My Section Leader's Secrets

By MISS_HOPEY123

Emily Greene is finally a freshman in high school and is joining her school's marching band. Everything is go... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Six

43 5 0
By MISS_HOPEY123

"He just said 'hey'? Just like that?" Catie asked suspiciously while lounging on my bed.

I called her over immediately, because this was a pretty serious situation! "That's what he said!" I shrugged, "well at first anyway."

"Okay so how exactly did he say it?" Catie was sitting up straight now.

"He said," I raise my phone up again, "'Would you want to go to homecoming with me?' And I said 'really?' And he said-"

"I know the rest I know the rest!" Catie lays back down again and reaches for the bag of Doritos between us. "Soo are you gonna go?"

"Yeah I think I'm gonna tell him just as friends, Patrick is a super sweet guy and there's no reason we can't just hang out you know?" I vaguely here Catie saying something as I form my response to Patrick.

I would love to go with you as friends! It should be a great time(: There. That seems nice enough.

His reply comes insanely fast, Thank you so much, Emily! I'll see you at the game tomorrow!!

I put my phone down on the nightstand and grab a couple Doritos for myself. "Okay so we're gonna watch the One Direction movie again?" I ask holding the case in my hands.

"Yes I love crying over and over again every time I come over here." Catie rolls her eyes, but she's smiling. "Put the damn movie in!"

"Okay okay!"

***
Friday morning I wake up with no blankets and a Catie burrito on my left, totally normal. I try to free some of the blanket from under her chin, but it's impossible.

"Whatever!" I mumble, admitting defeat. "I'll just go take a shower then!" I keep talking to myself as I get everything ready.

"BETTER THEN WORDS, MORE THAN A FEELING!!!"

"You scared the crap out of me!" I laugh/yell say Catie as she stands in the door of the bathroom singing. I clamp a hand over her mouth and she stops.

"I gotta take a shower." She pushes me out of the way, "Get out of my bathroom!" With that the door is closed.

"It's kinda my bathroom!" I yell through the closed door and shake my head. It's no use!

I go back into my room and sit on my bed scrolling through Facebook. Not three scrolls in and my finger hovers over a new picture of Jackson and Kyle.

'Getting ready for our last first game!' The caption reads.

"Not today Satan!" I put my phone down any start putting my hair into a tight ponytail on top of my head.

20 minutes later, Catie comes out of the bathroom looking refreshed. "How was your shower?" I ask, making room on the bed for her.

"It was very uneventful." She reports, towel drying her hair.

"Look at us in our matching shirts! So cute!" I exclaim, fake hugging her.

"I hate you." Catie deadpans.

***

5 hours later we're on our way to the school for another football game.

"Thanks mom!" I call jumping out of the car. Catie and I meet up with Fern and the three of us walk into the school together.

"Alright let's do this shit." Fern says opening her locker.

We go to get in line for our uniforms when Kyle comes up to us. "Hey can on of you go in the back hall and get the banners thanks so much!" He calls as he's walking by.

"Don't worry guys I got it." I shake my head and move past everyone into the band room. There are three doors, but which one has the banners?

I peek in the first room on my right, nope, that's the drum room. I open the door on my left and there's no one in there. I look around and start to get frantic. Why on earth was I sent to get these?

I'm just about to give up when the door opens and in comes Jackson. "What is taking you so long?" He asks, staring at me.

The already small room gets even smaller when he steps in. It's super hard to think about anything except him.

"Uh, just, uh." I stutter.

"Never mind!" Jackson shakes his head and moves towards me until I'm backed up against the far wall.

I look up at his eyes and try to stay calm when I realize he's looking right back at me. I subconsciously start moving towards him and it seems like he's moving closer too.

We're millimeters a part when he reaches a hand up above our heads. "The banners are right here." He looks away, grabs a small box a retreats out of the room so fast I don't have any time to analyze what just happened.

"What the hell!" I whisper into the empty room.

"Emily! What are you doing in here?" Catie and Fern burst into the room and I move up to where Jackson was 2 minutes ago.

"Nothing I'm doing nothing!" I shoulder past them and into the band room again. "Greene." I say to a random band mom who hands me my uniform. "Thanks so much!" I call and run into the hall to change.

"Wanna tell us what's going on?" Fern asks as she does up my jacket.

"Oh I was just looking for the banners and Jackson came in all pissy and took them." I shrug and move to grab my trumpet.

I don't know why I didn't tell them the truth. The moment just seemed so intense and dreamlike. It was like a bubble and if I spoke too loud it would pop.

"Alright let's go." I buckle my hat and we move outside to get into our spots.

"First years!" Stacey calls while I get in my spot. "This is it. You've been waiting and you can do it. Make me proud!"

"Show me your socks!" Jackson calls and we all lift our pants to show long black socks. "No earrings?" He asks when he gets to me.

"Have you ever seen me wear jewelry?" I ask letting go of my pants.

"Fair enough." I see the smile in his eyes as he moves on to Fern.

What the hell is happening? Just friends just friends just friends. I chant in my head as we are called into attention.

This is it.

***

After the game we're all pumped up and my mom says I can have some people over for a party. Catie has to go to her dads so it's just Fern, Nancy, Hannah, and Gertrude.

We all get to my house still yelling our own chants like "hey, we want some booty" and " clay clay clay" a bunch of times because he's hot. 

High school isn't as bad as everyone said it would be! I think to myself as my friends eat pizza and laugh together.

"I can't believe the first day of school is Tuesday." I say to no one in particular.

"I know right!" Fern says. "At least we have band to look forward to!"

"Amen to that!" Gertrude laughs.

"So what's going on with you and Jackson?" Nancy asks, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Oh mylanta!" I roll my eyes. "Nothing is going on! I'm actually going to homecoming with Patrick."

"No way!"

"Seriously?!"

"Get it!"

Everyone speaks at once and I shush them. "It's not a big deal, just as friends!" I laugh and take another bite of pizza.

"And does he know that?" Hannah asks dubiously.

"Yes I definitely told him that!" I raise my right hand like I'm taking an oath.

"You're gonna break his heart!" Fern says.

"Oh shut up." I roll my eyes again and grab my phone.

No one is gonna have a broken heart. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 2.9K 33
Grayson’s band has been playing gigs and working on expanding their fan base. After four years they are finally reading to go out on their own, inste...
933 19 38
[COMPLETED - UNDERGOING REWRITE] Angela Whitman wasn't born yesterday. Life has it's ups and downs. When her schedule is filled with marching band, c...
7 0 15
Emily always wanted to play in a band, but she's too afraid and low thinking of herself to actually join one. She plays the guitar quite good and her...
5.4K 138 24
What happens when you join the Marching Band? You play music of course, but there are also the band romances that make you stop and think. Maybe Dann...