Chapter 3 - [The King of Raffyre]

It was a special time of the year in Raffyre. It was the time of the year where the King travelled around the country and each village he visited would hold a great festival in his honor.

  And it was finally time for the Village of Amberdyse to hold theirs.

  Villagers scurried around the village, preparing for the special celebration as the King and his men rode into Amberdyse.

  They decorated the roads and their homes and covered the trees with lanterns. Stages were built and people were busy practicing for their performances.

  But the excitement was only one side of this event.

  The other side was security.

  The walls of Amberdyse were covered with knights and hidden in the forest outside of Amberdyse were warriors. The King’s protection was their number one priority.

  But still, everyone was excited.

  And when they saw him for the first time that year, excitement filled the village, everyone running to get a glimpse of their great king.

  The King was a handsome young man. Though he lived for only twenty-two years, he had become very respected and loved. However, he was also very frightening to many. After all, he was a Lumynos man.

  Everyone feared the Lumynos clan.

  He sat on his horse, looking high and mighty, and all his subjects looked up at the man in awe.

  Many men dreamed to be like him.    

  Many women dreamed to be his wife.

  He had shiny black hair that was always combed back neatly under his crown and chiseled features that made him look like the statue of a god. He was strong, somewhat muscular and had a smile that was cocky, but at the same time, modest.

  But what stuck out about this king were his red eyes. The red eyes of the Lumynos family.

  The same eyes that almost every soul in their land feared.

  The same eyes that Avaryn had.

  After all Avaryn and King Dukaryn were blood.

  Like brothers.

  But not really.

  They were cousins.

  Many believed the King Dukaryn was the angel created the gods to balance out the evil that Avaryn brought forth.

  And many more believed that it was King Dukaryn who chased that traitor out of their country.

  Of course, no one knew what really happened to the killer.

  King Dukaryn smiled at his subjects as he rode forward.

  He was so used to this attention that he had become desensitized to it. It meant little to him.    

  And that was why he was so easily distracted when he saw many of the younger folk sitting around a girl, watching her instead of him.

  Meenu’s friends, and a couple of the village children, watched in amazement as she shot an arrow through yet another falling leaf, forgetting completely that the King had arrived.

  And though the King wanted to deny it, he too was quite surprised to see her skill.

  A girl? Able to wield a bow and arrow? That was a rare sight indeed.

  “Seliaryn” The king called.

  King Dukaryn’s right hand man gracefully rode his horse to the King’s side. “Yes, sire?” He asked, his deep voice made some of the women turn.