7

"WHAT?? That's insane... He can't do that!" Sapphire shouted as she glared at the legal documents in her hands. No this can't be true. He can't do this to her. He had promised her he wouldn't take them away from her. "Ms Grey, you need to calm down." The man in the navy blue suite asked.

"Calm down? How do you think I should calm down?" she snapped at him. He could see the tears in her eyes, and yes he did feel bad for this young woman in front of him. But he wasn't here to take pity on her. He was here for his job and that's all he was supposed to care about.

"I understand what you are going through Miss Grey but my client is really furious and he wants his sons custody." he replied in a cold tone. "You know what? I don't care a rats ass about your client. I'm not going to let him take away my sons. Now get the fuck out of here."

He took a deep breath and replied. "Ms Grey you-" but she cut him off in the middle. "I SAID GET OUT!!" she shouted making him flinch. "Fine. Thank you for giving me your time Ms Grey. See you in court." he emphasised on the last part of his statement and stormed out of the house with a frustrated look on his face.

It has been five days since she had that talked with Bennett and she hasn't seen him or heard from him ever since. She hoped she never would. But it seems like fate had a different plan for her. And it was time for her to once again meet the devil.

Taking a deep breath she made her way towards the twins room. With every step she took, she had a sickening feeling in her heart. A feeling of fear and anxiety, a fear of losing her only reason for life. She wasn't going to let him take them away. No matter what she has to do.

She watched her boys as they slept peacefully cuddling with each other. She cautiously made her way into the room and started collecting the scattered toys and neatly put them into their toy boxes carefully, making sure not to mix up their toys. She knew how possessive they were of their toys and she didn't want them to fight over a stupid toy.

Putting their favourite blanket over them she placed a gentle kiss on their forehead. "Sleep tight babies." She whispered with a faint smile on her face. Gently getting up from the bed she walked out of the room making sure she closed the door behind her. It was midafternoon and her boys would generally sleep at this time.

Pulling out her phone she texted Emily asking her to come over as soon as possible. She needed someone to be with the twins when she left and Emily was the first person she could think about. And she received her reply almost immediately asking a thousand questions like, 'What happened?', 'Is something wrong?' etc etc.

Putting her phone back into her pocket she made her way towards her room to grab her jacket. She could feel her hands tremble as she picked her jacket and her purse from her cupboard. She didn't know what she going to do or how is she going to get out of this mess. But all she knew was the answer for all her questions was one person, BENNETT MILTON.

The sound of the doorbell brought her out of her thoughts. 'Well that was pretty fast.' she thought to herself, as she made her way towards the door. She opened the door expecting to see her angry best friend ready to yell at her. But what she didn't expect was to find a casually dressed Noel standing at her doorstep with a small smile on his face.

"Hey!" he greeted as he studied her beautiful face. "Hey!" she replied awkwardly making him raise an eyebrow. "Won't you invite me in?" he asked politely as he flashed her a small smile. "Oh sorry! Please come in." She replied as she stepped away from the door letting him in.

"Did I come at a wrong time? You seemed to be going somewhere. If you want I could come back some other time?" He asked as he observed her. "No that's alright. I was actually waiting for Emily. And I think I will be here for quite a while." She replied shaking her head.

"Would you like coffee or something?" she offered as they walked into the lounge room. "Coffee would be nice." he replied as he observed his surrounding, and spotted the documents onto the table. "Fine! I'll be right back." she replied and walked into the kitchen.

Once she was out of sight, he cautiously picked up the documents and went through the pages. He could feel his body shake with anger as he read every word written in it. And he couldn't believe that, that guy would stoop so low to get her back. He knew what exactly Bennett was trying to do. And he wasn't going to let him win. Sapphire was his and only his. He would not let anybody take her away from him.

"Is something bothering you Sapphire?" he asked as he walked into the kitchen with a stern look on his face. "No. Nothing is bothering me Noel. Why would you ask?" she replied hesitantly. "Because you are hiding something." he replied making her heart skip a beat. "What are you talking about?"she asked making him angry. "What is this Sapphire?" he asked as he showed her the documents.

"Where did you find them?" she demanded as she snatched the documents from his hand. "The next time you try to hide something. Make sure you keep it somewhere nobody can find it." he snapped at her. Taking a deep breath he continued, "Look Sapphire, I can help you. And I can only do it if you let me."

"I know you want to help, but I can handle this by myself." She replied looking anywhere but him. "No you can't. Look if you go to court, there is a chance of him getting the custody. And-" but before he says anything else, she cut him off in the middle. "I already know that Noel. And that's why I'm not going to court."

He gave her a confused look. "What are you going to do Sapphire?" he asked. "I don't know Noel. I honestly don't know. All I know is I won't let him take them away. No matter what I have to do." he walked up to her and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and replied. "You don't have to do anything Sapphire. You just have to trust me."

"Take your hands off her Harrison." A new voice interrupted making them turn towards the newcomer. "What the hell are you doing here Bennett?" Noel demanded as he pushed Sapphire behind him protectively. "I could be asking you the same thing." He pointed out stepping further into the kitchen.

"Now if you are done here, I would like you to get the hell out of here." Bennett snapped making him roll his eyes. "And who do you think you are to tell me what to do?" he snapped back at him. "Listen up guys please keep your voices down. The twins are sleeping upstairs, and I don't want to wake them."

Bennett glanced at the documents in her hands and he knew that his plan was working. He knew he was acting like a total douche bag. But this was the only way to get her back. He turned his attention back to Noel, who now looked as if he was going to explode into flames. And honestly, he found it pretty amusing.

"Answer me Bennett, why are you here?" Noel shouted bringing him out of his thoughts. But instead of answering him he turned towards Sapphire. "We need to talk Sapphire, and in private." He stated stressing a bit more at the last part of his statement. Sapphire knew what he wanted to discuss. And she knew she had to do this.

She turned towards Noel and gave him an apologetic look. "Noel please." she pleaded making him look at her in disbelief. "Sapphire, what are you-" but he was cut off in the middle. "You heard her right? Now leave." Bennett sneered. "Fine. I will leave, but you know I'm always there for you." and with that he stormed out of the kitchen. Bennett turned towards her and asked, "Now tell me Sapphire what is your answer?"