Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki

37 2 0
By Mysi85

The huntress strolled through the shopping district, which also housed the Baka Ika. She looked at a variety of things in the shop windows, but she felt no desire to buy anything. Previously she would have spent the money surely for manga and drawing utensils, but now it seemed like a waste of money. What for needed someone like her money? Weapons? Ammunition? At the moment she had Yoshiro as her supplier, but maybe she should start to take care of her own equipment. She could not imagine, but maybe her "uncle" would not forever be there for her. The thought made her feel uneasy. She now knew some other Oni, but she still had to learn so much.

The blue-haired paused in front of a showcase, where several knives were presented. She noticed one that had a hand guard, which was studded with thorns. If one smashed this part into someone's face, one could gouge his eye. Pretty brutal.

"Hey, Yuna-chan.", sounded two voices in unison.

She turned her head and saw Kaito and Mizuki beside her. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Both were running around in their punky, torn clothes. Nevertheless, they were a cute couple.

"Hey, you two."

"Everything okay with you?", asked Mizuki.

"Sure. You too?"

"Sure.", grinned Kaito.

The guitarist looked from the high school student to the showcase and back. "What are you doing here?"

Yuna smiled. "I'm going to meet Wata in the Baka Ika." Mizuki pursed her lips. "You two haven't talked yet?", wondered the huntress.

"Well ..." The violet-haired girl didn't quite know what to say.

"My darling has realized that she overreacted. But she would never admit it."

"Hey!" Mizuki grabbed the bassist on the ear and tugged at his earring.

"Ouch!" He patted her hand until she let go of him.

Yuna laughed. "You two are totally sweet."

Sheepishly, the guitarist looked away. "Thank you, sweetie.", grinned Kaito.

"Do you want to join me and Wataru for dinner? Then you can end your argument."

"Better not.", refused Mizuki.

"Come on, darling. At one point you two have to talk to each other."

"Can I be honest?", asked Yuna.

"Sure." The other two looked at the huntress.

"It's our first date and I'm afraid that we're going to run out of topics and it's going to be awkward." Embarrassed, she looked down.

The couple stared at her and began to giggle. "Don't tell me he has finally dared to ask you out on a date?", marveled the older girl.

"Actually, we are together. Saturday night we kissed and since Sunday we're a couple."

The other two looked at her with big eyes. "You're bullshitting us, right?", groaned Kaito.

"No. Not at all."

"Really?" Mizuki looked quite incredulous.

Yuna slowly turned red. "For real. Suddenly it all went very quickly."

Both musicians looked at each other again. "Who will win the bet now, darling?"

"No one. Most likely Nobu.", mused the guitarist.

Conspiratorially Kaito lowered his voice. "He can never know."

The violet-haired nodded resolutely. "I agree."

"Uh ... what now?" The blue-haired looked confused.

"We like to accompany you to your first date.", stated Mizuki.

"Hell yeah. And afterwards, we go sing karaoke."

"We'll see that.", tried the guitarist to slow down her boyfriend.

The bassist took the lead. "Let's go!"

He pulled Mizuki with him, who hinted at Yuna with her head to follow them. The huntress was still looking slightly confused. Somehow this situation had just gained a strange momentum.

They entered the Baka Ika and Kaito shouted: "Hey, Takeru-kun! Guess who's here!"

A young man, who resembled Wataru confusingly similar, except for a smooth shave and short hair, stretched his with a chef's hat covered head out of a door frame. "I'm going crazy! Kaito-kun, you old dog!"

He came out of the kitchen and wiped his hands on his apron. The two young men greeted each other with a series of handshakes.

The cook grinned. "I'm sorry if you smell like fish now."

"Easy. I've already spoiled motor oil on myself today."

"Hey, Sasaki-chan.", Takeru greeted the girlfriend of his friend.

"Hey, Shimada-kun."

The cook looked at Yuna and whistled. "Hello, sister."

She still stared at him because of the similarity with her boyfriend. She quickly blinked. "Um ... hi?"

Takeru began to smile broadly. "Shy, cute. Who did you bring to me?"

"That's Yuna-chan.", introduced Mizuki the blue-haired.

"Sweet name." The cook took a step towards her and bowed politely. "To what do I owe the honor, my dear?"

"Hands off! Mine!", shouted Wataru, who just came in through the entrance.

"Hey, little brother.", Takeru greeted him.

Brother? Takeru was Wataru's brother? The huntress looked back and forth between the two young men. Well, they looked similar. Very similar indeed. They were the same size and the only visible difference was made by their haircut and beard.

"You're just three minutes older. Stop bragging.", hissed the singer.

Wataru had a twin brother? Why had he never mentioned him before? Oh right ... actually she and her boyfriend hardly knew each other. Uneasy noticed the huntress that she knew very little about the boy she was starting to fall in love with. Somehow these things hadn't been discussed by them so far.

The bike courier came over to Yuna. "Hey, sweetheart." He stood next to her and briefly squeezed her hand. The other three stared at them in horror.

"She told the truth!", gasped Mizuki.

"Oh damn!"

"Ah ... she's the girl you told me about.", realized Takeru.

"Yes. Hey, Mizuki-chan, Kaito-kun."

Kaito grinned. "Yo, Bro."

"Hey, Wata-kun." The violet-haired looked awkwardly.

"Come on." Her boyfriend nudged her with his elbow.

"Yeah, yeah." She looked at Wataru. "I'm sorry about Saturday night."

"No. You were right. I should have checked with you guys."

The blonde pulled out his cell phone. "Oh yeah. Have you seen the video?", he asked Takeru.

"What video?"

"You're going to drop dead from laughter." He showed the video, in which Mizuki slapped Wataru, to the cook.

The older twin snorted. "Oh my God! How cool!", he bawled.

"Shimada-kun! The Sashimi doesn't prepare itself.", it boomed from the kitchen.

"Sorry, guys. I have to go back to work. See you later, okay?"

"Sure.", the others answered in unison.

"It was nice to meet you, Yuna-chan."

"Likewise."

Takeru disappeared into the kitchen. For a moment the singer looked at his girlfriend extensively. For a date she had dressed really strange, but he had already noticed that she was not particularly girly. When she noticed his gaze, she smiled at him shyly from her side.

His eyes wandered over to his friends, who stared at him.

"What are you two doing here?", wondered Wataru.

"We wanted to have dinner here today. I hadn't seen Takeru for a while.", replied Kaito.

"How about a double date?", asked Yuna cautiously her boyfriend. He looked hesitant back and forth between the parties.

"Oh yeah! We haven't done that for so long.", cheered Mizuki.

"Actually, I was hoping that we would have some time for us, Yuna-chan."

"Don't be a spoilsport, Bro.", interjected the bassist.

Wataru sighed. "If all of you agree, I'm overruled anyway."

"Awesome!" Kaito gave his girlfriend a high-five, then he offered his hand to Yuna. The girl laughed and clapped his hand. The blonde stretched out his hand towards the singer. "Come on, dude."

"Yeah, yeah." Wataru slapped his hand too.

They sat down at a table for four, Wataru and Yuna on the one side, Kaito and Mizuki on the other, and began to chat excitedly. They ordered a round of soft drinks and Miso soup as a starter.

"So, what exactly happened with you guys?", asked Mizuki.

Wataru looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"On Saturday you were still scared to ask her out on a date, and now she's your girlfriend?"

"Well..." Wataru and Yuna looked at each other. "It just happened."

"Lame.", said Kaito.

"Come on. More details.", insisted the senior high school student.

"After you both left, I went to the bar to meet up with the crew. Then Ayumi wanted to talk to me and we went to the backstage. She neatly read me the riot act and after that I just wanted to go home and be alone."

Wataru paused and looked at his girlfriend. The other two also watched her. The huntress sipped her Coke through a straw until she realized that she should continue to tell.

"I followed him once Ayumi told me that he had gone."

The guitarist was almost on the edge of her seat in excitement. "And then?"

"She found me and we walked home together. Somehow she must have noticed how depressed I was, because suddenly we were holding hands.", continued the singer.

"Kawaii.", sighed Mizuki.

"We looked at the moon together." Wataru threw an amorous glance at Yuna. "Then I confessed my love to her."

"How corny.", muttered the blonde.

"Some romance wouldn't hurt you, dork.", hissed his girlfriend.

"And then we kissed.", finished the huntress the story.

"Man, you're lucky. I envy you, Yuna-chan.", raved the violet-haired.

Displeased the bassist turned to his girlfriend. "Excuse me? I sit here next to you."

"Shut up, dork."

Kaito and Mizuki often quarreled a little bit, but somehow it suited them both. Yuna smiled to herself, wondering at the same time what kind of couple she and Wataru would be in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 455 17
*No-Dah-chee* Book One in the Warrior of Dreams series! She moved so quick that her aura left behind afterimages, causing a blue spider web-like scen...
22 5 67
Twenty-three years alive, why had he never felt this way about anyone before? "Joba?" His name was a question in her mouth. So perfect on her lips. ...
6 4 25
Resting at the bottom in a pit of mistakes; Alex struggles to find his place in the world. Without the comfort of family, he trudges blindly forward...
163 16 7
[This is a one-shot original work of fantasy] {COMPLETED} Tired of the same old "other world" anime? This is my play on the subject, turning it on it...