Something About Summer

By whiteflags330

-Formally Known As Summer, Summer- Lanny is almost a senior in high school and he is totally excited for this... More

Cast
Crash
The Ice Cream Shop
Ice Cream Sucks
Amusement Park
Sharp
Day Off
The Party
Girlfriend
The Birthday Suprise
Happy Birthday
Birthday Hangover
Investigation
Hospital
Remembering
The Dream
Wait It Out
The Ride
Winning Her Back & Other Things
Virgin Stories
The Storm
After the Storm
What If
Confrontation
Prepping

Felix's

15 1 0
By whiteflags330

So, last night was great, I loved spending the night with Sadie. I don't even remember what time I got back, all that I know is that my mom was either pissed or sleeping. She never sleeps, it was the first one. My friends said they're coming around 1, so I have an hour to get ready. I'm kind of excited to go to this shop, can't wait to see what my friends buy me. So, I got changed into ripped jeans with a black and red t-shirt, maroon converse, that gold bracelet from yesterday and three different rings. One is a sliver Spiderman, the second one is gold and the last one is silver. I grabbed my Batman wallet, phone and decided to go downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen and I was hoping to be able to sneak out. Sadly, she stopped me. I rolled my eyes and turned to her slouching. She looked so angry.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Work. I got more hours so I could have more money for my birthday tomorrow."

She looked me dead in the eyes.

"You haven't forgotten about my birthday, right?"

"No, in fact, I have something special planned for you." She smiled.

Ash texted me that they were there and I told him to wait outside, I'd be right there. If my mom catches me lying today, I'm probably screwed for tomorrow. I decided to head out and on my way out I heard my mom say something.

"Have you seen your dad?"

I stopped and walked back in the house, "Why?"

"He didn't come home last night and I need his paycheck."

"For a second there, I thought you were worried about him." I looked at her and left.

I walked up to Wyatt's car and we drove off. Ash was wearing black ripped jeans with a baseball shirt, black boots and a gold weed necklace. Wyatt was wearing black pants with a white t-shirt and a plaid shirt over the shirt, with old, worn out grey converse and a black beanie. CC was wearing black leggings with a black tank top that says "made in the 90s," a black shirt wrapped around her waist, white converse and a silver cuff bracelet. Sadie looked amazing today in her red dress with black boots, black and silver feather earrings and a white flower crown. Finally, Kit was wearing a Wonder Women tank top with really short jean shorts, red converse, an ice cream necklace and a yellow watch. Within 20 minutes we were at the shop. We all walked in and saw Laura, who was wearing a black zipper tank top, black ripped skinny jeans with a white skull on it, black Alice n Wonderland boots, black lace, fingerless gloves, blood moon earrings and a purple crystal ball necklace.

"Happy almost birthday, Lanny!" She said hugging me.

"Thanks, nice shop." The shop is like a Gothic thrift shop.

"I try," She smiled, "Feel free to look around!"

"We're dong a thing where we all buy something for Lanny." CC added.

"Oh well, that's even better. I think this is a perfect shop for that."

They all went and looked around for a gift for me. stayed back and hung out with Laura.

"Which one are you dating?" She asked.

"Uh, what?" The questioned caught me off guard.

"Come on, if this were a book, you'd be the main character and the main character is either hardcore crushing on or dating someone." She added.

"Before I answer anything, why would I be the main character?" I looked at her with a slight smile.

"You rescued a friend, make most of the decisions, friends seem to look up to you." She pointed out.

"Alright, I see what you're saying and Sadie."

"Really? The rich one?" Laura was intrigued.

I nodded, "Yeah, crazy, right?"

"Not really. You saved her, you two probably kissed last night and I saw how you looked at her during the party. You couldn't keep your mind off her."

"Are you a physic?" I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

She just shrugged.

I smiled, "Alright, fine don't tell me."

"So, anyone else know about this. Your relationship?"

I shook my head, "We tried to tell them. I'm just going to tell them on my birthday."

"Have fun with that."

"Wait why?"

"I have a feeling something big is going to happen tomorrow."

"You can totally see into the future!?"

She just shrugged again. I swear if she's playing me and I get stressed out from nothing, I am going to be so angry. Eventually everyone checkout and we left. We went to a nice restaurant. We order and one by one they gave me my gifts. Ash got me a pillow that looked like pot in a ziplock bag, Kit got me a fancy, steampunk flask, Wyatt got me white suspenders, CC got me a big wing ring and Sadie got me a gold pocket watch. I looked at her curious.

"A while back you said that you thought pocket watches were so cool." Sadie smiled.

"That was like 3 years ago, you remembered?"

She nodded, "I remember a lot of things."

CC looked at me, "Best gift?"

"Pocket watch." I replied looking right at Sadie.

That gift made me like her even more. The fact that she remembered made me like her even more. I can bet the rest had no clue about that. Sadie probably even remembers the story behind it. I always wanted a pocket watch because when I was a kid, my great grandfather had one, he died and gave it to another great grand kid. I was pissed. I bet she even remembered me describing the way it looked. The pocket watch looked kind of like the one Sadie bought me. Anyways, we ate and left. I had to go to work. Sadie walked me and she wanted ice cream. Before we walked in she kissed me.

"You're defiantly telling them tomorrow, right?" She asked.

I nodded, "I was thinking about doing it a little after we get to CC's."

"Sounds perfect to me. We really need to tell them because it kind of feels awkward."

"Agree."

We walked and I bought her ice cream, I got to work. She left after finishing her ice cream. I was the only one working and really no one was here. I was ready to close up, when something happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.7K 19
(BoyXBoy) Summer, when you're in school it's all you can think about. Being able to do whatever you want, not having to worry about studying or homew...
481 43 15
The uncharted territory of adolescence in the mid 2000's. The last summer of high school. The birth of social media. Nights at the roller rink. Heart...
This Summer By Kiera

Teen Fiction

5.3K 56 34
I guess everyone had those summers. The summer about the one that got away. The summer you lost your friends. The summer you told lies to impress...
27.2K 1K 26
Charlotte Dean wants to have a good summer, one that doesn't involve boys. All she wants to do is work her job at the ice cream parlor, and spend tim...