5

"Why are you here Logan?" Sapphire demanded as she barged into the elegant penthouse suit. Logan looked up at his little sister, and flashed her a million dollar smile. "What happened little sister? Aren't you happy to see me again?" he asked in his rich husky voice. As he lazily leaned into the couch, sipping his wine.

"No I'm not! Now tell me why are you here?" she shouted making him smirk. "You haven't changed much, have you?" he asked in amusement, as he watched her glare at him. "Logan, if you are here to take me home then you are wasting your time. I'm not going back there again."

"I don't think Dad would be very pleased to hear that." he replied as he got up from the couch and walked up to her. "I don't care what Dad thinks. After what he did to Mom there's no way I'm seeing that man again." she replied angrily, she had seen her mother suffer all her life and the only person responsible for it was her father.

"I don't know what that woman has filled you with, little sister. But trust me whatever it is you have to get over it." He sneered, not liking the way she talked about their father. "The woman you are talking about, is our Mother." Sapphire shouted defensively. "Stop defending her Sapphire, she left us for another man."

"She never left us Logan, Dad kicked her out and you know it." Sapphire replied making him roll his eyes. "He found her in bed with another man. What else do you expect?" she chucked and replied. "Of course, he would come up with that. What better reason could he give?"

"Let's not talk about it now." Logan stated not wanting to get involved into an argument about their mother. "By the way, when am I meeting the twins?" he asked changing the subject. He could see colour drain from her face, and he knew that she wasn't expecting to hear that from him.

"How did you know about-" he chuckled and shook his head. "Don't be silly sweetheart . I guessed it the moment you refused to come home from Boston . I just had to do a little digging to confirm it." he replied as if it was no big thing.

"So all these years, you knew I was here all by myself and raising two babies?" she asked in a small voice, which almost sounded like a whisper. "No! I should actually give you a credit on that. You sure are good at covering your tracks." he replied raising his glass in a salute.

"Then when did you find out?" she asked after a few minutes of silence. "A couple of months back. I wanted to come here sooner, but you know how our business is. We have to take care of things personally." He replied as he poured himself another glass of wine. " Would you like some? " she shook her head.

"So does Dad know about the twins?" she asked anxiously. He gave her a small smile and replied. "Yes he does. Although he wasn't happy about it at the beginning. The idea of two new addition to the family, kind of thrilled him." "So that's why he wants me home?"She asked

He nodded. "Maybe, but I think he just misses you too much. And maybe that's why he wants you home." he replied honestly. "If he wants me home that bad, then why did he send you and not Jason?" she asked knowing her father way too well.

"Maybe he doesn't knows I'm here." he replied making her raise an eyebrow. "I'm surprised, from when did you stop telling Dad about your whereabouts?"
"Maybe from the day you refused to come home." he replied without looking at her.

"So why did you want to meet me?" she asked after a few minutes of awkward silence. "I want you to come with me before they get to you." he blurted out not really knowing how to explain the situation to her. "What are you talking about?" she demanded in a confused tone, making him regret ever bringing it up.

"Let's not talk about it now. Please go back home and pack. We will be leaving shortly." she shook her head. "I'm not going anywhere. So please don't force me to do something I would regret later. And anyways thank you for stopping by. I would really appreciate, if you leave town as soon as possible."

"Sapphire listen to me. I-" but she cut him off. "Look, I'm not going anywhere with you. So please... Stop bothering me." with that she turned on her heels and walked out of the suit without turning back.

Storming out of the elevator, Sapphire rushed towards the main entrance, not really caring about the weird looks she received from the people around. "Have a nice day Miss." she heard the door man great as she rushed out of the door without acknowledging him.

Stepping into the busy street, she took a deep calming breath. She didn't want to think about what happened in Logan's penthouse. She already had enough on her plate, and she didn't want to add any more problems on it.

She didn't know what he was talking about or who was he talking about. All she knew was she had nothing to do with it. And even if she did, she didn't want to do anything with it. Shaking her head she tried to clear her thoughts.

She was so lost in thoughts that she didn't notice the sleek silver convertible pull right in front of her with a screech making her almost jump out of her skin. Running a hand through her silky black hair, she took a deep breath.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you." Bennett stated with no hint of sincerity, as he gracefully got out of his car. Stepping in front of her he gently tucked a loose strand behind her bringing her out of her daze.

"What are you doing here Bennett?" she asked in a soft voice, making her sound nervous. "I could be asking you the same thing." he calmly replied as he studied her stunning face. "You know what? Well! Never mind." she replied and turned around and tried to walk away.

But he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to his side. "Let me go Bennett." she shrieked as she tried to free herself from his grip. "Look, I'm sorry about that time. I was just....angry." he replied making Sapphire stare at him with wide eyes. Did Bennett Milton, just apologise to her?

Bennett gently let go of her hand and waited for her to respond. He knew what she was thinking, and it kind if amused him. He watched her take a sharp intake of breath. And it kind of made him nervous, as he knew she was going to answer.

"I don't know what are you up to Bennett, but I swear I will not let you take my babies away from me." she snapped at him, making him regret being nice to her. But this time he wasn't going to lose his cool. "I wasn't planning to." he replied honestly.

"Then why are you following me?" she demanded making him chuckle. "I wasn't stalking you Sapphire. I was just passing by, Saw you here and thought you might need a ride home. You know how difficult it is to get a cab these days."

"Thank you, for being so generous Mr Milton. But I would rather pay for a cab then drive with you." she replied confidently. "I didn't say you had a choice." he replied making her roll her eyes. "Yes I do."

Turning on her heels she tried to walk away, but paused when she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist, pinning her against his chest . "Let me go Ben!" she shouted gaining a few attention of the people around. "Stop acting like a baby and get into the car Sapphire. We have something important to discuss." he stated in a calm yet serious tone.

She wanted to protest, but something in her told her that whatever he wanted to discuss was related to her twins. Nodding her head she got into the car without a word. Taking a deep breath, Bennett got into the car and and speed off.

Logan took a deep breath, as he watched his sister get into the car and speed off. He knew what he was about to do was wrong. But he didn't have a choice. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number . Once he heard a deep hello, he took a deep breath and replied. "We found her Dad."