26

NOT EDITED:

"What the hell is taking her so long?" Bennett demanded as he paced impatiently. He glanced at his watch and let out a frustrated sigh. It had almost been an hour and There was no sign of Sapphire or his good for nothing brother. He tried calling Ryan for the nth time, but as expected it went straight to his voice mail.

"Bennett we don't have much time. It's almost midnight and it's time for the patrolling guards for their daily routine." Logan said as he stared at the closed door that led to the west wing of the castle. "Why can't your father live in a normal penthouse suit somewhere in the city rather then staying here in the middle of nowhere?" Ryan demanded making both the men turn towards him.

He was no longer wearing Sapphire's red dress, instead, he was dressed in a pair of loose fitted basketball shorts with his toned upper body bare. "What the hell are you doing here? Where's Sapphire?" Ryan narrowed his eyes, "What do you mean by where is she?" he demanded. Both the men exchanged confused looks as they tried to analyse what he had just said.

"She was supposed to be meeting you at the ladies room, wasn't she?" Logan asked as he stepped before him. "Yes she was. But then there was a change if plan and she was supposed to be meeting us roght here."  he replied as he studied both the men. Who stared at him like they were plotting to murder him. "What's wrong guys?"

Bennett stepped forward his face bare of any expression. "Who told you that there was a change in plan?" he asked, his voice unusually calm. Something was fishy. Ryan understood. For a minute he hesitate to reply. "Tell me Ryan who told you that there was a change in plan?  Did Sapphire say that or was it someone else?"

"No it wasn't Sapphire." he admitted feeling like a teenager who was going to be punished for his lack of concentration. "Then who was it?" Logan stepped in between the two, not wanting to watch Bennett bully his little brother. Ryan hesitated once again making Bennett growl in frustration. "Then who the hell was it?" he demanded.

"It was Emily."  he said. "She said you asked her to inform me about the changes." Logan flashed a confused look an Bennett who looked like he had no clue about what he had said. Bennett ran a hand through his hair as he tried to make sense of whatever was going on. "There was no such changes made then why did she-"

There was slight pause in his statement as he thought it out. There was no proper explanation for the situation other then that Emily had lied to Ryan. But why would she do that? And what for?  "Have any of you talked to Cam?" Ryan asked. Logan shook his head, "Nope. Not after our little chat in the ballroom. He replied.

"Was Emily with him at that time?" Logan shrugged,  "I don't remember seeing her after you abandoned her to dance with my sister." Bennett knit his eyebrows as he stressed on his brain as he tried to recall his last encounter with her. "Neither do I." he replied. "At least not after..." he paused when he noticed a movement behind him.

"Bennett. We have a problem." Cameron announced as he rushed towards them. He had changed it a pair of jeans and his toned chest was bare just like Ryan's. "Get straight to the point." he ordered. "It's Emily," he said. "What about her?" he demanded. "She's Noel's half sister. I just saw her drag a red haired girl out of the ballroom. I tried to follow her, but I think she saw me and.."

"And what?" Logan demanded. "And I don't know, they just disappeared. All thanks to the hideous dress you made me wear. I couldn't move faster then I usually would." he replied. "How do you know that Emily is his half sister?" Ryan demanded. "I heard her talk to him before she marched to the balcony. She was talking about Sapphire and some girl."

"Is this girl the same red haired girl you saw her drag?" Logan asked. "I don't know, but I have a feeling that it was her." he confessed. "I don't understand." Ryan admitted running a hand through his hair. "I think I know what had happened. She was a traitor." Bennett answered. "Listen up guys, right now the only thing we need to think about is Sapphire. Where is she? What if-"