The Forgotten Bionic (~Lab Ra...

By kate8800

Destiny thought she could hide her secrets away, but one incident made her reveal everything from her past. H... More

Prologue
Speed Trapped
Spy Fly
Missin' The Mission
Quarantined
Robot Fight Club
Bro Down
The Rats Strike Back
Parallel Universe
Spike's Got Talent
Leo VS (Fake) Evil Part 1
Leo VS (Fake) Evil Part 2
Extra Chapter: Little Talks
Hole In One (Part 1)
Hole In One (Part 2)
Trucked Out
Bionic 500 (Part 1)
Bionic 500 (Part 2)
Bionic Showdown (Part 1)
Bionic Showdown (Part 2)
Extra Chapter: Explanations And Reconnections
Memory Wipe
A/N: Lab Rats Series Finale
Avalanche
A/N: Hiatus
Extra Chapter: Apologies
Adam Up
A/N: SWISHEROO--I TAG YOU!! MAHOGANY
Llama Drama
The Haunting of Mission Creek High
Perry 2.0
My Little Brother
Prank You Very Much
Trent Gets Schooled
No Going Back
Book 3!!!

'Twas the Mission Before Christmas

1.8K 62 20
By kate8800

~Published August 1, 2016~ A/N: School time is coming back?!?!?! D: D: D:

==Destiny's POV==

I walked down the stairs to see only Tasha near the Christmas Tree. I looked around and no one was around.

"Uh...Where did everyone go?" I asked Tasha and she looked up at me.

"Oh, they said something about an urgent mission or something." She told me.

"Thanks!" I call out before geo-leaping into the lab. "Heyo! Need my help?" I announced my presence and Donald nodded.

"Facility X is experiencing aftershocks from a volcanic eruption that was nearby. Do you wanna join the mission?" Donald questioned me and I nodded after a while. The trio went out of their capsules and they had their mission suits on. "I can't believe I'm saying this: but here's your mission suit." Donald pretended to tear up as I walked into Chase's capsule.

My mission suit was a little different than the others. Mine had a vest that had protective gear. Worn above it was a jacket that had more protection on the shoulders. Leather like gloves were on my hands and they were laced with a purple glow. I wore the same leggings Bree had on her mission suit and they were tucked behind my knee high combat boots. The Davenport Industries logo was printed on the right side of my leggings, presumably, where pockets should normally go if these were jeans. (The picture isn't the whole mission suit, it's more protective and it's made out of the same fabric as the mission suits the trio has.)

I got out of the capsule and looked below me to check the suit out.

"Woah..." Everyone excluding Donald trailed off.

"This is so cool! Thanks Donald!" I smiled at him and gave me the same look. "What's this though?" I pointed at the mini capsule that rested on the left side of my belt.

"Pull it out." He simply said and I grabbed it out of it's latch. I saw a button on it and it shot out two purple lasers on both sides. "It's supposed to be like an actual bow-staff." He explained before I pretended to draw back an arrow. A purple arrow drew back along with more lasers and I let go of the arrow, which left a trail then quickly vanished. "It's a plasma bow-staff."

"That's awesome, Big D! But it still sucks that you guys have to go on a mission on Christmas Eve...." Leo then turned towards Donald. "Just to be clear, I don't have to wait for them to open my presents, right?" Donald replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Well, I'm not gonna let this ruin my Christmas spirit, so I will be wearing my santa hat." Adam told us brightly before putting on a hat that was in his mission bag. My stuff is in Bree's bag since we don't carry a lot and because Chase and Adam carry most of the important stuff.

"Really, Adam? A santa hat with a mission suit?" Chase rose an eyebrow.

"Hey, if the ladies at the bank can wear them at work, so can I." Adam protested, which kinda made a point.

"I can't re-establish contact with Dr. Evans. The volcano must've knocked out satellite communications." Donald told us, gravely.

"So, Dr. Evans is the guy who stays at Facility X?" I asked to be caught up in the info.

"Yeah. There's a giant ash cloud that has plunged the area into total darkness. There is no way rescue teams will be able to get through." Donald further showed a hologram of the facility on the cyberdesk.

"Well, that means Dr. Evans is trapped." "And needs our help." Bree and I said.

"Well, he's better off. The airports are packed this time of year." Adam laughed as I shook my head, signaling him to stop. 

"There's an automated transport ready to take you up there, but without satellite communications, Leo and I won't be on comm set." Donald informed.

"Ah, well, it will be tough navigating through a mission without the constant sound of Leo chomping on carrot sticks." Chase sarcastically smiled before the trio left towards the garage.

"We'll be safe, I promise!" I told the two after chuckling.

"You know I'm a stress eater!" Leo called out as we went on the transport. Hopefully this mission will go according to plan.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"We ready?" I asked the three while wrapping my jacket closer to me. Guess I'll have to modify this when we get back. Heaters are malfunctioning.

"Yup!" "Let's go." "Do you think he has a Christmas tree there?" Adam said the last part and I smiled.

"Well, one way to find out." We step into the facility and we looked around the area. Has a nice...ambiance...to it, I guess? Barrels and other things look like they were brought down due to the aftershocks, but other than that, the place seems fine.

"Oh good, you made it!" A man with a lab coat, 2 button up shirts, and viking hat on him came towards us. There were wires wrapping around the two horns the hat had and it didn't look like something for Christmas cheer. His voice was low and sounded like a southern man.

"Uh, did we really just risk our lives to save a guy in a viking helmet?" Bree deadpanned as I sighed.

"Oh, this?" He gestured to his hat. "This is my TV antennae. When the ash cloud clears, I get great reception. All two eskimo channels!" He explained to us.

"Uh, fantastic? I guess?" I cheered with a confused smile.

"Is everything okay here?" Chase questioned seriously.

"Well, the volcano really shook things up. Communications are down, and the pizza guy is four years late." He joked about the last part and I rolled my eyes at how bad the joke was. "But other than that, I'm good!"

"Great, another genius with bad jokes. Merry Christmas to me." Bree sarcastically thanked as I patted her shoulder.

"Wow. I can't believe I'm finally getting to meet the bionic super-humans I've been hearing so much about!" Dr. Evans cheered.

"What? You know our secret? Oh, great, we came to save him and now we have to destroy him? Chase, you grab his legs, I'll get the bucket." Adam was leaving to a nearby bucket before I pulled on his collar to bring him back.

"He's Mr. Davenport's chief scientist, he knows everything about us." Chase explained.

"That's right!" He smiled before looking at me. "Though, I don't know who you are."

"I'm Destiny. Uhm...have you heard of Lab Rat D?" I rubbed the back of my neck while he nodded.

"Wait--you're her!" I nodded to his connection. "You're the android that became human!!" He grasped both of my shoulders with his hands. "That's incredible! Can I just say something: you're amazing! Uh, here, let me show you around." He grabbed Adam and I with his right arm, and grabbed Chase and Bree with his other, then proceeded to turn us around. "This is my lab-slash-bedroom-slash-kitchen-slash-that's pretty much it." 

"Wait, you live here all alone?" Bree asked before he quickly nodded. "With no brothers?" He shook his head. "Does this place have a guest house?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"This is it. And I'm sorry about the mess, things have really gone downhill since my hologram wife left me..." He sadly went over to a box.

"You really wanna stay here with him now?" I whispered to Bree, who shook her head vigorously. 

"I'm just kidding, we get along great!" He joked. "Although she's a hologram, she's not really there for me." Chase, Bree, and I all nodded at this point.

"Hey, guys, look! A giant crystal ball! I'm gonna ask it a question." Adam placed both of his hands on the glass. "When will Chase start to look like a man?" This made me laugh and that made me earn an elbow to the shoulder by Chase.

"Careful, careful! It's a gamma-sphere. It's a containment vessel for the most powerful energy known to man: gamma rays. If we could harness these, we could solve the world's energy problems." Dr. Evans explained. "Davenport and I have been working on this for years..."

"Whoa, wait a minute." Chase interrupted. "I was trying to develop a gamma-sphere for Mr. Davenport."

"Well, I guess I beat you to it, little guy." Dr. Evans looked down on Chase while I tried to stifle my laughter. "Don't feel bad, nobody's perfect. In fact, if they have out medals for trying, you would have a gold." At this point, Bree and I were smiling and silently laughing at this.

"Are you patronizing me?!" Chase exclaimed.

"It's patronizing. And yes!" Dr. Evans said the word with different emphasis and laughed.

"You do realize I'm the smartest person on the planet!?" Chase bragged.

"And every time you have to say it, it diminishes it just a little bit." Dr. Evans said the truth as I bent over in laughter. Chase glared at me while I wiped away a tear that was forming in my eye.

"He is saying the truth, man!" I protested.

"Are you watching this?" Bree asked Adam.

"Oh, I can't look away." Adam agreed after I regained my posture.

"Luckily, the sphere wasn't damaged during the eruption. Even the slightest crack could have had catastrophic consequences." Dr. Evans explained.

"Like what?" Bree and Adam questioned in unison.

"The gamma rays would've blown a hole in the atmosphere and wiped out twenty percent of the population!" Evans concluded.

"Well, that is Davenport Industries: 'risking the fate of mankind since 1992.'" Bree sarcastically stated while I nodded. 

"Come on, Dr. Evans, we gotta get you out of here." Chase tried to order but failed.

"Whoa, I can't leave until I've stabilized a few things. If you'll all help me, this won't take very long!" He called out.

"Oh, it won't take long, because I'm smart." Chase gloated once again.

"Seriously, Chase?" I shook my head whilst doing the gesture Evans was doing earlier: making my thumb and index finger squeeze closer together. He rolled his eyes and we all got prepared to help Dr. Evans out.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

We started to barricade everything with nets so that they wouldn't fall in place. I used my water manipulation to pick up any broken things, Chase used his Molecular Kinesis to bring the barrels and boxes into place, Adam helped carry the more heavier things, and Bree grappled the nets to some of the pipe pillars. 

"Oh, thanks for lending a hand, guys." Evans thanked.

"No problem-o!" I smiled at the man.

"Glad we could help, 'cause you needed it. Yep, brilliant scientist rescued by a 15 year old. You sir, are welcome." Chase boasted before sauntering over to me.

"You really hate being one-up'ed, don't you?" I cooed.

"Shut up!" He whined as he crossed his arms like a kid. Rumbling started to be heard and we made sure some of the boxes didn't fall out.

"What was that?" Bree said loudly.

"Remember that questionable meatball sandwich I had at the gas station? Question's been answered." Adam smiled with his reply.

"No, that sounded like an--" Chase and I started before we all looked at each other.

"Aftershock." Evans, Chase, and I chorused together. 

"Brace yourselves!" Evans warned while we scurried to cover. I used my bionic force fields to shield everyone until the shaking stopped.

"Okay, that was not the meatballs!" Adam voiced out.

"Uh, Dr. Evans?" Chase worriedly pointed towards the gamma-sphere, which was developing a crack in the glass.

"Oh no! There's a crack in the gamma-sphere!" Evans screamed out.

"Oh, that looks dangerous...Well, we're gonna bounce. Merry Christmas!" Adam waved before Bree grabbed him back. We all went behind Dr. Evans and he blocked us with his arm.

"Don't get too close. If that crack opens up, those gamma rays will mix with the ash cloud, and say goodbye to Northern Hemisphere!" Evans quickly explained to us.

"Can we patch the crack?" Chase questioned.

"Patch the crack?" Evans turned to him. "Billion-dollar technology, unstable energy source. Sure, let's put a little chewing gum in there and see if that works!" Wow, Dr. Evans is just as sarcastic as Douglas...and a little bit like me.

"Starting to see why the hologram wife left." Chase scoffed as Dr. Evans gasped.

"Look, there's no point in arguing, so let's brainstorm some ideas on how to fix this!" I interrupted their petty fight and everyone listened.

"How about I shoot my heat vision at it?" Adam brought up.

"How would that help?" Bree asked.

"I don't know, it's what I do." Adam countered and the crack started to grow even more.

"Whoa! The more oxygen that get's in that crack, the worse this is gonna get." Dr. Evans scooted us back with him.

"Wait! Maybe we can temp--" Chase started and I caught on.

"-Orarily contain the crack--" I added once more.

"Using our force fields!" We cheered in unison and smiled.

"Great, and I'll come up with a more permanent solution!" Dr. Evans rushed to his desk as Chase built up his field.

"You go first, or should I?" I asked him.

"I'll go first, you had more practice keeping it longer." Chase brought up and placed his shield so it surrounded the glass container.

"Tell me when you see it falter, I'll put my field up on yours." I told him and he nodded.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

I was working with Dr. Evans when I heard more static.

"Destiny! The gamma rays are melting a hole in my force field! I don't know how much longer I'll be able to contain it." Chase yelled.

"Alright! Building up force field!" I brought up my hands and spun them around, making a purple force field. I put my field on his and my field surrounded the area. "Break off in 3, 2, 1...Now." Chase brought his down and I kept mine up. It was going fine until I felt a weird burn in my neck.

"Des! Your field!" Bree shouted and I saw it was turning red.

"Chase, I think you might need to hold it a little more..." I grunted out. "I don't think Davenport upgraded my actual chip!" Chase built his field up and placed it around mine. My force field popped out and I was electrocuted by my own chip. "Gahh!" I screamed out before landing into Bree and Adam. 

"Dr. Evans, I don't think I'll be able to hold it like before." Chase warned.

"Well, you have to, I don't have a fix yet!" Evans called out from his desk.

"Shocking..." Chase sarcastically wondered as Bree propped me up on Dr. Evans' desk.

"So when the gamma rays hit, we're pretty much goners.." Adam concluded.

"Well, we'll be, but you should be fine, since your head is full of lead." Chase joked.

"AH! YES! LEAD!" Dr. Evans shouted.

"Hey, Dr. Smarty, we just met. You don't have that privilege yet." Adam scoffed.

"No, lead can contain the gamma rays." Chase praised.

"And the building--" I tried standing up but failing into Adam and Bree once more.

"--Is made out of lead because Davenport wanted to keep everybody from spying on his secret technology." Dr. Evans continued what I was trying to say. "All we have to do is rig enough explosive to--"

"--Implode on the gamma-sphere." I ended and started rubbing the back of my neck in pain.

"Great idea!" "Blowing stuff up on Christmas!! It is the most wonderful time of the year." Bree and Adam exclaimed.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Chase kept his field up, Adam trailed the fuses to the explosives, Dr. Evans checked that they were connected to the explosives, and Bree held the ends together.

"I'm sorry I wasn't of any help." I apologized. I was leaning near the exit since I my legs were numb. I wasn't paralyzed waist down, but I guess I'm not good with electricity.

"It's alright, you did good for having an outdated chip." Dr. Evans patted my shoulder and offered me a smile, which I gratefully returned.

"Deck the halls with large explosives. Boom-boom-boom-boom. Boom-boom-boom-boosh!" Adam sung.

"Okay..." Bree announced, annoyed of Adam singing that every time he rigged fuses to the explosives. "Charges are set. So now, all we have to do is light this fuse to start the implosion."

"We'll only have 15 seconds to get out of the blast zone once the fuse it lit." Chase informed us.

"Think we'll make it out in time?" Adam asked all of us.

"I know me and Des will." Bree smirked before winking at me. I gave her a thumbs up and started to do a scan of my chip. My chip was strained, but I still had some of my bionics available. Donald saved the coding for my chip, so if my chip was burnt, he could give me a new one...after a few months or so. I'm kinda glad he didn't upgrade my chip yet. 

"Alright, Adam, light the fuse." Dr. Evans ordered as Bree got me to stand up with her help. 

"Wait!" I called out, "May I?" I held out my bow-staff. 

"Yeah!" Adam cheered. I turned it on and shot the fuse end with the plasma arrow. The fuse started to go off and Bree helped me up, leading me out the door. Everyone else joined us and I started feeling my legs again. We started to run away from the place and we landed in the snow once the explosion set off. Adam helped me up and we all stood up to look at the damage. Not bad, if you exclude the amount of smoke coming out of the place.

"Did it work?" Evans asked, looking away from the explosion. "I still can't see anything..." He must've looked at the gamma ray when it went out.

"Don't worry it'll wear off." I told him.

"We gotta get you out of here. Adam, where did you park the transport?"

"I parked it over there." I interrupted the question and pointed towards the left of us. "Even though Adam got his driver's license, he still doesn't know how to park the transport ship." Adam nodded and we all went on the ship to go home.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"Yaaaay...Home..." I groaned out, being carried by Bree and Chase out to the lab.

"Woooo..." Bree also flatly cheered as the doors to the lab opened.

"You're back!" Leo shouted.

"It's so good to see you guys. Merry Christmas!" Tasha exclaimed before we all proceeded to do a hug fest. Chase and Bree immediately left and I was leaning backwards.

"Here I go..." I squeaked as I fell flat on my back. "I'm alright!" Everyone helped me up and sat me on a stool, where I received my hugs.

"So how'd the mission go?" Donald asked us.

"Yes." Chase smiled quickly.

"Well, how's my research facility?" Donald once more questioned.

"Oh..." Bree laughed, "You wouldn't even recognize it." Donald smiled, not knowing we blew up the inside of the facility.

"Hey, why are we down here when the presents are upstairs!?" Adam excited hollered as he, Bree, and Chase started their way up.

"Uh, guys, before you go..." Leo stopped them. "Principal Perry is upstairs, I repeat, Perry is in the house!!" 

"Uh, I'm feeling very tired.." "Yeah, let's go to sleep." "See you guys in the next year!" The three called out.

"Freeze." Tasha commanded and they obeyed. She then proceeded to tell us that she was alone for Christmas, making me feel kinda guilty. 

"Enough is enough! We are gonna march up there and tell this woman, vamoose, lady! This is our Christmas!!" Donald spoke up and everyone, but me cheered.

"Aw, come on, cats can't keep a lady like her company. When you guys get annoyed, I'll kick her out." I argued, but they refused.

"Wait, she can't see us in our mission suits!" Chase stopped us.

"Well, hurry up and change, I'm not telling her without backup!" Donald hurried us and the three changed in the capsule. 

"Oh, uh, Donald, can you make me a new chip? I strained mine." I nervously chuckled as I saw him become worried and angry at the same time.

"You strained what?!" He started to yell before I geo-leaped to my room and quickly changed to suitable clothing. Good thing my legs are feeling a lot better. I got down to the living room and I see everyone near the counter with a Perry in an apron.

"Perry?" I walked up to her and she...smiled? "Did you make all this?" I pointed to all the food that was on the counter.

"I can't believe you actually did something nice!" Bree gasped.

"It's a Christmas miracle." Chase applauded.

"Ah, it's nothing. I figured since I crashed your holiday, it's the least I could do." Perry brought up a good point.

"Oh, look how fancy! She made a Christmas goose." Tasha spoke up and we all looked at the cooked animal. 

"That does not look like a goose..." I muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You're right, Lilac. It's actually a swan from the pond down the street." Perry explained and I nodded while saying 'knew it'. "You know, you could walk right up to 'em?" Perry laughed before we heard a cat meow. Did Perry bring her cats?!

"Please tell me that's not coming from the oven!" Donald asked seriously.

"I got it. The Christmas tree is one big scratching post for those cats." Perry walked up to the tree and started to try and pry her cats off. Apparently, Dingle, was the bad one and was pried off the tree. He was then kicked out and we all looked at her in horror. She toppled our tree down with her above it and proceeded to throw ornaments behind her. Mr. Whiskers, an orange tabby cat, came towards me and I picked him up. Poor kitty. 

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Everyone was eating except for me, which made Perry a little mad.

"Eat it!" Perry tried forcing me to eat her food.

"Not hungry." I had Mr. Whiskers on my lap and I was playing with him.

"Eat!" "Nope!" We fought.

"Lilac! Eat it or your fired!!" She threatened.

"I didn't even need to job in the first place!" I rose my voice. 

"Fine...I'll add that to your bill." She simply stated.

"Bill? What bill?" Donald intervened.

"This one." She placed it in between Donald and Tasha. "I'll take that whenever you're ready." Tasha took the bill and showed it to Chase.

"Oh, I see you included tax, tip, and the cost of a new tire." Tasha sarcastically smiled and Donald took the bill.

"Sorry, gratuity is included for parties of six or more...and when they're nice or not!" She aimed the last part at me and I shrugged.

"You're actually charging us for dinner?" Donald questioned.

"Well, I didn't make this meal with love!" Perry admitted. "I made it with skill, sweat, and whatever came off the tip of my pinky when I was chopping veggies." Perry showed us her bandaged pinky and everyone gagged, since they all ate out of the veggie spot.

"I'm really glad I didn't eat it." I smiled at the gagging family and started laughing. "Merry Christmas, guys!" 

~Fin~

Eyyyy....I know Destiny seemed useless in this chapter and probably would've fitted better in the Perry sub plot. I just wanted to show that Destiny isn't a Mary Sue character, that she has her weaknesses and time of downfall. Make it like an ego edger chapter.

Destiny: RUDE!!

Sorry!! Anyways, I hope the chapter wasn't boring and all...I was kinda stuck on where to put her, but I put her in the mission plot for an up coming event...MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Just warning you guys for the next chapter: Trent Gets Schooled, let's just say, I might make a different, unscripted sub plot. She's gonna be glitching all over the place! So how will Leo, Chase, and Davenport be able to hide her glitches when Trent is over? Figure that out in the next update, which will probably be the next day! 4 updates in a row?!?! 

Destiny: Hooray for you!...Did you say I'm getting glitches??!!?!

You'll find out later!!

QOTD: Did you like/love Destiny's mission suit? And are you excited for book 3?! It's coming out for sure sometime this week or so!

Destiny: I SAY MY MISSION SUIT IS AWESOME!!!! And of course everyone should be excited, their favorite Bada$$ is still gonna be there!

LANGUAGE!

Anyways, thank you guys/kikis for reading and have a great day/night!! Bai!!

Destiny: See you in the next, chapter!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 155 6
. . . 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒! ❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳-𝘰𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺! ❞ Cher Holloway had always been...
16.7K 318 31
(On Hold) From the time she was born Kaylynn had this gift that always baffled her parents. It was something that seemed out of a movie or comic. She...
50.2K 2K 37
"You're such a joy to be around."- "Well, you're a pain in the arse." Jordyn had no idea that befriending the lovely idiot who broke her locker would...
661K 9.7K 133
Luna Walker was left at the doorstep of Donald Davenport. He adopted her and has loved her and treated her like she was his own. When Donald marries...