Something About Summer

By whiteflags330

-Formally Known As Summer, Summer- Lanny is almost a senior in high school and he is totally excited for this... More

Cast
Crash
The Ice Cream Shop
Ice Cream Sucks
Amusement Park
Sharp
Day Off
The Party
Girlfriend
Felix's
The Birthday Suprise
Happy Birthday
Investigation
Hospital
Remembering
The Dream
Wait It Out
The Ride
Winning Her Back & Other Things
Virgin Stories
The Storm
After the Storm
What If
Confrontation
Prepping

Birthday Hangover

9 1 0
By whiteflags330

The day after my party was not too great. I had the worst hangover ever. I just wanted to sleep all day and not do anything. I grabbed my phone and called in sick to work, then went back to sleep. But not for long because soon after, Sadie woke up and freaked out. She thought that we slept together, which is understandable. We were both in our underwear and in my bed. We did not sleep together. 

"Sadie," I said getting out of bed with her, "Nothing happened. You crashed in my bed and so did I."

"I swear to god, if you're lying to m-"

"I would never lie to you. I don't want to sleep with you."

Right away, I did regret that and looked at her with wide eyes. She looked pissed, which is never a good thing to do to your girlfriend. Never piss them off. 

"What?" 

"No, I mean, I want to wait to sleep with you. You know, when we're ready." I replied trying to calm her down. 

She was pretty loud and like I said, I had a bad hangover. I'm pretty sure she did too. She took a deep breath and looked at me, feeling a little guilty. 

"I get it, sorry, now you've met morning hungover me." She replied.

I shook my head and shrugged, "Don't worry about it. We're both having pretty shitty mornings."

"Want me to make breakfast?" She questioned.

I nodded, "Please!"

She put on the outfit that she was wearing yesterday and went downstairs, I told her I wanted to change and then I would meet her down there. I got changed into grey jeans with a black t-shirt, red converse and a gold anchor necklace. I took my phone off mt charger and walked outside my room. Before I got downstairs, I bumped into CC. I smiled.

"Hey, good morning." I was a but quiet, you know hangovers. 

She just looked at me with messy hair and a satin look on her face. It was not pleasant. I shrugged, a little frighten and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen where Sadie was almost done with breakfast. She decided to make some for everyone, seeing that Ash was already at the kitchen table, ready for food. I walked behind Sadie and wrapped my arms around her waist. She turned around and kissed me. 

"Stop making out and get me food!" Ash yelled. 

For as long as I've known, Ash, he has never had a hangover. I don't understand why or how. He has a secret that he tells no one, but I am officially older than him and I will talk it out of him. Hopefully. I said down next to him and stared into his eyes. He felt a bit uncomfortable, but stared back. 

"I thought you liked girls." He stated.

I nodded, slowly, "But you know what I like more."

He didn't say anything and just continued to stare at me.

"No hangovers. What's your secret?"

"I thought you were going to say me and I got nervous, cause I ain't gay."

"Ash, please, I need to know. Plus I'm older than you and better." I replied.

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"Come on, belated birthday gift?"

"Hey, I got you a pillow."

I was about to say something, but then Sadie set down the breakfast.

"Let it go, Lanny. Hangovers are not the end of the world." She smiled sitting next to me.

"One day it will be." I muttered.

Eventually everyone else came downstairs to eat. We all sat at the table and most of us felt tension. Not sure from who, but there was some there. After we ate, we all decided to go to the boardwalk with Jeremy. I still had a pretty bad headache from the hangover, but I sucked it up. At least I'm spending the day with Sadie, with Ash asking so many questions. When did this start? Why her? Did you guys have sex yet? Do you even have anything in common? I can't believe he's asking so many questions. Believe it or not, it's super annoying. Where is he getting all these questions? Why won't it stop? Sade seems to be okay with it or she's just blocking him out.

"Hey, Ash, shut the Hell up." I finally said something.

"But I have so many more questions."

"You can ask more and get detailed questions if you give me your hangover cure." I smiled.

He really did shut up after that and I was kind of sad about it. I really I want to know that cure. But if he stops asking questions I guess I can't complain. We all decided to go to the arcade. It's one of the best places to go and plus, it's a long way from the ice cream shop. Mallory thinks I'm sick, so I want to stand clear. Sadie, Kit and I all went to the claw machines, probably are favorite part of the whole thing. CC, Ash and Jeremy were near by, mostly at the slot machines. I know CC and Ash love to gamble,maybe Jeremy does too. And I honestly have no idea where Wyatt went too. He always disappears when we're here. I really want to find out where, but I'll control myself.

"Okay, question."

Sadie and I looked at Kit.

"Did everyone feel that tension this morning?" Kit questioned.

Sadie and I nodded.

"I think it was CC and Jeremy."

"What?" We said at the same time.

Kit nodded, " CC fell asleep in Jeremy's room last night and they disappeared half way through the party."

'You don't think..."

"No. No. No." I shook my head, wanting that image out of my mind forever.

We all looked at Jeremy and CC. Jeremy was talking to a girl, who I've never seen before. I'm pretty sure they were flirting. Then we looked at CC, who seemed super jealous. I did hear Jeremy through the walls last night, it can't be true. That's so gross, she's 17 and he's 26. That's like a lot of years apart. Noted I'm not good at math. But I know that's a lot of years apart. I turned to Sadie and Kit and the two shrugged. They were happy not to be in my situation. Now I don't know what to do. Do I say something or let it go? It's my brother's life. However, we all know me and I can't seem to mind my own business. I always want to know what's happening. I went to a different claw machine with the girls and noticed someone familiar. Jeff, with a kid. The kid looked like him and was probably about 5 years old. Wait, is this his son? It has to be. I walked up to him.

"Hey, aren't you working today?" I asked.

Jeff seemed annoyed that I was here, "Well since you called in sick, we decided to close it today."

"Oh, shit, sorry man."

"Watch you're mouth around the kid." He looked very serious.

"I have a name, it's Ian." The kid said.

"Sorry, I didn't notice him."

Suddenly, Mallory walked up with some tokens. She looked like she was caught off guard by seeing me. We talked for a bit and I didn't ask if Ian was Jeff's kid or if Jeff and Mallory were dating. I kind of just let that go. Mallory was actually really happy that I called off. I said goodbye and went back to Kit and Sadie. Kit said that Sadie went to go get more tokens.

"You honestly don't think that Jeremy hooked up with CC, right?" I questioned.

"Do you have feelings for CC?" She questioned.

I shook my head, "No."

"Then let it go, it doesn't matter, Lanny."

I shrugged, "I can't help it. Just because I don't like her like that, doesn't mean that I shouldn't care."

"Look. I'm not for it either and it was obviously just a one time hook up, you have to let the people you care about make their own decisions."

"Fine." I let it go, for now.

Sadie came back with some tokens. She had a confused and shocked look on her face.

"Did you know Brooklyn works here?"

Kit and I both shook our heads.

"Yeah and she was hanging out with Wyatt. They didn't seem me, but I did see Wyatt smile."

"What?" Kit and I said in shock at the same time.

Sadie nodded.

"He never smiles." I stated.

"Well, I guess he does now." Sadie shrugged, completely fine with it.

She doesn't know Wyatt like Kit and I. So, this is a huge deal. I don't know what to do with this situation. Wait. I remember that one time Brooklyn came in with that blonde girl, Samantha or something. Samantha said that she was dating someone and Brooklyn said she was hooking up with someone. I know Samantha was talking about Wyatt, but was Brooklyn talking about him too? And he was he cheating on Samantha the entire time? If he was, that kind of makes him a slut and I think I'm okay with that. I mean, I'm okay with Kit acting like one, why wouldn't I be okay with Wyatt actually being one? It's his life. I also feel bad, cause he probably will never have someone, like Sadie and I.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 8.6K 41
What do you do when your boyfriend of two years cheats on you and gets caught at junior prom, in front of the whole school? You grieve, you suffer, a...
172 8 15
One unforgettable summer was destined to be etched in their memories, as five best friends clung to their last shared moments before college beckoned...
42.9K 740 53
Jordan wants to get away from all the pain that her boyfriend, Jason is causing her. As well as emotional pain, she has to deal with physical pain fr...
148K 3.7K 19
(BoyXBoy) Summer, when you're in school it's all you can think about. Being able to do whatever you want, not having to worry about studying or homew...