Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

85 Angel

45 3 1
By Mysi85

Yoshiro couldn't remember that he ever had lost all his composure for once in his life. That simply was not part of his serene nature. But at this moment, swamped by all the memories, he was completely lost. He couldn't stop staring at the nurse.

She had picked up his dumped teacup, shook it empty and put her own into it. Slightly worried she looked at the man, who was standing opposite of her and from whose face all color had faded.

"You remember," she noticed. Yoshiro nodded absently. He was completely distraught. "You should sit down. Come." Again he nodded. Midori put her hand on his shoulder and led him to a nearby park bench. He sat down on it, and stared at the ground. "That's better."

He had placed the crying, lost, helpless girl in the next crowded area and disappeared before her eyes, while she begged him not to go. And after that he never again thought about her. The guilt was too much for him to handle.

The irony of this situation reached his awareness just now. He turned his gaze back to the nurse, who stood before him. Pure warmth radiated from her green eyes down at him.

"Everything okay?" asked Midori caring. "You look as if you had seen a ghost."

"It... I..." He could barely think straight.

"Here." She handed him the teacup. "Drink." He took it and gulped down the tea. "That's better, right?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

The black-haired sat down beside him on the park bench. For a while they didn't speak, but watched the birds, the other park visitors and the few clouds in the sky. Over and over again, the wind tugged at her hair and swung loose cherry blossoms through the air.

"I... I'm so sorry," stammered the Oni finally.

Her green eyes squinted over at him. "What do you mean?"

"Your parents. What's happened to you. The..." He broke off.

"I was lucky." He turned his head and looked at her puzzling. His face was covered in all shades of confusion. The nurse smiled. "Yes, you heard right. I was lucky."

The Oni shook his head. "I don't understand."

"I had a guardian angel."

Frowning, he asked, "... a guardian angel?"

She gave him her warmest, loveliest smile. "You had saved me. You had protected me from the monsters. You had descended like an angel from heaven and destroyed evil." Yoshiro stared at her speechless. "You had brought me to safety."

"But... your parents...," stuttered the teleporter.

"They died, yes." Thoughtful nodded Midori, before she looked back at him. "But without your help, I wouldn't be sitting here today. You are an angel."

Ashamed Yoshiro turned his gaze to the grass at his feet. "I'm no angel. I'm a monster. Just like the other monsters."

The nurse looked at him from the side, while she searched for her next words. "I don't know you very well, but when I see what you do for other people, then I know that you are a good man. Even better than a man. You must be an angel."

Yoshiro stayed silent and thought about these words. Midori looked at him as if she could learn what was going on in his mind. She noticed the scars on his neck, which reminded her of long forgotten believed pictures of her wounded savior. Finally, she turned her gaze back to the sky.

She sighed. "I'm sorry. I see that you are very upset right now. I just wanted to thank you." Once again she tamed her ponytail, at which the wind tugged. "Considering that you have saved my life. Thanks to you, I myself can do good in this world. Help other people, that have experienced terrible things. You have inspired me and given my life a meaning." The Oni covered his eyes. Tears ran down his cheeks. A soft sobbing rang. Midori looked at him in dismay. "Please forgive me! I didn't mean to...," she stammered quickly.

The Oni sniffed. "You can't imagine how good it is to hear such words. That someone really thinks that I'm not a monster."

"You're no monster," assured the black-haired. "That's why I'm convinced that it is best if you take care of Yuna."

He swallowed hard. "It's difficult."

"I'm willing to help you. I myself am an orphan. I have undergone the same as Yuna." Encouragingly shone her smile.

"I don't know what to say."

Midori handed him her business card. After some hesitation, the Oni took it and regarded it carefully. The address on the card was from a block of flats nearby. It was not her business, but her private calling card.

"Think about what you want to say. I would like to invite you to dinner and tell you about the people I could help, thanks to you." The nurse pushed a rebellious hair strand off her face. "You look like you could use a few... happy endings."

"That sounds nice." Yoshiro clawed out his wallet and tucked the card carefully in it.

"As you said at that time 'It will be fine.'" Midori smiled at him.

With a deep sigh he gained relief. "I doubt that."

"It doesn't matter if we lose hope somewhere on the way. Just as long as we never give up," she assured the man at her side.

Snorting replied the teleporter, "I always thought that hope dies last."

"The people who say that never were without hope." Despite the calm sound of her voice, he thought that he heard tremendous pain from these words.

The monster looked at the woman. Her fair skin was the color typical of a person who rarely got to see the daylight. Her narrow nose gave her features an elegant touch. The green eyes were swung beautifully almond shaped. As a small blemish her left blade tooth was slightly tilted and protruded.

He guessed her to be in her early thirties. How could anyone be so wise at this age?

The black-haired looked at her watch. "Well. My break is over and you should check after Yuna."

Nodding, the Oni said, "Yes. You're right." They got up from the park bench.

"One moment."

Midori fished a handkerchief from her blouse. Carefully she wiped the tear tracks from Yoshiro's face. He stood still and let her. Embarrassed, she looked away, as he stared at her during her activities and their eyes met.

After, she tucked the cloth back into her breast pocket. "That's better. You don't want Yuna to lose respect for you."

A fleeting smile appeared for a fraction of a second on his lips. "I'm afraid she hasn't any."

The nurse laughed. "Yeah, she's hard to handle."

"You have no idea."

They walked in silence back to the main building, entered the hospital, crossed the lobby on their way to the elevators and drove up together. The nurse pushed the buttons for the third and fourth floor. Yoshiro left on the third floor.

"Call me," the black-haired said goodbye.

With his back to her, he promised, "I will, Omura-san."

"Please. Call me Midori."

The Oni turned around so he could look at her again. "Then I insist that you call me Yoshiro."

"Agreed, Yoshiro-san. Have a nice day." Another smile followed.

"Thank you. You too, Midori-san."

The elevator doors slid shut. The Oni stood before the closed doors and stared at the point where Midori's face just was. A truly remarkable woman.

When he entered Yui's room, Yuna leaned her forehead against the bed frame and dozed. The book had fallen to the ground. Yui lay there unchanged. He stepped to the other side of the bed and stroked the patient through the blonde hair.

"Hey, little brain. How are you? Do you dream something nice?"

The huntress woke up. "Yoshiro..."

Sassy, he grinned at the girl. "Slept well?"

"I was just resting my eye!" protested the blue-haired and picked up the book.

He laughed. "Do you want to stay longer?"

Yuna looked at her sister for a moment. "No. But I want to come back soon."

"Okay. Then let's go."

The older girl put a bookmark in the book and deposited it on the nightstand. She kissed Yui on the forehead. "Until then, sis. Wake up soon."

Once they had left the room, Yuna asked, "What did Omura-san want from you?"

Yoshiro shrugged. "Well, we chatted a bit."

Hesitating she frowned. "About what?"

"We know each other from the past."

"Because of this Takagi stuff?" mused the huntress.

"Yeah."

She rolled her eyes. "Boring..."

---

I entered the german "Times Award" contest with the german version of "Onihunter Yuna". To participate, the contestants need to gain votes on their chapter in the contest book. It would mean a lot to me, if my english readers also would give me their vote, so I might enter the finals. Link in the comments. Thanks for your assistance. ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.1K 164
Arata Kashimura was hoping to have a normal, if lonely, high school life. He avoided others because he didn't want his secret to get out. That he wa...
17.8K 392 24
It started off as innocent fun at your good friend's party; you having one of the best nights for the first time in ages. But you'd soon learn that s...
164 16 7
[This is a one-shot original work of fantasy] {COMPLETED} Tired of the same old "other world" anime? This is my play on the subject, turning it on it...
2.2K 621 19
A 30-year-old girl who goes to so many difficulties in her life and in the end, she died because of her boyfriend and her sister but God gave her a c...