21

NOT EDITED :

"Where the hell are we going Ryan?" Sapphire demanded for the nth time as she shifted uncomfortably on her seat. Playing with the edge of her yellow georgette dress, that fell just a few inches above her knees. "Have patience Sister-in law, we are almost there." he said with a wink as he kept driving.

She snorted in response, sure they were almost there. Isn't that the same thing he said an hour ago? And she was damn sure she would hear the same reply if she asked the same question an hour later. 'we are almost there.' almost there? She was damn sure they weren't even close.

She hadn't seen Bennett all day and for some odd reason her thoughts had been on an edge. A sense of longing lurked in her heart. She wanted to talk to him, she wanted to touch him and she wanted him to touch her. God! What was wrong with her?

She had been like this all day, and she could barely concentrate on anything other then her phone. Glancing at it every now and then expecting his text. But she hadn't received a single text from him. And she knew he was purposely ignoring her.

She kept her gaze out of the window aimlessly staring at the buildings that they passed. "Are you always so quiet or you just don't like me?" Ryan asked bringing her out of her thoughts. "I..um.." he raised a perfectly arched eyebrows,

"So you don't like me?" he asked with a fake hurt look on his face. "Of course not. I don't hate you. I was just thinking-" she trailed off not really knowing what else to say. "Thinking about what? Me? I'm right here baby go ahead I'm all yours." he said winking at her.

She laughed at his response. "Bennett wouldn't be happy if he hears that." she said with a fake serious look on her face. "Oh please, that guy has a problem with my very existence." he replied with a snort. And yes he looked as edible as was.

She smiled warmly at him. Yes she did found this man charming, but she definitely wasn't the kind who would fall for him. And in fact he was much younger then her and even if he wasn't it wouldn't matter. Her heart belonged to somebody else and she knew she would never love anybody else other then him.

"So did Bennett really ask you to pick me up or are you abducting me?" he gave her a fake shocked expression as he he dramatically placed his hand over his heart. "You wound me Sister-in law. Did you really think I would use that douche bag's name to abduct you? Come on I would come out with something better."

"Of course you would. " she said sarcastically rolling her eyes at him. He just smiled at her, "Come on Sapphire, don't be so mean. I'm Ryan Milton and Ryan Milton can do anything." he said proudly wriggling his eyebrows at her. She let out a un-ladylike snort and they both burst out laughing.

"And finally we are here." he announced as they pulled into the elegant driveway of The Pentagon; one of the classiest and the most sought restaurant chain in all of Europe and other neighbouring continents( And getting a reservation here is like finding an oesis in a desert).

A nudge on her shoulder brought her out of her thoughts, "i know the thought of leaving me is breaking your heart. But you know if you don't go Bennett will break my bones." he said grinning from ear to ear. She rolled her eyes at his response and unbuckled her seat belt.

She was just about to open the door when it was held open for her. "Hello Sapphire." Cameron greeted as he helped her out of the car. "Cam, I wasn't expecting you to-" he smiled at her warmly as he closed the door shut. Not before glaring at Ryan and asking him to get the hell out. "Gladly." he muttered and bid his goodbye to Sapphire and drove away.

"I hope he didn't bother you much?" Cameron asked as he lead her into the elegant building. "Not at all. He was at his best behaviour." she said with a small smile as she let him guide her further into the building. Which looked as sophisticated as she had expected. But something was odd.