The Hidden

By luckycharms

A new King. A new War. A new Love. When Prince Avaryn Lumynos went mad, he left his country devastated and f... More

Prologue - [The Fall of Avaryn]
Chapter 1 - [The Man in the Mask]
Chapter 2 - [The Noble Friend]
Chapter 4 - [Self Confidence]
Chapter 5 - [Seeing Without Seeing]
Chapter 6 - [The Intruder]
Chapter 7 - [History of the Lumynos]
Chapter 8 - [To Be a Warrior]
Chapter 9 - [Selfishness]
Chapter 10 - [Flirtatious Fool]
Chapter 11 - [Prisoners]
Chapter 12 - [A Father's Regrets]
Chapter 13 - [A Mother Knows]
Chapter 14 - [A Kiss and Three Questions]
Chapter 15 - [The Crying Soul]
Chapter 16 - [The Only One]
Chapter 17 - [Unmasked]
Chapter 18 - [Precious Ruby]
Chapter 19 - [The King's Advisor]
Chapter 20 - [Five Months]
Chapter 21 - [Fictional Reality]
Chapter 22 - [Made Me Proud]
Chapter 23 - [She Knew Nothing]
Chapter 24 - [New Mission]
Chapter 25 - [Forgiving]
Chapter 26 - [The Truth]
Chapter 27 - [Disgusting Witch]
Chapter 28 - [The Gentle Lumynos]
Chapter 29 - [Jealousy]
Chapter 30 - [Noble Actions]
Chapter 31 - [The Head of the Lumynos]
Chapter 32 - [Coronation]
Chapter 33 - [The Hero]
Chapter 34 - [The Statue of Lumyryn]
Chapter 35 - [Best Friends]
Chapter 36 - [The Past]
Chapter 37 - [The Friendship Bracelet]
Bonus Chapter - [Flowers]
Chapter 38 - [What Needs to be Done]
Chapter 39 - [Complete Control]
Chapter 40 - [Despair]
Chapter 41 - [Pathetic]
Chapter 42 - [The Oath]
Chapter 43 - [Warriorhood]
Chapter 44 - [Little Sister]
Epilogue - [Dangerous]
Author's Note - [Please Read]
Prologue - [Protector]
Chapter 1 - [The Wall of Lumyryn]
Chapter 2 - [The Roses and the Ring]
Chapter 3 - [Red Knight]
Chapter 4 - [Save the Clan]
Chapter 5 - [Sorrow]
Chapter 6 - [By Her Side]
Chapter 7 - [Vision Spell]
Chapter 8- [Existence of the Evil]
Chapter 9 - [Heartbeat]
Chapter 10 - [Confessions]
Chapter 11 - [The New Land]
Chapter 12 - [Battles and Sacrifices]
Chapter 13- [Strength of the Mind]
Chapter 14 - [Explanations]

Chapter 3 - [The King of Raffyre]

3.7K 127 24
By luckycharms

It was a special time of the year in Raffyre. It was the time of the year where the King travelled around the country and each village he visited would hold a great festival in his honor.

  And it was finally time for the Village of Amberdyse to hold theirs.

  Villagers scurried around the village, preparing for the special celebration as the King and his men rode into Amberdyse.

  They decorated the roads and their homes and covered the trees with lanterns. Stages were built and people were busy practicing for their performances.

  But the excitement was only one side of this event.

  The other side was security.

  The walls of Amberdyse were covered with knights and hidden in the forest outside of Amberdyse were warriors. The King’s protection was their number one priority.

  But still, everyone was excited.

  And when they saw him for the first time that year, excitement filled the village, everyone running to get a glimpse of their great king.

  The King was a handsome young man. Though he lived for only twenty-two years, he had become very respected and loved. However, he was also very frightening to many. After all, he was a Lumynos man.

  Everyone feared the Lumynos clan.

  He sat on his horse, looking high and mighty, and all his subjects looked up at the man in awe.

  Many men dreamed to be like him.    

  Many women dreamed to be his wife.

  He had shiny black hair that was always combed back neatly under his crown and chiseled features that made him look like the statue of a god. He was strong, somewhat muscular and had a smile that was cocky, but at the same time, modest.

  But what stuck out about this king were his red eyes. The red eyes of the Lumynos family.

  The same eyes that almost every soul in their land feared.

  The same eyes that Avaryn had.

  After all Avaryn and King Dukaryn were blood.

  Like brothers.

  But not really.

  They were cousins.

  Many believed the King Dukaryn was the angel created the gods to balance out the evil that Avaryn brought forth.

  And many more believed that it was King Dukaryn who chased that traitor out of their country.

  Of course, no one knew what really happened to the killer.

  King Dukaryn smiled at his subjects as he rode forward.

  He was so used to this attention that he had become desensitized to it. It meant little to him.    

  And that was why he was so easily distracted when he saw many of the younger folk sitting around a girl, watching her instead of him.

  Meenu’s friends, and a couple of the village children, watched in amazement as she shot an arrow through yet another falling leaf, forgetting completely that the King had arrived.

  And though the King wanted to deny it, he too was quite surprised to see her skill.

  A girl? Able to wield a bow and arrow? That was a rare sight indeed.

  “Seliaryn” The king called.

  King Dukaryn’s right hand man gracefully rode his horse to the King’s side. “Yes, sire?” He asked, his deep voice made some of the women turn.

  “Who is that girl?” The King asked, looking straight at the girl with the thick, brown curls.

  Lord Seliaryn looked out at the girl his king was looking at, and then back at his king. “That’s the daughter of Lord Kyrus.” He tried not to show any emotion, but he was slightly curious of his King’s interest in this girl.

  The King’s eyes widened. “Avaryn’s old fiancée?”

  “My King.” Lord Seliaryn said as he placed his finger over his lip. “It is forbidden to speak of that in this village. “

  The king raised an eyebrow and then chuckled. “Do you know her?” The King asked his right hand man.

  “I do.”

  “How well?” He asked. But he didn’t let the Lord answer. “Probably quite well, after all she was the fiancée of your best friend.”

  Lord Seliaryn didn’t respond to that. He knew his voice would betray him and show the anger he felt when people called him the best friend of Avaryn.

  It was not true.

  It was once true, but it wasn’t anymore.

  That man was a villain and Lord Seliaryn wanted nothing to do with him.

  “Huh.” The king smiled. “So that’s her? I’ve heard much about her.”

  “She’s a popular topic among the villagers.” Lord Seliaryn said.

  The king nodded. “I guess so… I heard her parents are having some difficulty finding her a husband.”

  “It’s true.” Lord Seliaryn said. “Because of her affiliation with Avaryn, people don’t believe her to be a pure wife.”

  “But she’s pure?”

  “Of course.” Lord Seliaryn said, confidently. “She’s from a noble, humble family and she’s a good girl. Though she lacks some discipline. “

  The King smiled. “Really?”

  Lord Seliaryn nodded. “Yes, sire.”

  “Bring her here to me.”

  “My king?” Lord Seliaryn called, shocked. “I don’t think–”

  “Bring her here to me.” The King repeated, this time a little more sternly.

  Lord Seliaryn hesitated before he turned his horse and rode in the direction of the girl.

  Meenu looked up when she heard the horse and a grin grew on her face.

  She ran over to Seliaryn as he got off his horse. When she reached him, she hugged him tightly. “Seli!”

  Lord Seliaryn chuckled, though he was a little nervous because he knew the King was watching. “What are you all doing here? The King has arrived and you all are sitting here?”

  The children got up, fearing the knight and quickly scampered away. Meenu’s two friends, however, just sat there and smiled.

  “You need to show a little more respect, Meenu.” Lord Seliaryn said.

  Meenu stepped away from him. “We were just having some fun.”

  Lord Seliaryn smiled.

  Meenu looked at her good friend.

  He was one of the few people who were kind to her, unlike the many other people in her life.

  But there was something special… or unsettling… about Seliaryn.

  Not only was Seliaryn a part of the Lumynos family, which meant he had the signature red eyes and black hair… but he was also once the best friend of Avaryn.

  All the people of Raffyre knew it and many feared him because of that. After all, he must be as bad as Avaryn was.

  But Lord Seliaryn proved himself to be noble time and time again. And when people realized he was a great man, they started to respect him.

  Even though he was once the best friend of Avaryn.

  He was also a very handsome Knight, which made most of the women of the land accept him immediately. He was quite tall, with broad shoulders and had a square, chiseled face.

  And because of his rich, high classed family, he was always clean shaved and well groomed.

  “Meenu.” Lord Seliaryn called. “Are you listening to me?”

  “Really?” Alissa asked, rushing over to Lord Seliaryn’s side. “Whatever for?”

  Meenu looked at her. “What?”

  Lord Seliaryn rolled his red eyes. “The King wishes to speak with you.” He repeated to Meenu, since she clearly wasn’t listening the first time.

  Meenu narrowed her eyes. “Me? Why?”

  “I have not the slightest clue.” Lord Seliaryn said, honestly. “But you will go speak to him. Remember, do not speak harshly. Try not to say much at all. Answer his questions and don’t say anything else. It is easy to offend this king.”

  Meenu hesitated, turning to Linkyn and Alissa.

  Alissa looked nervous but Linkyn didn’t really see what the problem was. All the king wanted to do was talk to her.

  But a moment later, Lord Seliaryn turned around and made his way towards the King.

  Meenu followed hesitantly.

  When she reached the King, she did the curtsy that her mother had taught her how to do. She still hadn’t perfected it and her mother was often annoyed with that. “My King.”

  The King smiled at her from the top of his beautifully decorated horse. “Meenu Kyrus.”

  She nodded.

  “Your archery skills are remarkable, for a girl.”

  “Thank you, sire.” She said, though she was slightly annoyed with the fact that he added in the ‘for a girl’ part.

  “Answer one question for me, will you Meenu Kyrus?”

  “Yes, King Dukaryn?”

  “What do you think of Avaryn?”

  Meenu was shocked by the question and Lord Seliaryn got worried, knowing well that Meenu, for some strange reason, had no memory of the man.

  “Well?” He asked, after waiting a moment.

  “He’s a killer, of course? A killer who deserves to die.” Meenu said.

  “Yes?” The King asked. “Is that what you truly believe?”

  “Of course! Who doesn’t want him dead! He killed thousands!”

  The King smiled. “Good. That’s the answer I was hoping for.”

  “Why did you ask me that?”

  Lord Seliaryn held back the urge to roll his eyes.

  “Because I wanted to see if you would give me the right answer.”

  Meenu looked at him, confused.

  “And since you gave me the right answer. I have a gift for you, Meenu Kyrus.”

  Meenu hesitated, her eyes still on him.

  “You will be my wife.” The King smiled.

  Meenu’s mouth fell open. “What…”

  Lord Seliaryn’s shoulders dropped.

  The King smiled at her and began to ride off. “I will speak to your parents, my Lady.”

  Lord Seliaryn was frozen for a moment. But when he snapped back into his senses, he looked at Meenu.

  She stood there, watching the King ride off, in shock.

  Lord Seliaryn turned his horse and rode after the King.

  When he caught up, he saw the King smiling.

  “I also heard that Avaryn loved her dearly.” The King said to his right hand man.

  Lord Seliaryn shuddered.

  He didn’t know why, but something inside him told him to worry.

~*~*~*~

  Blood stood on a branch that belonged to a tree in the forest of Feyran. His arms were crossed as he looked down at the Village of Amberdyse. The people looked like tiny insects from where he was standing. After all, these trees were thousands of years old, meaning they grew high into the sky.

  But even from that distance, Blood could see the excitement of the people. He saw the crowd surround the king and he saw the King.

  He looked like a flee from here.

  A weak little flee.

  Blood was amused as he thought of squishing him.

  He then blinked his amusement away because when he opened his eyes he was no longer alone.

  “Fury.” He said as the woman next to him straightened up after jumping onto his branch.

  “I can never surprise you, can I?” She asked.

  “Nope.” Blood said. “What’s the news?”

  “Good news.” Fury said as she tightened the string that tied her long golden blonde hair up.

  Blood kept his eyes on the village.

  “Heart and Light have infiltrated the village of Viryse.”

  “Good news indeed.” Blood said. “I was worried that the two would not get along well enough to work together.”

  “They surprised the Master too.” Fury shook her head. “You should have seen him.”

  Now Blood looked at her. “Why?”

  “He smiled!” Fury said, still shaking her head. And then she shuddered. “Even when he smiles though... those red eyes of his are still so cold and frightening. I’d rather him not smile.”

  Blood let out a small laugh and looked back at the excited village.

  “He also told me to warn you about being especially careful.”

  “Why?”

  “He says not to be rash. This village is precious to him.” Fury said. “I heard his lover once lived here.”

  “I heard that too.” Blood said. “I also heard she’s dead.”

  “Possibly.” Fury shrugged. “That would explain his wrath.”

  Blood simply nodded.

  Fury went to remove her mask but Blood held his hand up. “You should be wary of removing your mask for some time.” He said to his partner.

  “Why?” Fury asked, though she listened to him. She trusted Blood with her life and was willing to do what he said.

  After all, he was the strongest warrior of them all.

  “The king has graced Amberdyse with his presence.” Blood said. “Which means there are thousands of knights and warriors sneaking around, trying to make sure he stays safe.”

  Fury grimaced. Blood couldn’t see it, but he knew she was making that face.

  They knew each other very well.

  “What a spoiled brat.” She said. “I cannot believe he was like a brother to someone as powerful and mighty as Avaryn.” She then looked at her friend.

  Blood scowled when he heard the name Avaryn. But he calmed himself down immediately. “Titles are passed down through families. Power is not.” He said. “Power is achieved through hard work and dedication. That brat has nothing of the sort.”

  Fury chuckled. “Oh Blood. Sometimes I wonder if you’re truly only a young man. You speak like an elder.”

  “Wisdom does not truly come with age. It comes with experience.”

  “Alright, alright.” Fury rolled her eyes. “Don’t make me believe that you’re a better philosopher then you are a warrior.”

  Blood let out a small laugh, amused again.

  “I’ll be off again.” Fury said. “I must report back to our cold, cold red eyed Master and let him know that you’ve understood what he has said.”

  Blood nodded.

  An instant later, he was alone again.

  Blood thought carefully as he stood alone on that tree branch.

  And then he disappeared too.

  Mayor Gryre was, as usual, sitting at his desk, reading. He had a lot of things to sort through before he met with the King. He had to calculate the taxes collected and report the new warriors and knights and make a list of all the new marriage alliances and much more.

  He sighed as he pulled out a quill. But as he went to dip it in the ink, a light breeze filled his room and his papers moved slightly.

  Mayor Gryre looked up and took a sharp breath when he saw Blood.

  “Blood” He said as he sighed in relief.

  But he was only relieved because it was just Blood rather then his master. Blood’s master was a fierce, harsh and demanding young man. Whereas Blood was similar to him in many ways, but much gentler.

  Blood bowed his head and when he lifted it again, the Mayor remembered what he was supposed to say to him. “Oh, Blood… I was informed about what happened days ago with Meenu Kyrus–”

  “It’s fine.” Blood said. “It was a fun little joke.”

  Mayor Gryre watched Blood for a moment and then leaned back into his seat. He never understood that man. Usually, he was silent and gentle. But when angered even slightly, you could hear his thirst for blood in the growl of his voice. “Alright then.” The Mayor said. “What are you doing here?”

  “The King is making his way here at this very moment.” Blood said, standing so still that it bothered the Mayor, just as it always had. “I just wanted to remind you of the deal you made with Master Red.”

  Mayor Gryre hesitated. “The King is coming to speak about something related to this deal?”

  Blood nodded his head.

  Mayor Gryre crossed his arms and sighed.

  And then there was a knock on the door.

  A light breeze filled the room again and Blood disappeared. Moments after, the door opened and the King walked in with a smile on his face, Lord Seliaryn following close behind.  

  Mayor Gryre stood up and bowed. “King Dukaryn.”

  “Rise, my friend.” The King said as he took a seat on one of the sofa’s in the mayor’s office. The King put one leg over the other and then stretched one of his arms onto the sofa back, making himself comfortable.

  Mayor Gryre sat down and smiled. “You’re here earlier then expected.”

  “Because I have much to speak to you about.” He said. “First and foremost… I’ve heard that you have spies under your control in your village.”

  Mayor Gryre kept a steady stare. “Spies?”

  The King nodded, watching the Mayor carefully. “Do you?”

  The Mayor let out a small laugh. “There are no spies, my King.” The Mayor said. It was the truth. “I have no need for spies… and I never will have a need for them.”

  The King smiled. “Good.” He said, believing the mayor. “Now, onto the most important issue… I wanted to discuss this with you because you are our oldest mayor and most experienced one…” He smiled. “I have decided on moving our forces into Destyn very soon.”

  Mayor Gryre’s eyes widened. “What?”

  Blood was right.

  “We have discussed this already, Mayor.” The King said, surprised by Mayor Gryre’s shock.

  “But… you never said you were going to infiltrate their country.”

  “It was implied.”

  “My King… you cannot do that.” The Mayor said, moving forward in his seat. “They are natives to that country. It is their own.”

  “That’s not true. Legends say it belonged to us.”

  “Those were lies, my King. Everyone knows that.” The Mayor argued. “We cannot do this.”

  “Mayor Gryre.” The King said, leaning forward. “Do you know what kind of resources we could obtain if we get that land?”

  The Mayor shook his head. “My King, I’m sorry but I cannot let my village get involved in this.”

  “You have no choice.”

  “My village is allied with the Destynians.”

  The King smiled. “The decision has been accepted by my advisors. It’s going to go through.”

  “King Dukaryn!” Mayor Gryre stood up. “Those people are good people… our nation will be the one to get a bad name!”

  “Those people are monsters.” King Dukaryn said, leaning back in the sofa and sighing.

  “They are not human, yes. But they are not monsters. Our village has been allied with them for hundreds of years. Before we were even a part of Raffyre!”

  The King looked at the Mayor. “I also heard they are giving sanctuary to Avaryn.”

  Now the Mayor froze, his eyes widening.

  “They are known for giving sanctuary to criminals.” King Dukaryn said.

  Mayor Gryre took a deep breath. “They wouldn’t do such a thing.”

  “He’s been missing for six years.” He said, playing with the hilt of his sword. “Where do you think he’s been? All of the best warriors, knights and spies of Raffyre have been searching for him since the massacre and he’s never been found. It’s obvious that he’s not even in the country.”

  Mayor Gryre shook his head, wanting to argue back but knowing he couldn’t continue doing so.

  “If we infiltrate Destyn, we find Avaryn.”

  “There is no guarantee of that.”

  The King stood up. “We will see.” He said, smiling. “Also, I quite look forward to this years festival.”

  Mayor Gryre’s jaw dropped. Was that really it? Was this conversation really going to end there?

  The King turned around and started walking towards the door.

  But then he stopped at the door and looked over his shoulder at the Mayor. “Oh, by the way… I thought I should let you know…” He smiled casually, as if discussing a simply, unimportant matter. “I’ve decided that I’ll be getting engaged to Meenu Kyrus.”

  Mayor Gryre raised his eyebrows and widened his eyes. “What… why her?”

  The King simply shrugged. “She caught my interest. I will see you tomorrow, Mayor Gryre.” He then turned and made his way out.

  Mayor Gryre and Lord Seliaryn shared a glance before Lord Seliaryn bowed and left behind his King.

  When they were gone, Mayor Gryre fell back into his seat, sighing loudly.

  And suddenly there was that light breeze again.

  He looked up, not surprised this time. “Twice in one day. That’s new.”

  Blood stood as still as he always did. “What are you going to do, Mayor?”

  The Mayor ran his fingers through his hair. This stress was going to make him go bald. “Blood, you usually give me great advice. Will you not help me this time around as well?”

  “My advice…” Blood let out a small laugh. “My advice is simple. You do notwant to anger King Karuna or the Destynians. But more importantly, you definitely do not want to anger Master Red.”

  Mayor Gryre sighed.

  “King Karuna and Master Red are dear friends. And King Karuna saw this coming. That is why he asked for Master Red’s help. That is why I am here.” Blood said. “You are also a dear friend to King Karuna. He trusts you.”

  “But the King–”

  “Is an insolent little brat.” Blood finished. “He’s acting without thinking… too young to think of all the consequences of his actions.”

  “What am I to do, Blood?”

  “Try your best to convince the King and his advisors about how much of a bad idea this is.” Blood said. “If that doesn’t work, my comrades and I will do what we can to handle it.”

  “Tell me something, honestly.” The Mayor said, watching Blood.

  “I am always honest with you, Mayor Gryre.”

  “Is Karuna really protecting Avaryn? Is that true?”

  Blood raised his head. “King Karuna would never protect evil.”

  “Evil…” Mayor Gryre sighed. “That boy could have been the greatest King we ever had.”

  “Speaking like that is treason, Mayor Gryre.” Blood said.

  “I know.” The Mayor said.

  “You must focus on what I have told you.”

  Mayor Gryre nodded, looking rather glum. “But if push comes to shove… my decision will be the one which protects my village and my people.”

  Blood nodded and bowed his head. “Understood.” He said. “I will be reporting this to Master Red. Whether he tells King Karuna or not is up to him.”

  Mayor Gryre nodded again, his head down.

  Blood was about to leave again, but the Mayor called him. “And Blood…”

  He looked up at the Mayor.

  “I have something else I would like to ask you.”

  “Ask, Mayor.”

  The Mayor looked up at him. “The King wants to marry Meenu Kyrus.” The Mayor started. “If that goes through… that means Meenu would be the Queen of Raffyre.”

  Blood watched the Mayor carefully, wondering what his question was.

  “What do you think of that, Blood?” He asked. “Is that a good idea?”

  “Mayor Gryre…” Blood started. “I have not a care in the world about who Dukaryn marries and makes his Queen.”

  Mayor Gryre let out a small laugh. “Of course.”

  There was a silence for a moment.

  And then Blood bowed his head once more. “We will meet again, Mayor Gryre.”

  The Mayor nodded. “Till next time.”

  With that, Blood disappeared… again.

  Lady Kyrus stared in shock at the King that was standing at their door. It had been so long since a King had stepped foot into their house and she had forgotten how to act. “Oh… my…”

  The King smiled warmly at Lady Kyrus. “My Lady.” He said as he took her hand and kissed it.

  Lady Kyrus looked hesitantly at the Lumynos man.

  The cousin of Avaryn.

  Lady Kyrus felt her heart ache as she dropped her arm.

  But the King obviously didn’t noticed, and simply smiled, waiting to be let into the house.

  Lady Kyrus suddenly took a breath. “Oh my…” She repeated. “Please, come in, my King.”

  The King’s smile grew as he walked into the house, following Lady Kyrus into the den of their home.

  He sat down on an expensive looking chair.

  Lady Kyrus turned to Lord Seliaryn, who was someone who visited her often. “You sit too, Seliaryn.”

  Lord Seliaryn bowed. “Thank you, my Lady.”

  “Is Lord Kyrus home?” The King asked.

  “Yes, my King.” Lady Kyrus said. “He’s in the back… if I knew you were coming I would have prepared–”

  The King waved it off. “Don’t worry about it. I simply came to discuss something important with you and your husband.” He said. “Could you bring him here for me.

  “Of course, my King.” Lady Kyrus bowed. “I will return in a moment.” She said as she turned and made her way as quickly as she could towards the stables of her home.

  When she found him, she told him that the King was here and he was just as shocked as she was.

  He made his way to their den and bowed. “My King.”

  The King grinned. “Lord Kyrus.” He said. Even the King admired Lord Kyrus’ strength and will power. After all, it was rare that a limping man would be the greatest knight that lived. “I met with your adopted son when he was training at the Capital. He is becoming as good as you.”

  Lord Kyrus smiled “Thank you, King Dukaryn.”

  “Now… I have something important to ask you… it’s good news though, I believe.”

  Lord Kyrus watched the King carefully.

  “I want to make your daughter my Queen.”

  Lord Kyrus kept his composure, but his wife gasped and fell back onto a sofa. He turned and looked at her and saw her eyes wide in shock.

  And then he looked back at King Dukaryn.

  It wasn’t that he didn’t like the King.

  He was a good man.

  But he was also a child.

  A child who did not have a father’s guidance. And now this child was a King. He often had no idea what he was doing.

  Lord Kyrus wondered if it would truly be a good idea to let him marry his daughter.

  But now that the King had decided, did he really have a choice?

  “My King… may I ask why you’ve decided on marrying my Meenu?”

  The King looked at the knight. “Well, my advisors have been pestering me about getting married for quite some time now. After all, I am twenty-two years of age. So I thought… who better to arrange a marriage with then your daughter? The daughter of the most noble and well-known knight in Raffyre.” He said. “It would be great politically. I’m sure that’s what my uncle thought when he engaged Avaryn to her.”

  Lord Kyrus flinched when the King said Avaryn and the scar on his lower left leg throbbed.

  “And besides,” the King continued, “Avaryn did poor Meenu a great injustice. She did nothing wrong but has to suffer for his wrongdoings, whether she knows it or not. I can put an end to that. And I truly believe she belongs to the royal family.”

  Lord Kyrus swallowed. “My King… in all honesty…”

  Lady Kyrus looked up at her husband, shocked with his hesitation.

  “In all honesty… Meenu is an immature girl who desperately wants to be a warrior or a knight. She is not at all ladylike and has always been like that. She’s a troublemaker and may, many times, make you look very bad. She is rather clumsy and she talks back and argues and is very stubborn. She’s been like that since she was a child.” Lord Kyrus took a deep breath. “And at this moment… at the age she is right now, she is not at all fit to be a Queen.”

  Lady Kyrus’ heart started to race, her eyes watering.

  Was her husband really trying to throw away such an opportunity?

  “And you’re right, My King.” He continued. “Avaryn did her a great injustice… but before he lost his sanity, the boy loved her dearly. He protected her since she was an infant and loved her for just as long. Though she had her terrible flaws he saw past that and loved her with all his heart.”

  King Dukaryn raised an eyebrow.

  Lord Seliaryn’s hands balled up into fists.

  They both hated when people spoke kind words when talking about Avaryn. Even if they were true.

  “And if you are willing to love her like he once did…” Lord Kyrus said. “Then I will accept to this marriage.”

  Lady Kyrus stood up, now feeling bad that she doubted her husband.

  King Dukaryn let out a laugh. “Of course, Lord Kyrus.” He said. “I would not come to you and ask for your daughter’s hand in marriage if I thought I couldn’t love her.”

  Lord Kyrus had a small smile on his face. “Then I accept. However, let me speak to my daughter about this. It is her life and I’d want her to have an opinion in this.”

  King Dukaryn stood up and smiled. “Of course. I’ll be here all week. I hope to hear from you soon.”

  Lord Kyrus bowed.

  King Dukaryn then left the house immediately after the conversation.

  Frowning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 16K 43
Published on 11/1/23 Nine, a special force soldier whose only purpose was to serve the Imperial Army, died and transmigrated into the body of Toby Ca...
178K 8.8K 50
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
221K 6.7K 56
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
1.9M 97K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...