Chapter 34 - [The Statue of Lumyryn]

Meenu rode into the castle grounds with Knight by her side. This made the guards hold their ground but when she reminded them that she was the daughter of Lord Darien Kyrus, they let her pass with only some hesitation.

     But even that… was probably out of fear.

     After all, Meenu did have a reputation.

     Servants took her fathers horse from her when she got off and she walked into the castle, a guard taking her to the king and Knight still by her side.

     People stayed clear. Possibly thanks to Knight.

     She had expected to be taken to the throne room, but she wasn't. Instead, she was taken up a narrow staircase and into a meeting hall.

     Seliaryn was sitting in a chair on one side of a long table, with one leg over the other. His arms were crossed and he seemed to be discussing something important with the woman who was standing next to him.

     But the second Meenu stepped in, they both looked at her.

     Meenu smiled, happy to see Seliaryn but amazed by the woman who was by his side.

     The first thing that went through her head was wow, what a beautiful woman. The second thing was how on earth is she not in pain when she’s holding a sword that heavy on her shoulder?

     “Meenu.” Seliaryn put his leg down and leaned forward, but he said nothing else.

     Meenu was about to say hello, but the other woman spoke first. “Meenu Kyrus,” the gorgeous woman’s red lips curved up into a smile, “I knew I’d meet you soon.”

     Meenu hesitated.

     As amazing as this woman seemed, Meenu found it hard to tell if she was trustable or not.

     However, Knight, who was standing next to her, didn’t seem at all bothered by the presence of this ferociously beautiful woman, so Meenu relaxed.

     “Quite the commotion you were a part of, hmm?” She asked. “You’re the one everyone’s talking about back at home.”

     Meenu’s eyes widened, she didn’t like the sound of that.

     “Well, as a Lumynos myself, let me give you some advice. Stay out of trouble,” she started, “you look like a good girl and it seems like a lot of people really care about you.”

     Meenu didn’t miss this woman’s eyes flickering towards Seliaryn, who wasn’t looking at either of them, he was just looking straight ahead, hands on the table now.

     “Are you a knight?” Meenu asked. She didn’t look like a knight.

     The woman snorted. “No way.”

     “A warrior then?”

     She pursed her lips, thinking. “Not exactly. I just call myself a Lumynos fighter,” she said, “but I guess warrior would be the best category to put myself in for the sake of simplification.”

     “Wow.” Meenu’s eyes went to her sword. “Is that heavy?”

     The woman smiled. “Pretty heavy. If we get a chance to meet again, I’ll let you hold it.”      

     The thought excited Meenu and the woman could tell.

     But she then looked at Seliaryn. “I assume you want to be alone?”