Something About Summer

By whiteflags330

-Formally Known As Summer, Summer- Lanny is almost a senior in high school and he is totally excited for this... More

Cast
Crash
The Ice Cream Shop
Ice Cream Sucks
Amusement Park
Day Off
The Party
Girlfriend
Felix's
The Birthday Suprise
Happy Birthday
Birthday Hangover
Investigation
Hospital
Remembering
The Dream
Wait It Out
The Ride
Winning Her Back & Other Things
Virgin Stories
The Storm
After the Storm
What If
Confrontation
Prepping

Sharp

11 1 0
By whiteflags330

7:30 a.m. huh? Never knew there was one. I guess that says something about me. Slacker? Definitely.I got changed into a simple outfit of black jeans, a blue tank top and red Vans. I walked downstairs, where I wasn't greeted by my loving mother, but instead shot down. I swear if she makes me late.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked suspiciously.

"Work." I replied.

"Better not be hanging out with that Ash guy." She looked at me.

"Yeah, because he's going to be up at 7:30 a.m. I'm going to hang out with a kid who has never been up this early." I said sarcastically.

She yelled things at me while I was leaving, but I honestly didn't care. I don't need her to nag me in the morning. I was walking on the boardwalk, there's no one here. It's like a ghost town. Creepy. I got to work and walked in.

"Lanny, gad to see you." Mallory said, shocked.

"I'm surprise I got up this morning." I replied.

Jeff smiled. Mallory rolled her eyes.

"So, what do we do at 8 a.m?" I asked.

"Jeff usually sleeps and since none of the shops are open yet, I clean up and stock, but you could stock." She smiled.

I just looked at her, "Fine."

Mallory started to sweep and Jeff came into the back with me.

"Did you say anything to Mallory last night?" He asked.

I jumped, "Jeez warn me," I looked at him, "No, she cut me off before I could say anything."

"Just curious." He replied.

"You're 18, right?" I asked.

He nodded, "Why?"

"No reason." I replied.

He went back to his spot. It's noon and people are starting to show up.

"I gotta go!" Mallory smiled and left.

She always seems to be leaving just as this place started to get busy. I woke Jeff up and we got to work. Wyatt and Ash walked in, they know I work at an ice cream shop, but in all fairness, I don't think they were listening. They don't know that I work here. They walked up to the counter ready to order. Wyatt was the first once to notice me.

"Uh, I would like," He couldn't get rid of his smile, "May I please get a cup of mint chocolate chip?"

"I waaaaaaant, chocolate, cone!" Ash said happily.

Wyatt was laughing a little.

"What's so funny?" Ash asked.

"You tell me." Wyatt replied.

Ash looked up, "Well, don't we have a top-notch worker?"

They definitely weren't listening.

"Ha-ha, get it out of your systems." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, man, I'll be over there, tweeting about this." Ash walked off.

Wyatt looked at me with a serious face, "Sadie is all over you. Stop leading her on."

"No she's not." I rolled my eyes, making their ice cream.

"Dude just stop."

"Why would you even care? Unless you like her."

He shook his head, "God no. I just don't want this group to fall apart."

I thought about it for a second and then realized that Wyatt does like someone in the group, might not Sadie. But if something bad happens between Sadie and I, the group splits up. I'll back off because I don't like her at all, but she better back off too. I handed Wyatt his ice cream and Ash's ice cream.

"Can't wait til everyone else find out about this!" Ash smiled.

They left.

"Friends?" Jeff looked at me.

I nodded. He shrugged.

I took a deep breathe, "So, how is your kid?"

He looked at me, "I don't have a kid."

"But, Mallory said-"

"Look, I don't know what she said to you, but I don't have a kid." He interrupted me.

"Okay." I couldn't say anything else, I didn't have any proof. Man, I really hope Jeff doesn't hate me..working with a co-worker who hates me. Does not sound fun. I already have a parent who does. But I really want to know if he has a kid and why he doesn't bring it up. No, I shouldn't care.

Jeff's phone kept on going off.

I looked at him, "Who's texting you?"

"No one." He replied, it was a pretty fast respond.

We're packed and Jeff's phone is really annoying, kind of hard to concentrate. He finally checked his phone. I glanced over, he looked worried.

"I have to go. Do you mind closing up?" He asked.

I looked at him, then looked at all the people waiting in line, I know this will come out sarcastic, "No, no, go right ahead, do whatever you need to do. It's not like it's packed in here and I'll be screwed by myself."

"Thanks man, I owe you huge." He replied, too worried to notice my sarcasm.

It must be pretty bad. After 13 hours of non-stop working, it was finally time to close up. I have seriously worked, 8 am to 9 pm. So this is what Hell is? Not as bad, my mom is nowhere insight. I left and saw Sadie walking on the boardwalk with what seemed to be... Friends. I decided to catch up with her. When I caught up to them, there were two preppy girls and one guy. They just looked at me. The first girl was kind of short with medium length blonde hair, blue eyes that are really covered by her glasses. She was wearing a green off the shoulder crop top shirt with light pink shorts, white flats and a gold "love" necklace. The other girl was taller with long wavy brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a bright yellow crop top with black high waist shorts, white converse, a few gold rings and a silver dream catcher necklace. The guy had short brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a red t-shirt, grey shoes and a feather necklace. They all looked pretty pretentious.

"Hey, Sadie, um...what'cha doing?" I asked.

"Obviously not talking to you, reject." This definitely isn't her. I mean she's rude but not this rude.

The guy looked at her, "Is he one of your friends?"

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, but there was something different, like she didn't want to be apart of this. "No way, Ripely, who would ever be friends with him?" She tried to hide how nervous she was.

"Good, what's his name, loser?" Ripley asked.

"Lanny,." I said calmly, "By the way what kind of name is Ripley? Like do your parents hate you?"

"It's actually pretty common around the rich community. What about Lanny? Do your parents hate you?"

I nodded, "Not my dad, but my mom really hates me." I said with a big perky smile on my face.

"Look, Ripley, lets go, I don't want his loserness to rub off on us." Sadie did not want to be in this situation.

"So rude. Let me propertly introduce myself, I'm Lanny." I put my hand out for it to be shook.

Ripley seemed skeptical but accepted it, "The blonde is Samantha and the other one is Brooklyn."

"Cool, so what are you doing?" I asked.

Sadie really didn't seem happy, so I decided to snoop about.

He looked at me confused, "Hanging out with Sadie." He moved his hand to her side.

Boyfriend? No..couldn't be.

"By the way, Lanny, why don't you and some of your friends come to a party I'm having this Saturday. It's semi-formal."

"Semi-formal? Am I in middle school?" I snarkily replied.

He just smiled, it's weird but he had a little twinkle in his eye. Do rich kids pay for that? Ripley gave me his address and they walked off. I decided to see if I could find everyone else. I honestly don't trust that Ripley guy. He seems... Charming. Charming is never a good word to explain a person. You just don't use it. I eventually found the group in our normal hang out spot. I can't believe I've never seen Sadie with those people before. Then again, they're probably always hanging out in the rich neighborhood.

"So, we just got invited to a rich kid's party. It's semi-formal." I said.

"Seriously? By who?" Kit seemed to be really excited.

"This kid that Sadie was hanging out with, Ripley." I replied.

"That kid went to the same private elementry school as me." She replied.

I ignored the private school, I was too nervous about Sadie.

"We should go." Wyatt shrugged.

"No. We should crash it." Ash added.

"Ash, shut up. It seems like fun." CC replied.

He shrugged, "Fiine!! By the way, Lanny, how'd you get invited?"

"I caught up with Sadie, who seemed to hate being near them."

"Why didn't she just leave then?" Wyatt questioned.

"Because she's a rich preppy girl, it's her herd. If she doesn't hang out with them, she won't be accepted in the rich community."

CC laid back on the table, "Why can't we all just live in a world of peace?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 740 53
Jordan wants to get away from all the pain that her boyfriend, Jason is causing her. As well as emotional pain, she has to deal with physical pain fr...
370K 8.6K 41
What do you do when your boyfriend of two years cheats on you and gets caught at junior prom, in front of the whole school? You grieve, you suffer, a...
3.2K 608 16
On steamy, hot summer days, the parched soil cracks like ice into jagged lines resembling lightning blowing up the midnight sky. Summer craves to be...
209 52 21
Memories of summer camp rushed in my brain as I quickly recognized the boy. I think he recognized me too, because as I came in he started choking on...