1| ADALINE ⇹ STILES STILINSKI

By -remem-

ADALINE MCCALL ☾ BOOK 1☽ ☾ S1&S2 ☽ ❝ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ... More

2- no wolves in california
3 - bloodlust
4 - signs
5 - the wolf
6 - allison
7 - his hoodie
8 - last resort
9 - a book
10 - interrogation
11 - questions unanswered
12 - stadaline
13 - temporarily misappropriated
14 - bilinski
15 - the howl
16 - school night
17 - under the bus
18 - old pack
19 - many fish in the sea
20 - sexual desire
21 - pretty obvious
22 - good dog
23 - damn necklace
24 - beacon hills hospital
25 - accident, much?
26 - the formal
27 - burned alive
ᴏ ɴ ᴇ [s2] - this isn't you
2 - hard breakup
3 - princess

ᴏ ɴ ᴇ [s𝟷]

31.1K 533 464
By -remem-

ADALINE'S POV

[ I EDIT MY CHAPTERS REGULARLY]

BOOK 1
{ SEASON 1}
& sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 𝟸

THEME SONG - Again by Noah Cyrus

      ✱   ☆

Eleven o'clock morphs into twelve and then one. The time trickles by, marked only by those changing glowing numerals. My mind is blank; where there should be dreams is a heavy blackness. My eyes are as stationary as the silhouette of my bedside lamp, which is where they rest. My mind flickers to the cupboard and the sleeping pills the doctor prescribed. I don't want them, I don't want chemicals. I close my eyes and they almost sting, open too long I guess. I groaned loudly into my pillow and then threw it across my bedroom, accidentally knocking my hairbrush over. I was frustrated.

I smacked my lips in the need of water.

I rubbed my eyes furiously, stretched my sore limbs, and let out a groan of all sorts from the rewarding popping of my muscles. My legs swung over the side of my bed and I stood up with another deep yawn that sounds more like a menstruating walrus. I wrapped my large blanket over my body and quickly but carefully walk through the darkness of my room. I twisted the door knob to only get startled by an appearance.

Scott, my younger brother, clutching mom's large bat against his bare chest. His brown hair was tousled, fairly tossed backward and uneven strands sticking against his sweaty forehead.

I lazily rubbed my stinging eyes. "What the–what the hell are you doing at this time...?"

"Be quiet, okay. Im going to check it out just stay in your room." He whispered.

"Check what ou-"

"The creaking. You didn't hear that?" He interrupted.

My eyes squinted in curiosity and I wrapped my warm blanket tighter around my body. "Um...no? I was awake for hours and I didn't hear a thing."

"Well, I heard it. It's coming from the porch outside. I'm going to check it out." He nodded, tightening his grip around the bat, causing his knuckles to become white.

"Okay...just pull on a jacket before going out. I don't want you to get cold."

He sighed and handed me the bat before running off to his room. We didn't have to worry about being quiet since my mom was still at work at the hospital. Scott soon came back with a red hoodie and grabbed the bat from my hands.

"It could be a tree? An animal?" I tried.

"It could be...a person. You never know."

I sighed and nodded my head for him to continue down the stairs. I watched Scott step outside and then close the door. After a few moments, I just stood there. Waiting for something to occur. The only sound I heard was the grandfather clock tick continuously.

That was when I suddenly heard screaming from outside. My eyes widened whilst my heart began to beat erratically. The adrenalin flew over my veins like a carp through the river, but I couldn't move a single muscle. That's when I heard it again and it caused me to snap back to reality.

I lifted the blanket off my body and bolted down the wooden stairs, tripping over some large shoes placed on one of the steps. I swung the front door open to see a skinny teenage boy dangling from the roof of the house and Scott about to knock the shit outta him with the bat.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing!" Scott shouted at his buzz cut friend, shaking the bat violently.

"You weren't answering your phone!" Stiles' voice cracked. He then glanced at me and smirked, "What's up, Adaline."

I sighed in relief and then took a huge breath of air. "I seriously hate you for scaring us like that."

Stiles turned his attention back to Scott and raised his voice once again. "Why do you have a bat?!"

"I thought you were a predator!"

Stiles shook his arms around violently. "A PRE—okay I know it's late but ya gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago, Dispatch called, they are bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department and even state police."

"For what?" I asked in curiosity, some annoyance laced in my tone.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods," he responded before falling to the ground.

"A dead body?" Scott breathed out.

"No, a body of water.... Yes, you dumb ass, a dead body!" Stiles rolled his eyes and climbed up into our porch.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Were they murdered or something?"

"No one knows yet." He rested his hands on his hips, "Just that it was a girl, probably in her twenties."

"Okay, hold on if they found the body then what are they looking for?" Scott questions.

"Thats the best part!" A big silly grin plastered on his face. "They only found half...we are all going."

"Woah buddy, do you mean you and Scott? There is no absolute way that I'm going out there with you guys. No way." I put my hands up, causing the boy's smile of excitement and glee to fade away in a matter of seconds.

"Oh come on! I thought we are always in this together, The group, The Three Musketeers, Partners in crime!" He took a step closer to me and gave me that stare that always killed me. "Please."

"Fine." I groaned tiredly. This is not how I planned my school night to go. At all.

"Yes!" He threw his fists up in the air in success. "You hear that, Scott? She's coming." He jumped.

"Shut up, Dude." Scott nudged his shoulder. I turn back in the house to grab things I'll be needing for the cold.

"I hate you." I yelled.

"You adore mehhh!" he yelled back. I could hear him chuckle in the distance. I couldn't help but smile.

~

I pressed the button to let the light shine through. I like my heavy flashlight with a fully recharged battery. I like pressing a button and feeling that reassuring clunk under my thumb as the beam powers into the dark. I have a strange mind honestly.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott's whined once again. He has been whining excessively throughout the whole car ride. Can't this child give me a moment of peace?

"You're the one who's always bitching about nothing ever happening in this town." Stiles patted Scotts back and glanced over at me, motioning to get closer.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

"Yeah, because sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort!" Stiles replied back, stepping on some damp leaves and twigs that snapped violently when they came contact with his shoes.

Scott sighed, "No because—I'm playing this year. In fact i'm making first line."

"Aye that's the spirit." Stiles rolled his eyes. I nudged him on the arm and mouthed the words 'stop it' "

"What?" He chuckled, giving me his goofy smile. "Everyone should have a dream. A pathetic unrealistic one."

The bare branches spiked into the sky - no sign of life to be found anywhere. It was so dark we were barely able to see where we were going. I thought that my flashlight would help. Just a little for my taste. There were only small sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind.

"Stiles, just out of curiosity. What other half of the body are we looking for?" I questioned.

"Huh...I didn't even think about that." He laughed with uncertainty in his tone, glancing at me awkwardly.

"And what if who ever killed the body is still out here?" Scott poked me on the side of the head, teasing me. He knew I didn't like this.

I mimicked Scotts laugh and rolled my eyes him. He continued to chuckle as I wrapped my arms around my body tightly. I have underestimated the cold tonight, not like me at all, and I can't run with this load to warm. I'm marching but the night air is wicking my heat away faster than my body can replace it.

Stiles waved it off, "Come on, we'll be okay." He noticed my shivering and and began to tug on his jacket. "Do you want my jacket?"

"No, it's fine. I don't want you to get cold too." My teeth began to rattle uncontrollably, "Come on, I want to go home already."

Stiles climbed up a hill of dirt and leaving me following behind. He turned and held out a helping hand for me. I held on tightly but then slip on a pile of mud, causing me trip towards him. I laid my hands flat on his chest to keep myself steady and look up to see our faces inches away. I felt my cheeks burn up intensely and we immediately backed away from each other.

"Sorry."

"Oh, ugh, It's cool....it's cool." He shook his head several of times. I nod awkwardly in response.

"Maybe the—severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scotts took a quick hit of his inhaler before crawling up the rest of the hill. All of us then immediately drop to the ground as soon as we noticed some flashlights ahead.

"Wait, come on!" Stiles took a hold of my hand, pulling me up with him.

"Stiles! Adaline!" I hear Scott yell from behind us, "Wait up!"

"Stiles, where are we going?!" I spoke in a hushed whisper. He doesn't respond, still holding onto my hand tightly.

Our paces slow and instantly a large dog jumps out barking. Both of us scream in terror, falling onto the damp leaves.

"AH, MOTHER OF CHRIST!" Stiles shouted, holding onto me tightly in fear.

"Hold on! Hold on." A familiar voice of a man called out. Mr. Stilinski, Great.

"These two delinquents belong to me." A flashlight pointed to both of us, causing me squint my eyes. The light seared into my eyes like a hot camera flash, almost felt as if it will blind me completely. We stood up from the mud, blush filling our cheeks.

"Hey dad. How ya doin?'' Stiles scrunched his face caused by the bright light.

"So have you been listening to all my phone calls?" The man sighed exhaustion.

"No! Well not the boring ones..." Stiles breathed out. He finally bowed his head in defeat as if he's failed his little mission. He basically did.

"So where is your other usual partner in crime?" Mr. Stilinski's eyes scanned around the rest of the dark woods.

"This beautiful woman right here!" Stiles took a hold of my arms gently, giving a smirk to his father.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, removing the wet hair strands away from my face.

"Hello, Mr. Stilinski." I gave a small, embarrassing wave. Blushing would have been no problem, but what I did was go as red as a beetroot and radiate heat like a hot pan. You could have cooked a three course meal on my face. No-one could have missed it.

"Hello, Adaline and I meant her brother." Stiles received a glare from him.

"Oh, Scott? He's at home! He said he wanted to get a good night's sleep before the game tomorrow." He breathed heavily. "Just us...in the woods...alone."

"And doing what?"

"Ugh personal stuff..." Stiles glanced at me then regretting what he had just said. Oh god. I wanted the earth to open up and swallow me whole.

"Scott, you out there!" Mr. Stilinski moved his flashlight around. Silence. "Scott!" He called out once more but still nothing, just the rain hitting the wet leaves and branches.

"Well, you two are going home. And Stiles, You and I are going to have a conversation called invasion of privacy." He grabbed Stiles by the collar of his jacket.

☆ ✱ ☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

717K 44K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
147K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC