11

BENNETT paced impatiently as he waited for Sapphire. It has been almost an hour and he hadn't seen her or heard from her. Though she was just a staircase away from him, he didn't want to go and talk to her. He knew, she most probably was pissed at him for the little stunt he pulled at the pool. He knew he wasn't going to get on her good books for a very long time.

"Daddy, do you think Mommy is mad at us too?" Evan asked as he looked up at him with wide beautiful eyes. Bennett got down on his knees and gently ruffled his hair. "No buddy, I don't think she is... Why? Does she get mad at you quite often?" The boys shook their head. "No Daddy, she only gets mad at us if we don't finish our breakfast." Bennett chuckled as the image of his Sapphire yelling at the boys flashed in his head.

"Don't worry buddy, she won't be mad at you." He assured him as he got back on his feet. "Daddy where are we going?" Ethan asked curiously making Bennett turn his attention to him."Well, we are going to be having dinner with your grandmother." he answered with a slight smile. "Are we really going to meet granny?" Evan asked in excitement. "Yes buddy, we are really going to meet your granny."

He could see the excitement in their eyes and he couldn't help but admire how perfect they were. He knew it had been just a few hours, but he could still feel a bond form in between them. He knew he had lost a big part of their life. But at least he had been given an opportunity to make it up for all those years he was kept away from him. And he promised himself that he was going to make the best of it.

"Mommy!!" the boys squealed, bringing him out of his thoughts. He quickly adjusted his tie and turned around to face her. "Are you ready to-" his jaws dropped to the ground as he stared at her with wide eyes. He could feel his breath caught up in his lungs as he watched her elegantly walk down the stairs.

Her long black hair was pulled up into a elegant bun, with a few loose strands framing her face. Her eyes were perfectly lined and her lips nicely glossed. She wore a simple black dress that fell just a few inches above her knees. And she was wearing black pumps.

She stared at him with an amused look as she elegantly walked down the stairs. "You look so pretty Mommy." Ethan stated dreamily as he looked up at her. "Thank you sweetie." she thanked as she flashed him one of her best smiles. "Yes Mommy, you look so pretty." Evan added making her smile go wide. "Thank you sweetie." she replied with a smile.

She gently nudged his shoulders bringing him out of his thoughts. "You look beautiful." he breathed as he continued to stare at her with wide eyes. "Bennett I think we should go." she stated completely ignoring his compliment. "You guys go ahead, I will be right there." he stated as he finally re-composed his posture. She just nodded and took the boys hands in her hand and walked away.

Bennett let out a frustrated sigh as he watched her retreating figure. He could see how angry she was, and he knew it's going to take more than just an apology. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts he pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed Ryan. "Is everything alright there? Is Mom upto something?" he demanded impatiently.

"It doesn't look like she has -" he answered,making him let out a breath. "Are you sure about it?" he once again asked not really believing his brother. "Dude, I'm hundred percent positive. Stop worrying , everything's going to be fine." he assured him. "And one more thing," he added. "What is it?" he asked impatiently. "Elizabeth will be joining us."

Elizabeth was Cameron's fiance and had been a part of their family for quite a while. Bennett sighed, "That's not a problem. Just make sure that Mom doesn't do anything stupid." he replied running a hand through his hair. "Don't worry Ben, everything's going to be fine." he assured. "I will see you in some time." and with that he hung up.

"Mommy this car is so nice." Evan chirped as he admired the interior of the limo,as they waited for Bennett. "Yes honey, it is nice." Sapphire answered as she watched the boys with a slight smile on her face. "Mommy can I have this car?" Ethan asked hopefully as he stared at her with expectation.

"Of course you can." Bennett answered as he got into the car.
"What took you so long?" she hissed as he took a seat next to her. "Why my love, missed me?" he asked in a husky voice making her look away. "Daddy can I really have this car?" Ethan asked interrupting their moment. "Of course buddy, you can have anything you want." he replied making Sapphire glare at him.

"Stop spoiling them Ben." she hissed making him raise an eyebrow. "Why my love? Scared that they might switch sides?" she shook her head. "I just don't want them to be like you." she replied making him glare at her. "Look Sapphire I-" but he was interrupted as her phone started to buzz.

She checked the ID and her lips curled into a smile. "Hello Gena, what a pleasant surprise." she chirped happily as she head her voice from the other end. "Sapphire honey, are you alright? Why didn't you call?" she had completely forgotten about that and now she had to make up an excuse for not calling.

"I...um...(She sighed) I was a little caught up so I couldn't call." she stated honestly. "That's ok honey, I'm just glad you are alright." she answered. "So how is Steven? I hope he's not missing the twins too much." She laughed. "Of course he does. But don't worry, he'll get over it soon."

"What about Emily? Is she still mad at me?" she asked hesitantly. "I haven't seen her from morning honey. But don't worry she can't be mad at you for long." she replied. "Hope so." she answered not really sure of what to say. "Ha,and one more thing-" she started. "What is it?" she asked. "Somebody came looking for you this afternoon."

"Who?"

"I don't really know, but he called himself Jason Rodriguez-"

"Jason Rodriguez?" Sapphire blurted out. As all the colour draining from her face. If Jason was out looking for her it means Logan had... "Honey are you alright?" Gena asked bringing her out of her thoughts. "Ya I'm fine... can I call you later?" she asked hesitantly. "Of course honey, take care." and with that she hung up.

Bennett watched Sapphire as all the colour drained from her face. He could feel that something was wrong, but he didn't understand what. But one thing that he was damn sure was, whatever it was it had to be related to this Jason Rodriguez.

He looked up at her one more time making her turn towards him with a questioning look on her face. "What?" she demanded in an irritated tone. She already had a lot of things in her mind and she didn't want to add more to it by entering into another argument with him. He took a deep breath and asked what she had least expected. "Who is Jason Rodriguez?"