Heart To Heart // Baekhyun

By Kpopbeats

Do you have that one person you think will stay with you forever and then they ditch you? Baekhyun was in... More

Heart to Heart
Car Crash
Tiffany's Payback
Breathe
Living With EXO
B-B-Baekhyun?!
Journal
Surprise?
Nicknames
Lotte World
Talks Don't Last Long
The TRUTH!!!!!!!
Sorrow
Catastrophe...Or Confession
First Kiss
Love is Ours
It Hurts
Last Time
Just One Day With BTS
Only One
Wedding <3
All His Fault
For Christmas, My Wish Is You
Mittens (Sehun and Ae Cha)
Worn into New
Was This Really Our Fate?
Changed My Mind
Her Heart
Author's Note
Trouble
What to Do
Crashed
I'm Sorry
Just Stay
Are You Happy?
Heart to Heart
Epilogue
Start Over? Edit?

Cold

730 17 2
By Kpopbeats

Three Years Later

I brought my hands to my mouth and huffed a small breath to keep them warm. It was definitely colder in South Korea. The snow was still falling and I was still waiting for my ride to go home. After getting a break, I thought it would be nice to come back and Tiffany pushed me back. She joked saying she didn't want me around anymore. It had been another hour until I saw a car park in front of me. The person got out of the car still having their back face me. My eyebrow's furrowed as the person walked up to me. Then my face lightened up. "Park Chanyeol!" I smiled. He pulled me into a hug. We had been talking over the past three years and it's been helping me a bit.

"It's cold~ Let's go somewhere warmer," Chanyeol whined as he opened the door for me. I sat inside and put on my seatbelt as Chanyeol put my stuff in the back. He finally got into the car and we drove off to a café. "How's Tiffany doing over there?" Chanyeol asked.

"She's the same happy person as ever," I said. "How's..." I paused for a while.

"He's doing just fine," Chanyeol answered. He glanced at me and then went back to the road. He had one hand on the driving wheel and the other one that was free poke my face. "Hey, don't look so depressed. He's been better." I just looked at him and he smiled. I forced out a smile. "I was thinking, how about we go and see EXO." Chanyeol then frowned for a bit. I gave a concerned expression.

"What? Did something happen while I was gone?" I asked.

"You'll see once we get there." That was the last thing he said before he parked his car. I got out and walked into the café with Chanyeol. I looked around until I heard yelling. I looked up and let out a huge smile. I waved at the members of EXO. I counted all of them including Chanyeol, but something seemed off. I recounted and noticed four people gone. I turned to Chanyeol.

"Where's Kris, Luhan, Tao-"

"They left," Chanyeol said. "Baekhyun didn't feel good today so he stayed home."

"They left? To visit China?"

"No, they left. Left the group." Chanyeol sighed. He then brightened up his expression. "Don't worry! Today is about you coming back to South Korea!" He cheered. Something was off about everything.  We walked up the stairs to the top and everyone came hugging me. I let out a laugh. It was an enjoyable time with them, but peopled leaving and one not wanting to come stayed stuck in my mind. I picked up my coffee cup.

"Be careful it's hot!" Xiumin yelled. I had already taken a sip too early and stung my tongue. I winced as I put the cup down. "Are you okay?" He asked me. "I told you it was hot." I just let out a small laugh and everyone followed along. I'm glad I'm back.  

It had been a long day and everyone was leaving for their schedules. I walked with my luggage to my new apartment room. I made sure that my dad wouldn't get in or find me. The next time I encounter him, it would be the end. I turned on the light and was surprised by the sight of the room. It was a huge space. There were leather couches and a huge TV. To my right was the kitchen and to the left was the bedroom and a few other rooms. A bookshelf separated the living room and the dining room. It was the perfect home. I walked into my room and found it to be a nice blue and the bed was themed with nice, silk sheets and blankets. I smiled widely as I left my luggage to jump on the bed. I then stopped when I got a call. "Hello?" I asked as I stood on the bed, letting my feet sink into the memory foam. "Oh yes, this is Moon Yun." I then let my legs rest as I sat down. "Yes, I did send in an application for modeling to your company." I listened to the other line until I heard what I wanted to hear. "Really?! I got the modeling job?! Thank you so much!" The person just congratulated me and told me that the next day, I was going to be at the company at seven in the morning. I hung up and squealed with excitement. This was the best day I've had. Meeting old friends, getting a new apartment, and now a modeling job. It had actually been a dream of mine to be a model. I smiled widely and lay flat on my bed. 

I opened my eyes as I checked the time. I gasped as I sat up. This was really bad. It was six and it usually takes me an hour to get ready. I got out of bed immediately and ran to the bathroom to get ready.  I rushed and did my makeup, only to mess it up a bit and fix it as usual. Once I finished, I immediately went to my luggage that sat there and picked out an outfit I had planned before I got here. I slipped it on and found my shoes and took off. I ran to the font and found a taxi about to pass my building. I rushed to the sidewalk and put my hand out. The taxi stopped and I opened the door to the car. I sat down and put my seat belt on. "Please take me to Model Star company please and as fast as you can." The taxi driver took off as I finally let out a breath of relief. I looked at my phone as we drove to the building. I had a missed call from Chanyeol and it made me a bit upset that I didn't answer his call. The taxi stopped and I gave him the money. I got out of the car to stare at an amazing sight. Model Star. One of the best companies ever. I let out a smile and walked into the building.  I checked my phone again. I made it just in time. The front lady let out a smile. "Hi, I'm the new model, Moon Yun."

"Oh, yes I see. Please go to the fourth floor. Everyone is waiting for you," the front desk lady said. I just nodded and bowed. I entered the elevator and clicked on the fourth floor. I called Chanyeol back since I didn't get to earlier.

"What took you so long?" Chanyeol asked through the line.

"I woke up late," I said as I ran my hand through my hair. The boy just hummed in reply. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not doing much. Just producing music." Either than his voice, I could hear the shuffling of papers around. I let out a small laugh. "Baekhyun has been interested in hearing from you." I stopped as the doors opened. I walked out after realizing where I was. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."

"No, I'll talk to him today," I said. "Just later on in the day. How has he been anyway?"

"He's found someone. He's been drunk. I don't really think he's the same after you've left."

"That's him." I let out a frown.

"Hey, lighten up okay?" He knew me too well.

"I've gotta go, bye." I hung up immediately as I walked into a room. I stopped when I saw someone. She looked like me. Exactly like me. I dropped my phone. The girl looked up and walked up to me.

"Hello, you must be Moon Yun. I'm Lee Eun Yeun." The girl stuck her hand out towards me. I hesitated to touch it. I must've been dreaming. Who is this girl? What would I be if she was me and I was her? She grabbed my hand instead. "I'm glad to finally meet you."

"Who are you?" I asked immediately without noticing what I said. I covered my mouth immediately.

"I think it's nice if we go and talk first before we move on." She pulled me with her to the rooftop. Her arms rested on the railing as she closed her eyes. I watched her. Why was she me and why was I her? I looked at my shoes. Something was odd. Very odd. "You know, Baekhyun was never the type to forget a girl like you. You know that. He would never get over you so easily." My eye brows furrowed. "He misses you." Before I could say anything to her, she walked up to me. "I want you to be happy with him. He's the only one in your life you would ever love. Remember that."

I opened my eyes and let out heavy breathing. What was that? I sat up and walked to my window in my room. I opened the curtains and found the night still awake. I let out a sigh. The stars were still visible through the apartment windows. I walked back to my bed and picked up my phone. I turned it on and there was still that phone call from the company. What was going on? My hand ran through my hair and stayed there. I had no clue why, but I was terrified. My phone lay on the bed lighting up the dark room. I couldn't stay in this dark any longer. I picked up my phone and called Chanyeol. "Hey, um... can you come over?"

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

"I'm just... I don't feel okay."

"I'll get someone to go there and hang out with you okay?" I just nodded as if he was there and he hung up. I dropped my phone on my bed. How could anyone look like me, but not be me. Why was she in my dreams? How did she know about my past? I heard the doorbell ring and I turned on the lights in my apartment. I opened the door and a figure was bent over letting out heavy breaths like he ran the whole way here. He finally stood up and hugged me tight.

"I was worried about you." That voice. That simple calming voice. Baekhyun. I didn't say a word as he pulled away and looked at me. I just stared at him. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and black jeans. He had shoes on, but they were both untied and I noticed a scar on his knee. He must've hurt himself on his way here. "What's wrong?" I just looked at his eyes as they gave off a worried look.

We both sat uncomfortably on the couch. My legs were up against my chest as my head rested on the tips of my knees. I looked at my toes. I could feel Baekhyun's eyes study me. "What happened to you? Why were you so scared? Why didn't you call me?"

"I don't have your number anymore," I let out. "I had a dream. The girl looked like me. Her name was different than mine though. It was Eun Yeun." I looked up at Baekhyun as his eyes widened.  "What, you know this person too?"

"Y-yeah... She was in my dreams too," Baekhyun said. It was silent after that. Super silent. "How was the U.S.?"

"It was fun. The people and the atmosphere. It was perfect."

"Even without me?" He asked. I just stared at him.

"No." I let out. "But it gave me a chance to forget about what we had."

"You hate me that much don't you," he chuckled. "I deserved it anyway. I treated you wrong." I forced out a smile. It was awkward. Very awkward. My eyes then looked at his scarred knee. It was still bleeding badly.

"You must've worried about me that much to go and hurt yourself," I said. Baekhyun then looked at where I was looking. I stood up immediately and walked over to the bathroom. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it." I grabbed my first aid kit and walked into the living room. "You're so dumb. Rip your jeans."

"I thought you were going to take care of it."

"Well, excuse me, but I don't have any muscle to rip the hole in your jeans." The man just chuckled and ripped the jean. The scar was bad and it was going to ruin the carpet if it kept bleeding. I let out a sigh. "You're the most dumbest person on the planet. Why did you get hurt?" I wiped the scar with many wipes as he winced. He let out a hiss. I was choosing a band aid for his knee as he was answering.

"You know why I got hurt." I didn't reply as I kept searching. "If you don't know, then I'll tell you. I was worried and I wanted to see you."

"It's been three years since I last saw you. You should've gotten over me by now."

"Well, a man doesn't let something like that go so easily."

"Whatever. Are you even a man?" I finally found a big band aid and peeled it off of the paper. I placed it over his scar and slapped it down.

"Ow!" He yelled. I stood up and took my place back on the couch. I sighed. "That hurt."

"You can leave now. I'm all good," I said as I walked to my room.

"Well it's too late to go home now." I heard him get up and follow me. I sat on my bed as he rested against the door frame. "At least let me sleep here for the night." I didn't reply as I walked up to the light and turned it off. I went back to my bed as I pulled the blanket over my body. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, until I felt the bed sink in. The blanket was taken from me as I sat up and turned on the lamp. Baekhyun lay curled in my blanket as he closed his eyes ready to drift off. I stared at him until he opened his eyes and turned to me. "It's a full sized bed. I'm not going to invade your space."

"Good, then go sleep on the couch," I said. He turned over to me and sat up. I crossed my arms. We stared at each other until I gave up. "Fine, but I get the blanket." I pulled the blanket towards me and turned off the lamp. I snuggled inside of it and drifted to sleep. Maybe Eun Yeun wouldn't appear in my dreams.

My alarm went off as my eyebrows furrowed. I finally opened my eyes and squinted as I checked the alarm. It was time to get ready for my new job. I immediately turn it off and then remembered I wasn't in bed alone. I turned around and Baekhyun slept there peacefully. I let a small smile out as I got up and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

After getting dressed for everything, I went to the kitchen to eat a simple breakfast while still having a little kid in my bed. I then stopped. I had no food to eat because I haven't been shopping yet. I let out a sigh as I looked around and only found one thing. A granola bar. I heaved out a breath as I opened it and ate it. I wish I had bought food. I walked into my room again to see the sun peeking through the windows. I looked down to my bed and found Baekhyun still asleep. How long was he going to stay here? I nudged him. "Hey, get up you loser." He just murmured and turned around. I then pushed him off the bed. He got up immediately.

"What happened?" He asked as he sat up. I just chewed on my granola bar as his eyes set on me. "You pushed me over."

"Get out of my house. I have to leave soon," I said. He put the blankets on my bed and walked up to me.

"Make me." What changed him so much? Where was that little loser that wouldn't leave my bed last night? He's a  bit different now.

"Alright, I'm leaving," I said as I grabbed my phone. I put my purse over my shoulder and walked out. I put my shoes on as Baekhyun followed. He had put a random beanie and a face mask on before placing sunglasses on. "Where did you get that?"

"I wore it when I ran here, except the sunglasses," he said as he slipped on his shoes. I walked out and he followed behind me. I closed the door and it locked. I proceeded to the end of the hallway where the elevator was. I walked ahead of Baekhyun only to see him walk beside me. I looked at him as he just looked around. I could tell he was smiling because his sunglasses rose up. "Does this mean we're together?" We entered the elevator and I just ignored the question. "I'm happy to be your new boyfriend, Yun, I mean, if you want me to." I glared at him as he just smiled and walked away from me. I checked my phone. Thirty minutes to get to the building. I exited the building after a while and almost called up a taxi, until I saw a car that looked familiar. A smile widened on my face as I approached the car.

Chanyeol rolled down the window and smiled at me. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Are you okay? What happened last night?" Chanyeol said ignoring my question.

"I'm fine. But did you have to bring that dummy to my house?" I asked him. He just let a laugh out. I made a face at him as he just kept smiling.

"Sorry, I just didn't have time to get there and Baekhyun was on his way to the dorm from the bar." Chanyeol studied me. "What's with all the makeup and outfit?"

"I'm becoming a model," I said. " I'm going to Model Star."

"Well, that's nice. Maybe you'll become an actor too so you can act with me someday." I just let a smile reach through. Chanyeol made me happy. He made my morning great. Baekhyun then got in the car.

"Alright, Chanyeol, let's get going!" Baekhyun said. Chanyeol just let an awkward 'bye' out and I waved at him. "Hey, don't forget me too," Baekhyun smiled. I ignored him.

"I'll talk to you later, bye!" I said as I called up a taxi. I entered the car as I saw Chanyeol drive off.

As I sat in the car I was awed at the view. It had been forever since I had last been here. I had totally forgotten how beautiful this place was. I let out a huge smile as I stared out the window. I felt like a little kid who had seen something amazing. The car then stopped and I thanked the driver. I walked inside and found the lady immediately told me to go to the fourth floor. I just bowed and went to the elevator. I wasn't very fond of elevators even though I liked to ride them. I always had an eerie feeling when I went on them, but I didn't let that get in the way of me enjoying them. The sound 'ding' came out and the doors opened to the fourth floor. I walked out and looked around. I heard noise coming from one of the rooms, so I headed towards it. I then found people looking around and getting the set ready.

Suddenly, a lady came over and smiled widely. "We are so glad you're here early. I'm Kim Subae, your new manager." I just bowed.

"I'm Moon Yun," I said as she lead me to the dressing room. I gasped at all the shiny accessories and amazing fashionable clothes. 

"This is your makeup artist and hair dresser, Lee Lim and your dresser over here is Kim Yerim," Manager Kim said. I just bowed at them as my manager sat me in a chair. I sat in front of a mirror and I could guess what was going to happen next. "We're going to just get you ready for your first photoshoot." I just nodded as my makeup artist and hairdresser started to wipe my makeup I did this morning.

I stared at myself in the mirror for a while. I couldn't believe what was happening. I was wearing nice makeup and cute clothes. I walked out of the room and peeked at the set. I then walked up to my manager. She just smiled as she looked at me. "You look amazing." I just let out a cheeky smile. "Oh, come and say hi to your photographer, Oh Junghan." The man looked over at me and smiled widely.

"You are a beautiful woman," Junghan said as he kissed my hand. "I'm your new photographer and your makeup artist's boyfriend, so don't get any ideas." I just smiled and bowed. I wasn't interested in him at all. "Well, let's get you on set."

I let out a huge sigh as I rested in the dressing room. I was hungry and running on an empty stomach now. I checked my phone to see it being ten in the morning. I looked around the place and then saw my manager peek her head in. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah... I am," I said.

"I'm going to get you some food so you don't run on an empty stomach. You just rest here until the food arrives." She walked out and I just let out a smile. My phone rang and I picked it up without looking at the ID name.

"Hello?" I asked as I sat back.

"Yun, did you eat yet?" I just let out a smile.

"And if I didn't?" I asked.

"Then I'll treat you out, Yun. It's simple," Chanyeol said simply. "I'll bring food to your place. You're at Model Star's company building right? What floor?"

"The fourth floor," I said. Chanyeol just hummed as a reply. I stayed quiet till he spoke.

"Alright, I'll be there soon," Chanyeol said.

"Okay," I said. I hung up and walked out of the room, before my manager ordered anything for me. "Um, I'm having someone come up and send me food today. I'm sorry."

"Who is it? Your boyfriend?" she teased.

"He's just a good friend," I said as she kept teasing me.

I sat on the couch after a bit of teasing and waited, until I heard the door open. A red head peeked their head in. I let out a smile and moved to the edge of the couch. "What took you so long?" I asked him as he sat down with a bag full of containers. "I was hungry." He just let out a laugh.

"Sorry, I had to find a sneaky way of getting in without your crew talking about me to other people," he said. "Your crew is very... fun. They talked about you like they knew you their whole life."

"Well, I guess you can say we're close now," I said as I plopped a piece of popcorn shrimp in my mouth.

"Was it fun?" He asked as he set the rest of the food on the table. I nodded as I kept eating with my hands. "Will you stop it?" He asked as he handed me sanitizer. I made a face and wiped my hands before using the sanitizer. After, he handed me chopsticks. "Please use these."

"Always wanting me to use chopsticks, or forks, or spoons," I said as I took the chopsticks and ate more of the delicious popcorn chicken. "This taste so good. Where did you get it?"

"It's from the trash can down the street," Chanyeol said grabbing some shrimp for himself. I stood still and stopped chewing. "I'm serious."

"You make me want to puke," I said as he laughed. "You scared me you troll." He just kept laughing as my manager walked in.

"Hey, um, we've gotta get you ready for the next shoot in thirty minutes," she said as she looked at Chanyeol and gave a wave. The little troll just smiled and waved back with some rice in his mouth. Manager Subae left and Chanyeol just swallowed his rice down.

"So, are you and Baekhyun back together?" he asked as he took a sip of water. I stopped stuffing my face as I sat there and thought about what happened last night and this morning.

"No," I finally replied. "Why?"

"He bought this food and told me to ask you about lunch. Then he told me to bring it to you," he said simply. I put my chopsticks down and looked at him. "I just think you should give him one more chance. He's not a bad person." Chanyeol put his chopsticks down too and took a sip of water.

"You're right, he's not a bad person. He's exactly the same since I've last dated him." I sighed. "I just don't think it's the right time yet."

"I know what's wrong. You're scared of commitment, but the funny thing is that it was you that cheated on Suho," Chanyeol said as he kept eating. "I think you're scared of having Baekhyun get into trouble like you did when you first dated him. If you think about it, when you get famous or something, you can finally say you're dating him and he wouldn't be the only one getting hurt." I sat there listening to him, but Chanyeol wasn't helping at all. He knew it all.

"You're right. I'm scared. I don't want him to leave me like he did to protect me back then, along with him getting into issues with Suho." I looked at my feet. "If I become famous, I would just make it worse for both of us, but why does that matter? We would get hurt either way. I just don't feel safe, especially with my dad lurking around."

"Go any way you want. I'm not gonna push you towards Baekhyun, but I think it's just better." I just let a small smile out. I didn't know. Why did it have to end that way so long ago? I just let out a sigh. The boy next to me sighed along. "What are we gonna do?" I didn't know. Did I have to do something? Why couldn't I just be smart and push Baekhyun away last night? If I didn't actually like him, I wouldn't have let him stay in my bed last night. "Well, I've got to go. I've got a schedule." I just nodded and waved bye as he left.

After a long day, it became dark and the stars lit up the skies. I was taking the taxi home while my mind was clouded up with what Chanyeol was talking about earlier. The lights in the buildings amazed me as I went past them. I kept frowning as I got to my apartment. I then noticed a figure standing next to my door. He looked over at me and let out a smile. "What's taking you so long? Open the door," he said. Baekhyun. Byun. Baekhyun. I hate your smile. I walked up to the door and opened it. I entered and took off my shoes with Baekhyun following behind like a puppy.

"What are you doing here?" I said as I turned around, but I was greeted with a hug.

"Did you like the food?" he asked. "I bought it myself, but you probably know that because Chanyeol told you." He let go of the hug and I just stood there a step above him. He looked at me and then frowned. "Did the food taste bad?" I shook my head and didn't say another word. "What's wrong? Hey, tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing," I said as I looked away. "It's late, you should go home."

"What? I didn't come here to leave."

"Why did you come here then?"

"Like I said, a man doesn't let something go that easily." I just looked back at him as his eyes met mine even thought I was on a step. He stared into my eyes and then placed a kiss on my lips. I was surprised as he looked around aimlessly. "What should we eat for dinner?" He walked past me and into my kitchen. I let out a small smile and just followed him this time. Hey Baekhyun, I still hate you, just in a loving way.

-------------------------------------------------

(A/N): *Cringes then dies* I probably shouldn't have wrote that because I just killed myself. *-* Anyways, my stories keep getting love and it just makes me happy. Thank you guys so much for the support through everything and I'll try to keep updating even though I'm bad at it. I love your guys' comment, so maybe put down a comment? Love all of you Headphones to death. <3  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.6K 3.2K 36
All Oh Sehun wanted was a peaceful life until one day, the famous Byun Baekhyun took notice of him and his life started being filled with havoc inste...
142K 6K 32
"Baekkie, I love how your little body move with mine." Those words started what shouldn't start between them. Not wanting anyone to know were alrigh...
22.8K 1K 25
I loved you and you loved me. But you left. I changed and so did you. I still love you but do you? How can you forget me so easily? Do you even kno...
85.5K 2.3K 33
"W-where am I, what am I doing here, what are you going to do to me?" "Don't worry about it, your mine now babygirl" Choi Jiyeon was an ordinary teen...