13

"Don't be afraid little boy, I won't hurt you." the stranger said stepping out of the shadows, showing off his striking features under the moonlight, making Ethan take a step back in fear. "Which one are you? Ethan or Evan?" the stranger asked raising an eyebrow. "E..Ethan." he stammered as his body started to shake in fear.

"Okay, so you are the stubborn one? I heard you give your Mommy a hard time dealing with you?" the stranger asked with a mischievous smile playing at the corner of his lips. A smile which didn't quite reach his eyes. "No..I..." the little boy stammered as he started crying louder. "Don't cry little one, I'm not here to hurt you."

Ethan stood there staring at the stranger who had a striking resemblance to his mother. But that wasn't what that was scaring him. It was the gun in his hand that made him shake in fear. "Please let me go." he whispered finally finding courage to talk.

"Of course, I will let you go sweetheart. But let me at least know you a little more." the stranger stated gently ruffling his hair. "You look so much like that son of a bitch." he commented in disgust. "I wonder how didn't you get your mother's striking features." he wondered as he continued to stare at the little boy before him.

Ethan had no clue about what he was talking or what he wanted from him. He was too scared to understand even a single word the stranger was uttering. He wanted to scream for help, but fear that he might hurt him made him stay quiet. "Can I please go?" he almost pleaded making the stranger laugh.

"What's the rush young man, don't you want to spend mare time with your Uncle?" Ethan's eyes went wide in confusion. "U-Uncle?" he stammered making the stranger laugh. "Yes buddy I am your Uncle." he answered in a serious tone. "And your Mommy is my little sister."

"And...I want you to deliver a little message to her." he continued as he took a step back. "Tell her that very soon I'll be coming back to take her home. You will deliver this little message of mine, won't you?" Ethan just nodded a reply, as he watched the stranger in confusion.

"And...if she asks who this message is from? Then tell her it's from Jason. Anyway it was nice meeting you Ethan. See you around. And say hi to Evan." and with that the stranger disappeared back into the shadows leaving the little boy in confusion.

"Ethan!" Sapphire shouted as she rushed towards him her hair in a wild mess. "Where had you been? I was so worried." she whispered as she pulled him into a tight hug.
"Sorry Mommy." the little boy answered wrapping his little arms around her neck.

"Where were you Ethan? And what are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to stay with Uncle Ryan?" Sapphire demanded, pulling away from him as she could study his face. "I...um-" the little boy stammered making Sapphire look up at him in confusion.

Ethan had always been a bold child who never hesitated to talk. And seeing him stammer was a surprise to her. "What's wrong Et?" she demanded gently cupping his face. She could see her baby shake in fear making her even more concerned.

"What happened baby did you see something?" she asked again, but this time in a soft voice which almost sounded like a whisper. Ethan nodded,"Yes Mommy!" he answered as tears rolled down his cheeks. Sapphire gently wrapped her arms around him pulling him into a protective hug as he cried in her arms.

"What happened? Is he alright?" Bennett demanded as he rushed towards them followed by his brothers. Sapphire turned towards him and nodded, "I think so." she stated softly. "Buddy are you alright?" Bennett asked as he crunched down to get a better look at his son. Ethan just nodded a reply.

"What's wrong Sapphire? Why does he look so scared?" Cameron asked concern clear in his voice. "That's what I'm trying to find out." she replied awkwardly as she tried to sooth her little boy. "Ethan won't you tell Mommy what you saw?" she asked making him look up at him with his wide beautiful eyes.

"I saw Uncle Jason." he answered making her heart drop to her stomach. "You saw what?" Ryan blurted out in confusion. Bennett watched Sapphire as all the colour drained from her face. Was this the same Jason they were talking about or was this somebody else?

"Did he say something or anything?" Bennett asked trying really hard to sound calm. Ethan nodded and turned his attention back to Sapphire, "Mommy he said he was going to take you home." a gasp of surprise escaped her lips as she processed every word that he said.

"Now what is that supposed to mean?" Ryan demanded not really understanding what is going on. Bennett stood up on his feet as gently picked Ethan from her arms.
"I think we should take him inside,it's getting cold out here." Bennett suggested making everyone turn towards him. "I think he's right," Cameron agreed.

Sapphire stood up on her feet smoothening the wrinkles on her dress, trying very hard not to look at Bennett who kept glaring at her. "Cam would you take Ethan inside? I have something important to discuss with Sapphire." he stated making her finally look up at him.

"Let's get you inside Ethan, I'm sure Mom might have some ice cream for you." Cameron stated scooping him into his arms and walked back into the mansion. "I think you should go too Ry." Bennett suggested making Ryan roll his eyes. "Gladly." he muttered and stomped away like an angry child.

"We need to talk Sapphire." Bennett snapped as he turned around to face her. "Look Bennett I-" but this time he wasn't going to let her walk away without an explanation. "No Sapphire, you are not going anywhere. Until you tell me what the hell are you hiding from me. And who the hell is Jason Rodriguez?"

"Look I will tell you everything, but not right now. I have to go back to the twins," she replied making him shake his head.
"No Sapphire, you are not leaving till you give me some serious explanation." he could see the defeated look on her face and for some odd reason he knew whatever she was about to say, he wasn't going to like it.

Taking a deep breath she tried to calm her racing pulse. The time had finally came and she had no other choice but to be honest with him. She had seen the scared look on Ethan's face and she knew that it was a warning from Jason. If Jason could break through the security without being noticed, he could do anything.

"We don't have all day Sapphire." he snapped bringing her out of her thoughts. She looked him straight in the eyes and took a step towards him. "You wanted to know who Jason Rodriguez is right? Then listen, Jason Rodriguez is my brother."