A Secret She Carried

sparsha_kadri tarafından

# Book 1 in The Milton Brothers Series # Bennett Milton , was the CEO of the Milton Corp. He was your t... Daha Fazla

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

26

114K 4.3K 211
sparsha_kadri tarafından

NOT EDITED:

"What the hell is taking her so long?" Bennett demanded as he paced impatiently. He glanced at his watch and let out a frustrated sigh. It had almost been an hour and There was no sign of Sapphire or his good for nothing brother. He tried calling Ryan for the nth time, but as expected it went straight to his voice mail.

"Bennett we don't have much time. It's almost midnight and it's time for the patrolling guards for their daily routine." Logan said as he stared at the closed door that led to the west wing of the castle. "Why can't your father live in a normal penthouse suit somewhere in the city rather then staying here in the middle of nowhere?" Ryan demanded making both the men turn towards him.

He was no longer wearing Sapphire's red dress, instead, he was dressed in a pair of loose fitted basketball shorts with his toned upper body bare. "What the hell are you doing here? Where's Sapphire?" Ryan narrowed his eyes, "What do you mean by where is she?" he demanded. Both the men exchanged confused looks as they tried to analyse what he had just said.

"She was supposed to be meeting you at the ladies room, wasn't she?" Logan asked as he stepped before him. "Yes she was. But then there was a change if plan and she was supposed to be meeting us roght here."  he replied as he studied both the men. Who stared at him like they were plotting to murder him. "What's wrong guys?"

Bennett stepped forward his face bare of any expression. "Who told you that there was a change in plan?" he asked, his voice unusually calm. Something was fishy. Ryan understood. For a minute he hesitate to reply. "Tell me Ryan who told you that there was a change in plan?  Did Sapphire say that or was it someone else?"

"No it wasn't Sapphire." he admitted feeling like a teenager who was going to be punished for his lack of concentration. "Then who was it?" Logan stepped in between the two, not wanting to watch Bennett bully his little brother. Ryan hesitated once again making Bennett growl in frustration. "Then who the hell was it?" he demanded.

"It was Emily."  he said. "She said you asked her to inform me about the changes." Logan flashed a confused look an Bennett who looked like he had no clue about what he had said. Bennett ran a hand through his hair as he tried to make sense of whatever was going on. "There was no such changes made then why did she-"

There was slight pause in his statement as he thought it out. There was no proper explanation for the situation other then that Emily had lied to Ryan. But why would she do that? And what for?  "Have any of you talked to Cam?" Ryan asked. Logan shook his head, "Nope. Not after our little chat in the ballroom. He replied.

"Was Emily with him at that time?" Logan shrugged,  "I don't remember seeing her after you abandoned her to dance with my sister." Bennett knit his eyebrows as he stressed on his brain as he tried to recall his last encounter with her. "Neither do I." he replied. "At least not after..." he paused when he noticed a movement behind him.

"Bennett. We have a problem." Cameron announced as he rushed towards them. He had changed it a pair of jeans and his toned chest was bare just like Ryan's. "Get straight to the point." he ordered. "It's Emily," he said. "What about her?" he demanded. "She's Noel's half sister. I just saw her drag a red haired girl out of the ballroom. I tried to follow her, but I think she saw me and.."

"And what?" Logan demanded. "And I don't know, they just disappeared. All thanks to the hideous dress you made me wear. I couldn't move faster then I usually would." he replied. "How do you know that Emily is his half sister?" Ryan demanded. "I heard her talk to him before she marched to the balcony. She was talking about Sapphire and some girl."

"Is this girl the same red haired girl you saw her drag?" Logan asked. "I don't know, but I have a feeling that it was her." he confessed. "I don't understand." Ryan admitted running a hand through his hair. "I think I know what had happened. She was a traitor." Bennett answered. "Listen up guys, right now the only thing we need to think about is Sapphire. Where is she? What if-"

"I'm fine Logan nothings happened to me." She replied as she hurried towards them. She turned towards Ryan and narrowed her eyes. "You are here?  I've been looking for you everywhere." She snapped not bothering to mask her anger. Bennett rushed towards her and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "Where had you been?  We were so worried." he demanded as he cupped her shoulder.

"What's wrong Ben? And don't dare keep anything from me." She warned. "Sapphire how long have you know Emily?" Logan asked straight away making her turn around to face him. "Almost five years. But why?" She demanded confusion clear in her voice. "Sapphire I know this is very hard to believe, but we think Emily has been..." he paused unable to find a suitable word.

"Are you trying to say betrayed?" a new voice pipped in making them all turn around. Noel smiled at the crowd as he stepped out of the shadows. "My, my looks like we have the entire Milton family out here." Emily said as she  stepped beside him. Sapphire stared at her in disbelief. This wasn't true. Emily was her best friend, she wouldn't betray her like that.

"Surprise, surprise."  She clapped her hands in mock appraisal. "What's wrong Sapphire? Dint you like your surprise?" She taunted flashing her a menacing smile. "She doesn't like surprises little sister. Don't you know that?" Noel asked making her throw back her head and laugh. 

"Oh brother, don't be so stupid. Everybody likes surprises  And so does she." There was something in her voice that made Sapphire flinch. This was the first time Sapphire had ever seen her like this. Like she was a whole different person. Completely different to the sweet and caring person who had been her best friend.

Bennett wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. "If you guys are done with your family moment, then I think we better get to business." he said. Noel glared at his hand that was wrapped around his Sapphire and back at him. "I suggest, you better take your hands off my fiance." he growled.

Bennett laughed, "Then why is she wearing my ring?" he taunted. Noel clenched his fists, "Come back here Sapphire. Or else.." he growled making her tighten her grip over Bennett's arm. "Else what?" She challenged. "Or else you will watch the love of your life drown in the mighty ocean." Emily pipped in with a wicked smile on her face.

Sapphire could feel her eyes tear up as she stared at the woman she once called her best friend. "Why Emily? What had I ever done to you?  Why did you-" but she interrupted her in the middle, "Honey, can you keep your melodrama aside for a minute and get practical?" Emily snapped irritated by her own guilty conscience.

Sapphire gritted her teeth as she glared at her. "Don't waste your time finding any redeeming quality in her Sapphire, I don't think she has any. After all the dirty Harrison blood runs in her veins  too." Bennett said knowing exactly the effect of his words. "Don't you dare," Emily hissed, her cheeks flushed in rage.

"ignore him Em, he's just trying to make his...what are you for him Sapphire? Lover?  Girlfriend?  Mistress?" Bennett stepped forward his face stripped of all emotions. "My everything. She's my everything, my love, my life, my heart my soul. The love of my life. The mother of my beautiful sons. The woman I will be spending the rest of my life."

Noel threw his head back and laughed, "Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but the love of your life will be spending the rest of her life with me." he said with a smug look on his face. "No I'm not." She replied confidently. She was no longer letting this man bully her any longer. Noel shook his head, "Say that to your father. Let's see what does he have to say for that."

"Yes I will. And no matter what he says or does will change my decision. I will never marry you Noel Harrison. Never." He clenched his fists as her words did things to him. Things he had promised he would never feel. His heart broke into a million pieces causing a unbearable ache in his chest. An ache he was so familiar with.

A heart wrenching reality hit him worster then any blow he had ever received. No matter what he does she would never want him the way he does. She was never going to love him the way he does. And, it is always going to be Bennett. And he clenched his fists at that thought. He wasn't going to let him win. If he can't have her, then so wouldn't he.

"Well in that case.." his lip curled into a wicked grin. "...I think we better get something straight." something in his voice made them all exchange uneasy glances. "What do you mean?" Bennett demanded. A ghost of a smile appeared on his face "Well, I'm trying to say is..." he menacingly took a step towards her. "Don't." Bennett warned as he stepped forward possessively pushing her behind him.

"Look what she has done to us Bennett. I used to be your best friend and you  don't even trust me anymore." Bennett rolled his eyes,  "Best friend?  You lost that title the day you back stabbed me. And don't you dare call her that. The only women who deserves that title is your sister." he spat as he glared at her in disgust.

"On that point I totally agree with you." he said as he glanced at his half sister. "She is a batch." Emily narrowed her eyes, "Noel what the-" but he cut her off in the middle. "Don't be so melodramatic little sister, be practical." he threw her words back at her and until now she hadn't known the harsh taste of them. "What did you think Emily Martin, that you volunteer to be my partner in crime and I will let you be a part of my nest?"

Emily glared at him, wasn't that the deal? "You had promised," he shook his head. "I didn't promise anything. You are my Dad's unalterable mistake. And mistakes can never be compared to perfection. You don't Belonging here. You had promised me that she wad over Bennett and I had a chance,"

"But that was a lie wasn't it? All you wanted was the piece if our family's hard earned wealth." Emily opened her mouth to protest, but words refused to come out. Every word he had uttered was as real ad this very moment. "You bastard." She muttered making him shake his head, "You are the one who deserve that title honey and not me."

Sapphire stared at them in confusion. She didn't understand what the hell was actually happening. The topic had changed from her to God knows what and....A gentle squeeze on her shoulder dragged her out of her thoughts. "I think this is the right time to escape." She opened her mouth to protest but paused when she noticed that her crew had already boarded the mini yacht boat.

She took Bennett's offered had started taking backward steps towards the boat. They almost reached the edge of the deck when something flashed into her mind. Heather. "Bennett wait," he paused abruptly and looked down at her. "What?" he demanded. "What about Heather?  I mean, we can't leave her here."

"Who the hell is Heather?" he demanded. But he knew they didn't have time for explanations. This Was their last chance. If they loose it now, then they might never be together. "Sapphire, I understand your concern. But we don't have time for this. We have to get out of here before those idiots come back to their senses.

"Bennett, she's pregnant, we can't leave her here like that..." Bennett closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Sapphire, I don't give a damp about her being pregnant or not. All I care about is our sons whom I've promised to bring you back home safe and sound. Either you come with me willingly, or I'm going to throw you over my shoulder and carry you to the boat."

Sapphire opened her mouth to protest, but paused when she felt a movem behind her, and even before she understand what was happening, a loud gunshot erupted making her almost jump out of her skin. Emily's limp body fell to the ground and blood oozed out her head. "Emily!" Sapphire shouted, her eyes wide and horrified. Noel turned around and flashed her a boyish grin.

"Who says you can't clean up your father's mess? I just did." he laughed menacingly as he kicked Emily's limp body. "Don't be so shocked my love, she was anyways going to get a death sentence. I think that's what you get for murdering a pregnant women."  he said it like it was no big thing. He took a laze step towards them and held out his gun towards her, "Time to die little Princess, see you in the other side."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

227K 13.8K 54
"How dare you? Ariana, how dare you?" I could feel the anger from his heart radiate through his ears. the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks wer...
19.3M 587K 42
"Give me your hand." He ordered and i looked at him confused. He sighed before taking my left hand. I gasped when he suddenly put an engagement ring...
360K 17.2K 55
Troy Anderson had an ideal life everyone dreamed of. He had everything he wanted. Being the heir and the future CEO of their family company put a lot...
4.2K 248 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...