As We Go

By Kerrykix

Irene, Caroline, and John are now all adults dealing with the difficulties of being Kennedys, child-rearing... More

Game Night
The Family
Just Like Pops
Home
Fighting
Grandma
Like Father Like Son
Decisions
A Gift
Growing Up
Jiminey Crickets
We'll Meet Again
Date
Bridget
Saint
Wonderful
I Do.
Whirlwind
Awe
Family
Taken
Always
Sealed with a Kiss
Christmas is a Comin'
Fear
Strong

As We Go

481 5 7
By Kerrykix

Max drove Irene and Jack to the hospital as Irene gently rubbed her father's back. He moaned, "I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"
"No, I'm just stressed and that makes it worse," Jack replied.
"It's going to be okay, Daddy," Irene whispered in his ear.
He cries quietly not wanting Max to see him weak. Irene had rarely seen her father cry and she hated when he did. They arrived at the hospital and went to the waiting room where they waited anxiously for some news on Jackie's condition.
The doctor came out of the back room as Irene squeezed Jack's hand. She stood up and then helped her father up from his chair. "Doctor," Irene said quietly, "How's my mom?"
"I'm sorry, Irene," the doctor said because he knew Irene, "But she has bleeding in the brain. She won't make it through the night."
      Irene cupped her hand over her mouth and sobbed uncontrollably. "Daddy, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Mackey."

      The moment that Jackie breathed her last breath all of her children were with her, Caroline, John, and Irene. Irene grabbed her mother's hand and kissed it, "Mama, I'll take care of Daddy, Caroline, and John. It's okay to go, but we'll never forget about you as we go along without you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The First Time By Joy

Historical Fiction

30.6K 316 26
A young girl's first time turns into a lifetime commitment.
16.5K 241 20
After a nerve-racking election day, Jack and Jackie have to deal with the outcome. The sadness and grief felt by both the First Couple is a worry to...
51.4K 734 41
After a tragic year, Jack has a new lease of life after winning the 1964 election. He hopes his next term can only bring him and Jackie closer and th...
Fauquier County By Dayna

Historical Fiction

10.5K 231 27
Jack and Jackie occupy many residences but what happens when Jack presents Jackie with a new one, in Virginia's Fauquier County?