yuna by the hand.

"What are you up to?"

"Let's go do your thing."

"You're crazy."

"So what if I am? You want to hunt? We hunt." Determined, Wataru pulled his girlfriend with him.

With a jerk she brought him to stand still. "We have to go in the other direction.", she grinned, whereupon the young man sighed.

Holding hands, they walked through the passage to the bus stop. They earned occasional glances from other couples, but also from people who were on their way alone. Wasn't the first love something wonderfully mysterious?

On the bus, they sat side by side. The huntress leaned against her boyfriend. This situation felt so incredibly strange to her. On the one hand, that she had a boyfriend now, on the other, that he accompanied her to a hunt. Nevertheless, she enjoyed his presence. Wataru was less calm and played nervously with her fingers.

"Relax.", whispered the blue-haired.

"Easy for you to say. You've already done this stuff."

She smiled. "You can get off at any time. I won't force you to anything. I don't want to put you in danger."

"I think you and danger come hand in hand."

Yuna laughed amused. "Sometimes we do."

"You surely must think that I'm a wimp."

"No. Don't worry." He gratefully squeezed her hand.

Finally, they got out of the vehicle. Dusk was rising and bathed everything in a reddish light. They walked hand in hand on the sidewalk.

After a few minutes they came to the edge of the great forest. Yuna released his hand, went a few steps to the trees and stretched out her nose into the air. She sniffed.

Wataru hid his hands in his pockets and watched her. The girl went a step further and sniffed again. She took off her sunglasses, unzipped her sweater and hung the glasses in the holster.

She turned to face him. "I smell one."

"You can smell them?"

Nodding, she replied: "Yes. My senses are much finer than that of a human."

"You are human, right?"

She gave him a irresolute glance. "I'm not sure anymore." Wataru looked her in the eye until she turned around again. To her delight, he didn't react at all to her sunken eyelid. "Wait here.", she ordered him.

He marched over to her. "No. I'm coming with you."

"You don't have to prove anything. I'll kill it, then we can go home."

"I won't let you go alone."

The huntress chuckled. "What are you going to do against a beast? Sing for it?"

Scowling, he looked at her. "You're mean."

"I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Then protect me." She looked at him silently. "Or give me a gun, so that I can defend myself."

"Okay." Yuna reached into her sweater and pulled out the Beretta.

"Wooah ... you have a gun?!", stuttered Wataru.

"Did you think I'm pulling a prank on you?"

"I had hoped so."

The huntress checked the magazine and cocked the weapon. "It's loaded and unlocked. If you see a beast, aim at it and pull the trigger."

Uncertain looked the singer at the metal object in her hand. "Won't I become a hunter then?"

"Probably not."

"Probably? But you said that before."

"I know. I didn't know better. My family is somehow special. Normal people don't get powers.", she explained.

"How do you know?"

"Yoshiro told me."

The young man took a deep breath, then he grabbed the Beretta. "This is so insane.", he confessed.

"Yeah." Yuna crouched and drew her knife. "Let's go. Stay behind me."

"Okay."

The girl took the lead and went into the forest. Again and again she sniffed and corrected her course. Silently, with both hands on the Beretta Wataru followed her. All around them, he heard noises. The whisper of the wind, the rustling of leaves that were caressed by it, the cheeping of some birds and the chirping of cicadas.

The singer tried to breathe calmly and not to be disturbed by the noises. Somewhere left of them cracked a branch. Instantly, Wataru aimed in the direction, looking for a beast.

"He handels himself pretty well.", thought Yuna as she watched him. The truth was that she had found no trace of an Oni. She was just curious how her boyfriend would behave. Abruptly she stopped. "Shh!"

Wataru ducked his head and crouched. The blue-haired had to keep her act together so she didn't burst out laughing. He always played those shooting games, but it was a whole different thing when it was the real deal.

"Wait here.", she whispered.

"Are you sure?" He sounded rather uncertain.

"Yes. I'll check it out."

The huntress could properly see, but she assumed that Wataru was practically blind with the dim light. Carefully she crept on until she believed that he could no longer see her. She grabbed a stone and threw it behind the singer in a bush.

Her boyfriend whirled around when he heard the rustling.

"Yuna-chan?", he hissed. "Yuna!" She threw another stone into another thicket. The young man took aim in this direction. "Yuna, something is here."

The girl held her hand over her mouth and laughed up her sleeve. That was enough, she had her fun with him. It was time to go home. She stepped out of her hiding place and walked toward him. Carelessly she stepped on a dry branch, which broke under her weight and made a cracking sound.

Wataru turned around and once he saw a silhouette, he pulled the trigger.

"Hey! Watch it.", Yuna yelled annoyed.

"Oh shit!" He quickly lowered the gun. "Fuck! Everything okay?!"

"Yeah, yeah." She came over to him and took her weapon back. She looked down at herself and stuck a finger through a hole in her upper body clothing. "I only have a hole in the sweater."

The young man had turned pale. "I'm sorry!"

She waved. "It's alright. We can go."

"What about the Oni?"

"There's no Oni. I pulled a prank on you." Impish she smiled at him.

Relieved laughed Wataru. "Oh my God. I almost peed in my pants."

"I know. I've watched you."

Although he was actually angry, he had to smile. "You're such a nasty little ..."

"Yeah." The huntress locked the Beretta and holstered it again. "My brave soldier." She gave him a long kiss.

They kissed for a while before Wataru broke from her. "You know what? I renounce from future Onihunts. That's not my thing."

"I know. You're just not hard enough, you wimp."

They laughed at each other. Above them sounded wing beats and a rumble that constantly got louder. Both lifted their gaze and Yuna discovered a winged creature, that gave a resounding shriek, firmly clutched to a tree trunk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.2K 21
|| 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 || 𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 本物の悪魔 ⬎ "𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚒𝚜 �...
38 0 25
This is a story of a group of eight teenage friends who involve themselves in situations about sex, romance, drama and even rape, until one, Seiji, t...
6 4 25
Resting at the bottom in a pit of mistakes; Alex struggles to find his place in the world. Without the comfort of family, he trudges blindly forward...
17K 389 24
It started off as innocent fun at your good friend's party; you having one of the best nights for the first time in ages. But you'd soon learn that s...