Chapter 17 - [Unmasked]

Blood stood in front of Master Red and refused to look at the immature Fury, who stood next to him.

     Four of his comrades were present in the room too, including Bloods close friend, Light and his partner Heart.

     "Leave, everyone. Except Blood." Master Red said.

     The warriors bowed, including Fury, and left.

     As they exited their Master's home to wait outside, Light turned to Fury, his mask still on his face. "That was rather immature of you."

     Fury glared at the man. "I'm just trying to help him! He can't go around doing this kind of thing!"

     "He can't love?" Light asked. "I love someone and I'm doing fine, thank you."

     "But this girl... She's Meenu Kyrus!"

     "So?" The woman called Life asked. She pulled off her mask and looked at Fury.

     Life was the oldest warrior in the group, older than even Master Red. She was tall, with long, straight black hair and dark, brown eyes. Her face was always serious and though she was only in her early forties, she looked almost as young as Fury.

     "Meenu Kyrus or the hideous bitch in the next town. Whoever Blood chooses is none of your concern." Life said harshly. That was how she always spoke.

     "I agree." Light added.

     "But he was trying to avoid the mission for this girl!" Fury argued.

     "Not avoid." Light said. "Blood is more responsible then that. He was trying to postpone it. And that wouldn't have been a problem because it wouldn't have changed anything. Blood would have finished it on time, maybe even earlier. You know how well he works."

     Fury stomped her foot angrily as she disappeared.

     Life rolled her eyes and put her mask back on. "You children disgust me sometimes."

     Her partner, the young and perky Sky chuckled behind his mask.

     Light sighed, turning to Heart, another perky and young warrior, the youngest in their group. "She loves him."

     Heart snorted. "Duh."

     Life groaned and Sky laughed some more. Sky always laughed at Life.

     But Life, surprisingly, didn't mind it.

     "What do you think is going to happen to Blood?" Heart then asked as he removed his own mask.

     The boy looked younger then he actually was. He was an eighteen year old orphan boy who had large green eyes and black short hair that he refused to maintain. His skin was pale and whenever he was embarrassed, you could see his cheeks turn as red as roses.

     Light shrugged. "Blood is Master Red's favorite. Nothing bad will happen."

     And so they all nodded and waited to be called back in so this next mission could be assigned to them.

     Blood straightened up as his comrades left the room. He wasn't angry with Fury, but he was absolutely annoyed.

     This moment was exactly what he was trying to avoid.

     "What exactly do you think you're doing, Blood?"

     Blood frowned behind his mask.

     "I knew this would happen." Red said as he stood up. His red eyes looked furious. "I told you to stay away from her!"