Fragile Hearts

jongindreams- tarafından

She called it madness. He called it love. ©jongindreams-™2016 Daha Fazla

Copyright | Disclaimer
Prologue
Fragile Hearts: One
Fragile Hearts: Two
Fragile Hearts: Three
Fragile Hearts: Four
Fragile Hearts: Five
Fragile Hearts: Six
Fragile Hearts: Seven
Fragile Hearts: Nine
Fragile Hearts: Ten
Fragile Hearts: Eleven
Fragile Hearts: Twelve
Fragile Hearts: Thirteen
Fragile Hearts: Fourteen
Fragile Hearts: Fifteen
Fragile Hearts: Sixteen
Fragile Hearts: Seventeen
Fragile Hearts: Eighteen
Fragile Hearts: Nineteen
Fragile Hearts: Twenty
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-One
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Two
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Three
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Four
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Five
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Six
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Seven
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Eight
Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Nine
Fragile Hearts: Thirty
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-One
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Two
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Three
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Four
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Five
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Six
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Seven
Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Eight
Epilogue

Fragile Hearts: Eight

7.1K 402 860
jongindreams- tarafından

She stood outside her door for what seemed like hours. Her nerves preventing her from knocking on the solid, white wash door. What would she say? How would see explain her behaviour in the past seven days? Would she over look it? She didn't quite know.

With a long sigh Hinata straightened her shoulders and raised her fist. She knocked twice, completely ignoring the doorbell. The sound of shuffling on the other side of the door made her wonder what exactly she was doing in there. She tapped her foot on the carpeted floor in the hallway and waited, until finally the door opened.

For a moment both girls just stood staring at each other, taking in each other's appearance. Hinata was clad in a black and red plaid sleeping shorts and a white shirt with black long sleeves. Whereas Tamaki was still in her bathrobe with a towel wrapped around her hair.

"Hinata," she said surprised.

The pale girl raised a hand, "hi."

"What are you doing over here?" She asked folding her arms over her chest.

"W-well firstly, I'd like to apologize for my behaviour in the past few days...I wasn't myself."

Tamaki smiled, "hey it's okay. We all have our off days."

The Hyūga smiled, "and I wanted to know if you were still up for watching a few movies and stuff."

"Of course. I'll be right over, just let me get dressed," she said glancing behind her into her apartment.

Hinata nodded, "okay. Let yourself in."

"Gotcha." Hinata felt a lot better as she walked back to her apartment, it was good to know she hadn't lost any of her friend...in fact she had gained a new one. A very persistent one at that.

Leaving her flip flops at the door, she made her way into the kitchen. The microwave had already stopped, meaning the popcorn was ready. She emptied the bloated bag's contents into a large bowl and placed it on top of the large pizza box on the counter. It was the usual, pizza and popcorn, though at that point she'd rather have coffee.

The ringing of her house phone brought her into the living room. Quickly detaching the handset she placed it at her ear. "Hello?"

"Is this Hinata Hyūga?" The caller asked in a hoarse voice.

Hinata furrowed her eyebrows, "yes..."

"Oh, well I just called to ask you something."

"Who is this?"

He completely ignored her previous question and continued to ask his, "what are you wearing?"

Her eyes widened and her hand clenched the phone tighter. She had no idea of how that pervert got her number, nor who the pervert was and because of that she felt uneasy. "I'm hanging up now."

There was a rich laughter on the other end which caused her to rethink ending the call. She knew that laugh anywhere, "okay, okay please don't hang up," he said in his normal voice.

"How'd you get my number?"

"Trust me, it wasn't easy, but as I said before, I have connections."

Hinata deadpanned, "goodbye."

"Wait, wait!" She could hear the panic in his voice. "I really did have a reason for calling you."

"Besides scaring me half to death?" She asked ruffling her bang.

"You were scared?"

"Yes. I've watched enough horror movies to know that the killer could be watching me from my window," she explained causing him to laugh at her thought process. "Glad I can amuse you. I thought you were some pervert."

"Sorry, I just wanted to know how you'd react...and a part of me was hoping you'd tell me," he said holding back a laugh.

Hinata's door opened and the brown haired girl walked in. She noticed that her friend was on the phone and pointed to the kitchen. "Help yourself," the Hyūga responded.

"Huh?"

"Not you," she said addressing his confusion. "I have a friend over." She was a bit surprised that she hadn't stuttered once since she was on the phone with him. Either she was getting used to him or he only had that effect on her when they were facing each other.

"Oh...that's why you turned me down today?" He asked, there was the sound of an intercom in the background.

Hinata couldn't help but smile, "you could say that."

"I could be better company."

The pale girl blushed, "why did you call Naruto-kun?"

"Trying to get rid of me already. Alright. I'm at the supermarket and I don't know what type of dog food to buy. Any advice?"

"I don't know, what does your instinct tell you to buy?"

"Ramen," he answered quickly. Hinata couldn't hold back her laughter this time. "See I made you laugh, this is why I'd be better company."

As she listened she knew be was smiling and coincidentally so was she. "Just pick one."

The blonde groaned and Hinata could hear the rattling of plastic until he sighed. "Hey...hey Sir, can I have like one of all these dog foods-the small packets. I don't know what my dog likes...okay thanks."

The lavender eyed girl arched an eyebrow, "problem solved?"

"Not quite."

"What's wrong?"

"You still haven't said yes to going out with me." He said and Hinata shook her head in amusement.

"Goodbye Naruto-kun," with that said she hung up. Pulling on the sleeve of her shirt she walking into her bedroom to find Tamaki putting a disk in the DVD player.

She glanced at her, "done talking with your boyfriend?"

Hinata blushed, "he's not my boyfriend."

"Sure," the brunette smirked looking at her. "I heard you laughing out there."

She sat on the bed, "can't a friend make me laugh?"

Tamaki didn't reply, she merely stuffed her face with popcorn. "What type of pizza is that?" She asked after swallowing.

"Pepperoni." She crawled into the bed and opened the box. Hinata watched her, "don't you like it?"

She shrugged, "it's just that Hawaiian is better."

The Hyūga crossed her legs and placed a pillow on her lap, "that's a moot point."

Tamaki shook her head and took a slice, "it's a known fact."

Rolling her eyes in a playful manner, Hinata turned to the movie that was starting. "What are we watching."

"Deadpool."

She nodded and they both turned their attention to the movie. "So, still job hunting?"

"I'd rather not ruin the mood," Tamaki replied. Hinata took a slice of pizza and all conversation came to an end.

They would laugh and comment on something occasionally and for the first time in a while Hinata felt like she actually had a female friend who she could hang out with. She couldn't replace Tenten of course, but she was a close second.

Half way through the movie Hinata's cellphone started ringing. She looked at the phone and realized that it was an unknown number, but something told her it was Naruto. "Hello?"

"Sorry to interrupt your date."

"It's not a date," she deadpanned. And I know you're not sorry. "And seriously how'd you get my number?"

"Let's just say it involved a lot of begging and empty promises," he said.

"What is it this time?" She asked getting out of bed and walking into the hallway.

Naruto scratched the back of his head as he glanced at his dog, "well Kurama isn't eating."

"Kurama?" The pale girl leaned against the wall.

"Yeah," he smiled, "that's his name."

"Okay, well you basically bought every type of dog food the supermarket had to offer."

"And he's still not eating," the Uzumaki said crouching down to pet the vermilion coloured dog. "Maybe he's sick."

"No, Kiba-kun didn't say anything was wrong with him," she replied.

Naruto frowned, "come on Kurama. If you eat I'll let you go for a run with me in the morning."

Hinata smiled on the other end, "have you tried mixing the wet food with the dry one?"

"Hmm no. Let me try."

Her fingers curled around her phone, "w-well, I'll just hang-"

"No," he said quickly. "Don't you dare hang up."

She looked back at Tamaki who was still watching the movie. "I have company."

"He can wait," he said opening another packet of dog food.

It's a she though. "You can just...text me."

Naruto grimaced, "I called because I wanted to hear your voice." She blushed crimson and slid down the wall, until she was sitting on her polished wooden floor.

"O-oh," was her only reply. She was wrong, even over the phone he made her nervous. Once again he'd turned her into a stuttering girl who couldn't put together a coherent sentence. Naruto didn't say anything after that and of course Hinata didn't hang up. She sat and listened to the shuffling on his end and his steady breathing.

She'd turned down his dinner invitation and yet he managed to stay in contact with her for most of the night. He was persistent and determined, maybe that's why he was so successful. He was right...he wasn't Kiba.

"Wait...he's eating!" He exclaimed causing Hinata to smile at the excitement in his voice.

"You're welcome...I-I guess."

Naruto chuckled and rubbed Kurama's head, "thank you."

"So can I go now?" She asked pulling her knees to her chest.

"No," he answered leaving the kitchen. Hinata didn't complain this time though, because although she'd never admit it...she liked hearing his voice. It was very comforting and somewhat reassuring. She tilted her head back until it touched the wall and he stood before the glass window in his bedroom. Neither spoke, but what good were words when the comforting silence said it all?

"Um..." She murmured after a while.

"What time is your lunch break?"

Hinata bit the inside of her cheek, "that's classified information."

He chuckled and she smiled, "yeah so was your phone number, but I got it anyway. So save me the trouble with this one."

Her smile grew to her dismay, "I have to go."

"Every time," he muttered on the other end.

"Goodnight Naruto-kun," she whispered getting off the floor.

Naruto wore a small smile as he spoke, "sleep well Hinata." She hung up and he placed his phone in his pocket before falling backwards on his bed. His smile dropped however when there was a loud crash downstairs. The blonde groaned and got up, "dammit Kurama," he hissed marching out of his room.

...

"Yes I'll have a cinnamon dolce latte," she said to the cashier.

"Name?"

"Hinata." The cashier nodded and printed her receipt. The Hyūga stepped out of the line and looked around the crowded café for a vacant seat. It seemed as though everyone was on lunch break at the same time. She sighed when she realized there was none and simply stood to the side, out of everyone's way.

"Is it always this packed in here?" A male voice asked over her shoulder.

"Yeah, it's unbeliev-" She stopped when she saw who it was. "Are you following me?"

The blonde smiled and pushed both hands into his pockets, "it wouldn't seem that way if you'd answer my questions."

"I-I don't like your questions," she pouted looking away.

Naruto flexed his jaw and turned to face her, "why not?"

"I just-" she was cut off by his hand closing around her exposed arm and pulling her closer to him. It was when a man on the phone passed that she realized he was about to bump into her due to his preoccupation with his phone call and eyes on his coffee cup. "T-thanks."

"Crowded places aren't your thing," he stated looking around the café. She didn't respond, Hinata merely stayed by his side, out of danger and engulfed in his intoxicating scent. "I'm sorry you don't like my questions...but I can't help but ask."

"Do you ever take no for an answer?"

"No," he smiled down at her. "Never give up." She shook her head and smiled. "So are we still on for Friday?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, "I have no plans for Friday."

"Meaning you're free," he smirked.

"W-well I-I..." She racked her brain for an excuse, but it was no use. He had her right where he wanted her.

"Will you go out with me on Friday? And this time I'm not taking no for an answer. In fact, I'm not leaving until you say yes."

"Naruto-kun...I-I can't," Hinata replied.

The blonde frowned, "I'll shout you know, so that everyone hears me asking you out."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "you wouldn't da-"

"Hinata Hyūga-!" She pulled on his white, dress shirt sleeve, today he hadn't worn a vest.

"D-don't you have work to get to?" She whisper yelled looking around to make sure that all eyes weren't on them.

"Will you go out-?" this time she tipped on her toes and placed a hand over his mouth.

"Alright fine. I-I'll go out with you."

The blonde smiled against the palm of her hand and took ahold of her wrist. Pulling it away he looked at her slender fingers, "you have nice hands."

Hinata quickly pulled away her hand and looked away to hide her blush. "Y-you're the oddest creature."

Naruto smiled, "never heard that one before." The pale girl smiled and listened as her name was called. She walked up to the counter and collected her latte, before walking back to the blonde. "I'll walk you to the pet shop."

"I-It's okay really," she said as they exited the café.

Naruto rocked back on his heels, "what does it take to get a yes out of you?"

She smiled and pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. It was getting a bit windy which made her regret wearing her hair down. "I-I don't know, d-does drawing everyone's attention ring a bell?"

Naruto merely gazed at her with a lopsided smile plastered onto his face. "You look good with your hair down-not that you don't look good with it up. I mean-you do! You look amazing and...and...I'm talking too much."

Hinata laughed and turned to leave, "goodbye Naruto-kun."

"I'll pick you up at eight!" He called after her. She threw him a wave and he smiled as he started walking backwards with both hands in his pockets. Passersby looked at him with eyebrows furrowed but he merely flashed them a toothy grin. Taking one last glance at Hinata's fleeting figure, he turned away and walked back to his car.

Fragile Hearts | A NaruHina Story
©Infinite_Writer01™2016
Thank you for reading!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

12K 273 9
I love you.... Naruhina College Au {Completed} ~RANKINGS~ #1 in newexperiences {3/25/21} #1 in hinanaru {5/2/22}
3.1K 34 12
" I love you Naruto-kun " that's i wanna said that to my lover , Uzumaki Naruto . I fell in love with him since we are child but i'm to shy to show m...
72.4K 3.8K 63
After the rage of war, Naruto finds himself in a completely new territory which he must overcome to become Hokage! Doki doki... Whatever that means. ...
71.2K 2.3K 17
Its the day had come, finally hinata will marry the love of her life, naruto. He finally acknowledged her love, but the uchiha has another say. In su...