Chapter 2 - [The Roses and the Ring]

Meenu was more than a little nervous. Her heart was racing and she could feel the blood rising to her head. But she knew she had to try to keep calm. After all, Light made it seem like they weren't in that much danger.

     Lumyryn was... nothing like she'd imagined it to be.

     It sat in the middle of the bases of two, large mountains. Almost as if there was a need for even more protection then the wall had to offer.

     The land itself was lush and colourful, though Meenu had expected it to be dark and more... red.

     The homes were large and Meenu could hear the laughter of children and chatter of friends.

     At the very center of the small nation that was contained within these walls was, of course, as Seliaryn had once told her: a massive statue of Lumyryn. It was identical to the one in the Red Palace, except for the fact that this one was maybe a hundred and fifty feet tall.

     It was huge.

     As was the case with the wall earlier, she could not see the base of the statue.

     But she imagined it to be filled with offerings and flowers and maybe even more statues.

     Maybe she would find out one day.

     Right now though, the three warriors were standing near metal gates that led to the mountains roads, hiding behind the thick trees.

     "We need a plan." Heart said.

     "The plan is that we go straight to Seliaryn's home as fast as we can," Light started, "and then once we find, or don't find, what we need, we leave without causing trouble."

     Meenu nodded but chuckled when Heart groaned, "boring."

     Light turned his masked face to look at Heart. He just looked at him for a moment before pulling Meenu back into his arms and jumping up into the trees.

     When they arrived at Seliaryn's home, the three were pleased to find that it was empty. There were no maids, no guards, no one.

     "You'd think they'd have more guards here after the King's Advisor was killed."

     "To guard what?" Light asked, "the blood that was shed?"

     Heart, who had his mask off now, stopped walking, pouted his lips and crossed his arms.

     Light chuckled.

     Meenu, who heard the two of them, didn't pay much attention to them because the flowers that filled the house were all she could focus on.

     They were beautiful.

     She had heard countless times that lady Maryryna loved flowers, but she never imagined that she loved them enough to fill her house with them.

     Besides, this wasn't just her home... it was also Lord Roviaryn's. It was strange to think that such a cold man would live in a home filled with so many flowers.

     "I'm glad she's not dead." Heart said from behind, startling Meenu.

     She turned to look at him.

     "I heard she's the kindest Lumynos alive right now. It would have been sad if she died."

     Meenu nodded. "Yeah..."

     "And also, the knowledge of her being alive may be what we need to convince Seliaryn to settle down." Light added.

     "That's what I'm hoping for," Meenu said, "he really does love his mother."