17

The next day, Sapphire woke up with a throbbing head. She didn't get a wink of sleep and the only person to be blamed was Bennett. Her mind kept replaying their heated encounter again and again making it almost impossible to think straight. Every inch of her wanted to run to him and beg him to once again claim her.

But she didn't dare to do it, not that the idea didn't appeal her. It was just that she wasn't yet ready to let him back. She knew she had promised him a clean slate. But she wasn't a total idiot to once again fall for his charms. She had once done that mistake and she wasn't going to do that again. But the way her body kept reacting around him she doubted how long that would last.

But then again she hadn't completely forgiven him and a part of her still didn't trust him enough to once again let him access to her heart. Though she had promised herself that she would give him a chance, she couldn't quite make up her mind to give him another chance. But she knew she had to, at least for the twins.

And after last night's event she knew she had to stay at an arm length distance from him. She knew how her body reacted around him and she feared that if he touched her one more time she would lose it. Shaking her head she tried to clear her thoughts. She had to stop thinking about him from now or she was damn sure she would end up climbing his bed once again.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, she pushed herself into a sitting position and grabbed her phone from the night stand. She went through tons of her work e-mails and groaned loudly. She hadn't handed her resignation letter yet and she still didn't understand why didn't she remember it earlier.

Taking a deep breath she deleted all her work emails she wasn't going to need them anymore as she was damn sure that Bennett was anyways not going to allow her to work after they got married and she didn't like that idea at all. She went through her other mails and that's when it caught her attention. An email from Noel Harrison.

Guilt swept over her as she recalled last night's events and she couldn't understand how could she be so rude to him. Yes! She was annoyed that he had ruined their moment but that doesn't mean she had a right to treat him like that especially when all he wanted to do was help her.

She had to apologise to him and soon. She didn't mind opening the email. Instead she quickly dialed his number and waited for him to respond. She feared that he would give her a cold shoulder. But surprisingly he answered within a single ring. And she let out a heavy breath when he heard a "Hello! " from the other end.

"Look I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean to...You know..." she trailed off not wanting to continue the sentence. She could hear him sigh from the other end she could say he was trying very hard to sound calm. "It's alright Sapphire, it was my fault I just barged in uninvited." He said in a groggy tone.

"You are angry aren't you?" she asked, her voice so soft that she feared he wouldn't hear her. "No I'm not." he replied curtly confirming her doubt. "Look,I know what I did last night was wrong and I shouldn't have treated you like that. Please give me a chance to make it up to you" she heard him sigh from the other end. "Look I'm not mad at you Sapphire, at least not anymore."

"Then let me buy you a coffee. Venue your choice." he laughed and she could almost see him shake his head. "As much I want to, I can't. I'm leaving the country for a couple of weeks for business."
It would be a lie if she said she wasn't disappointed. Who wouldn't be? He had just turned down her offer.

"Sapphire are you alright?" he asked bringing her out of her thoughts. "Yes I'm fine. Aren't you going to be attending the wedding?"
"I don't think so. But don't worry I'll make it up to you. Anyways see you soon take care." and with that he hung up. Well! That was weird. For some odd reason she had a feeling that he was avoiding the wedding on purpose.