Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

78 Panic & Pain

28 2 2
By Mysi85

The huntress broke abruptly away from him. Trembling, she gasped. She could hardly breathe and was shaking. The heart in her chest stung. Distraught, she stared at Wataru. Her hand clutched at her shirt, while she could not take her eye off of him. Slowly, she went a step away from him.

"What's wrong?", asked Wataru confused.

"What have you done?!", she croaked.

He ran irritated a hand through his hair. "I ... we kissed."

"No. Something is happening to me." Panting, she blinked several times.

"What do you mean?" Disoriented looked Yuna around. She wanted to get away from here. Away from him. What had he done to her? "Yuna! What's happening? Talk to me!"

Again, she looked at him. "I don't know."

The young man spread his arms. "Come here."

"Stay away from me!" She stepped further back.

"Yuna-chan ..."

Her heart ached infinitely. It was unbearable for her. Tears flowed down her cheek. What happened to her? For a fraction of a moment she felt like the luckiest girl in the world, but then something inside her changed. She pressed her hand on her chest, where her heart beat as if it would tear apart at any moment.

Worried, the young man approached her. "Yuna-chan. How can I help you?"

"You can't help me!" Only one man could help her. She turned around and ran away.

"YUNA-CHAN!" Wataru sprinted after her, but she was way too fast for him. "YUNA!"

The huntress spurted as fast as she could. She swept through the streets into the industrial district. Wataru had lost sight of her after a few minutes. He continued trying to follow her, but without knowing where she went, he ran just aimlessly through the night.

The girl smashed with such enormous force into the door, that it crashed against the wall and then slammed shut.

"YOSHIRO!!!", she screamed as she rushed into the main hall of his warehouse.

The Oni looked up from his desk, where he was reading the newspaper. "Yuna? What's wrong?"

"Something is happening to me!" Sobbing, she fell to her knees.

Yoshiro appeared squatting next to her. "What happened?"

With tears flowing down her cheek and gasping for breath, she looked up. "Wataru kissed me."

"So?"

"At first, it was beautiful. I felt warmth and love, but now all it does is hurt." Groaning, the girl cringed, as if this could relieve her pain. Thoughtfully the mentor considered the huntress. "HELP ME! PLEASE!", she begged.

"I'm thinking." He frowned and analyzed the newly acquired information.

The blue-haired gritted her teeth. "It hurts so bad!"

The yellow-skinned recapitulated. When he had hugged her, she had complained about pain too. He had assumed that her power should not be permanently active, because this was unusual in most Oni. There had to be a reason why she had been invulnerable all this time. And now there was an indication of how her power could be controlled. Emotional security as a switch.

"Maybe the kiss somehow turned off your power.", conjectured the Oni.

"Then why does it hurt so much?" The blue-haired gritted her teeth in pain.

"Like I said, just because you don't feel the pain, doesn't mean that it's not there."

Tormented she stared at him. "Just help me!"

"I don't know how."

Yuna grabbed him by the shirt collar and shook him. "DO SOMETHING! Call your stupid friends, or whatever!"

The Oni took her hands and broke them away from his shirt. "I don't know what to do."

Sorrowful she shook her head, causing her braid to whip back and forth behind her body. "You always know what to do!"

"I'm not omniscient, Yuna."

She sobbed as she writhed again and groaned. "Please ... you're the only one who can help me! I'm begging you!"

"What do you expect from me? Should I perform a miracle?"

"Yes, damn it!" Furious, she beat her fists on the concrete floor.

"Okay. I'll try something."

He pulled the huntress up on her shoulder, swung out and slapped Yuna hard in the face. Her head moved to the side. Slowly she turned back at him and stared at her mentor with her mouth wide open.

"I'm sorry.", confessed Yoshiro with an uncomfortable grin. Yuna nodded speechless. "Better?"

She nodded on and sat down. Heavily breathing, she stared at the floor. With her left hand she wiped the tears from her face.

"Okay. The kiss has somehow short-circuited your power. At the beginning, you could only feel the positive feelings coming from the kiss. But then the negative ones pushed through, probably because they are much more numerous and intense at the moment."

Apathetic, she looked at the gray floor. "I don't understand."

"This is the pain of losing your family. The pain of your injuries. All the fear and loneliness."

"Then I'd rather feel nothing than that.", growled the girl.

Yoshiro rose. "I'll make you some tea."

The girl nodded absently. She wrapped her arms around her knees and stared around the room. Worried, Yoshiro looked at his protege. He had already guessed that the whole grief would be latent dormant somewhere inside of her. He only had no idea how he could bring it up, until now.

He came back with a mug of tea and put it next to Yuna on the floor. Then he sat down beside her.

"You know, I felt something similar.", he explained. She looked at him, but said nothing. "It hurts so much, when I think of your family. I miss them." The blue-haired nodded. "Maybe that's a good thing. We understand your power better and will be able to find out how you can control it."

"I don't want to control it. I don't want to feel pain.", wailed the blue-haired.

Yoshiro scratched his head. "Pain is part of life."

"Not to me. I felt almost nothing for the last couple weeks."

He sighed. "Yuna. The pain is there. It was simply suppressed."

"And it should remain that way." She took the steaming tea and drank it in one single gulp.

"Don't you think that your family deserves that the pain is felt?"

Warily, she glanced over at her "uncle". "What do you want to say?"

"Perhaps it's time that you prove enormous courage."

Yuna frowned. "Speak clearly to me."

"I want you to feel the pain. I think you hid long enough behind your power."

For a moment she thought about his words. "You want to see me suffer."

"No. I don't want that. To see you suffer will be cruel for me. But I believe that you can get rid of the pain that way. That it will allow you to process and overcome it."

She shook her head. "I can't do this."

"Of course you can."

Again, she looked at the floor and whispered: "I'm scared."

"I know. That's fine." The Oni stood up. He stretched his hand to the girl. She looked up at his eyes, which shone from warmth and care. "I'm here for you."

Hesitantly, she took his hand and got pulled up by him. He led her to his sofa and sat down. The huntress seated herself next to him.

"And now?", she asked.

"Come into my arms."

He spread his arms. Yuna remembered the moment with Wataru on the bridge and recoiled. He had looked almost exactly the same. Slowly she leaned against the Oni. Yoshiro closed his arms around her. He patted her shoulder.

"Relax.", he whispered. Yuna sniffed. "Search for peace and quiet inside you."

"That's so stupid.", sneered the girl.

"No, it's not."

She tried to relax. She pulled her legs up on the sofa, and snuggled closer to Yoshiro. On his shoulder she buried her face. He started to stroke her hair.

"It will be okay.", he soothed.

She nodded slowly. There was a throbbing pain in her chest. Taking a deep breath, she reached inside her mind for it. She immediately tensed up and began to tremble.

"Shh. It's all right. I'm here." He continued to stroke her. Yuna sobbed as the pain flowed into her body. Tears came to her eye and she swallowed hard. "I'm here for you." Yoshiro's voice trembled.

Then the dam broke. The tidal wave of pain choked Yuna completely. Her parents were dead. So were Mai and Ayu. Yui was in a coma. She had almost died a couple of times. For the first time she realized on an emotional level what had really happened to her. She was no longer human, but a hideous creature.

The knowledge let her tremble harder and she clung tightly to her "uncle". The blue-haired tried to pull herself together, but she finally lost the battle. Hot tears left her eye and were absorbed by Yoshiro's shirt. She shivered and began to cry.

"It's okay." The Oni also had tears in his eyes. It broke his heart to see her like this, but he was convinced that it was for her best.

The girl shuddered and clung more tightly to him. "Why?", she sobbed.

"I don't know, but it will be fine."

She cried on, while Yoshiro continued to stroke her cautiously and whispered soothing words to her. The blue-haired alternated between plaintive cries during which she beat on Yoshiro, soft sobbing to catch her breath, and heart-rending wail.

Silent tears ran down Yoshiro's cheeks, but he had to be strong. For both of them. For his friend Kensuke. For the only family he had ever had.

After some time Yuna fell asleep. She had literally cried herself to sleep. The Oni held her all night long in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 18.2K 82
Tokyo Revengers various x Female! Reader โŒฃ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โŒฃ โ”† โ”† โ”† โ”†โ‹† โ”† โ”† โ”†เชœ โœพ โ”† ยฐ โ™ก โ€ข โžต โœฉ โ—› ยฐ โ”†ๅฝก โ€ โ†ถ*เณƒโœงหš. โƒ โ†ท หŠ- โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โžค "But when you told me the whole st...
947 62 50
The Tale of Yuuko Tamaya Part One A high-school yuri (girls-love) romance. After the absolute-worst experience of her young-adult life, Yuuko...
923 144 30
Most people assume Miu is a timid, shy girl, but actually she's quite a down to earth kind of gal. She grew up in the Hyakuya orphanage alongside wit...
163 16 7
[This is a one-shot original work of fantasy] {COMPLETED} Tired of the same old "other world" anime? This is my play on the subject, turning it on it...