22

NOT EDITED :

A commotion outside the room made them pull away almost immediately. "What's going on?" She asked as she stared at the closed double doors in confusion. The voices were getting louder and louder and for some odd reason they sounded familiar. "I don't know." he replied honestly as he followed her gaze. "I think we should go check what's going on." she suggested. Bennett shook his head, "No.You stay here I'll go check."

And without waiting for her response he turned around and walked towards the door. But paused in his tracks as the door bust open and men dressed in crisp black suites and ear pieces filled the room, surrounding them in a circular form. "Stay where you are. Do not move." one of the men ordered as he pointed his gun towards him.

Bennett immediately backed off as he stared at them in confusion. "What the hell is going on here?" he demanded as he studied the older man's face. "We are not answerable to you Mr Milton." the man said in a matter of fact way as he held his gun firmly in his hands. "Yes you are. You can't just barge in anywhere you like." the old man rolled his, "We are sorry Mr Milton. But we have orders."

And this was Bennett's turn to rill his eyes. "Orders to barge in to someone's date and ruin it?" he said sarcastically. The old man's expression hardened as he glared at the young man before him. "As I have already said, I'm not answerable to you Mr Milton." he said firmly as he took a step towards him.

"Jacob." Sapphire breathed as recognition hit her. He shifted his gaze to her and his rigid expression softened and he immediately lowered his gun. "Hello Ms Rodriguez. It's good to see you after so long." he said with a small smile on his face. Sapphire stared at the man with wide eyes and blinked several times making sure she wasn't dreaming.

This was no dream, standing before her was her father's right hand man and also his chief security in-charge Jacob Hunt. He was her father's most trusted man and also his one and only best friend. And for her, he had always been a father figure who had always been for her whenever she needed someone to talk to.

"What are you doing here Jacob?" she asked or rather demanded as she stepped forward standing right beside Bennett, who was staring at her in confusion. She turned towards him and nodded as she understood his unasked question. "Bennett this is Jacob Hunt, my father's chief security in-charge." she introduced.

"Nice to meet you Mr Hunt." he said sarcastically as he offered his hand to shake. "Bennett." Sapphire warned as she glared at him. "Sarcasm is not going to help." she whispered shutting him immediately. "Likewise Mr Milton." he said mimicking his tone. He turned towards Sapphire and once again his eyes softened.

"Why are you here Jacob?" she repeated as she stared at him expectantly, waiting for an answer which she already knew. "We have instructions Ms Rodriguez." he said. "Instructions for what? " Bennett demanded impatience clear in his voice. And as expected Jacob ignored him.

"What does he want Jacob?" she asked straight away not really bothering what would he think. "He wants you to come back home Ms." he says solemnly as he expectantly waited for her response. She sighed heavily, "Look Jacob, you know that's not happening right?" he nodded, "Yes I do. But I'm instructed not to return without you."

"Bullshit. She's not going anywhere. If that old man so desperately wants to see his daughter, them tell him my door is always open for him." Jacob gave him a disapproving look and dismissed his rude suggestion with an eye roll. "Ms Rodriguez, you have been away for a very long time. And I think your family has missed you way too much and so-"

"And so you are suggesting that she pack her things and follow you and your minions like a lost puppy?" Bennett growled having enough of this. "Bennett." Sapphire hissed giving him a pleading look. "No Sapphire, playing nice is not going to help. And you Mr I suggest you better get the hell out of here before I call the police."