Traffic

By camrynjessichandler

"Going once, going twice, SOLD!" The gavel fell with a loud bang onto the auctioneers table. Kelly stepped fo... More

Traffic
Ch 1: Homework
Ch 2: Masks
Ch 3: Party
Ch 4: Silence
Ch 5: Sold
Ch 6: Sorrow
Ch 7: Drown
Ch 8: Deceit
Ch 9: Questioning
Ch 10: Out
Ch 11: Awoken
Ch 12: Trust
Ch 13: Longing
Ch 14: Goodbye
Ch 14: Scream
Ch 15: Hell
Ch 16: Slut
Ch 17: Wrong
Ch 18: Present
Ch 19: Smile
Ch 20: Nightmare
Ch 21: Familiar
Ch 22: Dad
Ch 23: Decision
Intermission
Ch 24: Morning
Ch 25: Interrogation
Ch 26: Life-Changing
Ch 27: Suspense
Ch 28: Agony
Ch 29: Released
Ch 30: Lost
Ch 31: Locked
Ch 32: Terrors
Ch 33: Helpless
Ch 34: Revenge
Ch 35: Favor
Ch 36: Ghosts
Ch 37: Reunion
Ch 38: Responsible
Ch 39: News
Ch 40: Trace
Ch 41: Tough
Ch 42: Rooftops
Ch 43: Family
Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Final Author's Note

Chapter Twenty

433 17 0
By camrynjessichandler

"That was a beautiful speech, Vivian. You're so brave for standing up there and sharing something so intimate."

Vivian nodded with a sullen look on her face, "I was lost until Kelly came around. I had no close friends, just a few people who I hung out with in the girl's home. When Kelly arrived and Wren introduced us, I fell head over heels. She became my world. I held her while she cried from nightmares on a number of occasions—"

"You don't have to tell me," Francine said.

"I want to."

Francine nodded and Vivian continued, "We didn't get much time together, but I knew that I loved her. We talked a lot, we hung out all day every day for three weeks. I could tell she was spiraling downward each night, though. All that had happened to her...it was just awful. I tried to help her forget it, but there was no way she ever could move past what happened."

Francine hugged Vivian, "Sounds like you were there when she most needed someone. It's not your fault she left that night, Viv. No one could have stopped her."

Vivian nodded, "I just miss her so much."

Francine pat Vivian's leg, "We all do."

The world seemed a darker, stranger place without Kelly in it. At least for her family. The girls at the home mourned the death of Kelly for the allotted mourning period, then had to move on. Most didn't know her well, but for Marsha, Wren, Jen and Vivian, it was hard to move past.

Kelly's old neighbor, Jessica was present at her funeral. She cried uncontrollably for weeks and never fully recovered over the fact that she would never see Kelly again.

Tyler showed up as well. He cried at the funeral because he felt guilty. If only he had been there for Kelly, shown her friendship and stayed with her, or even confirmed with her mother about her attendance at the party, none of this would have happened to her.

These boys and girls of only fifteenor sixteen years of age, already knowing so much pain and loss, some never torecover, was unbearable for everyone to live with. The mourning lasted for amonth before even the strongest were able to go back to their everyday lives.Still, the nagging feeling that something huge was missing from their lives neverfully left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 3K 30
" where do you think you are going " his dark brown eyes glare at my scared face. I tried to struggle in his death grip " please... please let me go...
75 1 7
A young girl had been transported into a far more chaotic world than her own after her untimely death, how did she survive and meet her allies along...
800 13 8
" One day, he went walking through the woods and stumbled across an old and decrepit house. A tempting shadow beckoned him from the window. Once insi...
1.9K 47 16
this is my first time writing on here, so you might see spelling errors or smth like that heh Lightbulb had been recently been going through some stu...